PDA

View Full Version : gas flowing out of blower vent while parked

el_jefe
08-27-2002, 12:24 AM
I had my 21 ft. jet parked for 2 weeks, than all of a sudden gas starting coming out of the blower vents. Does anyone know why?

Mohavekid
08-27-2002, 08:00 AM
Gas out of the blower vents????

Hotcrusader76
08-27-2002, 08:09 AM
Mohavekid:
Gas out of the blower vents????Is this gas out of the gas tank vents???
Either way...air that bitch out! Otherwise that fuel vapor is going to cost you a boat and possiably the garage when that water heater turns on. You might have a plug somewhere in your fuel system thats building pressure up in your tank....No??? Just trying to give some suggestions to investigate.
-Ty :confused:

Mohavekid
08-27-2002, 08:53 AM
Agree with Ty here, air that thing out before you have bigger problem, and don't use it until you figure out where the fuel is coming from. Just a thought, if you put the boat away with very full fuel tanks, heat could be making the gas expand and force it's way out of the tank vents. Good luck.

BrendellaJet
08-27-2002, 09:47 AM
I was having the same problem last night. Just get a drill pump and fill up your truck!

el_jefe
08-27-2002, 11:40 PM
Thanks! for the input, it is from the gas tank vents, and I did park it with a full tanks; thus, the gas expanding would seem logical.
Thanks! again for everyone's input.
Mohavekid:
Agree with Ty here, air that thing out before you have bigger problem, and don't use it until you figure out where the fuel is coming from. Just a thought, if you put the boat away with very full fuel tanks, heat could be making the gas expand and force it's way out of the tank vents. Good luck.

cruser
08-27-2002, 11:46 PM
I would not use a drill pump if you have a lot of gas fumes in the air. The brushes in the drill may ignite the fumes and at best you will be looking for a new boat. Move the boat outside. Let the fumes in the boat dissipate.
Reminds me of the Darwin award for the guy that used a vacuum clean to suck gas from his car tank. KABOOM!!

Jordy
08-28-2002, 12:23 AM
Oh yeah, and don't open the fuel tank caps and use a match/lighter to check the levels. That would be bad too.
Jordy :D