PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Tires?

Super D
04-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Who has the hookup on a spare tire/wheel combo? :confused:
Thanks!

HMF'er
04-21-2008, 01:29 PM
If u don't care what it looks like, try a local tire shop. I once bought an ugly wheel and decent tire as spares for an old trailer for $10.

RitcheyRch
04-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Best bet is Americas Tire.

Cas
04-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Craigslist. I picked up a set of 4 aluminum wheels for my trailer for $100.
They were in great shape and with a little buffing, shiny as almost new.

HammerDown
04-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Craigslist. I picked up a set of 4 aluminum wheels for my trailer for $100.
They were in great shape and with a little buffing, shiny as almost new.
Wish I could find some new/used wheels for my trailer.
Some crazy 5 bolt off-set/backspace crazy crap going on with mine.
I've heard wheels off a Jeep or Grand Cherokee or something like that should fit...beats me.:confused:
PS hey Cas...how ya been daddy-o.

Cas
04-21-2008, 08:25 PM
you and that damn boat! you can't get insurance and now you can't even get wheels for the trailer. I'd get rid of it if I was you! I'll give you $4K and you pay the shipping to CA :D
doing pretty good at the moment, how about you?

HammerDown
04-21-2008, 08:44 PM
you and that damn boat! you can't get insurance and now you can't even get wheels for the trailer. I'd get rid of it if I was you! I'll give you $4K and you pay the shipping to CA :D
doing pretty good at the moment, how about you?
Wow...$4k that sure is alot of money, maybe I better sleep on it:D
How I'm doing...day by day in my world Cas. last Memorial day I filed a missing persons report on my brother, I hit 50, a few of us just lost our jobs, oh and I found out stress can seem like a heart attack and send you to the ER.:crossx: but what the F, I'm still pumping air.
Other than that...I'm good :D

Cas
04-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Wow...$4k that sure is alot of money, maybe I better sleep on it:D
How I'm doing...day by day in my world Cas. last Memorial day I filed a missing persons report on my brother, I hit 50, a few of us just lost our jobs, oh and I found out stress can seem like a heart attack and send you to the ER.:crossx: but what the F, I'm still pumping air.
Other than that...I'm good :D
Wow! that's a whole lotta crap! I know about the 50 thing and I know about the stress making you feel like you're having a heart attack, my ex did that to me.
Real sorry to hear about your brother and the job loss. I'm thinking the only place to go is up at this point.

Chip Lacy Racing Engines
04-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Best bet is Americas Tire.
Ditto

HammerDown
04-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Wow! that's a whole lotta crap! I know about the 50 thing and I know about the stress making you feel like you're having a heart attack, my ex did that to me.
Real sorry to hear about your brother and the job loss. I'm thinking the only place to go is up at this point.
That's what I had thought too...until someone backed into my Vette Saturday night.:notam:

Cas
04-22-2008, 08:25 PM
That's what I had thought too...until someone backed into my Vette Saturday night.:notam:
who the hell did you piss off to get such bad luck?

Super D
05-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Ok - found some online options - new tire and wheel combo shipped to my door for $135. Maybe not the best tire, but hey, it's the spare anyway. Shipping was almost $50! I called around locally, but nobody could meet or beat the price, so what the heck. 225/75/15. :D
www.taskmasterproducts.com

havasu5150
05-16-2008, 06:10 AM
I second Craigslist. Before Glamis season I needed 4 new tires for my Sport Trailer. Took about 3 weeks of searching a couple of times a week, but eventually found 4 brand new take off's, trailermasters (same brand that Americas tire sells) on rims for 200 bucks. Rims didn't fit, but I traded those for the labor at the tireshop to mount the skins on my rims. :D