PDA

View Full Version : So lets talk Jet Boats!

HammerDown
04-19-2008, 04:08 AM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f327/Hamerdown/untitled-2.jpg

Cas
04-19-2008, 09:01 AM
whatcha want to talk about?

loudpipessavelives
04-19-2008, 09:03 AM
we could talk about how i fried my electrical system today... im a little bummed out

Cas
04-19-2008, 09:06 AM
we could talk about how i fried my electrical system today... im a little bummed out
sorry to hear that! A few hours time and some wire and you'll be up and running again :)
I'm really glad to see that all the content/threads/posts is still here! :)

loudpipessavelives
04-19-2008, 09:07 AM
so am i, i've been a little lost without it

HammerDown
04-19-2008, 12:25 PM
All last summer and this winter I've come to find out there have been a little field mouse living in my Daytona. They chewed on a few beach towels but I HOPE they didn't chew on any wiring...as their known to do.

Cas
04-19-2008, 01:23 PM
damn mice! cats are pretty bad also!
I had a puppy once that decided to chew a bunch of the trailer wiring. That was bad enough but the way I found out was he got a piece of the copper wire stuck in his nose and the vet bill was pretty expensive.

loudpipessavelives
04-19-2008, 01:56 PM
i figured out what the issue was... after i put the motor back in i didnt have the alternator wire hooked back up and i put the new starter in and tried it out last weekend and left the battery hooked up... well today when im running the diverter cable back through the boat the wire shorted out on the motor mount and gave me this mess.
http://i32.tinypic.com/scqneo.jpg

Cas
04-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Ouch! Did it also arc the steering tube? it looks a bit munged also.

loudpipessavelives
04-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Ouch! Did it also arc the steering tube? it looks a bit munged also.
no haha that was just some silicon i like to make sure nothing leaks

Cas
04-19-2008, 02:09 PM
no haha that was just some silicon i like to make sure nothing leaks
:D looks like there's a chunk out of the top.
The wiring can be tedious but it's one of those things that feels good once it's all done. That wire insulation sure does stink when it burns!
Oh yea, good thing it wasn't any worse as it could of fried the whole boat :eek: :sqeyes:

loudpipessavelives
04-19-2008, 02:11 PM
:D looks like there's a chunk out of the top.
The wiring can be tedious but it's one of those things that feels good once it's all done. That wire insulation sure does stink when it burns!
Oh yea, good thing it wasn't any worse as it could of fried the whole boat :eek: :sqeyes:
yea i think it only fried the alternator wire but ill have to check the rest of the boat. Nothin like doin everything twice considering i rewired the whole boat 2 years ago. it did fill the garage with smoke nicely though

GunninGopher
04-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Not that it will help with an Alt wire, but check out your harness and make sure you have fuses where they should be. A good place to start is the main feed to the gauges. That ends up in a lot of places.

OverKill
04-26-2008, 11:21 PM
You run Hydraulic or Manual Place Diverter? Tell me if I'm reading this right. You were putting the diverter Cable somewhere and it touched metal and fried your wiring? Or was it you left your battery hooked up moved your diverter cable, touched metal, and fried your Hydraulic Place Diverter Pump??
I just want to make sure I don't screw anything up while I'm tinkering around my motor.
OverKill

'76Southwind
05-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Is that a FRAM oil filter? AAAARRRGH! Change it before you suck the filter paper into the engine.:jawdrop:

OverKill
05-10-2008, 04:25 AM
Is that a FRAM oil filter? AAAARRRGH! Change it before you suck the filter paper into the engine.:jawdrop:
I second that use a WIX let me say it one more time so you don't forget WIX. They are the best for Jets IMO and or any boat also IMO.
OverKill