PDA

View Full Version : Looking for misc jet parts - 455/wj

73sleekraft
04-28-2008, 06:59 AM
Looking for some misc parts to get me up and going for this season. I purchased the boat end of last summer after it was sitting for about 10 years and only got a chance to put it in the water a couple times... Looking to purchase parts within the next month or so as money permits!
olds 455 / jacuzzi 12wj
*Looking to ditch the points distributor and go with an HEI. Vacuum or mechanical advance? Do I need an ignition box? Or will one of those Ebay ones work?? Looking for an inexpensive alternative from a points system.
*Degree wedge/shim for the pump. Already have a place diverter, just want more roost!
*Good place to find hinges for the engine cover(missing a couple)
*If I decide to run w/o a cover, anyone have a set of used OT headers. I can clean up or powdercoat tarnished ones...
*Electric temp sending unit for stewart warner gauges(probably just an autozone part)
Think thats it for now... Thanks fellas!

Wet Dream
04-29-2008, 09:00 AM
The HEI is plug and play. I had vac adv on mine and did just fine. Run a got wire and a wire to the tach and you're good to go.
Check out West Marine or Lowes or Home Depot for hinges. Rex may even have some.

73sleekraft
04-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the info... I am just going to try out one of those ebay vacuum advance HEI's and see what happens...:idea: It has got to be better than the old points setup that has been sitting for 10 years!