PDA

View Full Version : Windsor launch ramp

hbdude
05-03-2008, 07:33 AM
I heard they are breathalyzing at Windsor. Anybody have any Info?

raff
05-03-2008, 10:00 AM
I don't know if there are or not, but you should not be driving the boat and drinking any ways..
So what does it matter.

cc322
05-03-2008, 10:11 AM
I don't know if there are or not, but you should not be driving the boat and drinking any ways..
So what does it matter.
Good point

No Name
05-03-2008, 10:11 AM
So what does it matter.
OK DAD. Thanks for the tip.:rolleyes: :D

westair
05-03-2008, 10:40 AM
I heard they are breathalyzing at Windsor. Anybody have any Info?
Never seen it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did ...... and of course nobody on here would ever have a beer and drive a boat.

Ziggy
05-03-2008, 12:54 PM
I heard they are breathalyzing at Windsor. Anybody have any Info?One post and the dude is making sure to avoid a breathalizer :rolleyes:
Raff made the right point.
Plus, if you really want to make it right the person getting the truck should be sober too, need two DD's per boat essentially.
Last year they were nabbing the peeps retrieving the trucks in the parking lot.

Warlockjer
05-03-2008, 02:55 PM
So what does it matter.
Very Well Put!!!:) :)

hkunz
05-03-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm with you. Watching those mega-buck Eliminators move around in the channel - would you want someone impaired operating next to you? How about near your kids?

Liquid Courage
05-03-2008, 08:11 PM
They can't just give you a breathalyzer for no reason...
Cop: "Hi, bringing your boat back from a day of boating? blow into this for me."
Me: "do the letter F.O. mean anything to you?"

tcook33
05-03-2008, 08:14 PM
They can't just give you a breathalyzer for no reason...
Cop: "Hi, bringing your boat back from a day of boating? blow into this for me."
Me: "do the letter F.O. mean anything to you?"
Good luck with that. :rolleyes:
"They cant"......but "they can".

Liquid Courage
05-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Good luck with that. :rolleyes:
"They cant"......but "they can".
Uhhh, no, actually there's no "they can" about it. They can't just demand random breath tests. Now, if they're there monitoring the launch ramp and see that you are blotto as you're trying to put your boat on the trailer, or they see you attempting to back the trailer in and they have some reasonable suspicion that you're intoxicated then they can proceed with FST's and a DUI investigation. During the investigation they can request a breath sample but there's no law in AZ or Ca. that will let them just roll up to people loading their boats and demand a breath test randomly. Like I said, they can randomly ask for people to give samples but you don't have to if they're not conducting a DUI investigation on you.

gigamurph
05-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Uhhh, no, actually there's no "they can" about it. They can't just demand random breath tests. Now, if they're there monitoring the launch ramp and see that you are blotto as you're trying to put your boat on the trailer, or they see you attempting to back the trailer in and they have some reasonable suspicion that you're intoxicated then they can proceed with FST's and a DUI investigation. During the investigation they can request a breath sample but there's no law in AZ or Ca. that will let them just roll up to people loading their boats and demand a breath test randomly. Like I said, they can randomly ask for people to give samples but you don't have to if they're not conducting a DUI investigation on you.Splittin' hairs here; aren't we? While there may be no law that says that LE can't "randomly" make ya blow, it does imply that it is at LE's "reasonable suspicion of impairment" to render a DUI test, including a breathalizer. It also is not mandatory for you to surrender to any test, even though you essentially agree to by applying for and receiving a license. But any attempt to get out of any DUI test by envoking any of these "ideas" will surely make your life miserable for the ensuing couple of hours if not longer; all due to an officer's "reasonable suspicion of impairment". Try to remember that we are all out to have a good time on the water and LE is out there to help us all do just that by watching for the impaired, wreckless, and sometimes just clueless! Drink. Boat. Enjoy yourself, your fellow boaters, and the water. Just enjoy it responsibly. THEY ARE NOT THE ENEMY! Have never heard of an accident caused by any LE's boat but have heard way to many stories of those that they are trying to save us from wreaking carnage; whether on the waterways or highways. With that said; I'd like to thank the men and women in LE for doing what they do! MYSELF and MY loved ones appreciate it!

Liquid Courage
05-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Splittin' hairs here; aren't we? While there may be no law that says that LE can't "randomly" make ya blow, it does imply that it is at LE's "reasonable suspicion of impairment" to render a DUI test, including a breathalizer. It also is not mandatory for you to surrender to any test, even though you essentially agree to by applying for and receiving a license. But any attempt to get out of any DUI test by envoking any of these "ideas" will surely make your life miserable for the ensuing couple of hours if not longer; all due to an officer's "reasonable suspicion of impairment". Try to remember that we are all out to have a good time on the water and LE is out there to help us all do just that by watching for the impaired, wreckless, and sometimes just clueless! Drink. Boat. Enjoy yourself, your fellow boaters, and the water. Just enjoy it responsibly. THEY ARE NOT THE ENEMY! Have never heard of an accident caused by any LE's boat but have heard way to many stories of those that they are trying to save us from wreaking carnage; whether on the waterways or highways. With that said; I'd like to thank the men and women in LE for doing what they do! MYSELF and MY loved ones appreciate it!
Couldn't agree with you more...My only point was, if I"m getting off the water and am the DD of the boat (having not drank anything) and some LE says, "here, random breath test"...I'd be like, "nope, thanks anyway".

Throttle
05-04-2008, 01:29 PM
I am with ya here raff, peeps dont need to get hurt or have their toys wrecked because peeps are irresponsible. As for the random checks, it is the LEO's opinion, someone's actions speek for themselves.

John.
05-04-2008, 07:37 PM
There's a time and a place for drinking alcohol and for me, I don't drink alcohol and drive my boat. If I'm a passenger, I am okay with drinking; but if I'm the driver I drink water and vitamin water all day. after the boat is put away, its time to get out the blender and make some good drinks. :D

raff
05-04-2008, 08:46 PM
I am with John. on this one.
I my self do not drink out on the boat, I just wait till the end of the day.

HatenWinter
05-04-2008, 09:08 PM
I agree with you guys on this issue and i don't drink and boat either...But, how do they get away with the check points they did up near Moabi last summer? Do they do it as a "safety inspection" and then size you up to see if you've been drinking?

Throttle
05-04-2008, 09:27 PM
There's a time and a place for drinking alcohol and for me, I don't drink alcohol and drive my boat. If I'm a passenger, I am okay with drinking; but if I'm the driver I drink water and vitamin water all day. after the boat is put away, its time to get out the blender and make some good drinks. :D
yep, me too. however if i know i am sitting someplace for a few hours i may have a couple drinks. too much too loose, not worth the risk!

gigamurph
05-05-2008, 12:35 AM
I agree with you guys on this issue and i don't drink and boat either...But, how do they get away with the check points they did up near Moabi last summer? Do they do it as a "safety inspection" and then size you up to see if you've been drinking?Most likely. By the sounds of it and what I read, a vast majority of OUI tests are initiated as "safety/ compliance" inspections. Have been "boarded" on a few occasions for "compliance" inspections but have never been subjected to an OUI test.

hbdude
05-06-2008, 04:53 PM
We don't drink and drive the boat either. Sometimes the person getting the trailer has had a few drinks and we were concerned about that. Sounds like we might need 2 DDs. Thanks for all the input.

GRASS PAY$
05-06-2008, 06:14 PM
I agree with John:)