PDA

View Full Version : And for Mother's Day...my motor blew up!

Tremor Therapy
05-14-2008, 07:57 AM
I will post some pictures from this Mother's Day in a later thread, but suffice to say my 540 lost oil pressure and then went BNAG! 3 different people tried crawling back in the hatch to see where the oil came from, but all we could figure was that it is all over the bottom end! It sounded like a thrown rod when it happened, but who knows without tearing it apart. I shut it down immediately. It did not overheat, and amazingly enough it would still start and run when I turned the starter over later that afternoon (and no, the racket did not go away)!
So a question, I live in Murrieta and need a good boat motor mechanic. Anybody know of someone that is honest and won't try and gouge me? I called Shockwave, and Bob recommended Greg Shoemaker. I know there are others, and I am asking the HB members if there is anybody they would recommend to look at my motor?
Thanks,
Alan

riverracerx
05-14-2008, 08:04 AM
That sucks Alan. We looked for you this weekend. Hope it isn't too bad to fix. :(

HMF'er
05-14-2008, 08:38 AM
I will post some pictures from this Mother's Day in a later thread, but suffice to say my 540 lost oil pressure and then went BNAG! 3 different people tried crawling back in the hatch to see where the oil came from, but all we could figure was that it is all over the bottom end! It sounded like a thrown rod when it happened, but who knows without tearing it apart. I shut it down immediately. It did not overheat, and amazingly enough it would still start and run when I turned the starter over later that afternoon (and no, the racket did not go away)!
So a question, I live in Murrieta and need a good boat motor mechanic. Anybody know of someone that is honest and won't try and gouge me? I called Shockwave, and Bob recommended Greg Shoemaker. I know there are others, and I am asking the HB members if there is anybody they would recommend to look at my motor?
Thanks,
Alan
Not bashing, but my experience with the name listed above (GS) has not been pleasant. Bob's a good dude.

cj92345
05-14-2008, 12:44 PM
my brother's shop is in rancho cucamonga....you can see him on the the
cover of popular hot rodding...he does big blocks his name is tim 909-989-1573

BigDogIvan
05-14-2008, 12:53 PM
That Sucks Alan!!! Hope your summer hasn't totaly gone down the craper boating wise. Hope you can get someone to get that thing rebuilt without getting shafted.

hotlavey
05-14-2008, 01:12 PM
I highly recommend Extreme Custom Marine in Elsinore. Great guys to work with and very reasonable on prices. They've been taking care of my boat for years(Whippled HP500) and I have never, ever, had a problem. Talk with Kirk or Paul(owners)- 951-6749100.
Thanks,
Alan