PDA

View Full Version : parker

Havasubum
04-25-2008, 09:11 PM
whats the best way to parker coming from south orange county. rice road i was told would be the quickest??

life's a river
04-26-2008, 08:46 AM
Rice road is the quickest but getting off in Blythe is safer.

gigamurph
04-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Rice Road IS quicker but you need to be on the top of your drivin' game on Fri. and Sun. nights in season. Sometimes we go through Yucca Valley/29 Palms but that's just for the scenery(?). I-10 to Desert Center is the easiest. Going through Blythe seems to be alot of peoples' preference, but I've found that it can be just as dangerous as Rice Road. The only difference is the speed. Still too many "rushin'" and not payin' as close attention to their drivin' as they should be; so be very careful and ever-alert whichever route y'all take! Good luck if you choose to accept this mission!:)

SHAWNINATOR
04-28-2008, 12:25 PM
If you want another way thats a little longer keep going on the 10 east pass Desert Center and get off in Ehrenberg where the flying J is. Cut a left and go over the highway and take that road for while and youll drive past some creepy farm towns and end up in Parker.

riverbound
04-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Taking the 62 will run you into Rice rd.
As long as you dnt drive like an idiot and keep your guard up Rice is no problem.
I take Rice most of the time. If its Extrmely windy or I am towing I go through Ehrinburgh.

westair
04-28-2008, 12:50 PM
If you want another way thats a little longer keep going on the 10 east pass Desert Center and get off in Ehrenberg where the flying J is. Cut a left and go over the highway and take that road for while and youll drive past some creepy farm towns and end up in Parker.
It is an interesting road to say the least, but if your into history, it goes right thru Poston which was a Japanese Internment camp during WW2, held 20,000
at one time, theres a monument and some old buildings around. Other than that there aint sh*t on that road. Oh and watch your speed!

BADBLOWN572
04-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Oh and watch your speed!
That is very true. C.R.I.T. cops will pull you over for going 2mph over the limit. :(
I think that the 10 to Rice Rd. is definitely the fastest way to get to Parker, but it is also dangerous at times. If I am towing, I take the 10 to Ehrenberg. I am not really a fan of the 62 due to all of the stop lights and speed controlled zones. It is a safe way to go, but I will pick Rice or Ehrenberg. :)

Havasubum
04-28-2008, 09:07 PM
thanks for the info... gonna give rice road a try

Chip Lacy Racing Engines
04-29-2008, 04:44 AM
thanks for the info... gonna give rice road a try
We avoid excessive or blind passing on Rice Rd, and if we approach a group we just take a spot and fall in line with the rest.

YldBoyz
04-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Definetly, Rice Rd. is the faster route to Parker/ Havasu. From the O.C. it has taken me 3 1/2 hours to make it to the train trestle in Parker. Watch out for slower moving vehicles, when approaching fall back so you can see in front of them and pass with caution. It is harder to pass them when your riding their tail.
Just a heads up, it will take you a few trips up until you get comfortable to pass other vehicles, especially at night.
If your towing make sure you slow down when you coming up on the whoop~dee`doo's, all the weight behind you will push your vehicle into the bottom and cost your front suspension some damage, such as tie rods, alingment, etc...
Drive safely!!!