PDA

View Full Version : Park Moabi

GOTLDH
05-13-2008, 06:53 PM
So we are planning our first river trip of the season. We are staying in Laughlin but still want to boat in havasu. Does anyone know if you need a special pass to launch at park moabi or can you just buy a day pass?
Thanks

finsfan4life
05-13-2008, 07:12 PM
So we are planning our first river trip of the season. We are staying in Laughlin but still want to boat in havasu. Does anyone know if you need a special pass to launch at park moabi or can you just buy a day pass?
Thanks
Funny u ask..I was just there last week. No pass needed, entrance fee is only $10..It was a great place to hang out too...It only took me about 20 to 25 min to get to Sandbar from Moabi..and was a beautiful ride...Try to get there before 10 or 11.....I got there (Moabi) after 12 and had to park in overflow,,but it was still great....

GOTLDH
05-13-2008, 07:30 PM
hows the weather / water been? I'm so excited!!! I didnt get to use the boat once last summer, I was busy working to pay off the wedding but it is on this Year!!!!!

finsfan4life
05-13-2008, 08:51 PM
hows the weather / water been? I'm so excited!!! I didnt get to use the boat once last summer, I was busy working to pay off the wedding but it is on this Year!!!!!
Last Sat, perfect..about 90 and no wind...sun a lil windy and about 95...water temp was not that bad,,,the usual cool water being the river....Not as cold as I thought it would be...This was the earliest trip (in the year) i ever took..and it ws perfect...by the way the water level is high...I was told that they were trying to fill some lake down south...!!!! I HAD A GREAT TIME...HAVE FUN !!!!

mdunn01
05-14-2008, 07:18 AM
I myself would like to do this trip some time. i have launched at AVI and that was a mess, very hard and the current was moving quick. i myself would like too go to Moabi and try riding down to the Sand bar. We usually just go to Mojave and kick it in coves.

ahhell
05-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Moabi is good for getting to the sand bar/Havasu, Jack Smith in needles is also a good place to launch but fills up quick...the Avi SUCKS ASS, I live across the street from it and have launched there once...25 bucks:eek: I dont want to buy the place, just launch the boat
actually spending a week at Moabi next month...cant wait, vacation 15 minutes from home:D