PDA

View Full Version : Big River

pebo
08-23-2003, 05:57 PM
Ok, So I've been in Havasu for the past 8 years at the Islander. Looking for a place with better water for my 21' Jet. Anybody stay here seasonal?
Any comments, nice place, people, security?
Thanks SteveE

Johnwithjm
08-23-2003, 06:31 PM
pebo:
Ok, So I've been in Havasu for the past 8 years at the Islander. Looking for a place with better water for my 21' Jet. Anybody stay here seasonal?
Any comments, nice place, people, security?
Thanks SteveE There are alot of people from the board that go to Big river Big propa is one and Wrightnow is another. I go to Lost Lake witch is down river from Big river and the water is great on that part of the river. Big river is a nice place to go they have a good place to eat called the Dock. They have a nice grass area for the kids to play and the river is smooth.
Good luck

Bense468
08-23-2003, 07:06 PM
downside is sometimes its real low in the morn.
[ August 23, 2003, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

Windy
08-23-2003, 07:31 PM
We'll be there over Labor Day weekend. A bunch of us from the baords are goen. Come on out...its a blast!
MissHBjet

wrightnow
08-23-2003, 09:48 PM
Bense468:
downside is sometimes its real low in the morn. You call it a down side, we call it a reason to stay up late and party then sleep in.
But I'v been going to Big River for the last 10 years and realy like it, It more of a family area, no bars on the water, but miles of clean water to run wide open.
There is a big group of us coming out for labor day, so come on down and check it out
Mark

Hotcrusader76
08-24-2003, 11:40 AM
It looks like there's a good time brewing. aka"G-String_Jaime" and I will be there as well even though we are Motel'n it in Blythe.
See ya'll there.
~Ty

Give Me Some Slack
08-24-2003, 12:36 PM
Hotcrusader76:
It looks like there's a good time brewing. aka"G-String_Jaime" and I will be there as well even though we are Motel'n it in Blythe.
See ya'll there.
~Ty Why hotel it when you can stay with us....But my bother says his boat is going to kick your boats ass..

Hotcrusader76
08-24-2003, 12:50 PM
Give Me Some Slack:
Hotcrusader76:
See ya'll there.
~Ty Why hotel it when you can stay with us....But my bother says his boat is going to kick your boats ass.. How about this....I will let you officialy kick my boats ass (even though my boat runs and yers doesn't) and you can officialy let Jaime and I crash in your bed :D
Deal???

Bense468
08-24-2003, 04:19 PM
Yeah I call it a downside because I am 24 and can party till 2-3 in the morn and still get up at 6-7 to go out on the water (most of the time). Thats when you get your good ski water. Thats how I was raised and thats how I continue to do the river.
So I was just pointing it out for the early morn people.
I will be out at blythe on labor and we think we are going to run up to LL to watch the races then Big river to party with some of you guys. Maybe stay the night at big river and catch up with you on the water. That was the plan last time I talked to my buddy. I will be with DJDplacecraft and one of my buddies chris, since my boat is down.
[ August 24, 2003, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

wrightnow
08-24-2003, 09:41 PM
Bense468:
Yeah I call it a downside because I am 24 and can party till 2-3 in the morn and still get up at 6-7 to go out on the water (most of the time). Thats when you get your good ski water. Thats how I was raised and thats how I continue to do the river.
So I was just pointing it out for the early morn people.
I will be out at blythe on labor and we think we are going to run up to LL to watch the races then Big river to party with some of you guys. Maybe stay the night at big river and catch up with you on the water. That was the plan last time I talked to my buddy. I will be with DJDplacecraft and one of my buddies chris, since my boat is down. But Big River has good water sking water all day, but I'm like you I like to get up early arond 7.
Great to hear your coming up our way, Big River is having a live band sat nite so it should be fun, just remind danny to wear shoes....lol.
see you then...
Mark

pebo
08-24-2003, 10:32 PM
Thanks for all the info on Big River. I am at the Islander through Sept. My plans are to re-locate for next year. I have cruised through Big River on the way out, but did'nt notice to many boats that are left there. Is it safe to leave 5wheel, Gcart and boat for the summer?
SteveE

littleC
08-24-2003, 10:41 PM
Mark
Danny and I are comming up to party and hang out all day. We r comming up in the morning and we r going to stay the night at his dads place.
We r really looking forward to partying with you guys.
Dont forget to bring the corn on the cob we already have the pickett fence.
see u up there
Chris

HBjet
08-24-2003, 10:46 PM
littleC:
Dont forget to bring the corn on the cob we already have the pickett fence.Is this Prison Code talk?
HBjet

wrightnow
08-24-2003, 10:49 PM
littleC:
Mark
Danny and I are comming up to party and hang out all day. We r comming up in the morning and we r going to stay the night at his dads place.
We r really looking forward to partying with you guys.
Dont forget to bring the corn on the cob we already have the pickett fence.
see u up there
Chris Sound great, just another day in pardise... yea you got the pickett fence (what ever your talking about) but make sure to bring a shirt.
Mark

wrightnow
08-25-2003, 10:09 AM
pebo:
Thanks for all the info on Big River. I am at the Islander through Sept. My plans are to re-locate for next year. I have cruised through Big River on the way out, but did'nt notice to many boats that are left there. Is it safe to leave 5wheel, Gcart and boat for the summer?
SteveE I have not seen or heard of any problems with leaving your stuff out for the summmer in the tem years i'v been going. I use to leave my boat on site all summer until I got my CP now I store it but my dad leaves his jetski out all summer long without any problems. Most of us dont store on-site anymore to help keep from killing the grass, they have off-site storage next to the office.
Mark

Bense468
08-25-2003, 11:36 AM
Chris you forgot to include me. LOL