PDA

View Full Version : 1974 SleekCraft SC Rebel???

WetSpot
05-28-2008, 07:58 AM
It's a 1974 SleekCraft SC Rebel. This is my second year with this boat. Bought it with a blown motor from a friend. I had the short block done and I did the rest. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this model of boat. I know it's heavy. But if I were to put a blown 540" in it would it be practical? Will the hull handle 100 plus mph. Maybe I'm just dreaming but I want to go fast now!!!! Any info you would have would be great!!!

73sleekraft
05-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Nice boat!! Did you stick with the olds?

WetSpot
05-28-2008, 09:39 AM
No. It came with a blown up stock 454. I put in a mod 454. Runs real good.

Squirtin Thunder
05-28-2008, 12:49 PM
It's a 1974 SleekCraft SC Rebel. This is my second year with this boat. Bought it with a blown motor from a friend. I had the short block done and I did the rest. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this model of boat. I know it's heavy. But if I were to put a blown 540" in it would it be practical? Will the hull handle 100 plus mph. Maybe I'm just dreaming but I want to go fast now!!!! Any info you would have would be great!!!
How fast is the boat now on GPS ?? You would be surprised if you had a 75 mph boat, how fast it really is. 100 mph on water, unless racing on a closed course, is nuts. I am the current Comp Jet and Nostalgia Jet Circle racing points leader. My boat runs 78 mph. I run against boats that run almost 90 mph. If you feel like talking give me a call.