PDA

View Full Version : TRG Custom Fiberglass kicks ass!

cyclone
03-08-2006, 08:50 AM
i brought my boat to todd last month because one of my fuel tank mounts had leaked, allowing water into the floor on one side of my boat. He removed the birch wood from the passenger side sponson and replaced it beautifully. He then tackled a project we had abandoned last year due to a lack of time- finishing the inside of the boat. As you can see from the pics, i'm stoked! the gel coat and flo coated floor looks amazing and was worth every penny. Who needs carpet when the man can make the inside of your boat look like the outside!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_2378.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_2380.JPG
Since to boat was torn all the way down to the bare hull, i took the opportunity to re-rig some a few things like the switches and wiring. The switches used to reside between the seats, which was hard to see so i moved them up below the dashboard. The wiring harness used to run down the pass. side stringer so i made a new one that runs down the inside of the gunnel now.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_2384.JPG
I also fabbed a new seat frame that places the forward/reverse shifter in front of the place diverter handle, between the seats, instead of on the gunnel like it used to be. Now its more like driving a car.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_2385.JPG
I shortened the travel of the shifter by lengthening the swing arm (thanks for the help with that Brad!) so that the the shifter only has 2 clicks worth of travel between full reverse and full forward so that it doesn't get in the way of the place diverter handle. That hole in the gunnel where the shifter used to sit will now be where my kill switch mounts.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_2387.JPG
oh yeah if anyone needs a rail kit, this one is coming out of the boat.

bigriverdog
03-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Another satisfied customer. Nice job Todd. Looks pretty bitchin Mike.

Squirtin Thunder
03-08-2006, 09:16 AM
Todd, Good job !!!
Hows Mike (Roostwear) boat coming ???
I have not heard anything on it, just cuorious.
Was it real bad ???

Taylorman
03-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Nice. Your wiring harness down the stringer is one this i did not care for on your boat, nice job running it out of sight. Looks great. FYI, pic one, slotted or phillips screws on the seat mount. jj Looks great.

Schiada Time
03-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Bad Ass Mikey. Now you just need to get power back in that thing. Hopefully some day I'll see some 17-inch billets on low pro's and stainless dropped fenders on that trailer of yours. Would really complete the look out of the water.
trav

cyclone
03-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Nice. Your wiring harness down the stringer is one this i did not care for on your boat, nice job running it out of sight. Looks great. FYI, pic one, slotted or phillips screws on the seat mount. jj Looks great.
ya after i wired it down the stringer i immediately decided it would have to go. i had to wait until the holes in the stringers for the adel clamps were filled though.
all the hardware is in mockup stage now. it'll get the right nuts and bolts when its back from powdercoat.

Heatseeker
03-08-2006, 09:52 AM
Mike the boat looks awesome, not that it didn't before. The color scheme on the inside is a nice touch. Very nice work TRG!
You goin' racin' this season Mike?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Mike check your pms!!!!!!!!

Jr Jetter
03-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Awesome job Todd !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rest is looking great too Mike.... can you say 'ssswwweeeeeeeeeeettttt' !!!!

cyclone
03-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Bad Ass Mikey. Now you just need to get power back in that thing. Hopefully some day I'll see some 17-inch billets on low pro's and stainless dropped fenders on that trailer of yours. Would really complete the look out of the water.
trav
Wouldn't that look cool. maybe after i hit the lottery! :)

cyclone
03-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Mike the boat looks awesome, not that it didn't before. The color scheme on the inside is a nice touch. Very nice work TRG!
You goin' racin' this season Mike?
thanks. definately going racing this year. Hopefully come may the boat will be ready.

Cs19
03-08-2006, 08:30 PM
dmonsta just stepped on his dick.
no carpet in that one
looks nice mike.

MikeF
03-08-2006, 08:33 PM
Nice Todd!
I know my lamination won't need to look at pretty as that. :boxed: All in due time.

Cs19
03-08-2006, 08:34 PM
damn, you must have a good memory...

cyclone
03-08-2006, 09:02 PM
i made a different one tonight with an l.e.d. for the launch controller.
but yes i have a decent memory.

Cs19
03-08-2006, 09:36 PM
i had to get the push pulls with the labels on them..fuel,ign.bilge,etc.

cyclone
03-08-2006, 09:41 PM
i was thinking i need those too. dont think they make one that says "rocket launcher" though.

moneysucker
03-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Very nice mike. Todd, I have both colors you ordered in stock, just need measurements for sizing. I will be in town cutting stickers this weekend.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-08-2006, 10:00 PM
dmonsta just stepped on his dick.
no carpet in that one
looks nice mike.
Lol, yes he did chris:D

RCB19
03-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Looks sweet Mike! Nice Job Todd!

Bottle Fed
03-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Everthing I see Todd touch comes out looking great. Another awesome job Todd and Mike. Will we see you guys at bakersfield next weekend whether you are racing or not?

revndave
03-09-2006, 07:08 AM
Looks good.

cyclone
03-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Lol, yes he did chris:D
I don't get it. :confused:

cyclone
03-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Looks good.
Thanks dave. how did the switchover to the Hat work out for ya?

Squirtin Thunder
03-10-2006, 11:41 AM
How would someone get a hold of Mr. Todd Griggs ???

78Southwind
03-10-2006, 01:18 PM
Take a look at his profile the answer maybe there. :rolleyes:

screamdreambrad
03-10-2006, 06:14 PM
looks great mike! thanks for the nod on the shifter! sack does good work with the paint huh. :)

Squirtin Thunder
03-10-2006, 08:24 PM
This is all I could find on TRG.displayname:
toddnjuzz
loginname:
toddnjuzz
forename:
78' rogers bubble deck
surname:
(626)991-9031
Interests:
boating
gelcoat/fiberglass/restoration
Your Boat:
1978 18 rogers bonneville

cyclone
03-10-2006, 08:25 PM
his number is right there bud.

Squirtin Thunder
03-10-2006, 08:35 PM
his number is right there bud.
Damn I would have never seen it.
I heard he is a short guy that plays with gell.

TRG
03-10-2006, 08:42 PM
what?...dou you really expect me to run around with bedhead???

bp
03-10-2006, 09:00 PM
why? something wrong with it?

cyclone
03-10-2006, 09:16 PM
not at all. its just that one modification led to another and the next thing i knew, this rail kit wasn't going to work out. so i'm building a new one.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Yup, I am buying it:D :D

jet4fun
03-12-2006, 10:04 AM
WOW mike, looks badass

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-12-2006, 10:42 AM
Mike, where's my pics sucka:D If you get a chance pm them to me;);)

MarKist
03-13-2006, 03:49 PM
i brought my boat to todd last month because one of my fuel tank mounts had leaked, allowing water into the floor on one side of my boat. He removed the birch wood from the passenger side sponson and replaced it beautifully. He then tackled a project we had abandoned last year due to a lack of time- finishing the inside of the boat. As you can see from the pics, i'm stoked! the gel coat and flo coated floor looks amazing and was worth every penny. Who needs carpet when the man can make the inside of your boat look like the outside!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_2378.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_2380.JPG
Since to boat was torn all the way down to the bare hull, i took the opportunity to re-rig some a few things like the switches and wiring. The switches used to reside between the seats, which was hard to see so i moved them up below the dashboard. The wiring harness used to run down the pass. side stringer so i made a new one that runs down the inside of the gunnel now.
I also fabbed a new seat frame that places the forward/reverse shifter in front of the place diverter handle, between the seats, instead of on the gunnel like it used to be. Now its more like driving a car.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_2385.JPG
I shortened the travel of the shifter by lengthening the swing arm (thanks for the help with that Brad!) so that the the shifter only has 2 clicks worth of travel between full reverse and full forward so that it doesn't get in the way of the place diverter handle. That hole in the gunnel where the shifter used to sit will now be where my kill switch mounts.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_2387.JPG
good job Todd ,but please, try not to call me so late at nite wanting advise on this and that ,just sit down and write it all down so you can ask them all at one time ...you know I'm three time zones away,that way I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET SOME SLEEP!!the phone ringing every 15 min. ain't working,oh yeah ,I didn't recieve my royalty check yet WTF :D :D :D later
Markist

TRG
03-13-2006, 07:03 PM
You are classic!
P.S. the check is in the mail!...and ive got a laundry list of questions as well!
Todd
AKA. your understudy! :p

roostwear
03-13-2006, 07:27 PM
I'm sure you'll be just as good and quick on the Circus boat.

TRG
03-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Did the adj. come out today???

cyclone
03-13-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm sure you'll be just as good and quick on the Circus boat.
quick? that shit took a month. oh wait, he did have a broken collar bone didnt he? ah well my bad. lol
todd "watch me hit this triple" griggs comes through again. Thanks!!! :)

victorfb
03-13-2006, 09:30 PM
collar bone shmaller bone, he can still work with his arms behind his back.
were talkin the great resin sniffer here, cmon, he can kick spidy's ars.
damn todd, sorry to hear about your collar bone. but you did do an awsome job on mikes (cyclone) boat. looks great.

TRG
03-13-2006, 10:12 PM
Mike(wrong way Finnegan),...all im gonna say is....wait til you see your scoop ! :crossx:
Vic, thanks it was a little tough for a min, but juzzy got me back in shape in a jiffie (ancient phillipino secrets, you dont wanna know!). You know i would like a little sympathy too finnegan, i had three broken ribs as well.
I fired my doctor and im not ascared to fire you,...I think i need to see you in my office please, cuz you are farkin fired!

shaun
03-13-2006, 10:41 PM
did i miss the story? todd how'd you break your collarbone and ribs?

roostwear
03-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Did the adj. come out today???
No. They're supposed to call Tom in a day or so. Soon as insurance steps up, I can have the hull ready to flip in 2 days, then it's up to you to knock it out. Depending on how long it takes you, it's still possible to have a boat for FC5, but there's a lotta maybe's right now.

roostwear
03-13-2006, 10:44 PM
You know, now would be the perfect time to blueprint the bottom.....:D

victorfb
03-13-2006, 10:51 PM
well as story has it, todd was doing his thing on mikes boat and mike was pissed off it was taking so long, so they started throwing down. todd jumped out of the boat to kick mikes butt and got caught on the air hose and fell. broke the ribs. but that didnt stop him as he went after mike and mike stepped forward to swing at him and todd did the bob and weave. mike hit todds shoulder which spum him around and made him fall into the pile of motor parts sitting next to the boat. he hit his shoulder on a new merlin block that was getting prepped and made todd break the collar bone. nasty bruise too.
ok, maybe thats not entirely true, but i did here he got hurt.

TRG
03-13-2006, 10:53 PM
Uh!....yeah! went down on my dirt bike a few weeks back, sent me packin into the dirt,...very hard dirt!
...it prettymuch sucked....BAD!

TRG
03-13-2006, 10:56 PM
well as story has it, todd was doing his thing on mikes boat and mike was pissed off it was taking so long, so they started throwing down. todd jumped out of the boat to kick mikes butt and got caught on the air hose and fell. broke the ribs. but that didnt stop him as he went after mike and mike stepped forward to swing at him and todd did the bob and weave. mike hit todds shoulder which spum him around and made him fall into the pile of motor parts sitting next to the boat. he hit his shoulder on a new merlin block that was getting prepped and made todd break the collar bone. nasty bruise too.
ok, maybe thats not entirely true, but i did here he got hurt.
Yup my post was all Bullsheit, were goin' with vics! (thats the funniest shiet ive heard in a long while!)
Todd

victorfb
03-13-2006, 11:03 PM
yea well, what many dont know is.... todd got one mean ass left hook in as he was on his way down and mike has one freaky lookin black eye. rumor has it he will have to wear corrective lenses for 6 months to correct his vission so he can race. if the lenses dont work mike will have to race in the left lane only. and we all know the left lane sucks when the wind is coming from the west.