PDA

View Full Version : Danica Patrick Wins

fat rat
04-20-2008, 07:16 AM
Danica Patrick became the first female winner in IndyCar history Sunday, taking the Indy Japan 300 after the top contenders were forced to pit for fuel in the final laps.

vmjtc3
04-20-2008, 07:21 AM
That sucks, it leaves room for the naysayers to say she only won because of pit strategy. In my book a win is a win. I would have rather seen her go out and dominate the race and win. But I bet they will take it !

Hardly Satisfied
04-20-2008, 08:17 AM
Danica Patrick became the first female winner in IndyCar history Sunday, taking the Indy Japan 300 after the top contenders were forced to pit for fuel in the final laps.
Who cares

conquestcat
04-20-2008, 12:58 PM
who cares is right
backed into to that win fuel mileage what a joke

Warlockjer
04-20-2008, 03:26 PM
who cares is right
A win is a win!!:) :)

wsuwrhr
04-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Good for any competitor to win.
Good for her.
Good for the sport as well.
I am sure she and her team worked their asses off for it and they deserve it. Anyone who has raced on a competitive level knows what kind of hard work, time, dedication and money it takes for a win.
Brian<----is jealous, I would love to drive an Indy car.

wsuwrhr
04-20-2008, 03:47 PM
who cares is right
Pal, when she is cashing that m-m-m-million dollar check, you can bet she knows who won that race, damn straight.
Hundreds of races have been won on fuel strategy, pit strategy, tire strategy, attrition or just plain dumb luck.
The one who crosses the finish line first is the winner.
Didn't Garlits or Hill win a Top Fuel national drag race crossing the line backwards and upside down after blowing the car over at the big end?
Give the girl a break, she and her team won, period.
Brian

wsuwrhr
04-20-2008, 03:47 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how people can talk shit the whole time someone ELSE is chasing their dream, whatever it is.
All this from the safety of the couch or computer desk.
Brian

Warlockjer
04-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Good last 3 posts!!!:)

fat rat
04-20-2008, 05:17 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how people can talk shit the whole time someone ELSE is chasing their dream, whatever it is.
All this from the safety of the couch or computer desk.
Brian
What an accomplishment for the young lady.........and I wish her many more..:idea:

Hallett19
04-24-2008, 12:42 PM
My friends and I have a philosiphy on her winning, if she got topples every time she won it would be pretty safe to say all the guys on track would let her win more often.
Hello!!!
http://www.indymotorspeedway.com/images/danica805.jpg

thatguy
04-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Good for her! It has been a long time in the making.
As far as "backing in to it". Thats rediculous. Being in the position to take advantage and get the win is not luck. That is, in fact, how races are won.
"Preperation + opportunity = Luck"
They were prepared, were presented with the opportunity, and She finally got a win. Sweet.
Plus, She is smokin' hot. At least compared to the european, gender confused guys she races against. Hope she gets some more wins now that she "popped" her cherry, so to speak.
Tommy

hoolign
04-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Danika did this all on her own! She's hot and she can drive! I give her alot of respect compared to her peers like Force!

GottaJet
04-26-2008, 10:12 PM
My friends and I have a philosiphy on her winning, if she got topples every time she won it would be pretty safe to say all the guys on track would let her win more often.
Hello!!!
http://www.indymotorspeedway.com/images/danica805.jpg
Yeah what he said:devil:

redneckcharlie
04-27-2008, 12:36 AM
Look at everybody being all pc and x x it!:D