PDA

View Full Version : New Bassett UpSweep Headers

Duane HTP
05-06-2008, 05:58 AM
Here is a picture of the new Bassett UpSweep Jet boat headers. This is a prototype that is just painted. They will be available in chrome with or without water injection tubes and in different lengths to suit the customer. At this point it looks like the prices will be about the same as the present twisties. We will put the first ones made in stock. Give us some feed back.
What do You Think?
http://www.hi-techperformance.com/images/Bassett%20UpSweep%20Headers.jpg

LuckyDaze
05-06-2008, 09:15 AM
They look like their shorty headers with out the full bend in them. I donno if I like them.... Im going to sit and look at them for a while see if that changes.
~Brian

kmenard
05-06-2008, 10:55 AM
2 things...not really digging the look all that much...but I am thinking about these with water lines...seems like it would make and awful mess.

Duane HTP
05-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Keep Em coming. Input is what we want. Thank you!

H2OT TIMES
05-06-2008, 01:35 PM
It certainly gets you away from the danger of scorching your paint. And could be used in deeper hulls. I think it's great idea.

HammerDown
05-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Nope, not for me no way.

74 Rayson
05-06-2008, 02:59 PM
They don't seem to flow well with the lines of the boat. Not my style.

riverbound
05-06-2008, 03:38 PM
I agree with most other here...not to fond of them either. They should shorten the tubes or do somehting to look more likt the other upsweeps available. Like said ealrier, they look like shorties without full bends.

moneysucker
05-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Duane,
There is just somethign about those headers that I don't like as far as the aesthetics. I had a set of Cobra headers that came on Money$ucker which were probably older than me and the longest headers I have ever seen until I cut the collecter a little but I liked the way the tubes wrapped each other similar to the ones shown here:
http://www.schoenfeldheaders.com/bbdrag.htm
Like the twisties Paul makes instead of having all the tubes come out in a strait line the new upswepts look like a set of drag headers that were used to pick up the back of the boat. I like upswept headers and I think if these had a little less angle and the tubes were done a little different I would want a set. I also would need to make sure there was enough clearance to remove tall valve covers with a stud girdle without removing the headers. Bassett makes a great product bbut as they are now, these are not something I would put in my boat.
Cy

Wicked Performance Boats
05-06-2008, 04:28 PM
They just don't look right. They need to be more swept back more. And even then, checked on a dyno to see if they work. Pat

GottaJet
05-06-2008, 05:26 PM
You can never have to many options... I probably wouldn't put them on my boat, but what the hell do I know. Are there any performance perks?

bzking
05-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Here is a picture of the new Bassett UpSweep Jet boat headers. This is a prototype that is just painted. They will be available in chrome with or without water injection tubes and in different lengths to suit the customer. At this point it looks like the prices will be about the same as the present twisties. We will put the first ones made in stock. Give us some feed back.
What do You Think?
Drop the end of collector 1 1/2" then push the tubes back 2", have them Chromed and I think you will get a much better responce...

moneysucker
05-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Drop the end of collector 1 1/2" then push the tubes back 2", have them Chromed and I think you will get a much better responce...
Ehhh...What do you know. Good to see you back on here. You see your new boats history on the thread? Why don't you post up your new project?
I think you may be on to somethign here too KC. I don't think it will take much but it needs something to make them look a little better.

riverbound
05-06-2008, 07:38 PM
I think if they did that and got rid of the bend they would look much better.

marty722
05-07-2008, 06:44 AM
Don't like them either.

noregret$
05-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Keep Em coming. Input is what we want. Thank you!
Paul does great work , and the bassett name is top notch in quality they just don't look right , too tall , too much up angle , i don't know what they do on a dyno , but they just don't flow on this hull... JMHO tell him to keep trying we need more option's in the market...
BIG D

Jet Hydro
05-07-2008, 10:55 AM
looks like a pain in the A$$ to work around and they look like they were taken off my dragster.
Not for me either ;)

sstjet
05-07-2008, 11:19 AM
They may work okay, but the car headers are proven to make power and they look much better. :D

Nubbs
05-07-2008, 12:03 PM
They're not for me. I think they are angled to high at the collector. The would probably make a good potato launcher though. :D

Dragboats
05-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Not sure they look any diff from other ones that look like those. I dont care for them...

76ANTHONY
05-07-2008, 08:33 PM
IM NOT REALLY DIGGIN EM MYSELF, THEY DONT FOLLOW THE LINES OF THE BOAT VERY WELL, opps caps. they look like someone tried to copy the bassett's and couldnt do the full bend, now i know thats not whats up, but thats what it looks like to me. ,:idea:

'76Southwind
05-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Now I remember where I saw that angle, it's the same one that's on the ferris wheel shifter lever at the carnival. I'll stick with my present Bassetts, but it's nice to see some innovation out there, who knows maybe they'll take over the OT world. Good Luck.

HawaiianJet
05-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Here's what they should look like!!!!
http://www.performanceboats.com/html/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7943&d=1210091634

sstjet
05-10-2008, 03:57 AM
The pics that Noregret$ posted are the way upswept headers should look.:)

HawaiianJet
05-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Yeah, those are great too. But those are the really expensive ones.:( The ones I posted are cheap as hell!:D 400 bucks gets you a non-ceramic coated set, and if you want a ceramic coating, it's another $225. But, 625 bucks is still a damn good price for a set of badass looking headers, better than paying a grand for a set of Bassett over transoms, that are only chrome plated.

HawaiianJet
05-10-2008, 03:14 PM
What do You Think?
I still think they look like shit!!!!!:yuk:
Hurts my eyes to look at that angle and how tall those things are!:sqeyes:

joker19
05-10-2008, 07:52 PM
I think they are suppose to match the angle of the rooster-tail!!!!???:confused:

Duane HTP
05-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Thank all of you who gave input to this thread. I appreciate it very much.
The idea has been scrapped for making the headers in that style. We may have another prototype later.
Thanks again, you have been a great help.

widowmaker
05-17-2008, 09:41 PM
rewarders upswepts get my vote, maybe a shorter collecter would help on the bassets?

Big H
05-28-2008, 01:58 PM
You can never have to many options... I probably wouldn't put them on my boat, but what the hell do I know?
This is perfect! +1

cobalt 222
05-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Looks A Little Red Neck Too Me.be Ok On A Drag Boat Not The Lake