PDA

View Full Version : Marine Power USA motors!!!!!

Budman13
04-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Just wondering if anyone has experience with marine power 500X motors. They are chevy 502 motors with 502 hp. I want to know if they are a reliable motor. Yes, it is a crate motor. Would like to hear any experiences good or bad. Just for giggles are there bearing issues.:confused:

flathead
04-28-2008, 05:55 AM
Just wondering if anyone has experience with marine power 500X motors. They are chevy 502 motors with 502 hp. I want to know if they are a reliable motor. Yes, it is a crate motor. Would like to hear any experiences good or bad. Just for giggles are there bearing issues.:confused:
Contact J.P. Marine, Lakeside, Ca. At 619-855-5780. Talk to Joe, he has installed some of these, and should have some insight as to your concerns. I would think that they are a good product, as Joe hates come-backs, and probably would not use them if there were any readily apparant problems.:)

Psycho Squid
04-30-2008, 02:02 AM
Have done alot with Bob Gromm but havn't used him in a few years, he was located in your neck of the woods.
Address I have is 664 Stockton ave. #J San Jose Ca.95126 phone 408-998-3301 Gromm has had a performance parts wherehouse and shop since 1970 and if he dosen't do a service you require he is connected to the people who do. He is also recommended by brodix cyl. heads for their repair work. JP is very good but just thought you might like a performance shop in your area that is well connected for an opinion. Hope that helps.