PDA

View Full Version : So it had to happen sooner or later...

Jordy
03-08-2006, 07:15 AM
and I'm kind of surprised that it lasted at long as it did. One of the best Sandbar threads ever is gone. RIP Man Up thread. :D
Apparently someone must have realized it's a bad practice to shit where you eat. :D :D :D

Jbb
03-08-2006, 07:19 AM
Jordan!......Stop being a hater... :p
RD SUX....

Jordy
03-08-2006, 07:22 AM
Jordan!......Stop being a hater... :p
RD SUX....
Who the hell is Jordan??? :D :D :D

Jordy
03-08-2006, 07:27 AM
You were on a serious roll yesterday.
A broken watch is right twice a day. ;)
My stomach hurts from laughing so hard yesterday. Some funny stuff going on around here. Internet enemies, armies, and oil leaking POS jetboats, all in the biggest backfire thread in ***boat history. And now it's all gone. Boo. :notam:

Jbb
03-08-2006, 07:29 AM
A broken watch is right twice a day. ;)
My stomach hurts from laughing so hard yesterday. Some funny stuff going on around here. Internet enemies, armies, and oil leaking POS jetboats, all in the biggest backfire thread in ***boat history. And now it's all gone. Boo. :notam:
I heard that backfire .....all the way over here........BANG!....

JetBoatRich
03-08-2006, 07:34 AM
and I missed it :yuk:
work is getting in the way :cry:

BarryMac
03-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Who the hell is Jordan??? :D :D :D
Some internet Ted...:D :D :D

MagicMtnDan
03-08-2006, 07:49 AM
I'm still looking for the thread posted by the boat buyer who spent a fortune on a boat manufactured by a (and is going to court against the) company located in Arizona.
Another winter of discontent :D on the Sandbar.

Jordy
03-08-2006, 07:57 AM
Fortunately, the best part of the thread was saved for future reference. As JBB would say.... BANG!!!! This is where things got rather amusing:
Yes, i was the one that came to look at boat and planned to buy it. After several phone conversations and e-mails, Karl said a deposit was not necessary. We talked about the condition of the hull, pump and engine, etc. He sent pictures and informed me pump was ok, floor just replaced a year prior, and interior was in good shape. I show up to check the boat out and boat had a crack in the cap where the only thing holding piece on was rub rail. Hull condition was okay for 30 year old boat with exception of the crack. Interior was junk, sun rotted, brittle and hard. Climbed underneath to check condition of pump and found one skag broke off intake, intake knocked loose off of hull and oil leaking from bilge around intake. Looked inside intake and discovered pieces of leading edge of the impeller missing. Decided WTH and took boat out on water anyways to see how it would perform. Launched boat, engine started without a hitch. Noticed growling noise coming from pump. Not the usual h-bar rattle, but a growling noise telling of bad thrust bearing. Took boat out past no wake zone, hit the throttle and engine fell on its face. proceeded to get boat on plain, which was not very easy due to bad pump. rode down the lake and noticed whole dash was moving, which indicates to me the floor is broke loose and not solid. put boat back on trailer as Karl had appt to get to, agreed to talk again later. I decided I was not going to purchase what I viewed as unsafe boat for my family or any one elses for that matter. Karl informed me this boat was turn key. I realize that one persons view of turn key is different from another, but with all these little things wrong with boat, how can it truly be turn key when there is a fear of making it back to to the launch ramp after a day of boating. I was led to believe pump was ok, floor solid, interior and hull in better condition than they were. Maybe if owner had been more forth coming about boats condition then it would not have come to this. I understand that for the price I'm not going to get a perfect boat, nor am i Looking for perfect boat. But I view this boat as a project, not turn key and not worth more than $2000.
Southwind was closed in 1982 and the mold you are referring to, the 20 (made for Southwind but never purchased by Southwind) is the only Southwind mold that Dana owns. The deck was redesigned by the original toolmaker (Smiley's Fiberglass). Dana does not own ANY original Southwind molds. Nor did I say they did. Go talk with Rhett to get your facts straight, better yet go talk to Smiley at Smiley's Fiberglass. This is not a slam on Dana boats, just facts to straighten out info on our previous conversation.

Jbb
03-08-2006, 08:06 AM
Fortunately, the best part of the thread was saved for future reference. As JBB would say.... BANG!!!! This is where things got rather amusing:
To hell with stirring by hand.......get out the power auger....lmao..... :p

Jordy
03-08-2006, 08:17 AM
To hell with stirring by hand.......get out the power auger....lmao..... :p
Good point. Well taken. :D
So it's with that in mind that I offer up, for those who missed it the first time, the thread:
Thread of the year (http://www.riverdave.com/sk/sk01.htm)
I figure if you're going to post something up like that, you should probably have the intestinal fortitude to keep it up there, even when it takes an unexpected turn. ;)

Jordy
03-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Jordy...I have an opening for a junk yard dog and I think you would make a perfect fit :)
So you want me to be part of your internet army??? :D

2Driver
03-08-2006, 08:26 AM
and I'm kind of surprised that it lasted at long as it did. One of the best Sandbar threads ever is gone. RIP Man Up thread. :D
Apparently someone must have realized it's a bad practice to shit where you eat. :D :D :D
Something tells me if your internet connection was down yesterday the thread may still be there :D :D :D

Jordy
03-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Something tells me if your internet connection was down yesterday the thread may still be there :D :D :D
I doubt it. Not with a thread that turned into the exact opposite of what was intended. Like I said, I can't believe it was up as long as it was after FourQ manned up. :D

Dave C
03-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Thats great!! LOL. I knew I could count on you....
power auger... lmfao!
Good point. Well taken. :D
So it's with that in mind that I offer up, for those who missed it the first time, the thread:
thread of the year (http://www.riverdave.com/sk/sk01.htm)
I figure if you're going to post something up like that, you should probably have the intestinal fortitude to keep it up there, even when it takes an unexpected turn. ;)

BoatFloating
03-08-2006, 08:30 AM
J, you are one sick bastard...... No wonder why I like you.... :)

BarryMac
03-08-2006, 08:30 AM
So you want me to be part of your internet army??? :D
Sounds like Beaumont happening all over again... :D :D
TED

Jbb
03-08-2006, 08:31 AM
TED
You know how they do it.....?..... :p

2Driver
03-08-2006, 08:32 AM
I saw it last night and wondered what the hell took a 'boat sale gone bad" thread into 6 pages. I scanned a bit of it and wow WTF? ! Didn't have time to take in the whole thing as I was trying to have alife outside HBF :rollside:
Can't we all get along? :rollside:

Havasu_Dreamin
03-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Jordy, you crack me up. :cool:

Jordy
03-08-2006, 08:34 AM
TED
Do me a favor and dont ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, never, ever use the B word in one of my threads. Thanks. :D :D :D

Jordy
03-08-2006, 08:35 AM
What fun would that be though??? I see this as a lesson in eating crow. Come on here and try to throw your weight around, get burned badly, and then try to delete it and make it all go away??? Not quite that easy. Perhaps some thought will be given before another thread is started calling someone out. ;)
Jordy <---- promoting internet peace through unconventional methods. :D

JetBoatRich
03-08-2006, 08:36 AM
Not in the sandbox :boxed:

rrrr
03-08-2006, 08:37 AM
Come on here and try to throw your weight around, get burned badly, and then try to delete it and make it all go away???
OWNED!! :220v: :220v:

460 jus getn it
03-08-2006, 08:49 AM
again that was one of the best if not the best thread i have ever read.......classic

azgfboatgirl
03-08-2006, 08:55 AM
Jordy <---- promoting internet peace through unconventional methods. :D
Jordy I knew you were promoting something, but peace was the furthest thing from my mind. LMAO!

MAINEVENT
03-08-2006, 09:44 AM
Do me a favor and dont ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, never, ever use the B word in one of my threads. Thanks. :D :D :D
Bitch... :)

Jordy
03-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Wrong b word bastage. :D

BarryMac
03-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Sorry, Jordy really like BEAUMONT...:D

MKEELINE
03-08-2006, 09:50 AM
It also appears that the ad for this "turn key" boat was removed from the Spam section. What a shame that someone will miss out on this great opportunity :rolleyes: .

Jordy
03-08-2006, 09:53 AM
It also appears that the ad for this "turn key" boat was removed from the Spam section. What a shame that someone will miss out on this great opportunity :rolleyes: .
Dang. :notam:
I do believe it's still listed over in the RRL classifieds though, just in case you wanted to check it out. ;)
Oh, and GJB, I'll just pretend I didn't see that. :rolleyes: :cool:

MKEELINE
03-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Dang. :notam:
I do believe it's still listed over in the RRL classifieds though, just in case you wanted to check it out. ;)
Oh, and GJB, I'll just pretend I didn't see that. :rolleyes: :cool:
Sweet, those 15 year old original Ford gaskets must be collector items by now. Just because the key turns doesn't make something "turn key".

Jordy
03-08-2006, 10:44 AM
Sweet, those 15 year old original Ford gaskets must be collector items by now.
Good point. Perhaps the price should be raised. :D :D :D
Just because the key turns doesn't make something "turn key".
Now that would make a great signature line right there. :D :D :D

HighRoller
03-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Jordy to the "I'm on a leash" thread...STAT! Gotta get in a few good pops before it takes a direct hit from Moderator Gunship One. BTW, can anyone give me a readers' digest version of the thread that got yanked? I must have missed the good stuff while studying.

Jordy
03-08-2006, 11:57 AM
BTW, can anyone give me a readers' digest version of the thread that got yanked? I must have missed the good stuff while studying.
You can just read the first 3 pages right here:
Reader's Digest version? Apparently the boat in question was a giant turd and when the person being called out in the thread finally "manned up" a lot of interesting information came to light. Backfire of the year!!! :D :D :D

Her454
03-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Did the Moderators remove it?

topless
03-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Jordy to the "I'm on a leash" thread...STAT! Gotta get in a few good pops before it takes a direct hit from Moderator Gunship One. BTW, can anyone give me a readers' digest version of the thread that got yanked? I must have missed the good stuff while studying.
Someone was selling a boat and someone else didn't want to buy it. The End

Tom Brown
03-08-2006, 12:00 PM
It's a distinct possibility that the thread starter removed it. Hard to say.

Tom Brown
03-08-2006, 12:01 PM
... or so you would think.
... but it didn't end there and what ensued was quite entertaining. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif :D

Jordy
03-08-2006, 12:02 PM
That's really all you got out of this whole exercise? Perhaps you should click on that link and reread the thread in question and see if you can come up with a deeper meaning. :D :D :D

Jbb
03-08-2006, 12:05 PM
That's really all you got out of this whole exercise? Perhaps you should click on that link and reread the thread in question and see if you can come up with a deeper meaning. :D :D :D
superficiality reigns supreme...... :)

topless
03-08-2006, 12:06 PM
That's really all you got out of this whole exercise? Perhaps you should click on that link and reread the thread in question and see if you can come up with a deeper meaning. :D :D :DI read it and it was a classic. Too bad I missed the whole thing yesterday.

460 jus getn it
03-08-2006, 12:07 PM
naw...there was so much more quality stuff in there then that........

HighRoller
03-08-2006, 12:10 PM
Hmm, I didn't get it either. Are we talking maybe some subconscious Brokeback Mountain spiteful gay lover kind of deep meaning, or something else. I'm lost....Is this thread an analogy for something? What is the secret handshake, Dammit?

Rexone
03-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Probably, those inept bastards are always editing and deleting the good stuff.

Cole Trickle
03-08-2006, 12:46 PM
I would post in this thread but I am really sensitive to my post count being negatively affected after I type valuble thoughts that brings meaning to Hot Boat .... :crossx: :idea: :220v: :skull:
<-------- thinks this thread will disapear at around 6 pages :crossx: ;)
Now someone post pictures of hot women wearing pasties!!!!

Her454
03-08-2006, 12:54 PM
Probably, those inept bastards are always editing and deleting the good stuff.
Damn those bastards. :rollside:

waterwitch
03-08-2006, 12:55 PM
Oh Jordy I am cracking up! I am SO glad you saved it.
Especially seems how the boat spam is no longer in the
forum. I would hate for someone to have to type that all
over again.
Although I am sure his "other" spam will come up again!!!!!!!!!

Jordy
03-08-2006, 12:56 PM
<-------- thinks this thread will disapear at around 6 pages :crossx: ;)
Not from any of my doing. Maybe if the moderators start getting all power hungry and shit... :D :D :D

Cole Trickle
03-08-2006, 01:07 PM
Not from any of my doing. Maybe if the moderators start getting all power hungry and shit... :D :D :D
Those Moderators are a picky bunch with no sence of humor!! :crossx:
I will be right back I need to go start some shit over on RRL;) :idea:

RiverDave
03-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Since when do I have my own website? RD.com?
RD

Ziggy
03-08-2006, 02:24 PM
if the moderators start getting all power hungry and shit... :D :D :D
Plenty of other people that have the same chip on their shoulders.
I didn't see entertainment value in that thread...I saw two people that didn't communicate with each other or agree. Apologies came from both and they went their seperate ways.

Jordy
03-08-2006, 02:28 PM
Apologies came from both and they went their seperate ways.
Hmm. I must have missed that part of the thread after I got done reading page 6. ;)

Ziggy
03-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Hmm. I must have missed that part of the thread after I got done reading page 6. ;)
Yup, it was there, they both "manned up" and ended it.....then I flirted with Pixi :D :D

Tom Brown
03-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Since when do I have my own website? RD.com?
It's been up for a while now but I haven't seen you around.
I assumed you were banned. :confused:

Jordy
03-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Yup, it was there, they both "manned up" and ended it.....then I flirted with Pixi :D :D
Perhaps that was somewhere around the time where my boat came into the picture and he got smacked around some more. Maybe that's why I missed it. Oh well, at any rate, it's still one of the alltime classic backfire threads and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving person, and according to the pm's I've gotten, I'm not the only one who feels that way. :D :D :D

Midlife Advantage
03-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Jordy, ya crack me up! can I use this as my signature?...
"Reverend Jordy - promoting internet peace through unconventional methods."

Jordy
03-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Jordy, ya crack me up! can I use this as my signature?...
"Reverend Jordy - promoting internet peace through unconventional methods."
I'm not sure about the Reverend thing, but other than that, go for it. :D :D :D

Midlife Advantage
03-08-2006, 03:05 PM
I'm not sure about the Reverend thing, but other than that, go for it. :D :D :D
seems like you are the irreverent reverend of HB, but oh well, I think I will use "anti-shit stirrer" :idea:

460 jus getn it
03-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Perhaps that was somewhere around the time where my boat came into the picture and he got smacked around some more. Maybe that's why I missed it. Oh well, at any rate, it's still one of the alltime classic backfire threads and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving person, and according to the pm's I've gotten, I'm not the only one who feels that way. :D :D :Dnawwww.........i think it was more like a cannon goingoff inside a metal building....awww hahahahahahahah

Ziggy
03-08-2006, 03:10 PM
Perhaps that was somewhere around the time where my boat came into the picture and he got smacked around some more. Maybe that's why I missed it. Oh well, at any rate, it's still one of the alltime classic backfire threads and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving person, and according to the pm's I've gotten, I'm not the only one who feels that way. :D :D :D
That's life............on the internet. Life will go on for everyone.

Jordy
03-08-2006, 03:12 PM
Life will go on for everyone.
Yes it will. I've yet to lose any sleep over anything that's happened on the boards. ;)

KACHINA KEN
03-08-2006, 03:42 PM
I'm still looking for the thread posted by the boat buyer who spent a fortune on a boat manufactured by a (and is going to court against the) company located in Arizona.
Another winter of discontent :D on the Sandbar.
I'll send you tix to the trial, you know I got your back Dan:)

canuck1
03-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Jordy...You are an ass
Keep it up :)

ROZ
03-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Damit! I quit my job and can't police the forums, and BAM, good sheit goes on and I miss it!
well, f- you all! :D