PDA

View Full Version : What pump is this???

WetSpot
05-27-2008, 09:31 PM
I've had this boat for a year now and just put it in the water for the first time tonight. Everything went as planned. No problems with anything. I bought the boat with a blown motor, so last year I was just happy that the new motor was up and running and I was having fun. During the off season I've noticed pics of guys throwing huge roosters and I want to know how you do it. I will try to post a pic of the pump so you can tell me what Berkley pump it is and how I can go about mod it to get the rooster I want. :D

HammerDown
05-28-2008, 04:34 AM
Looks like a Berk with a C pump.

Wicked Performance Boats
05-28-2008, 07:29 AM
Looks like a Berkeley C with a jetovator. Jetovators generally don't have enough up and down range to make big roostertails. Convert it to a Place Diverter and you can really modify it to blow a high rooster!!! Pat:jawdrop:

WetSpot
05-28-2008, 07:37 AM
How much and which one do you recomend?

73sleekraft
05-28-2008, 08:21 AM
Try adding a wedge. My place diverter alone wasn't getting it done on my Jacuzzi WJ pump. I added a 6* wedge, and WOW:D what a differance!! Talk to TOM @ jetboatperformance.com. He's a great guy, and is sure to set you up right.

hack job
05-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Try adding a wedge. My place diverter alone wasn't getting it done on my Jacuzzi WJ pump. I added a 6* wedge, and WOW:D what a differance!! Talk to TOM @ jetboatperformance.com. He's a great guy, and is sure to set you up right.
he cant add wedge he dose not have a split bowl . do a search on moding the jetovator i think some people have done that before.

WetSpot
05-28-2008, 09:37 AM
I think it's a Place Diverter. Here are some pics of what I got. The pics are with it set all the way up...... Not Good!!!!:(

WetSpot
05-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Inner nozzle ring? Do I have one of those? I don't see anything lookig in the nozzle....:confused: And where do I do the grinding, on the top of the nozzle....then tighten the cable? Would I need a shorter cable?

HammerDown
05-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Inner nozzle ring? Do I have one of those? I don't see anything lookig in the nozzle....:confused: And where do I do the grinding, on the top of the nozzle....then tighten the cable? Would I need a shorter cable?
Yes you have one large white plastic nozzle O-ring. Personally I wouldn't grind to much because if the o-ring gets exposed it can blow out.
I sent a PM...neighbor.

WetSpot
05-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Does anyone have pics as to what and where I would be grinding?