PDA

View Full Version : Big River - Earp

BAS
05-30-2008, 08:38 AM
Anyone have any info. on the lease land around Big River (Earp, CA)? Tons of stuff is for sale? When does the lease expire?
Also interested in lots down river...
thanks,
BAS

Boatcop
05-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Anyone have any info. on the lease land around Big River (Earp, CA)? Tons of stuff is for sale? When does the lease expire?
Also interested in lots down river...
thanks,
BAS
Run away from anything to do with the Colorado River Indian Tribes. They've already said they aren't going to renew any Big River Leases.
Read all about it. http://www.crr4justice.com/
If it isn't deeded, non-Indian land, don't waste your time and money

TCHB
06-03-2008, 08:31 PM
We had a Mobile Home on the California side of the Parker Strip river front for many years. It was on BLM land and ther rent kept going up up up. We also have friends on the Indian side and the same thing happens with rents and lease fees. We are in Havasu now and do not miss the BS with BLM.

TOBTEK
06-04-2008, 09:26 PM
My brother and I had a water front lot at Big River. Was a KILLER piece of property, with our own launch ramp and white sand beach......BUT the land lease scared me out of building a nice home on it! I believe the lease expires SOON. in the next 20 years or so?? After that, they CAN come take your property. This happend to a family friend up in Havasu on the Ca side. He was a life long owner / resident. Lease expired, and they came knocking. Here's the bonus..... IF ANYTHING happends to the property, like a fire:idea: the tribe WILL get the cash... not you. They set that deal up perfect for themselves. I personally wouldn't invest any money on un-deeded land!

stix818
06-05-2008, 08:33 AM
When I was in the process of relocating to Blythe I was looking for houses and found one in there. Two things, one like mentioned above, it only had 20 years left on the lease and two, when finding financing a bank will require a 15 year note. Also, I've heard the same rumors through SCE contacts. We deal with all the parks on the Cali side from Blythe all the way to Havasu and I've heard the same rumors for Big River!!

Boatcop
06-05-2008, 07:18 PM
My brother and I had a water front lot at Big River. Was a KILLER piece of property, with our own launch ramp and white sand beach......BUT the land lease scared me out of building a nice home on it! I believe the lease expires SOON. in the next 20 years or so?? After that, they CAN come take your property. This happend to a family friend up in Havasu on the Ca side. He was a life long owner / resident. Lease expired, and they came knocking. Here's the bonus..... IF ANYTHING happends to the property, like a fire:idea: the tribe WILL get the cash... not you. They set that deal up perfect for themselves. I personally wouldn't invest any money on un-deeded land!
If you build anything permanent on leased land, the building (or any other fixed improvements) becomes property of the land OWNER. Whether Indian, BLM or otherwise.
That's why most homes on leased land are manufactured homes.
Even the DMV here in Parker (on land leased from CRIT) is a pre-fab that can be removed if necessary.
So, yes. If you build a site-built home on leased land. Pay for it. Pay the for the lease, Pay for insurance on it. And it burns. The Land Owner gets the Insurance payment, since legally THEY own the home. And if you financed it, YOU are responsible to pay off the mortgage.
One last note on CRIT leases. They can cancel it at any time, or change the terms or provisions and you have NO recourse. If you try to sue, they will claim sovereignity, and you're screwed.

stix818
06-06-2008, 06:48 AM
Boatcop, that's exactly what I would do!! I was looking into a house at Big River, can't remember the guys name but he use to race TAH back in the day. Anyways, if I was going to buy a house like that one and the Indians attempted to take it away from me, their would be a mysterious fire!!