PDA

View Full Version : Holley 750 Fuel Leak

zazoos2
05-21-2008, 06:22 AM
Hey Gang,
I was installing a new Holley 750 last night and was using a Mr Gasket Chrome Fuel connector. (the thing to connect fuel to both the carb bowls)
The connector leaked/spewed fuel around the fitting. I tightened the thing as much as I could. I removed and re-attached to make sure the threads were not crossed and to make sure the flare was aligning, but it just doesn't seem to tighten enough to push the flare in securely.
Any suggestion.
Trent

Wet Dream
05-21-2008, 08:59 AM
I made the mistake of overtightening the fitting where it threads into the bowl. The result was a hairline crack and pouring fuel. I didn't have a spare handy and JB Weld worked magic.

Konabrent
05-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Use teflon tape on the threads of the pipe, it enables you to tighten it properly!

Wet Dream
05-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Use teflon tape on the threads of the pipe, it enables you to tighten it properly!
Gas destroys Teflon tape. Then it gets into the bowls and eventually gums up passages.

zazoos2
05-21-2008, 10:18 AM
I did use teflon tape at first, but now I won't use it.
After further inspection, the fitting on the carb that accepts the connector was not threaded deep enough. No matter how tight I get the connector and fitting the tube still moves around. The local parts store is getting me another one.
Thanks for the help.
Trent

VAMI
05-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Throw that shet in the trash and get the good AN in braided or pushloc,that chrome line will haunt you forever.

SummitKarl
05-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Hey Gang,
I was installing a new Holley 750 last night and was using a Mr Gasket Chrome Fuel connector. (the thing to connect fuel to both the carb bowls)
The connector leaked/spewed fuel around the fitting. I tightened the thing as much as I could. I removed and re-attached to make sure the threads were not crossed and to make sure the flare was aligning, but it just doesn't seem to tighten enough to push the flare in securely.
Any suggestion.
Trent
yea....:idea: :D
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/carbs_acc/images/main_image.jpg

Konabrent
05-21-2008, 07:04 PM
How in the world did you get teflon tape inside the carb?