PDA

View Full Version : Logs or Over the transom?

AZLAW
04-20-2008, 06:59 PM
I have a 83 Targa with a BBC should I keep the logs or put on Over the transom Bassett?

HawaiianJet
04-20-2008, 07:41 PM
I have a 83 Targa with a BBC should I keep the logs or put on Over the transom Bassett?
Over Transom!!!!!

Cas
04-20-2008, 08:02 PM
depends on a couple of things.
Do you have an engine cover you would like to keep?
Do you have insurance you'd like to keep?
Do you like the quiet when running down the lake?
I swapped out the OT's for thru transom headers and love it. I have insurance and really like being able to talk and listen when cruising around. The engine cover was a non issue.

jetboat
04-21-2008, 04:05 AM
ot's, but run water!and mufflers.

jetboatperformance
04-21-2008, 07:03 AM
Although the pic is small Your Targa looks very nice ,IMO it deserves Thru hulls ,it appears the engine is covered which limits you to logs ,center rise or water jacket thru hulls headers Tom

GunninGopher
04-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Although the pic is small Your Targa looks very nice ,IMO it deserves Thru hulls ,it appears the engine is covered which limits you to logs ,center rise or water jacket thru hulls headers Tom
NO doubt. Keep the engine covered and go with TT Headers. This keeps you (and your friends, kids, strangers) from getting burned and you get the performance benefit of headers. I'm assuming you have the $$.