PDA

View Full Version : WhatÂ’s the Latest on CA Resident Registering a Boat in AZ?

Wake Havasu
05-16-2008, 01:25 AM
I searched here at HB but info was dated 2003.
I reside in California.
My boat is kept year round at the Anchor Inn in Parker.
I only boat on the River and Havasu and once a year in Powell.
The boat comes to California once a year for service.
In fact I have owned the boat two years and its only been in Calif twice for grand total of three days!
Can I reg the Boat in AZ?
Does Anyone know the non resident per foot charges for AZ in 2008?
Should I leave the trailer as CA?
Where does on reg a boat in the Parker Area?
Thanks for any help!

Mike67rs
05-16-2008, 07:41 AM
You can register it lawfully in AZ as a non-resident. If it is currently registered in CA you may not be able to get away from paying the unsecured property tax, so it may not be worth registering it AZ. Contact the tax assessor in your county...you may be able to change the location of mooring/storage to avoid the tax. Keep the trailer registered in CA since you are a CA resident. Reg fees are:
Watercraft Size Resident Fees Nonresident Fees
0 to 12 ft. $20 $100
12 ft. 1 in. to 16 ft. $22 $110
16 ft. 1 in to 20 ft. $30 $222
20 ft. 1 in to 26 ft. $35 $259
26 ft. 1 in to 39 ft. $39 $292
39 ft. 1 in to 64 ft. $44 $330
64 ft. 1 in and over $66 $495
Everything you need to know is here:
http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/boating.shtml

finsfan4life
05-16-2008, 08:18 AM
Register your Trailer in Ca. Register your boat in Az. It is about $260 (for my 23 ft) a year (non resident), but u dont pay Ca. taxes. You can travel with your boat in Ca. as much as u want and u shoudnt have any problems because it's on a trailer with Ca. reg.
Go to the Az. dept of fish and game website for all the info. You could reg. ur boat online. The turn around time is about two weeks, depending how busy the person is....Good Luck !!!
http://www.gf.state.az.us/

wedge44
05-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Hey Fin Fans.....that almost looks like richard as a baby in your avatar:D :D :D

Ziggy
05-16-2008, 09:03 PM
As long as the boats main use is in Az waters then its lawfull....but who'd know any different.
The river counts as AZ water no matter where you launch it.
All info given sounds acurate and worthy.

finsfan4life
05-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Hey Fin Fans.....that almost looks like richard as a baby in your avatar:D :D :D
Who This !!!

azgfboatgirl
05-19-2008, 03:45 PM
www.azgfd.gov is the site address to optain the watercraft application.
You can not register your boat for the first time online, that is set up for renewal only. :)
Processing for all mail is 30 days right now. 2 weeks, not happening. :sqeyes:
The massive amount of calls are interferring with my processing time. :eek: :D
Leave your trailer in California if you are on their highways.
Libby :)

Member: 7673
05-19-2008, 06:54 PM
You can not register your boat for the first time online, that is set up for renewal only. :)
THANKS A MILLION FOR YOUR HELP TODAY!!! Did a search on the website you referred to, and came out clear.
The new owner should of called, right after our conversation. Once again, Thanks!!
Thanks,
Juan

summerlove
05-19-2008, 07:33 PM
I got my AZ renewal in the mail today. It is $259. CA charges, I think, $5/year. I'm going to change. My boat is over 20 years old and makes no sense to continue to register in AZ. While the boat resides in Havasu F/T, I think I just might make the switch. The only cost is removing the AZ numbers and adding the CA numbers. Anyone out there gone the other way with that?
The CA P/T is what, 1.1%? Still cheaper than $259.

finsfan4life
05-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Oh yeah that was ur name Libby....You were great...Sorry about the two week thing...I guess ur overwhelmed now...

Tremor Therapy
05-23-2008, 11:50 AM
I got my AZ renewal in the mail today. It is $259. CA charges, I think, $5/year. I'm going to change. My boat is over 20 years old and makes no sense to continue to register in AZ. While the boat resides in Havasu F/T, I think I just might make the switch. The only cost is removing the AZ numbers and adding the CA numbers. Anyone out there gone the other way with that?
Exactly why my latest boat stayed registered in California. I would save about $35 per year if I did all of the paperwork, but I'd rather not hassle with it.

Ziggy
05-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Yup, makes sense once the assessed value costs less than AZ registration.....I'm still waiting:)

1RVRRNR
05-23-2008, 07:27 PM
for 4 years I have been nailed with luxury tax & the boat never see's Cally, I heard from a friend to register boat in AZ as a non-resident. I cost me $292.00 & left the trailer as Cally. Boat sits in storage year round. Why pay for the bull now it seems we will being paying for permits up to $2,000.00 per year. What is next???

lovemyultra
05-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Libby knows her shit she is the bomb and I still owe her lunch

1RVRRNR
05-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Has anyone heard about the clean water law??? boaters to pay a yearly fee??? Has the law been passed?? And if so how much??

azgfboatgirl
05-27-2008, 09:58 AM
THANKS A MILLION FOR YOUR HELP TODAY!!! Did a search on the website you referred to, and came out clear.
The new owner should of called, right after our conversation. Once again, Thanks!!
Thanks,
Juan
He did call me right after! :D

azgfboatgirl
05-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Libby knows her shit she is the bomb and I still owe her lunch
Lunch! :cool: There's this great little deli about 20 miles from here. :D

azgfboatgirl
05-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Oh yeah that was ur name Libby....You were great...Sorry about the two week thing...I guess ur overwhelmed now...
That's okay! Usually 2 weeks would be possible, in October-December.
Since we moved locations I now have the privilege of answering 3 phone lines instead of 2. It's amazing how much time that takes away from actually processing paperwork. Gee Wiz! :)