PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Channel Up date Meeting just ended

UncleLarry
03-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Lots of input.. boths sides represented...
Will bring it up at a real council meeting... Probably april 11th...
Four things they are talking about..
#1) Installing parking meters for each mooring spot....or a reservation system possibly making the owner of the owner responsible for EVERYone in or around the boat.
#2) limit alcohol consumption in certain areas
#3) do some join ventures with other police agencies to better monitor and control activities in the channel
#4) limit size of the boat/one way traffic
So not as bad as some thought. But heres the deal. If you want to make difference be serious please. Write the city council and please be adult - threats and childish remarks will NOT help anyone.
Council Names and Address can be found on the cities web site....
Lake havasu City (http://ci.lake-havasu-city.az.us/)
Help if you can.. Any questions you can always contact uncle larry at jokers wild promotions
928 680-0265
Smile and enjoy -- next time on the lake stop by say Hi!

beach gomer
03-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Not bad ideas but the first one made me laugh.

lawbreaker2
03-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Parking meters, What they think this is NYC :rolleyes:

JB in so cal
03-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Think of them as REALLY secure tie offs... :rolleyes:

cc322
03-07-2006, 09:01 PM
The only one that I personally Like is #3. The rest just seems like to many rules. Parking meters GET REAL.

Supultlbich
03-07-2006, 09:03 PM
What a bunch of garbage! None of that makes any sense. If it isnt broken dont fix it!!!!!!!!! :crossx:

Kilrtoy
03-07-2006, 09:12 PM
#1) Installing parking meters for each mooring spot....or a reservation system
That should not be a problem

ThongMagnet
03-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Ok I see the permit option being good, maybe with a hand full of wrist bans indicating to others you have drinking privledges.
(Reserved spots get the wrist bans to drink. Non reserve spots would be a non drinking area.)
Sounds good, no privledges lost.
The channel is not growing, but the amount of boating at Havasu is multiplying every year.
I'm not thrilled with the one way direction in the channel, but if it was maybe 8-12pm south to north traffic, and 12-6pm north to south on busy boat weekends, It could be do able.
Someone is going to give a little, I would hate to see the whole channel be cut-off of the classic excitement of spending a day in the channel. :rollside:

moneypit
03-07-2006, 09:18 PM
I have an idea... How about the police enforce the stinking rules. Drunk in public, public nudity and all that other law code mumbo jumbo...

cc322
03-07-2006, 09:28 PM
I have an idea... How about the police enforce the stinking rules. Drunk in public, public nudity and all that other law code mumbo jumbo...
I agree with this but I see the same two officers patroling up and down the channel, so I think they are out numbered.They need more help to enforce some of those rules which are allready laws. A stronger police presence would mean better law obideing boaters or channel visitors. Lets form a boaters minutemen club to keep out the unlawfull :rollside:

moneypit
03-07-2006, 09:37 PM
With all the citations that these officers can easily write, they could have a entire slew of officers out there. They could afford it easily. I mean, what does it cost to field an officer for a day? The amount of hell rasing that goes on down there they could get alot of dough out of each boat.. Im not a police officer so someone else can do the math. Lets start with 20 boats with at least 2 people pe boat crossing the law. Thats 40 citations a day. I guarantee that it wold involve alcohol and drunken in public. Of course this may require more jailcells. and people to book em'...

H20 Toie
03-07-2006, 09:46 PM
enforces nudity rules wht the hell areyou thinking :yuk:

pixilatedpussy
03-07-2006, 09:48 PM
The Parking Meter idea is LAME! :rolleyes:

moneypit
03-07-2006, 09:49 PM
enforces nudity rules wht the hell areyou thinking :yuk:
I was thinking about fat chicks :D :D :D

Kilrtoy
03-07-2006, 11:00 PM
We all want tickets handed out like candy , UNTIL it is us that gets one from that no good sticking piece of shit

moneypit
03-07-2006, 11:11 PM
We all want tickets handed out like candy , UNTIL it is us that gets one from that no good sticking piece of shit
Im only speaking for myself.... :rolleyes: :rollside:

HYPNAUTIC
03-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Gonna need a new bating suit, anyone know where I can find one that has a pocket for quaters?
One way traffic doesnt seem like a bad idea.
How bout they throw out the riff raff and leave us be!

RiverRatMike
03-08-2006, 01:45 AM
City Council is exploring more controls on behavior in the Bridgewater Channel, but didn't indicate it was interested in closing the manmade waterway anymore.
At a public forum on Channel issues Tuesday night, several people spoke out against an elimination of mooring and beaching in the narrower parts of the channel and suggested City Council direct its efforts into more education, more law enforcement and some kind of regulated system for boat mooring and beaching.
The meeting began with a presentation from Lake Havasu City Police Chief John Alexander, who noted that the “event” that the Channel has become is so large “that it has stretched our ability to manage the problem.”
Alexander said his concerns were for officer safety due to the number of people in and around the channel, alcohol-related problems and lewd behavior stemming from everything else. Alcohol was singled out as the No. 1 source of problems in the Channel. However, arrests were down by 29 percent last year compared to 2004, said Alexander.
In addition, Alexander said that the holiday weekends weren't the only times when additional manpower is needed in the Channel.
“All of summer is becoming busier,” he said.
After a brief discussion on public recreation areas and applicable laws, the meeting was opened to public input.
Resident Jack Harrington said there was a problem in the channel, but added, “Total removal is not the answer. This city is full of boaters, don't vote against us.”
Resident A.J. Moritz told council that the lake is what brought people here and that it was important for them to consider the lake and Thompson Bay as well.
“We owe it to ourselves to keep the lake important,” said Moritz. “We have to. We're Lake Havasu City. Without it, we're Quartzite.”
Chamber of Commerce President Lisa Krueger presented City Council with more than 1,900 letters opposing any mooring or alcohol ban in the Channel, saying any kind of ban would be a detriment to the local economy.
On the other side of the issue, several people objected to the lewd behavior exhibited in the Channel in recent years and urged council to not give in to the Chamber's concerns and vote morality over money. They also felt more restrictions would make for a more family-friendly atmosphere in the area.
“Why should we have to stay away from the Channel on holiday weekends?” asked resident John King.
Sgt. Mike Fassari of the San Bernardino Sheriff's Office said his department would gladly participate in a joint enforcement task force to augment the city's forces, especially on holiday weekends.
He also said that Copper Canyon is open to boaters after several people said the Channel is getting more crowded due to that area being closed.
“I don't know how many times I have to say this, but Copper Canyon is open,” said Fassari. “It was never closed.”
Fassari then suggested parking meters be placed in the mooring areas of the Channel, and the audience applauded this. Further remarks during the break and during the rest of the meeting supported this suggestion and Mayor Harvey Jackson directed staff to explore that option.
The discussion also revealed most arrests in the Channel area occurred on the shore and involved underage drinking.
After the meeting returned for more council discussion, Aldridge asked staff to explore more joint task forces.
“I'm looking to give you enough resources to properly enforce our policy of zero tolerance,” said Aldridge to Alexander.
After the meeting, Assistant Chief Randy McCaleb said there were staffing issues last summer, but that the department now only is down four full-time officers. McCaleb said those are the four new officers authorized by City Council in the current budget year and that he expects those positions to be filled in the near future. The department now is authorized to have 83 full-time sworn officers, up from 79 last year.
Jackson said he did not want to get “extreme” with any of the ordinances, but directed to staff to look into more laws regarding alcohol control in the area as well as putting in evenly spaced mooring spots that would be regulated by a meter.
Since the meeting was a work session, no votes were taken, and the issue is scheduled to come up again for discussion in April.

Huckleberry
03-08-2006, 03:29 AM
How is a parking meter going to keep Billy Dipschit from getting drunk and acting a damn fool? Or Susie Nicerack from flashing everyone while your 9-year old son is in the boat right next to her? It is a money maker for the city, and nothing more...Period!
On the other hand...If they hired some really hot meter maids and made them wear thongs....It might be doable!?!?!!!

shueman
03-08-2006, 05:24 AM
“We owe it to ourselves to keep the lake important,” said Moritz. “We have to. We're Lake Havasu City. Without it, we're Quartzite.”
Good one.... :cool:

cc322
03-08-2006, 05:32 AM
Good one.... :cool:
Very good how true
If the concern is over holiday weekends how about this. They closed all the other areas sand bar, copper canyon, so where else do they think people are gonna go, the channel. Why not open it alll back up to eleveate the crowds in the channel and let the crowds spread out. That way you dont have such a large amount of people in one confined area.

phebus
03-08-2006, 06:07 AM
The idea behind the metered parking, or designated mooring areas, is that they would be spaced a set distance apart, thus reducing congestion.
They also felt that if they went to a time restricted parking, the flow of boats through the area (rather than the same boats parked for the entire day) Would be a plus for the merchants in the area.

shueman
03-08-2006, 06:49 AM
Very good how true
If the concern is over holiday weekends how about this. They closed all the other areas sand bar, copper canyon, so where else do they think people are gonna go, the channel. Why not open it alll back up to eleveate the crowds in the channel and let the crowds spread out. That way you dont have such a large amount of people in one confined area.
According to the LE, Copper Canyon is NEVER closed.
IMO, they need to develop beach areas down-river; there's just not enough good anchor spots to spread out the crowds on week-ends.

shueman
03-08-2006, 06:53 AM
The idea behind the metered parking, or designated mooring areas, is that they would be spaced a set distance apart, thus reducing congestion.
They also felt that if they went to a time restricted parking, the flow of boats through the area (rather than the same boats parked for the entire day) Would be a plus for the merchants in the area.
Meter-maids....Parking monitors...2-hour "stickers"....any increased LE presence will keep things "moving"...

beach gomer
03-08-2006, 07:28 AM
I like the fact that arrests were down 29% from 2004 and most of the arrests were underage drinkers.To me that means things are starting to get better,and the laws that are in place will work if enforced.

waterwitch
03-08-2006, 07:56 AM
OK.... Let me get this right? I am paying to launch,
next I am paying to sit on the beach. OKAY..... and I
sit on the beach after I paid, I am responsible for the people
around me. Interesting... I am pretty sure I am also paying with
my city taxes. I think my ass hurts from taking it!!!!!!
Zero Tolerance needs to be enforced. Is it really that hard?

a catered life
03-08-2006, 08:10 AM
The only one that I personally Like is #3. The rest just seems like to many rules. Parking meters GET REAL.
agreed

Havasu_Dreamin
03-08-2006, 08:22 AM
I like the fact that arrests were down 29% from 2004 and most of the arrests were underage drinkers.To me that means things are starting to get better,and the laws that are in place will work if enforced.
I doubt that is the real reason. I bet the reduction is due to decreased officer - public contact due to the staffing levels that were mentioned in the article.
The parking meter idea to me is kinda lame, but not for some of the reasons presented here. Yes, you paid to launch and now you have to pay to beach, that's really no different than when you go to Steamboat, you have to pay to use the beach there as well in addition to any coves that are South on the lake that are part of the Cattail Cove State Recreation area.
Realistically what they should do is extend the wall that is on both sides of the channel that has the tie-up stanchions in the wall. Put that wall all the way down both sides of the channel. Then only allow one boat to be tied up to any one stanchion. The police at this point cruise the channel doing their thing but also looking to ensure only one boat is tied to each stanchion. With it limited to only one boat per stanchion that will not only reduce the number of boats beaching thereby reducing the crowd but it will increase law enforcement contact with the boaters, and non-boaters, who are obviously not adhering to the laws.
Just my $.02

2Driver
03-08-2006, 08:23 AM
The very thing that attracted us to move to LHC in the mid 80's was the lack of over bearing regulations and controls on your personal life/fun. (no lake speed limit, noise limits, 4x4 on the beach etc...). Unfortunately the human trash element has grown to a point where all the mass society rules and regulations start to come into play in an attempt to control it, thereby ruining the way of life that made the place so fun to begin with.
Enforce the laws (#3) and sensible people will prevail and the human trash element will go away. No reason to turn it into a metered, reservation only Mormon beach

Tom Slick
03-08-2006, 08:25 AM
1. Re-open the Sandbar on holiday weekends. All they accomplished by closing the Sandbar was to force the party to migrate to the cities number one tourist attraction, the Channel.
2. Do something about all of the under age drinking. I am so tired of seeing car loads of young punk kids with zero respect for anyone or anything come walking up with a foam cooler full of beer and causing trouble. They are out of control, they litter and trash the place and don't respect anyone. LE needs to really target these types of groups, it's not like they can't be seen from a mile away.
I believe that those 2 things will help a ton.
I'm not so sure about the meters, but if done correctly it might work. I for one would like to see some parking spaces open up every now and then, so maybe having metered spots would encourage people to actually back off the beach for a little while and actually go for a boat ride. Maybe have the meter cost about $5-10 bucks an hour. I think that people will be more inclined to limit their hanging out in the Channel to just a couple of hours, rather then all day.

That Guy
03-08-2006, 08:31 AM
How is a parking meter going to keep Billy Dipschit from getting drunk and acting a damn fool? Or Susie Nicerack from flashing everyone while your 9-year old son is in the boat right next to her? It is a money maker for the city, and nothing more...Period!
On the other hand...If they hired some really hot meter maids and made them wear thongs....It might be doable!?!?!!!
As usual...right on point. Nice comment. I was thinking the same thing. "OK, now all the dipshits will stop drinking and whatever else they shouldn't be doing because they had to put .75 in the meter. Completely lame....enforce the current laws.

bite me
03-08-2006, 08:34 AM
What does item 1 and 4 have to do with the main problem (under age drinking) ???????????

2Driver
03-08-2006, 08:37 AM
Get a giant spatula 10 miles wide by 15 miles long. Dig down 100' with it and flip the whole f'n mess upside down and start over. :crossx:
Lake view lots for sale!

Havasu_Dreamin
03-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Havasu really is the place to be. I see that more clearly every day
I agree. Everyone should start going to Mohave :p

SoCalSouthpaw
03-08-2006, 08:47 AM
Young white dudes thinkin they're gang members and gang members who think they belong there is 90% of them problem. I watched the same damn thing happen to Glamis. I think they all need a 55gallon drum of whoop ass dumped on 'em. Justa opinion from da trailer. :)

Tom Slick
03-08-2006, 08:52 AM
Young white dudes thinkin they're gang members and gang members who think they belong there is 90% of them problem. I watched the same damn thing happen to Glamis. I think they all need a 55gallon drum of whoop ass dumped on 'em. Justa opinion from da trailer. :)
Right on target! I couldn't agree more.

That Guy
03-08-2006, 08:56 AM
Good point...I am wondering if we as concerned hot boaters could take a more active role. How many times have you seen sh!t going on in the channel while two police officers are sitting in a golf cart checking out the hot chicks. I am the last one who wants to get anyone in trouble, but if someone is so off the hook that some intervention might help to eliminate a bigger problem...I think saying something to the officers is in order. What do you guys think? It would help with the policing of the channel as well as helping us to not have to take matters into our own hands....just my .02

SoCalSouthpaw
03-08-2006, 09:16 AM
See, it really blows my mind. You have a place where there is very little (used to be) law presence. A place where you could go and pretty much have a great time and not worry about gettin in trouble. But, these friggen punks, and burden's on society who are better served stealing a car (like my F350 last week), or robbin a 7-11, know this and show up thinkin they can get away with all kinds of nonsense. Sooner or later, the law shows up, and guess what? the free-for-all-party is over. Just goes to show the IQ and mindset of what is soon to be the countries future.
SoCalSouthpaw for President

laveydayz
03-08-2006, 09:19 AM
If you got rid of all the dipshits there would be very little problems. Havasu has become the new trendy spot and therefore all the dipshits follow. Where were all these morons 15 years ago......thanks MTV!!!

Havasu Cig
03-08-2006, 09:25 AM
I agree, the L.E. out there does not appear to be doing a whole lot of pro active enforcement. For the amount of people they get in a small area drinking alcohol they really don't have a lot of problems. To the L.E. officers that think they can't handle the crowds out there they would be shocked if they worked in a busy city. Enforcing the public intoxication law would be the best way to solve the problems they have out there. When I was in L.E. if I came across an a$$hole that had been drinking and was causing problems he went to jail no questions asked. Takes care of the problem really quick.

SoCalSouthpaw
03-08-2006, 09:27 AM
:idea: Here's the best idea yet. Hows this sound... create a citizen watchdog crew that operates along the same lines as the Minuteman Project. We could call it.... "The Channel Men Project" except we wont be lookin to snipe immigrants....just the punks that we deem a threat to the way of life as boaters know it. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Biglue
03-08-2006, 09:33 AM
If you got rid of all the dipshits there would be very little problems. Havasu has become the new trendy spot and therefore all the dipshits follow. Where were all these morons 15 years ago......thanks MTV!!!
LAst year we were at Copper Canyon in mine and a a buddy's boat. We were anchored and tied up hanging out watching the scene. Then come these focking jerks in a rental boat pretty much not knowing wtf they were doing. Tattos everywhere and just a negative vibe kinda crowd. Anyways they pull up to my buddy's boat and start to tie up without even asking. Were like wtf? The real bad part is they were not pulling up with bumpers on their boat and even asked for one of the tie up lines. My buddy was pretty pissed about it. He mentioned the etiquette and lack of courtesy to them and they got the hint. Long story short they did tie up to my friends boat. Why go all the way to Havasu to wind up getting into a brawl and potentially hurt or in trouble over some idiots. These are the kinda guys that fock it up for everyone.
BTW we left within a half hour of them leaving. You shoulda seen the scramble and confusion of them trying to secure their boat.

pixilatedpussy
03-08-2006, 09:35 AM
My thoughts exactly! Good one Jim! :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
03-08-2006, 09:36 AM
OK.... Let me get this right? I am paying to launch,
next I am paying to sit on the beach. OKAY..... and I
sit on the beach after I paid, I am responsible for the people
around me. Interesting... I am pretty sure I am also paying with
my city taxes. I think my ass hurts from taking it!!!!!!
Zero Tolerance needs to be enforced. Is it really that hard?
LOL! Good one! Damn natives! :rollside: :rollside: :220v:

KACHINA KEN
03-08-2006, 09:39 AM
With all the citations that these officers can easily write, they could have a entire slew of officers out there. They could afford it easily. I mean, what does it cost to field an officer for a day? The amount of hell rasing that goes on down there they could get alot of dough out of each boat.. Im not a police officer so someone else can do the math. Lets start with 20 boats with at least 2 people pe boat crossing the law. Thats 40 citations a day. I guarantee that it wold involve alcohol and drunken in public. Of course this may require more jailcells. and people to book em'...
Ditto, they write a ton already, the processing tent for arrests is always lined up with 2 or 3 people going to the pokey they are understaffed down there plain and simple, they could use some mounted patrols and at least 4-6 pwc patrols so they cant creap up stealth style. thats about 10 extra patrols, not too much really. BTW, does anyone EVER see the ATV cops dismount, really, I've never seen them get off the things.

Stoneman
03-08-2006, 09:45 AM
All I know is this, if your in the channel at the begining of the season this year, becareful. LE will be busting everyone and writing tickets like mad.
See ya out in the middle of the lake.
:cool:

svlperry
03-08-2006, 09:46 AM
i talk to unclelarry from the boards on the phone yesterday and he say that we the boaters are not at fault.it's the hoodlems that don't have a boat that walk down to the channel and leave there mess and trash behind

That Guy
03-08-2006, 09:51 AM
BTW, does anyone EVER see the ATV cops dismount, really, I've never seen them get off the things.
Me either...even when a boat that was parked a few boats down from us was full of kids drinking who looked to be about 16... :220v:

pixilatedpussy
03-08-2006, 09:51 AM
i talk to unclelarry from the boards on the phone yesterday and he say that we the boaters are not at fault.it's the hoodlems that don't have a boat that walk down to the channel and leave there mess and trash behind
Guaranteed!

PlaneNutz
03-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Here's what we do.........
We all chip in and buy 7 or 8 plush golf carts. We get all of the old grouchy pissed off old people to cruise up and down like a "citizens on patrol" deal. They pull out they're big walkie talkies and have the real LE come take care of the hoodlums. It wouldn't bother me, cause I don't break the law. If you don't break the law either, then there's nothing to worry about. Underage drinking and fighting is easy for those old grouchy people to spot. They look for that stuff. Payment for their services can be made in the form of lifetime supplies of Geritol!

shadow
03-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Plain Clothes Cops.
If they were to put about 5 plain clothes cops on foot to walk the channel
both sides.They could nail the underage drinkers,They could nail the people littering,No Warnings! This would cut down on these peoples interest to hang out in the channel.Cops "could" also be more affective enforcing the exsisting
laws if they could swoop up in plain clothes.

phebus
03-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Realistically what they should do is extend the wall that is on both sides of the channel that has the tie-up stanchions in the wall. Put that wall all the way down both sides of the channel. Then only allow one boat to be tied up to any one stanchion. The police at this point cruise the channel doing their thing but also looking to ensure only one boat is tied to each stanchion. With it limited to only one boat per stanchion that will not only reduce the number of boats beaching thereby reducing the crowd but it will increase law enforcement contact with the boaters, and non-boaters, who are obviously not adhering to the laws.
Just my $.02
They are in the process of adding another 1,000 feet of wall, and the very thing you are proposing was brought up as one of the possible solutions last night.
The problem with spacing the boats is that you just open up areas for the trashy troublemakers to bring down their lawnchairs, sit in the water, and create more mayhem.

moneypit
03-08-2006, 11:30 AM
If that is true, then why are the boaters paying for it.. I disagree, it also includes boaters.... Ive seen it

Biglue
03-08-2006, 11:35 AM
If that is true, then why are the boaters paying for it.. I disagree, it also includes boaters.... Ive seen it
Very true. It's all over Havasu as well. Seen dudes jet let theor empty beer cans just float away from them :220v: :mad:

Havasu_Dreamin
03-08-2006, 12:31 PM
The problem with spacing the boats is that you just open up areas for the trashy troublemakers to bring down their lawnchairs, sit in the water, and create more mayhem.
Not if you only allow a couple of feet on each side of each boat. Granted, some people may even try and use that couple of feet.....

INSman
03-08-2006, 01:15 PM
If they issue "Permit" spaces that are clearly marked and identifiable, those that secure those permits can tell those freeloading, polluting, no boating fockin' troublemakers to get the heck off of the site !!!!

Keith E. Sayre
03-08-2006, 01:26 PM
the San Bernardino sherriff Mike who introduced the idea of a parking meter
did so as a joke. he is so frustrated with this whole matter that he did it as
a gag and everyone in the building laughed except the mayor and some moron
wearing a black leather hippie hat.
Ironic that the original issue seemed to be the fact that decent "local" family
people can't or won't go to the channel on big weekends due to the underage
drinking, fighting and nudity. This was apparently what the mayor mentioned
2 months ago and then it all turned to how much money can we make off of
parking meters. I guess he forgot about his previous requests of being able
to have a picnic in the channel with his family. Did the money overwhelm his
sense of family from 1965?
Out of 321 arrests made during the 7 months of monitoring in the channel last year, how many of them were people that owned boats parked in the channel. I'll bet less than 1%. The city council didn't know either.
Another point that Sheriff Mike pointed out at dinner after the council meeting was that the very people the mayor proposes to kick out of the channel back home are city council people and mayors and the heartthrob
and backbone of their communities. Yes, please kick out all the boaters
so that we can make more room for the trashheads that came last time that we closed the channel last year.
Keith Sayre

LhcBrad
03-08-2006, 01:26 PM
I say open up the Sandbar I have an aerial picture of it here and to me it looks like there is alot less trash there from boaters. Because most boaters do not leave trash behind. Its the walk ins with no boats that leave trash behind. Ive seen the channel a huge mess from non boaters. Like someone else said its all about the city making money,they couldnt make any money off the sandbar so they closed it.

shadow
03-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Can someone please explain how,parking meters and mooring permits will fix this?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/15021780IMG_1463.jpg

2Driver
03-08-2006, 01:43 PM
I say open up the Sandbar I have an aerial picture of it here and to me it looks like there is alot less trash there from boaters. Because most boaters do not leave trash behind. Its the walk ins with no boats that leave trash behind. Ive seen the channel a huge mess from non boaters. Like someone else said its all about the city making money,they couldnt make any money off the sandbar so they closed it.
Absolutely not true. It is $hit pile if not worse. Most sinks and tumbles off the bar to the bottom. I've snorkel under boats ( not for rookies) during big weekends. Beside cash, sunglasses, anchors the amount to trash is insane. If they dredged just below the bar they would pull up a landfill worth of garbage.
LHC got this way by slowly allowing itself to become what it is over a period of 5 to 10 years. As long as it is perceived as a place that is lawless and a place to get pass-out drunk the belligerent trash will come in hordes. The whole town's image needs to be reinvented not just the Channel. So as long as the town leaders continue to be down in the weeds in their thinking the town will continue to erode and it's a F'n shame.

HALLETT BOY
03-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Quote :
LHC got this way by slowly allowing itself to become what it is over a period of 5 to 10 years. As long as it is perceived as a place that is lawless and a place to get pass-out drunk the belligerent trash will come in hordes. The whole town's image needs to be reinvented not just the Channel. So as long as the town leaders continue to be down in the weeds in their thinking the town will continue to erode and it's a F'n shame.[/QUOTE]
Very well stated !!!

Debbolas
03-08-2006, 02:35 PM
The problems in the channel are not because of lack of sandy beach space at the lake.
People hang out in the channel to see and be seen.

2Driver
03-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Can someone please explain how,parking meters and mooring permits will fix this?
Exactly, I'd toss them all in jail...well except that one chick with the black shorts :D :D

phebus
03-08-2006, 05:02 PM
some moron wearing a black leather hippie hat.
That moron has some local newspaper out in Havasu. What a yahoo, at least he provides fishwrappers for the local fishermen.

shadow
03-08-2006, 05:08 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/15021780IMG_1475.jpg
Where were the police this day?Under staffed still could have spotted this
mess a mile away,
I see 25 littering tickets at the minimum,then a couple of drunk in publics,
underage arrests all in one stop.

CA Stu
03-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Why not just pick up a few cans and set an example?
Hell, a big trash bag and 10 minutes would clean that place right up, and also let everyone know who amongst their crowd has some class.
Thanks
CA Stu
PS You don't shit where you eat. I thought that was obvious. :)

Havasu Cig
03-08-2006, 05:18 PM
mess a mile away,
We had an officer hassle my wife for having a glass bottle in our boat, and then you see crap like this ignored. L.E. out there must be a different breed than the guys I worked with... :rolleyes:

CA Stu
03-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Instead of parking meters, why not install trash cans?
I don't see any trash cans in those pics?
Two birds with one stone. Eliminate the trash problem, and recycle those empties and make a couple of bucks. Hell, I'll bet that would pay for the trash cans and a guy to empty them, and maybe even show a profit!
Just call me Mr. Good Idea.
Thanks
CA Stu <-- also came up with the one way traffic idea, if you give a crap search back and see...

riverracerx
03-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Clearly the seven girls in that picture should be allowed to stay and the 17 guys need to leave. That is definitely the problem!

Havasu1986
03-08-2006, 05:36 PM
The city is not who close's the sandbar on big weekends. Its a fight betwween Cali and Az. Sheriffs who patrol the river. Mohave County only wanted to provide a small amount of Sheriffs and the Cali side was provided alot of Sheriffs. I was on the beach at Topock talking to a Cali Sherriff when he was telling me this and how there were problems from gangs and rapes happening. He also mentioned that it's a logistics problem for them being so far from any place in case of a major problem. Copper Canyon is so much closer for any problems.

Wmc
03-08-2006, 06:34 PM
mess a mile away,
Shadow that might not be a bad idea (Plain Clothes Cops) on big weekends
That picture is bad. I might of said something if I saw that. And then I would of had 30 dirt bags trying to kick my ass.

2Driver
03-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Shadow that might not be a bad idea (Plain Clothes Cops) on big weekends
That picture is bad. I might of said something if I saw that. And then I would of had 30 dirt bags trying to kick my ass.
Yep, I am afraid I can't keep my mouth shut either and then I'll just get whoooped. They just need to put fear and a lot of discomfort in these types of people so that the message is sent it's not happening here any longer

shadow
03-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Instead of parking meters, why not install trash cans?
I don't see any trash cans in those pics?
Two birds with one stone. Eliminate the trash problem, and recycle those empties and make a couple of bucks. Hell, I'll bet that would pay for the trash cans and a guy to empty them, and maybe even show a profit!
Just call me Mr. Good Idea.
Thanks
CA Stu <-- also came up with the one way traffic idea, if you give a crap search back and see...
Not a bad idea,but there are plenty of trash cans within a beer cans throw.
Why can't these people just throw the empty cans back in the ice chest if they don't want to walk them to the trash.We normally carry a box of kitchen size trash bags in our boat.If we run out they go in the ice chest.Not to mention they give out free trash bags.
I wouldn't mind pitching in towards a bill board along the 10 frwy with the pic above and says something like Is this how you raised your kids!

CA Stu
03-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Yep, I am afraid I can't keep my mouth shut either and then I'll just get whoooped. They just need to put fear and a lot of discomfort in these types of people so that the message is sent it's happening here any longer
Hey Einstein, two wrongs don't make a right.
Thanks
CA Stu

2Driver
03-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Hey Einstein, two wrongs don't make a right.
Thanks
CA Stu
Not sure what you are trying to say here? If you are talking about speaking up to them then I not sure why you start off with an insult? If you are talking about my statement about putting fear and discomfort in them, I am talking about them going to jail, ticketed, etc. Get it now?

CA Stu
03-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Not sure what you are trying to say here? If you are talking about speaking up to them then I not sure why you start off with an insult?
I don't think "fear and discomfort" are the best way to deal with this problem.
I think "fear" will cause resentment, and "discomfort" will bring forth revenge.
Why not try the high road, man?
I don't think anyone wants to party in a dump... there has got to be an easy, positive solution to this problem.
If you treat people like animals, they will act like animals.
If you give people the opportunity to act like civilized individuals, you may be rewarded for your efforts.
Or you could just tear gas the fockers and be done with it.
Thanks
CA Stu

shadow
03-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Thanks
CA Stu[/QUOTE]
Best idea all night!

CA Stu
03-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Thanks
CA Stu
Best idea all night!
Hell, it worked wonders in San Bernardino last weekend! :rollside:

beach gomer
03-08-2006, 07:38 PM
WMC
When was the last time you were in Havasue?Don't you stay in Parker where they don't have any of these problems?

Wmc
03-08-2006, 07:48 PM
WMC
When was the last time you were in Havasue?Don't you stay in Parker where they don't have any of these problems?
We don't have people that can drive up in cars grab the coolers and walk down to the beach to party. Most of the spots takes a boat or a lot of swimming. Thinking of going the 18th and putting the boat on the lake

2Driver
03-08-2006, 08:20 PM
I think "fear" will cause resentment, and "discomfort" will bring forth revenge.
Thanks
CA Stu
One last time Stu then 2driver has to go nigh nigh.
Fear = If I break the law I will most likey be arrested in LHC now
Discomfort = If I decide to break the law in LHC I will get a fine or go to jail.
I guess I took the long way around just saying step up the law enforcement everyone expects.
Nothing more meant bro. However keep the tear gas thing in the back pocket just incase. J/K :D

Ultrafied
03-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Why not try the high road, man?
I don't think anyone wants to party in a dump... there has got to be an easy, positive solution to this problem.
If you treat people like animals, they will act like animals.
If you give people the opportunity to act like civilized individuals, you may be rewarded for your efforts.
Thanks
CA Stu
Or ... we could reserve one spot on the beach for a "time out". That has been working wonders. :D :D

That Guy
03-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Darrell: Exactly right....idiotic idea. I know all boaters don't pick up their trash, but I honestly believe that most of us do...plus, I would be much more inclined to talk with my neighbor who is parked next to me if he/she were making a mess than the idiots posted above...who are generally drunk and just looking to be a$$holes...

riverroyal
03-09-2006, 04:05 PM
that should be fun on big weekends with drunks going around the island,shouldnt be more than 10 head ons on the south west corner :rolleyes:

shadow
03-09-2006, 04:20 PM
that should be fun on big weekends with drunks going around the island,shouldnt be more than 10 head ons on the south west corner :rolleyes:
Thats a scary thought. :2purples: :crossx: West side of the island will look
like a So Cal Frwy at 5pm.

riverroyal
03-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Thats a scary thought. :2purples: :crossx: West side of the island will look
like a So Cal Frwy at 5pm.
its tough on any weekend some times,I always get cutoff by seadoos or a smaller boat having rough water issues,,,it will be very dangerous