PDA

View Full Version : Tripple Digits on Pump Gas

TrippleDigits
05-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi My name is Rich and I have been working on my project Tripple digits boat for over 3 years now. I wanted to take a ordinary 22 foot V bottom with a pump Gas small block with a Alpha 1 Gen 1 and do a 100 mph. You can read more about this @ rlcpe.com under projects page then click on Project Tripple Digits. Its been alot of fun

FOXMAN
05-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Good luck with that... And maybe a prayer.... No PIXIE DUST!!! That'll do'er..
I've got a 23.5 Mach 1 running 420 hp. through an Alpha 1.. I go 65 mph on a good day low on fuel with good luck and the... well you get the idea. With the hp. i've got i have to roll on the throttle very easy out of the hole or the lower unit is toast. The only Triple digits i will ever see is at THE GAS PUMP :jawdrop:

TrippleDigits
05-31-2008, 10:05 AM
Good luck with that... And maybe a prayer.... No PIXIE DUST!!! That'll do'er..
I've got a 23.5 Mach 1 running 420 hp. through an Alpha 1.. I go 65 mph on a good day low on fuel with good luck and the... well you get the idea. With the hp. i've got i have to roll on the throttle very easy out of the hole or the lower unit is toast. The only Triple digits i will ever see is at THE GAS PUMP :jawdrop: Its allready been done, Im well known in my aera were I live and there is video of the boat running. I went 70 mph with aprox 340 hp.

tonedog
05-31-2008, 12:03 PM
That's an awesome project.....looks like it was alot of work! And I always love a good sleeper....;)

TrippleDigits
05-31-2008, 06:08 PM
That's an awesome project.....looks like it was alot of work! And I always love a good sleeper....;)
Yes its 3 years in the making with alot of help from people like Hydra Motive, Fullers Marine, Mercury Racing. We went last weekend and beat up on all the stock powered Donzi, Huslter, Outer limits. There eyes just get real big when I pull the trigger at 85 mph and and litterly pull away like there stopped. These guys have 280 to 780 K boats that were ment for the off shore but they have no sack and they love to play in the intercoastal water way, So I beat up on them and make them look stupid special with a 22 foot boat with a Alpha and a pump gas carburated small block chevy. Im not done yet with speed I have been talking to Jim Russell from Aero Marine Reasearch and we have been talking and e-mailing and he feels there is another 5 + mph left in my boat and thats just some Aero dynamic work there is atelast another 2 to 3 left in the bottom. I feel there is 10 mph left to be had with everything I know and been testing for. I have just been sneaking up on it. One person online said I was like Burt Monroe the worlds fastest Indian. I only hope I could be half as good as he was and have half his drive for the quest for speed. Im not giving up just money and time.

FOXMAN
05-31-2008, 06:26 PM
Mel Riggs put my motor and lower unit together (with Mercury Racing gears) and said thats all an Alpha will take.
So how much horsepower are you running to go 100 mph?

deltaAce
05-31-2008, 11:24 PM
Welcome to ***boat forums Rich,
I just went to your site & read the well written report on your project.
Congratulations on all your efforts & success with the TrippleDigits project.

TrippleDigits
06-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Mel Riggs put my motor and lower unit together (with Mercury Racing gears) and said thats all an Alpha will take.
So how much horsepower are you running to go 100 mph? Im running 640hp with 610 ft lbs of torque. I have done so much R+D on the Alpha and we found some defects and straighten them out, made up so new peices to handle the HP and torque. I run this deal super hard jump the boat with no problems. My new Alpha 1 should handle 700 + hp its almost done and ready to be tested. This drive is not for anything over 24 foot and is not for anything heaver then 4000 lbs. In the past 3 years I have tortured test Alphas more then mercury every did, this comeing from some one who wants to be anoumous at mercury. I have twisted the houseing to see how much they flex. I have put huged Hp and torque behind them to exsplode them and see what failed then worked on what failed and made it better. In 3 years I probly destroyed and cut up over 200 + alpha's upper and foots. I pretty much have it down to a science now. I have installed one of my drives on a friends Scott Shafiroff powerd 434 small block in a 21 challenger. He picked up over 10 mph and is running 93+ mph. I installed one of my drives on my brothers 21 team shadow, he removed his shorten Imco bravo unit and installed one of my shorten Alpha deals and picked up 13 mph and is running 97 mph with a RLC Performance Engineering 406 small block chevy on pump gas

TrippleDigits
06-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Welcome to ***boat forums Rich,
I just went to your site & read the well written report on your project.
Congratulations on all your efforts & success with the TrippleDigits project.
Thank you

4DAY4PLAY
06-01-2008, 05:52 PM
who really cares about going 100mph......99% 0f us have families, and could care less of going 100mph, plus with gas prices at the river being $5.00 a gallon, people really dont care when it costs them $100.00, to go from the bridge to havasu springs at 80 mph.

tunnel eliminator
06-01-2008, 06:19 PM
going 100 miles per hour is what its all about with a small block and alpha out drive yeah the family has nothing to do with that. this guy is dumb i think your project is cool as hell

deltaAce
06-01-2008, 06:37 PM
who really cares about going 100mph......99% 0f us have families, and could care less of going 100mph, plus with gas prices at the river being $5.00 a gallon, people really dont care when it costs them $100.00, to go from the bridge to havasu springs at 80 mph.
Obviously your not a performance boater, you probably don't like hotrods either!
I'm pretty certain theres more than 1% here that like well engineered fast stuff.

TrippleDigits
06-01-2008, 07:36 PM
This is one of the reason I built this deal, I trailer my boat to the gas station and at the time I was only paying $2.25 Gallon for super now im paying $3.67 for super. I only hold 38 Gallons wich last me all day and I still have some left over. I usal only burn 20 gallons the whole day of racing around, my motor is very good on gas. I fish off this boat, I water ski off this boat. Its a cool deal. I did it to show people that you dont need big $$$$$ to go fast and have fun. I also did it because I was tired of hearing how it cant be done with a Alpha 1

TrippleDigits
06-01-2008, 07:46 PM
going 100 miles per hour is what its all about with a small block and alpha out drive yeah the family has nothing to do with that. this guy is dumb i think your project is cool as hellThank you, its been alot of fun and alot of people love the boat special when I take them for a ride, they cant belive how fast it goes and what a nice ride it is. The best is when I beat thease big 38 to 42 foot killer Vs and the pull up to me and I show them the engine and the drive there eyes get as big as Silver dollars and the start to stutter and shake there head. I have Imco exshaust manifolds on it not even headers yet. Headers will be soon when I get the boat more dialed in and more balanced out. With adding headers it will lighten up the transom and give me more prop HP and torque, wich changes the set up again, then I will have to start all over again to balance it out again.

Wet Dream
06-01-2008, 08:12 PM
You are completely laughable.
http://www.performanceboats.com/html/forums/images/smilies/gayfight2.gif

Pepperkornski
06-01-2008, 08:39 PM
I was really enjoying this thread, then you chimed in with your childish remark. I just don't know about some people.:(

tunnel eliminator
06-01-2008, 09:11 PM
i may have to keep in contact with you my 22 ft tunnel hull eliminator has a newly supercharged 350 with a alpha one drive i havnt even got her wet with the new engine yet its turning about 500 horse power i wanted to swap a big block and imco drive i have a supercharged big block turning way more power than the small block but the $$$$ changed my mind. i figured it would be cooler beating the pants off people with a small block anyway... now i just got to figure out all the stuff you did with about half the knowlege of how it all works.

bajarunner
06-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Cool project trippledigits. I checked out your site, good read and sounds like a lot of fun. Good old fashion ingenuity and development, I like it. :D

HalletDave
06-02-2008, 05:41 AM
Very impressive & more power to you TrippleDigits.
Be safe.:)

TrippleDigits
06-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Very impressive & more power to you TrippleDigits.
Be safe.:) Thank you. Funny you say spin out. End of last year I was testing a new 3 blade prop from a prop manufacture that I will not name. they told me how great it was going to be. At 82 mph I flat spun my boat did a complete 360, my friend and I almost got killed. I new it was going to be bad when the boat would not get up on plane properly. Need less to say I got rid of that prop.

TrippleDigits
06-02-2008, 08:59 AM
i may have to keep in contact with you my 22 ft tunnel hull eliminator has a newly supercharged 350 with a alpha one drive i havnt even got her wet with the new engine yet its turning about 500 horse power i wanted to swap a big block and imco drive i have a supercharged big block turning way more power than the small block but the $$$$ changed my mind. i figured it would be cooler beating the pants off people with a small block anyway... now i just got to figure out all the stuff you did with about half the knowlege of how it all works. From all my exsperiance in testing you want to stay light, stay with the Alpha and stay with a small block. In the long run you will be faster and have spent less money

HocusPocus
06-02-2008, 09:34 AM
anyone with the money can buy huge boats and the highest dollar motor and drives to go fast.
i think its great that this guy is taking stuff others would throw away and doing what many thought couldn't be done.

tunnel eliminator
06-02-2008, 05:20 PM
yeah i plan on lightening it up a bit with some tube headers and other stuff and installing external steering i have been very impressed with the boat it ran 73 on gps with fairly stock engine. with the hull desighn i am hoping that with some money and lots of trial and error i can turn the speed that you are i think its possible.

TrippleDigits
06-02-2008, 07:46 PM
yeah i plan on lightening it up a bit with some tube headers and other stuff and installing external steering i have been very impressed with the boat it ran 73 on gps with fairly stock engine. with the hull desighn i am hoping that with some money and lots of trial and error i can turn the speed that you are i think its possible. You definitely need exsternal steering if you want to go any faster. I did testing on this and what a differnce in speed and handling when I went to the exsternal rams.

tunnel eliminator
06-02-2008, 07:50 PM
the only thing that sucks about the external steering is the price. its one thing i dont want to spend money on but it will be a good investment i guess

TrippleDigits
06-02-2008, 07:56 PM
the only thing that sucks about the external steering is the price. its one thing i dont want to spend money on but it will be a good investment i guess
How can you put a price on your saftey or others that go with you for a ride. If I showed you how scary the stock steering is at 70 mph you would be very scared. My whole set up was like $4,300 but thats top of the line everything. I bleive you can get away with around 2,200 with a single ram. BUT the only problem with the single ram is you wear out the opposite side gimble pin for the helmut. Not rite away but at the end of the season you will see how bad its worn on the one side.

FOXMAN
06-02-2008, 08:17 PM
You definitely need exsternal steering if you want to go any faster. I did testing on this and what a differnce in speed and handling when I went to the exsternal rams.
I'm not the best at spelling.. But..
You need to look into SPELL CHECK!!!

TrippleDigits
06-02-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm not the best at spelling.. But..
You need to look into SPELL CHECK!!!
LOL your not the first to tell me that.

FOXMAN
06-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Sorry about that outburst....
What i would like to know is what gear ratio you are running in your Alpha to get that speed with a 22 pitch prop??

TrippleDigits
06-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Sorry about that outburst....
What i would like to know is what gear ratio you are running in your Alpha to get that speed with a 22 pitch prop?? Wich speed are you talking about? I tested with actly with 4 different gear ratios. 1:32 1:38 1:47 1:50

FOXMAN
06-02-2008, 08:39 PM
The 100 mph..
I,m not running stock ratio..( I'd have to call Mel and ask what i have) i'm swinging a 21 mirage, and i know my boat is similar to to yours and i just have some trouble beliving 100 mph.

TrippleDigits
06-02-2008, 09:07 PM
The 100 mph..
I,m not running stock ratio..( I'd have to call Mel and ask what i have) i'm swinging a 21 mirage, and i know my boat is similar to to yours and i just have some trouble beliving 100 mph. I have been faster then 100 mph. With the 1:38 gear set I spun the 22 pitch to 7150 rpms and hit 100 mph. I did over 10 k in prop testing over 3 years time and your not going to go fast with that mirage prop its a waist of time. I dont care if K Keifer came back from the dead and told you it was a good prop. You defenitly dont have a simlar boat to mine not even close. Im saying this because I know what it took for me to get it going this fast. Going a 100 mph is the easy part getting it to handle and ride correclty and safely is a whole different game. The guys I beat up on day in and day out they belive how fast I go. There is more to the boat deal then just putting big hp into a boat and slapping a prop on. There is stuff that boat desiging engineers still have a tough time understanding. I dont have enough time or space to even begin to exsplain on cause and effect to a boat and what and how things work or how there are done. It took me 3 years of every day working on this deal and alot of help from different people to get it were im at today. Like now my set up is total different then even 2 years ago, now im running 26 and 28 pitch props and Im spinng those over 6300 rpms. Its a big balancing act.

lurid
06-02-2008, 09:48 PM
I think this is cool as hell. I read the whole thing. Coming up with a plan and doing all the R&D just to prove it can be done. guys like you make a better mouse trap. some people may ask why and you say why not? if it can be done and done safely, why not?

Fishbone
06-03-2008, 09:23 AM
This guy has been laughed off other boating sites. He's blowing smoke you know where. It all sounds good but not true. Other sites won't give him the time of day and refuse to respond to bull. Do a search and find out who's BS.

deltaAce
06-03-2008, 04:55 PM
I looked, it looks like a bunch of nay-sayers ganging up on him & giving him the business!
Heres his boat, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwRDghEC_Xk)
Triple Digits (http://www.rlcpe.com/images/projects/tripple_digits/project_trippledigits.html)

FOXMAN
06-03-2008, 05:23 PM
I have been faster then 100 mph. With the 1:38 gear set I spun the 22 pitch to 7150 rpms and hit 100 mph. I did over 10 k in prop testing over 3 years time and your not going to go fast with that mirage prop its a waist of time. I dont care if K Keifer came back from the dead and told you it was a good prop. You defenitly dont have a simlar boat to mine not even close. Im saying this because I know what it took for me to get it going this fast. Going a 100 mph is the easy part getting it to handle and ride correclty and safely is a whole different game. The guys I beat up on day in and day out they belive how fast I go. There is more to the boat deal then just putting big hp into a boat and slapping a prop on. There is stuff that boat desiging engineers still have a tough time understanding. I dont have enough time or space to even begin to exsplain on cause and effect to a boat and what and how things work or how there are done. It took me 3 years of every day working on this deal and alot of help from different people to get it were im at today. Like now my set up is total different then even 2 years ago, now im running 26 and 28 pitch props and Im spinng those over 6300 rpms. Its a big balancing act.
You're only somewhat right on the fact that we don't have "simlar" (sic) boats... What i was getting at is i also have a cuddy cabin with a small block chevy.. Mine IS a foot and a half longer and i would rather row my Mach 1 than drive a Stingray :D

FOXMAN
06-03-2008, 05:41 PM
I have been faster then 100 mph. With the 1:38 gear set I spun the 22 pitch to 7150 rpms and hit 100 mph. I did over 10 k in prop testing over 3 years time and your not going to go fast with that mirage prop its a waist of time. I dont care if K Keifer came back from the dead and told you it was a good prop. You defenitly dont have a simlar boat to mine not even close. Im saying this because I know what it took for me to get it going this fast. Going a 100 mph is the easy part getting it to handle and ride correclty and safely is a whole different game. The guys I beat up on day in and day out they belive how fast I go. There is more to the boat deal then just putting big hp into a boat and slapping a prop on. There is stuff that boat desiging engineers still have a tough time understanding. I dont have enough time or space to even begin to exsplain on cause and effect to a boat and what and how things work or how there are done. It took me 3 years of every day working on this deal and alot of help from different people to get it were im at today. Like now my set up is total different then even 2 years ago, now im running 26 and 28 pitch props and Im spinng those over 6300 rpms. Its a big balancing act.
AND IT"S "CARL KIEKHAEFER" The founder of Mercury Marine.. The man who helped you go 100mph with his Alpha 1 stern drive!! And RIGHT NOW HE IS PROBABLY ROLLING OVER IN HIS GRAVE!!! NO... I BET HE'S LAUGHING HIS ASS OFF!!! And it's not at me :D

TrippleDigits
06-03-2008, 06:01 PM
This guy has been laughed off other boating sites. He's blowing smoke you know where. It all sounds good but not true. Other sites won't give him the time of day and refuse to respond to bull. Do a search and find out who's BS.
Yes your rite they have and its the same 2 guys who follow me to forum site to forum site to cause trouble. The funny thing is not one person wants to race me not one person wanted to go for a ride, there all pc rambos. Its funny thow every body in my area they dont laugh they cry. Its all good. Its easyer for them to hide behind a pc then it is find out the truth. They realy dont want the truth because it causes alot of problems because the marine industry rams alot of crap down people throats telling things like you have to have a bravo to go fast with a big block blah blah blah. I will say it for the million time every body welcome to come to Ocean Co NJ and race me with there Alpha small blocked power on pump gas boat. Or even stop in to say hi check out the boat. My door is always open. Oh wait nobody will, they will just hide behind the pc and stir the pot

TrippleDigits
06-03-2008, 06:03 PM
This guy has been laughed off other boating sites. He's blowing smoke you know where. It all sounds good but not true. Other sites won't give him the time of day and refuse to respond to bull. Do a search and find out who's BS. Ahh fish bone do I know you? I bet I do. Your another one of my fans keep up the good work. :) Oh look imgaine that fish bone just registered and made his first post isnt that funny.

FOXMAN
06-03-2008, 07:46 PM
I looked him up on speedwake.com.. (Which by the way i'm a registered member.. no posts.. just lurking) They didnt like him much there and gave him the boot..

DeepVee
06-04-2008, 04:54 PM
I like the project and concept but you're out there when you suggest that this is a less costly way to go fast. You'll always need the big $$'s for HP, SB or BB, no matter what drive you run but how much money have you spent on Alpha R&D cutting up (200) Alphas? A better less expensive option would have been to use an available surface drive. There's already a Donzi 18C with a 430SBC & ASD6 surface drive out there that was built years ago without a bank load of money and can safely run over 120-MPH.
The project seems impressive but there are all kinds of other options out there to go fast with good handling that won't break the bank; blowers, shortie Bravo drives and surface drives to name a few.

FOXMAN
06-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Joined 6-7-07 last post booted off 9-25-07...

FOXMAN
06-04-2008, 08:50 PM
You pulled your nitrous post off of the tech forum. Thats what tripped you up on speedwake. Or should i say TRIPPLED DIGITS you up???

TrippleDigits
06-04-2008, 08:51 PM
I like the project and concept but you're out there when you suggest that this is a less costly way to go fast. You'll always need the big $$'s for HP, SB or BB, no matter what drive you run but how much money have you spent on Alpha R&D cutting up (200) Alphas? A better less expensive option would have been to use an available surface drive. There's already a Donzi 18C with a 430SBC & ASD6 surface drive out there that was built years ago without a bank load of money and can safely run over 120-MPH.
The project seems impressive but there are all kinds of other options out there to go fast with good handling that won't break the bank; blowers, shortie Bravo drives and surface drives to name a few. For me to duplacate it is way less money then it would be for a bravo or a surface drive. My drive is 10 mph faster then a bravo. The surface drive is only good for staight line and they love to spin the boat out and do 360's, plus a real prop for a surface drive is huged Money. A brand new surface drive minum is going to cost you 17k a decent bravo is going to cost you 8 to 23k depending on whos and what you get done to it. My Alpha done complete is 4500 bucks good for 650 hp on a 24 foot and less and 4000lbs and less. As far engines goes its the same price now matter what it goes into. You can duplacate my boat for around 37k. I built it to have fun and race all the high dollar boats in the bay because they never play in the ocean were those boats were built for. Dollar for dollar it's still cheaper and faster and more versital. I can water ski off it go fishing. It holds up to 6 people. It goes 90+ with 3 of us in it and were no light weights. The best is I can go all day on a tank of gas. Theres other V bottoms boats out there that smoke me I never said I was the fastest. I just have a real good combo thats a super sleeper.
I know the donzi I was high bider on E-bay before he pulled it off and sold it to his friend.

FOXMAN
06-04-2008, 08:54 PM
I know.. But maybe you dont know, that i know you are logged on...

Propster
06-05-2008, 07:55 AM
Sleepers are cool. I can imagine the look on a guys face with a high dollar off shore racing boat getting smoked by a Stingray.

vnemous
06-05-2008, 08:35 AM
I have observed the progress of TD's boat for the past couple of years now. I have had the pleasure, thrill and sometimes scary moments in this boat I was with him when we flat spun at 80+. Not fun, my shoulder still hurts. This boat is what he says it is and often he may come of as a little bragadocious but that is because he is very proud of what he has accomplished. He also endures the comments of many on different boards who put down the project as a made up lie. He has posted some gps reading only to get that they were taken while the boat was being towed down the parkway behind his truck. I have personnally posted many videos of his boat to still get those that say its not going more than 60. All I can say is if there is someone, well respected, on any of these forums in the area of the Jersey Shore please contact TD and go for a ride. You wont forget it and than post your experience. If interested I have been a member of Scream and Fly for a couple of years and have a number of video's of TD's Boat in the General Discussion section.

DeepVee
06-05-2008, 08:44 AM
... A brand new surface drive minum is going to cost you 17k a decent bravo is going to cost you 8 to 23k depending on whos and what you get done to it. My Alpha done complete is 4500 bucks...
Why compare your set-up to the cost of a new Bravo or Arneson. As far as I can tell your Alpha is not new, just modified and rebuilt. There are plenty of used and rebuilt B-1's and Arneson's out there on the market. Geoo's X-18 was not built with a new ASD6 and there are several other 20' boats currently being built with used Arneson's. IMCO shortie's are also available that won't break the bank. I do agree with you on the Alpha-SS; few available and pricing is high. I just think you could have similar results with a 22' Bravo hull and not have to rely on a heavily modified 1-off Alpha. A healthy pump gas motor in front of a shortie Bravo or raised-X Bravo can get close to your numbers. Yes your Alpha has less parasitic loss and drag through the water and converting an Alpha rigged boat to a Bravo will eat up $$'s but there are plenty of worthy 20' B-1 hulls out there that don't cost big dollars.
You have accomplished a lot and it is impressive, but there are other ways to get there on a similar budget.

vnemous
06-05-2008, 11:09 AM
I believe one of TD's main goals was to get these numbers using an alpha drive because lots of people said the alpha wouldn't stand up to this kinda of horsepower. It can if set up properly. Enough defending TD. Someone go for a ride. Its free.

FOXMAN
06-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Or take a video showing the GPS reading..

vnemous
06-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Did that. Read my post. I see TDs fustration.Someone go for a ride.

FOXMAN
06-05-2008, 04:44 PM
I would love to see the video of his boat doing 100 mph. Please post the link to this..
Your from Jersey too??? Your spelling skills are the bomb compared to tripple digits..

FOXMAN
06-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Checking up on me eh vnemous??? It snows in Jersey doesn't it?? Nothing special there..

vnemous
06-05-2008, 05:02 PM
No reason to check up on you Foxman but you do sound like some guys from other forums. Maybe your IP address will give that away. Computors are wonderful things. Use them everyday. Here is a vid sorry couldnt see the gps from shore. 60 right? http://media.putfile.com/Tripple-Digits-in-Silver-Bay-10-07-207

FOXMAN
06-05-2008, 05:08 PM
No reason to check up on you Foxman but you do sound like some guys from other forums. Maybe your IP address will give that away. Computors are wonderful things. Use them everyday. Here is a vid sorry couldnt see the gps from shore. 60 right? http://media.putfile.com/Tripple-Digits-in-Silver-Bay-10-07-207
I thought while you were on one of your SCARY rides with TD you could have held on to the "chicken bar" with only one hand and take a video???
And i'm registered on speedwake and Donzi... Same name..

vnemous
06-05-2008, 05:13 PM
[QUOTE=FOXMAN;2957835]I thought while you were on one of your SCARY rides with TD you could have held on to the "chicken bar" with only one hand and take a video???
Wow you do like to stir the pot. Guess this is your entertainment. Thought it was a place to socialize with fellow boaters. You do have a boat? Yes?
Nuff said.

FOXMAN
06-05-2008, 05:27 PM
If TD is SUPER MAN, You must be Clark Kent???
And yes.. I own a boat.. You would know that if you didn't just join yesterday..

deltaAce
06-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Great videos of that thing in action.
"Thought it was a place to socialize with fellow boaters".
geez, no kidding!

vnemous
06-06-2008, 03:59 AM
If TD is SUPER MAN, You must be Clark Kent???
And yes.. I own a boat.. You would know that if you didn't just join yesterday..
Sometime in Nov 07 you made your first post. I guess thats how it works you have to make a first post to converse with others. Now why dont you stay off this post if you have nothing constructive to add.
PS Check my spelling, I'm obviously not TD.

minx163
06-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Lets put this in perspective Your Sting Ray:eek: goes in the 90's. With a Alpha 1. :sqeyes: I really don't think people should compare this boat to Mighty Mouse.A super charged big block with 1 to 1 ratio on a 5 blade prop.
Not to Mention:"IT"S AN X18"
To Take A go Slow boat and Achieve Those speeds is impressive:D .
I agree that there are people following this guy around busting his chops:mad:
Most of these people are Just so well educated "Just ask the Mechanic when he's working on their boat" that some how Grammar and spelling is a measure of intelligence .
Maybe Stanley Meyer Didn't have college educations . He still was one of the smartest people the world has ever Known and the greatest inventor of all time.http://www.runmycaronwater.com
MY point is this. Making an Alpha one to with stand the horse power of todays engine is valuable to all of of us who have them.
What people should do ,Is say Thank You for laying all the ground work for us.
So as we don't need to chop up 200 drives to do the same.
On the other hand if it's all smoke and mirrors then it don't mean squat

vnemous
06-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Well said Rich is away on business till tonight so Im sure he will respond but let me add he is always willing to spend time in person or on the phone to help others. I will post another vid of boat running with me holding the chicken bar and rich driving as soon as I can find where I put it.

vnemous
06-06-2008, 08:45 AM
This was taken the day we flat spun the stingray. 82 mph was the best speed that day because of the prop. The prop would just blowout when he tried to get the revs up.
http://media.putfile.com/Tripple-Digits-Vid

FOXMAN
06-06-2008, 03:49 PM
This was taken the day we flat spun the stingray. 82 mph was the best speed that day because of the prop. The prop would just blowout when he tried to get the revs up.
http://media.putfile.com/Tripple-Digits-Vid
Where are all these new posters from the east coast coming from to defend TD honor???
And like the other videos, another one with no GPS...

TrippleDigits
06-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Where are all these new posters from the east coast coming from to defend TD honor???
And like the other videos, another one with no GPS...
Why would they, two weekends ago Vneomus my brother and my self smoked a new 388 Hustler sling shot that had blowers on it. At 80 MPH we pulled away from like he was standing still, Now do you think that guys is going to say HEY I just got beat by this little boat called tripple digits UMMM I think not. Special when they have 280K plus into there boats. None of the big boats have yet to be a man and step up and say Hey yea he beat me. This was one of the problems on speed wake, there was a few I spanked hard and they would never step forward and give me the credit.

TrippleDigits
06-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Why compare your set-up to the cost of a new Bravo or Arneson. As far as I can tell your Alpha is not new, just modified and rebuilt. There are plenty of used and rebuilt B-1's and Arneson's out there on the market. Geoo's X-18 was not built with a new ASD6 and there are several other 20' boats currently being built with used Arneson's. IMCO shortie's are also available that won't break the bank. I do agree with you on the Alpha-SS; few available and pricing is high. I just think you could have similar results with a 22' Bravo hull and not have to rely on a heavily modified 1-off Alpha. A healthy pump gas motor in front of a shortie Bravo or raised-X Bravo can get close to your numbers. Yes your Alpha has less parasitic loss and drag through the water and converting an Alpha rigged boat to a Bravo will eat up $$'s but there are plenty of worthy 20' B-1 hulls out there that don't cost big dollars.
You have accomplished a lot and it is impressive, but there are other ways to get there on a similar budget.
My Alpha is not a one off anymore I can mass produce them now. We did a insane amount of testing and my Alpha set up went on average 8 to 12 mph faster then any bravo imco or B1 set up and there are many reason for this. Tha main one is it takes way less HP to turn it. The second is as you mentioned it has way less drag threw the water. The lower foot I have has hundreds of hours of R+D into it and it has a special shape to it and it realy lowers the percentage of slip. My brother has a Team shadow and he was a die hard bravo guy. He would not part with it no matter what. He had a trick bravo with alot of Imco parts with a 2 inch shorter lower. We almost go into a fist fight and I final had him try one of my Alphas. The first time out he picked up 10 mphs over his bravo. So we thought maybe somthing was wrong with his bravo we checked it nothing wrong, we tried another bravo from a freind of ours, same results 10 mph slower. We have tested this to death, its a proven fact, its faster then a bravo by alot hands down. Its faster, quicker and makes the boat handle better because my whole drive complete weighs 75 lbs depending on how shorten it is.
I started were mercury left off with the ALpha SS. Its just a cool deal for what it is. I have also built a few other drives for people and they all went faster and handle better

TrippleDigits
06-06-2008, 09:31 PM
http://media.putfile.com/Tripple-Digits-Vid That day was realy bad, I could not get it over 82 mph I would just get it to 82 and crack the throttle and blow the prop rite off, I was testing a new 3 blade from a prop company I new when we had a hard time getting it on plan it was not good. We still raced a few people and had fun up until we did a complete 360 at 82 mph. We went from 82 to 0 in like one second. What happen was the prop had way to much transom lift and it jacked the transom of the boat up and stuffed the bow into a trough of a roller and spun the boat out.

TrippleDigits
06-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Lets put this in perspective Your Sting Ray:eek: goes in the 90's. With a Alpha 1. :sqeyes: I really don't think people should compare this boat to Mighty Mouse.A super charged big block with 1 to 1 ratio on a 5 blade prop.
Not to Mention:"IT"S AN X18"
To Take A go Slow boat and Achieve Those speeds is impressive:D .
I agree that there are people following this guy around busting his chops:mad:
Most of these people are Just so well educated "Just ask the Mechanic when he's working on their boat" that some how Grammar and spelling is a measure of intelligence .
Maybe Stanley Meyer Didn't have college educations . He still was one of the smartest people the world has ever Known and the greatest inventor of all time.http://www.runmycaronwater.com
MY point is this. Making an Alpha one to with stand the horse power of todays engine is valuable to all of of us who have them.
What people should do ,Is say Thank You for laying all the ground work for us.
So as we don't need to chop up 200 drives to do the same.
On the other hand if it's all smoke and mirrors then it don't mean squat
I agree Lets compare Apples to Apples. There is nobody as far as Mercury concerned or Hydra Motive and Imco I have the fastest 22 foot V with a pump gas small block with a Alpha 1. Because its so fast I have to race 1500lb out board boats, blown twin big blocks, Cats you name it. Not one person stepped up to the plate with the same deal. Every time some one talks trash yea they have 1100hp per side in like a 32 foot V bottom thats wants to race my poor sting ray.It would be cool for some people to visit im not the only one who has a 90 + pump gas small block with a Alpha 1. There is 3 of us I did the drives for all 3.

beaverretriever
06-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Sounds like a fun project... timely and expensive, but fun.
Or you could just buy my boat. 91 octane, over 105mph on gps, 300 hp and runs rough water like nothing.:D

TrippleDigits
06-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Or you could just buy my boat. 91 octane, over 105mph on gps, 300 hp and runs rough water like nothing.:D
LOL you propbly have a 1200lb 300 merc out board boat

TrippleDigits
06-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Or you could just buy my boat. 91 octane, over 105mph on gps, 300 hp and runs rough water like nothing.:D Yes its been alot of fun and the money is not to to bad. Im still way under what you would think

beaverretriever
06-06-2008, 09:43 PM
LOL you propbly have a 1200lb 300 merc out board boat
21foot Trick Powerboat/ 300Merc (Skater hull)...:D Correctomundo!!!

Fishbone
06-07-2008, 04:53 AM
TD, don't you just luv this guy. Slings this bullsheeeat the deeper into the thread we meerily go. I warned you all in my first reply. Now he wants us to believe he did a 360 doing 82mph in 1 second. Oh, and how his nitwit brother tore off his tricked out Bravo drive and replaced it with an Alpha which produced spectacular speed gains. Yep, TD, you will notice this is my second post on this site. Just had to speak out on his fantasy. Surely not that gullible. Hey Td, tell us another bedtime story.
PS- Didn't mean to call your brother a nitwit.:D He was probably trying to protect you.

FOXMAN
06-07-2008, 05:40 AM
I agree Lets compare Apples to Apples. There is nobody as far as Mercury concerned or Hydra Motive and Imco I have the fastest 22 foot V with a pump gas small block with a Alpha 1. Because its so fast I have to race 1500lb out board boats, blown twin big blocks, Cats you name it. Not one person stepped up to the plate with the same deal. Every time some one talks trash yea they have 1100hp per side in like a 32 foot V bottom thats wants to race my poor sting ray.It would be cool for some people to visit im not the only one who has a 90 + pump gas small block with a Alpha 1. There is 3 of us I did the drives for all 3.
Where are these two other pals with your TD tricked out Alpha? I would think they too would be on the boards and back your story up??
Wouldnt that be a kick ass video... A three boat regatta all of you all going 100 mph..

FOXMAN
06-07-2008, 05:46 AM
Why would they, two weekends ago Vneomus my brother and my self smoked a new 388 Hustler sling shot that had blowers on it. At 80 MPH we pulled away from like he was standing still, Now do you think that guys is going to say HEY I just got beat by this little boat called tripple digits UMMM I think not. Special when they have 280K plus into there boats. None of the big boats have yet to be a man and step up and say Hey yea he beat me. This was one of the problems on speed wake, there was a few I spanked hard and they would never step forward and give me the credit.
Let me see if i have this right... Moe, Larry, and Curly are all out for some boating fun.. You put a big hurting on a boat that should be way out of your league, and nobody had a video camera along???

vnemous
06-07-2008, 07:18 AM
Foxman you are truly an ASS. I hope that doesn't break any rules. If so I'm sorry that was the nicest word I could call him.

FOXMAN
06-07-2008, 07:36 AM
That really hurt my feelings:cry: So which one are you??? We all know TD just HAS to be Moe.
Why is there no video of this @ss whopp'n of the boat with twin blower motors??? My guess is nobody has a free hand cause your hanging on for dear life at 100 mph..
Why dont you get a dash mounted video camera like the cops have? Then we would have proof and put this whole we dont belive you thing behind us.

Schi-502
06-07-2008, 08:11 AM
TD,
Are you going to market this drive modification as a core/return project, an outright retail sale or just a send and return conversion? Is marketing to boat builders an option?
Mark

TrippleDigits
06-07-2008, 08:35 AM
TD,
Are you going to market this drive modification as a core/return project, an outright retail sale or just a send and return conversion? Is marketing to boat builders an option?
Mark Yes I plan to have people send me a good core upper/lower and bell and I will do the mods. They will be able to pick from 1 inch shorter to 4 inch shorter. In the next 2 years im going to have them casted and then would definitely market to boat builders. My set up also bolts up to bravo transom assemblys. Wich is the strongest set up one could have

TrippleDigits
06-07-2008, 08:43 AM
That really hurt my feelings:cry: So which one are you??? We all know TD just HAS to be Moe.
Why is there no video of this @ss whopp'n of the boat with twin blower motors??? My guess is nobody has a free hand cause your hanging on for dear life at 100 mph..
Why dont you get a dash mounted video camera like the cops have? Then we would have proof and put this whole we dont belive you thing behind us. One word of caution, I would not mess with vnemous, he is a stand up guy that does not lie or bs. He is well respected in his community and well known. You have no idea who he is. You can cause all the trouble with me thats fine but leave him out you would not want to piss him off. It would be a bad thing. I saw were you posted then removed it DO YOU HAVE A LIFE? Guess not. Your such a loyal fan of mine stalking me on the internet.

FOXMAN
06-07-2008, 08:53 AM
One word of caution, I would not mess with vnemous, he is a stand up guy that does not lie or bs. He is well respected in his community and well known. You have no idea who he is. You can cause all the trouble with me thats fine but leave him out you would not want to piss him off. It would be a bad thing. I saw were you posted then removed it DO YOU HAVE A LIFE? Guess not. Your such a loyal fan of mine stalking me on the internet.
I have posted and deleted.. only on the song chain thread, i have dial up and it is slow, And yes i have a life, and no... not a loyal fan, i would just like to see your claims backed up by some video.. I wish i had a mill like yours under the sun deck.. It sounds like you actualy do know what you are doing..
Just show the proof...

deltaAce
06-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Whats so hard to believe about a 22' boat with 640HP going 100?
Didn't you read his R&D page, (http://www.rlcpe.com/images/projects/tripple_digits/project_trippledigits.html) every mod was described step by step in it's entirerty.
There was videos posted showing it in action, taken from the shore &
in the boat.
Are you going to keep disrespecting this guy, who clearly has advanced
knowledge of performance boat crafting, simply because no one pointed
a camara at the speedo?

FOXMAN
06-07-2008, 09:27 AM
I do find it hard to believe. I have a similar boat an i know what i have in it, and how hard it was to get it to go as fast as it does.. He talks about all the big hp. boats he has passed. NO PROOF... He talks 100mph... All kinds of video of everthing but the GPS.. He has been asked on other sites to pony up the proof.. None was ever delivered.

TrippleDigits
06-07-2008, 09:59 AM
I do find it hard to believe. I have a similar boat an i know what i have in it, and how hard it was to get it to go as fast as it does.. He talks about all the big hp. boats he has passed. NO PROOF... He talks 100mph... All kinds of video of everthing but the GPS.. He has been asked on other sites to pony up the proof.. None was ever delivered.
No one has ponied uped to race me or even go for a ride. Agian like I said its so easy to be a PC rambo.

MadPoodle
06-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Didn't you read his R&D page, (http://www.rlcpe.com/images/projects/tripple_digits/project_trippledigits.html) every mod was described step by step in it's entirerty.
in the boat.
a camara at the speedo?
Cause some of us have 22' boats with the same hp and know what they will do.. And can provide GPS backup of our claims..

FOXMAN
06-07-2008, 10:13 AM
People have offered to race on speedwake.com.. (Before you were banned) And if it wasnt a light blue stingray with a small block and an Alpha you wouldnt run them. People offered to run along side you to video GPS.. You declined the offer..

vnemous
06-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Little to humid here in Jerzey this weekend for a speed run. 93 degrees right now but I'm sure one of these evenings we will get some good air and make a run on video and gps. After that Rich is the kinda guy that will still offer help to those that have bashed him after all he is a businessman. Foxman could you post a pic of your boat, would like to see what you have. Maybe Rich could get you over the hump. Thanks Mike

vnemous
06-07-2008, 10:51 AM
In this thread on scream and fly is a pic of one of the other boats in the area with Rich's drive and foot. Its a 1977 Challenger with another 434 small block. I have a 1976 Challenger with a 250efi ob in the garage waiting to be rigged. Ran it last year with a1981 2.4 225 to a best of 70.1 on gps. No I dont have a pic.
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144596

FOXMAN
06-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Little to humid here in Jerzey this weekend for a speed run. 93 degrees right now but I'm sure one of these evenings we will get some good air and make a run on video and gps. After that Rich is the kinda guy that will still offer help to those that have bashed him after all he is a businessman. Foxman could you post a pic of your boat, would like to see what you have. Maybe Rich could get you over the hump. Thanks Mike
Hmmmm.. I have been waiting for this since i started busting yer chops on this thread.. I have never posted any pictures on here cause i never took the time to figure it out.. You are calling me out for a picture, And pictures you shall get. I have several kick @ss pics... I now will put in the time to get them up..
Thank you for the challenge Mike.

vnemous
06-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Use this, its what most of use on S&F. I see you can be civil. Nice
http://www.tinypic.com/

FOXMAN
06-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Everbody has to have goals... And i might even lighten up on TD an you a bit..:D

FOXMAN
06-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Let me see if i have this right... Moe, Larry, and Curly are all out for some boating fun.. You put a big hurting on a boat that should be way out of your league, and nobody had a video camera along???
And you have to admit this was hilarious...

vnemous
06-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Here is a pic of my challenger. Also a pic of Curly and Moe. Im driving, Moe is next to me. Long Island last November temp in the high 20's that day. We are die hard boaters.
http://i32.tinypic.com/2w3rn8h.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/opa6og.jpg

TrippleDigits
06-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Cause some of us have 22' boats with the same hp and know what they will do.. And can provide GPS backup of our claims..
And thats my fault because possible you dont have real Hp or there is something wrong with your combos.

MadPoodle
06-07-2008, 01:05 PM
And thats my fault because possible you dont have real Hp or there is something wrong with your combos.
Nobody said it's your fault; your comprehension is about as bad as your diction.. What I said was some of us have real world experience in 22' hulls with similar power AND the GPS shot's to back it up. So far, in 27 threads on as many boards I have yet to see you actually prove it.. And therein lies the rub: As I told you before, IF you are actually capable of building these wonder drives, you have the capability of becoming an overnight sensation in the boating world. However, your continued hiding behind piss poor video's of boats in the distance that certainly do not appear to be doing tripdig's, your lack of hard, factual evidence proving you have actually done the speed (s) you claim, your reluctance to actually go over to (in your words) your buddies @ Typhoon Marine and prove it to us with them as witnesses, your continued whining (please being cheese, we get hungry wading through this crap) that no one wants to run you while you conveniently forget the fact that I offered to fund your trip to Lake Winni so you could show us Donzi boys just how good your product and technology is, has become old and stale. Frankly, beer farts are more entertaining; at least the end of the story is a surprise..
Now, if you really want to prove yourself and impress us, IÂ’ll make you the same deal I offered you before: Bring your boat up to Lake George next weekend; there is another Donzi gathering happening. IÂ’ll make sure I UPS one of the attendeeÂ’s a GPS just in case none of the 40 some odd boats there doesnÂ’t have one to let you use, plus IÂ’ll send a digital camera and a video camera to record the event.. IÂ’ll also send a $100.00 Exxon prepaid fuel card to help cover some of your expenses.
Hell, I might just fly in too record it myself.. If IÂ’m wrong, IÂ’ll be the first to buy you a beer, shake your hand, apologize to you and commend you on changing the boating world for the better..
Run it, PROVE it with reliable witnesses, and as I said, we will be knocking at your doorstep. But until then, itÂ’s just a bunch of whooooooie from some troll on the internet..

TrippleDigits
06-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Nobody said it's your fault; your comprehension is about as bad as your diction.. What I said was some of us have real world experience in 22' hulls with similar power AND the GPS shot's to back it up. So far, in 27 threads on as many boards I have yet to see you actually prove it.. And therein lies the rub: As I told you before, IF you are actually capable of building these wonder drives, you have the capability of becoming an overnight sensation in the boating world. However, your continued hiding behind piss poor video's of boats in the distance that certainly do not appear to be doing tripdig's, your lack of hard, factual evidence proving you have actually done the speed (s) you claim, your reluctance to actually go over to (in your words) your buddies @ Typhoon Marine and prove it to us with them as witnesses, your continued whining (please being cheese, we get hungry wading through this crap) that no one wants to run you while you conveniently forget the fact that I offered to fund your trip to Lake Winni so you could show us Donzi boys just how good your product and technology is, has become old and stale. Frankly, beer farts are more entertaining; at least the end of the story is a surprise..
Now, if you really want to prove yourself and impress us, IÂ’ll make you the same deal I offered you before: Bring your boat up to Lake George next weekend; there is another Donzi gathering happening. IÂ’ll make sure I UPS one of the attendeeÂ’s a GPS just in case none of the 40 some odd boats there doesnÂ’t have one to let you use, plus IÂ’ll send a digital camera and a video camera to record the event.. IÂ’ll also send a $100.00 Exxon prepaid fuel card to help cover some of your expenses.
Hell, I might just fly in too record it myself.. If IÂ’m wrong, IÂ’ll be the first to buy you a beer, shake your hand, apologize to you and commend you on changing the boating world for the better..
Run it, PROVE it with reliable witnesses, and as I said, we will be knocking at your doorstep. But until then, itÂ’s just a bunch of whooooooie from some troll on the internet.. Ahhh the mad canadian that doesnt even own a go fast boat and is still offering me a whole 100 bucks for gas for a trip that would probly cost me 1200 to 1500 dollars. Hmmm troll?? I heard you beg your friends for rides in poker runs. For some that alegidly owns his own business you should take the 100 dollars use it towards a plane ticket and fly to ocean county NJ and I will take you for a ride personal

MadPoodle
06-07-2008, 03:31 PM
A: I am not Canadian.. Born, raised and living in America sir.
B: 12 - 1500 bucks to travel (according to Mapquest (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Toms+River+NJ/Lake+George+NY/)) a total of 540 miles? WTF you driving, the QE2?? Wow, the hooooie never stops does it TD.. Not to mention it would be a business expense since I can guarantee you will sell quite a few of the wonder drives if you can prove to us they even exist and run as claimed..
C: I do not do NJ.. However, I'll be happy to call Frank @ Typhoon and arrange for your demo if you're afraid to travel...
The challenge stands.... :)

TrippleDigits
06-07-2008, 05:22 PM
A: I am not Canadian.. Born, raised and living in America sir.
B: 12 - 1500 bucks to travel (according to Mapquest (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Toms+River+NJ/Lake+George+NY/)) a total of 540 miles? WTF you driving, the QE2?? Wow, the hooooie never stops does it TD.. Not to mention it would be a business expense since I can guarantee you will sell quite a few of the wonder drives if you can prove to us they even exist and run as claimed..
C: I do not do NJ.. However, I'll be happy to call Frank @ Typhoon and arrange for your demo if you're afraid to travel...
The challenge stands.... :) Not sure what your smoking, its 700 miles round trip, keep your 100 dollars save it and just maybe you might be able to aford a real boat someday, then you would not have to beg for rides in real boats.

TrippleDigits
06-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Here is the magicly drive that acording to MAD Poodle, Im not sure about anybody else but that sounds like a flaming nick if you ask me, arent poodles like ankle biters. real pain in the buts and there bark bigger then there bite. Hmmm Poodle boy your starting to show me a trend here with you.

MadPoodle
06-07-2008, 05:31 PM
A: OK, so mapquest, like everything else around you, is wrong, and you are right.. Still WTF are you driving that costs 1500 bucks to travel 700 miles in, the QE2?
B: Oh, I have at least one performance boat.. Speaking of putting down the crack pipe, did you miss the part where I pointed out I am not who you assumed I was?
C: The challenge still stands.. :) :)

TrippleDigits
06-08-2008, 05:09 AM
A: OK, so mapquest, like everything else around you, is wrong, and you are right.. Still WTF are you driving that costs 1500 bucks to travel 700 miles in, the QE2?
B: Oh, I have at least one performance boat.. Speaking of putting down the crack pipe, did you miss the part where I pointed out I am not who you assumed I was?
C: The challenge still stands.. :) :) I get all my fans confused because there is so many, I aplogize do you own a 434 small block powered Donzi? from FL

MadPoodle
06-08-2008, 06:58 AM
A: Until you prove yourself, not a fan.
B: no 434.. 383, undisclosed BBC, 225 Opti in/on my Donzi's..
C: You still haven't told us how the QE2 drives...
D: The challenge still stands.... :) :) :)

TrippleDigits
06-08-2008, 09:14 AM
A: Until you prove yourself, not a fan.
B: no 434.. 383, undisclosed BBC, 225 Opti in/on my Donzi's..
C: You still haven't told us how the QE2 drives...
D: The challenge still stands.... :) :) :)
Theres no challange Im a businessman I do not loose money I try to make money. Everybody in my area knows how fast I go, they see it all the time out in the water. Now the challange would be bring some of those Donzi to NJ and lets run them.

MadPoodle
06-08-2008, 09:27 AM
A: In business, you have to spend money to make money. Sometimes you have to travel to promote your business. And, ask your accountant, it's deductible.
B: If "everyone" in your area knows how fast your boat/miracle drive is, why aren't they helping you push them? Why aren't your friends (your words, not mine nor theirs) @ Typhoon Marine helping you market them? Seems to me it would be a natural fit in their business model to have a miracle drive in their inventory to wow and impress their customers with..
C: Why would we travel to you? You're the one talking daddy big balls here, you're the one who needs to prove your product does as you say if you intend to market it. Of course, if your doing this whole exercise for shits n giggles, then you are actually correct, you have nothing to prove, we can end the discussion here...
D: I'm still curious about the QE2. I'm assuming you also have an unlimited captains license in your resume in order to captain that thing....
E: The challenge still stands..... :) :) :) :)

damdonzi
06-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Thank you, MadPoodle. I'd chip in on that offer too.
Carl C

VetteLT193
06-09-2008, 06:12 AM
in the boat.
a camara at the speedo?
I found this thread through another forum that he was on. It honestly sounded like a really awesome project to me at first. But there is no actual proof... after a while, and forum after forum, that gets old.
Also, they show the speedo accidentally in one of the videos and it's not pointing at anywhere near 100.
I'm not saying it isn't possible to get to 100 with 600+ HP sitting in a small boat with a 20 degree deadrise but since the claims go unproven time and time again people start calling BS.

TrippleDigits
06-09-2008, 06:24 AM
I found this thread through another forum that he was on. It honestly sounded like a really awesome project to me at first. But there is no actual proof... after a while, and forum after forum, that gets old.
Also, they show the speedo accidentally in one of the videos and it's not pointing at anywhere near 100.
I'm not saying it isn't possible to get to 100 with 600+ HP sitting in a small boat with a 20 degree deadrise but since the claims go unproven time and time again people start calling BS. Thats good because there is no speedo in the dash so not sure what you were looking at. Its proven time and time again when people show up for a ride or I race them

VetteLT193
06-09-2008, 06:42 AM
Thats good because there is no speedo in the dash so not sure what you were looking at. Its proven time and time again when people show up for a ride or I race them
regardless if it is speedo or tach the vid doesn't support the claims you have made.

vnemous
06-09-2008, 06:49 AM
TD when the heat breaks lets put this to rest.
PS Any fast boater knows water pressure speedo is for sh**. Also I clearly stated we did 82mph that day. No one is trying to bullsh** here.

Show-n-go h2o
06-09-2008, 07:51 AM
this thread was so good it made me register.. keep up the good work guy's

vnemous
06-09-2008, 08:24 AM
The "good work" on the Tripple Digits project or the other? Or need I ask.

Show-n-go h2o
06-09-2008, 08:28 AM
The "good work" on the Tripple Digits project or the other? Or need I ask.
all of it. i do however want to see the gps video when you do it.

TrippleDigits
06-09-2008, 08:52 AM
All you donzi boys, there must be some one you know in NJ with a 16, 18, or 22 foot donzi that we can hook up and race. Hey everybody says my boat doesnt do what I say it does, so there should be no worrys, we will have a great time. Im tired of you Pc rambos wanting to race your lap tops with me. Put up or shut up bring it dont sing it. Im here in NJ waiting with my 70 mph Sting Ray. OOps the cats out of the bag. *Wink*

vnemous
06-09-2008, 08:57 AM
No speedometer in dash. No accident.

FOXMAN
06-09-2008, 03:13 PM
WELCOME ABOARD!!!

FOXMAN
06-09-2008, 03:18 PM
All you donzi boys, there must be some one you know in NJ with a 16, 18, or 22 foot donzi that we can hook up and race. Hey everybody says my boat doesnt do what I say it does, so there should be no worrys, we will have a great time. Im tired of you Pc rambos wanting to race your lap tops with me. Put up or shut up bring it dont sing it. Im here in NJ waiting with my 70 mph Sting Ray. OOps the cats out of the bag. *Wink*
70 is hard to believe:D Just kidding... I'm sure it goes a LEAST that fast ;)
And see... there is a winking smilie.. you dont have to type it.. I know you have some trouble with that..

FOXMAN
06-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Sorry about another outburst.... I said i would back off a bit.. That is until i prove my claim..:D

vnemous
06-09-2008, 04:52 PM
70 is hard to believe:D Just kidding... I'm sure it goes a LEAST that fast ;)
And see... there is a winking smilie.. you dont have to type it.. I know you have some trouble with that..
Foxman I'm sure you meant "at LEAST". See spell check doesn't always work even if you know how to spell. There is a grammer checker too:D

FOXMAN
06-09-2008, 05:13 PM
You got me there :D I dont use spell check.. These spelling skills are just off the top of my head.. And sometimes the whiskey doesnt help much.
By the way.. I'm taking a day of vacation... I'll be up all nite drinking and post'n...:D

FOXMAN
06-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Oh.. And i looked into the site you linked for posting pics.. Thank you, I think i can do this. I down loaded the directions off of ***boat how to post pics. Do you think i can scan they regular photos i have with my scanner and get them on that site???

vnemous
06-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Foxman just scan them and save them in My Pictures in your My Document section. Tiny pic is very easy to use. Kinda addictive, you'll be posting all kinds of pics and they take up no bandwidth on Hot Boats server.

FOXMAN
06-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks... I'll try that. I have said it before, I'm no Bill Gates on the pc... I'm self taught... When i was in school they only had a couple of them in the whole school and with out the internet.... What good were they???

vnemous
06-09-2008, 05:26 PM
You know the manage attachments on the bottom of the reply page is also very to use. Just click on manage attachment button and browse your files for pic once you scan them in and hit upload. Hot Boat allows a much bigger file than Scream and Fly does. We are limited to 100kb pic thats why most of us use an off site web poster like tiny pic.

vnemous
06-09-2008, 05:27 PM
When I was in school we used carbon paper instead of cut and paste:D

FOXMAN
06-09-2008, 06:04 PM
When I was in school we used carbon paper instead of cut and paste:D
I'm not saying i didnt have cut and paste...
I had a round nosed sissors and paste that came in a jar with a brush... Just like Permatex* ANTI-SEIZE... :D
Notice that??? Got the spelling right on that. Even the little * for the registered trademark.... ( I grabbed it off the shelf in the garage ) :)

FOXMAN
06-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Jump in and post TD.. I see you there... With the help of your friend vnemous, I'm going to back up my claim of owning a boat... And i will post pics of the wife that i claim to have... Thats always asked for around here too...

FOXMAN
06-09-2008, 06:18 PM
And with that last post... I'm off the TD bashing wagon..
That is until i back myself up with the pics... And then , Ask you to do the same :)

FOXMAN
06-09-2008, 07:51 PM
And going forward with the backing up... :D I'm crack'n myself up...:D I will also post pics of the sweet @ss F-7 Arctic Cat i have going over open water. (thats kinda like a boat'n thing.. right???) And my baby boy Jack... Who is really a toddler now (2.5 years old).:)

vnemous
06-10-2008, 04:38 AM
I'll post a pic of my wife as soon as she's back from her Playboy photoshoot:D

TrippleDigits
06-10-2008, 05:37 AM
Jump in and post TD.. I see you there... With the help of your friend vnemous, I'm going to back up my claim of owning a boat... And i will post pics of the wife that i claim to have... Thats always asked for around here too... Theres nothing to jump in and say I have been saying the same thing for 2 and half years now, not once changeing my story or running away when people bash me. Ive said it all

TrippleDigits
06-10-2008, 05:46 AM
First they just wanted a pic of the boat, then that was no good, then they wanted a pic of the drive, then that wasnt good enough, then they wanted a pick of the engine, that wasnt good enough so on and so forth we put video up that was not good enough. Here is a speedo pic of 99.4 mph then that wasnt good enough see it just never ends.

FOXMAN
06-10-2008, 06:41 AM
First they just wanted a pic of the boat, then that was no good, then they wanted a pic of the drive, then that wasnt good enough, then they wanted a pick of the engine, that wasnt good enough so on and so forth we put video up that was not good enough. Here is a speedo pic of 99.4 mph then that wasnt good enough see it just never ends.
I have my thoughts on your post... I will stick to my word.
I will come back to this post after i back myself up...
Anyway... I'm enjoying the day off. I should mow lawn.. But the Cub Cadet is down for the count. Bearing out on the deck.. ( That'll happen when your running a blower and burning alcohol ) Sorry I couldnt resist ;)
And i can hardly wait to see the pics of your wife vnemous :D
Wifey said she will help with the scanning to tinypic when she gets home from work.

vnemous
06-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Thats the first lie I told since I signed up to this forum. So dont wait on me:)

FOXMAN
06-10-2008, 07:03 AM
I can give you a break on that... How bout the girlfriend then???

FOXMAN
06-10-2008, 07:08 AM
And if you dont have any pics your girlfriend naked i can give some of the ones i have.. :D Just kidding.. I couldnt resist

vnemous
06-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Now girlfriend I can do.:D

FOXMAN
06-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Oh... I almost forgot, As part of the unwriten, but very much enforced registration rules..... You need to post pics of your wife or girlfriend :D

vnemous
06-10-2008, 10:34 AM
How lewd can we get and get away with?

Show-n-go h2o
06-10-2008, 01:06 PM
i wont tell

FOXMAN
06-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Cant post a link either... Yet. Check out ***boat West... Patriotic in Pastie cove... You'll get an idea :D

deltaAce
06-10-2008, 01:48 PM
I think nippies are ok;)

FOXMAN
06-10-2008, 01:58 PM
I think nippies are ok;)
I think they are way better than ok!!! :D

MadPoodle
06-11-2008, 02:32 AM
A: As long as the nipples don't have those weird hairs some girls get they are fine.
B: Ahhh TD, the sign of a true businessman hell bent on going broke.. "Yo world, I just blew up 35000 dollars worth of drives attempting to reinvent the wheel here. Along he way I originally blamed my success on the mystery snake oil I was using, but now I am going to tell you that it really is my enjuhnearing skills that have enabled me to break the speed o sound and light on the water in my lil boat. Now, you folks need to come to me, the almighty drive god, and grovel before me if you want to see what I have created, for assuredly I will not deign to travel to you in order to induce you to spend money with me, drive god boy." Nice business model..
C: Why, just look at the gps leaning on the dashboard, certainly that must tell you I is an geneeeous." Or, the owner of a car or truck capable of almost breaking trippindig's...
D: Still waiting to hear about the QE2 and you skippers license....
E: The challenge still stands..... :) :) :) :) :)

TrippleDigits
06-11-2008, 04:40 AM
A: As long as the nipples don't have those weird hairs some girls get they are fine.
B: Ahhh TD, the sign of a true businessman hell bent on going broke.. "Yo world, I just blew up 35000 dollars worth of drives attempting to reinvent the wheel here. Along he way I originally blamed my success on the mystery snake oil I was using, but now I am going to tell you that it really is my enjuhnearing skills that have enabled me to break the speed o sound and light on the water in my lil boat. Now, you folks need to come to me, the almighty drive god, and grovel before me if you want to see what I have created, for assuredly I will not deign to travel to you in order to induce you to spend money with me, drive god boy." Nice business model..
C: Why, just look at the gps leaning on the dashboard, certainly that must tell you I is an geneeeous." Or, the owner of a car or truck capable of almost breaking trippindig's...
D: Still waiting to hear about the QE2 and you skippers license....
E: The challenge still stands..... :) :) :) :) :)
A: Not even close most of the drives were given to me for free and others we bought houesing off of E-bay realy cheap, saw free boats on the side of the road that had Alphas on it. LOL I did not reinvent anything just fixed some problems and made things beefier
B: I did this as a Hobby because I can, never started to be a business. I did it because they said it cant be done
C: I can assure you when im ready it will be in alot of Magazines. Ive been in few before and I would take it to a few big boat shows if this is what I decide to do. As far as Drive God I dont know about that, I do know Im the only that has Alphas going this fast with this kind of HP and living.
D: funny you say snake oil I do use my own blend of Snythetic oils that I blend toghter for my gear oil.

MadPoodle
06-11-2008, 06:10 PM
A: Before in threads elsewhere you have told us the oil is why it stays together. I'm not going to go thread mining for that info.
B: Drive God was facetious..
C: You're ignoring the invitation to have Typhoon verify your claims...
D: Still curious about the QE2 that requires 1500 dollars worth of fuel to go from Bayville to Diamond Point, aprox 600 miles round trip. Even at 5 miles to the gallon, figuring fuel @ 4.00 per, thats only what, 480 bucks worth of fuel.. I'll up the ante, 200 bucks cash money for fuel if you show up in LG this weekend with the wonder boat and run it....
A: Bayville, NJ
1:
Start out going EAST on BUTLER AVE toward ATLANTIC CITY BLVD/US-9.
0.0 mi
2:
Turn LEFT onto ATLANTIC CITY BLVD/US-9.
2.7 mi
3:
Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto US-9.
1.2 mi
4:
Merge onto GARDEN STATE PKWY N (Portions toll).
82.5 mi
5:
Merge onto NJ-17 N via EXIT 163 on the LEFT toward MAHWAH.
13.3 mi
6:
NJ-17 N becomes I-287 N/NJ-17 N (Crossing into NEW YORK).
0.5 mi
7:
Merge onto I-87 N/NEW YORK STATE THRUWAY N via the exit on the LEFT toward ALBANY/RT-17 N (Portions toll).
117.8 mi
8:
Merge onto I-87 N/I-90 E via EXIT 24 toward ALBANY/MONTREAL.
1.0 mi
9:
Merge onto I-87 N via EXIT 1N toward ALBANY INT'L AIRPORT/MONTREAL.
55.4 mi
10:
Take EXIT 22 toward US-9/LAKE GEORGE VIL/RT-9N/DIAMOND POINT.
1.0 mi
11:
Turn LEFT onto NY-9N/LAKE SHORE DR.
3.3 mi
12:
End at Diamond Point, NY
Estimated Time: 4.0 hours 53 minutesEstimated Distance: 278.63 miles
D: The challenge stands taller.... :) :) :) :) :) :)

TrippleDigits
06-11-2008, 07:26 PM
A: Before in threads elsewhere you have told us the oil is why it stays together. I'm not going to go thread mining for that info.
B: Drive God was facetious..
C: You're ignoring the invitation to have Typhoon verify your claims...
D: Still curious about the QE2 that requires 1500 dollars worth of fuel to go from Bayville to Diamond Point, aprox 600 miles round trip. Even at 5 miles to the gallon, figuring fuel @ 4.00 per, thats only what, 480 bucks worth of fuel.. I'll up the ante, 200 bucks cash money for fuel if you show up in LG this weekend with the wonder boat and run it....
D: The challenge stands taller.... :) :) :) :) :) :)
Oh ok now I can see why you think I was driving the QE2. I was under the impression this place was in Newhampshire. Very tempting but I have to work. I think you need to ask some people that keep there boat at typhoon and see if they will tell you the truth.

thumbs
06-11-2008, 08:53 PM
You sound like a chick. "You're going to fast. Slow down, my mascara is running and my hair is going to be knotted"
A weekend river trip cost us about $700 between gas for the boat & truck, hotel, food and whatever else. Another $75 bucks is not going to stop me from using my 50K boat.
Leave your mangina at home.

deltaAce
06-11-2008, 09:20 PM
yeah,
"who really cares about going 100mph".....
It's called, H O T B O A T
The only performance boating magazine that matters................
and forums:idea:

handreasen
06-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Some people on this web site crack me up, They are so pre-occupied with spanking 10,000 -16,000 lb boats that were designed to run 75+ in 2-8 foot water all day with 4,000-7,000 lb boats that would never survive past a breakwater. Maybe John Force (funny car champion) should "drag race" Ivan Iron Man Stewert (offroad truck champion). Your project is impresive, but lets' keep things in perspective.

MadPoodle
06-12-2008, 01:10 AM
A: I have Frank Civitano's numbers at hand. I'll be glad to arrange for him to verify you're speeds for the world if you'd like. I'm sure he could find something around there that stands a chance of keeping up with you to use to video the boat at speed, and also loan you a GPS with the max top speed set to zero before the run.
B: The challenge still stands.. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

MadPoodle
06-12-2008, 01:11 AM
Some people on this web site crack me up, They are so pre-occupied with spanking 10,000 -16,000 lb boats that were designed to run 75+ in 2-8 foot water all day with 4,000-7,000 lb boats that would never survive past a breakwater. Maybe John Force (funny car champion) should "drag race" Ivan Iron Man Stewert (offroad truck champion). Your project is impresive, but lets' keep things in perspective.
LOL, hell I invited him to a lake for pete's sake...
The challenge still stands.... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

vnemous
06-12-2008, 07:50 AM
Hey TD Frank lives right where we put my boat in the water. Hes a donzi guy. Got it on his plate on his truck. Must have seen him in the bay. He has to know yours and Johns boats hes alway in Kettle Creek. Maybe he's stand up. Wish we knew who the guy was with the Outer Limit from Brick the other day.

deltaAce
06-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Welcome to ***boat forums,
In this post here, #5, he describes going after the big dads in protected waters,
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2957146&postcount=5
These guys have 280 to 780 K boats that were ment for the off shore but they have no sack and they love to play in the intercoastal water way,
I think it's a worthy endeavor;)

vnemous
06-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Truly an epic David vrs. Goliath story.

vnemous
06-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Here's where TD prowls looking for the big boys.
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=39.918558~-74.146729&style=h&lvl=12&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=8661672&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

deltaAce
06-12-2008, 11:10 AM
He may have trouble with this guy:D
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uBmJ2cuFTcE&feature=related

vnemous
06-12-2008, 11:35 AM
He doesn't look like he is from around here but this boat is with a new paint job about two years ago. Im sure a lot of you on this site know this boat. Its one lagoon over from mine.

deltaAce
06-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Geez, that things nuts!
He probably needs permits from 5 government agencies just to go for a shake down ride.

vnemous
06-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Jet Set was the fastest turbo skater around for a while.. Twin Helicopter turbines. Had them replaced and painted. Dont know how fast it goes now. He was the king of the New York poker runs for a while. When he lights off them turbines the whole neighborhood smells like everyone left their barbeque grills on.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=khnqrqK8Zi0&feature=related
Goes faster than 180. This is the new paint

damdonzi
06-13-2008, 08:25 AM
Rich, I did not come over here to bust your balls but if you have what you claim you have then I think the word would quickly spread and everyone on the boating forums would be raving about your bolt on Alphas that can handle big power and give double digit speed gains without sacrificing reliability. Look at companies like Teaque, Thottle-up, BBlades, etc. A lot of these folks post on forums and people can't praise their products enough. This has not happened with you and that is why people tend not to believe you. I don't really know what to make of you but I tend to think that your claims are not for real. If your reputation were better I'd probably order an Alpha drive from you. It'll take a lot more to convince me to lose the big block though. The offfer from MadPoodle is legitimate and I'd like to see you go for it. If you go and post the numbers you claim I will send you a check for $100 too. My word is good on these forums.:) :)

vnemous
06-13-2008, 08:37 AM
Damdonzi are you in NJ. None of you guys post your whereabouts and on the forums I'm on we tend to be warry of those guys.
PS I think madpoodle is up to $200.00

damdonzi
06-13-2008, 10:03 AM
Damdonzi are you in NJ. None of you guys post your whereabouts and on the forums I'm on we tend to be warry of those guys.
PS I think madpoodle is up to $200.00 I am northwest of Detroit. I boat on Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron and Lake Erie in addition to the smaller lakes. I've got a 2005 Donzi 22 Classic. A very similar boat to TD's StingRay. I've got a 496 HO with CMIs and Bravo drive with Bravo 1 labbed 28p. I run honest 75 mph. I will be looking to SC the motor before long to get the boat near 90. My name is Carl and I go by Carl C or CC on other forums. I'm not bidding against MP. I'm just saying that I will add $100. It will take time to build a rep since durability is a major factor here but if TD's claims are for real then the word should spread fast. I haven't seen that happen.

vnemous
06-13-2008, 10:20 AM
TD's Alpha lower will fit your bravo gimbal.

TrippleDigits
06-13-2008, 04:29 PM
I am northwest of Detroit. I boat on Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron and Lake Erie in addition to the smaller lakes. I've got a 2005 Donzi 22 Classic. A very similar boat to TD's StingRay. I've got a 496 HO with CMIs and Bravo drive with Bravo 1 labbed 28p. I run honest 75 mph. I will be looking to SC the motor before long to get the boat near 90. My name is Carl and I go by Carl C or CC on other forums. I'm not bidding against MP. I'm just saying that I will add $100. It will take time to build a rep since durability is a major factor here but if TD's claims are for real then the word should spread fast. I haven't seen that happen. Its not similar I get tired of people saying that, you have a 24 Degree dead rise wich makes your about 7 mph slower no matter how much HP you put into the boat, Your also alot heaver in the transom area then I am. My boat would go 75 with 350 hp. My boat is real the drive is real Im here in NJ for anybody to come see

TrippleDigits
06-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Rich, I did not come over here to bust your balls but if you have what you claim you have then I think the word would quickly spread and everyone on the boating forums would be raving about your bolt on Alphas that can handle big power and give double digit speed gains without sacrificing reliability. Look at companies like Teaque, Thottle-up, BBlades, etc. A lot of these folks post on forums and people can't praise their products enough. This has not happened with you and that is why people tend not to believe you. I don't really know what to make of you but I tend to think that your claims are not for real. If your reputation were better I'd probably order an Alpha drive from you. It'll take a lot more to convince me to lose the big block though. The offfer from MadPoodle is legitimate and I'd like to see you go for it. If you go and post the numbers you claim I will send you a check for $100 too. My word is good on these forums.:) :)ALot of these companys already know about me they dont care because its not a Bravo. Remeber they ram that bravo down everybodys throats so they cant back peddle. Come to Nj go for a ride see for your self. Vnemous did he went for sevral rides. He would not lie for anybody. I took him for one hect of a ride and when it was done I asked if I was lieing about my boat or my drive. I beat the crap out, I have a true 640 hp with 610 ft pounds of torque.I race it wide open for long periods of time, its the real deal.

TrippleDigits
06-13-2008, 04:42 PM
I dont understand anybody on here, I know in my business if sombody has some great new technoligy that no body eles has I dont go Waaaaaaa im a baby and want to hide behind the pc. I call up and say I would like a apointment with you and we want to see what you have. I just took a trip to St paul minasota and they claimed to have somthing better then anybody else so I flew there checked it out, they backed up there claims so I did business with them. Ive been here for 3 years never changed my story and invited the world to come vist and see me, I cant do any more then that. My business is thriving and the boat is a hobby. All these people saying they will send me gas money, why dont they use that for a plane ticket between me and Vnemous we will get you to the airport and back.

damdonzi
06-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Well, who knows, I'm always in for a good fast boat run. Alright, everybody send me the money for a plane tic from Detroit to Jersey and I'll report on my experience!:)

vnemous
06-14-2008, 02:16 AM
Damdonzi you dont want to come to Jerzy. You may love it here and never want to leave. Than when the state eats up all your money on taxes you'll be riding around in a dingy:D Nice boat by the way. Looks alot like the Minx accross the lagoon from me.

MadPoodle
06-14-2008, 03:29 AM
Last minute I ended up flying to Lake George.. Imagine my excitement when I saw a stingray in the parking lot amongst the Donzi's, but alas, no trippppindigits was to be found..
Guys, Frank is as stand up as they come. AND, he manages a service center that could help you market the wonder drive.. But, somewhere the drive has to be proven..
D, I'm in Lake George for the weekend. We'll be easy to spot, there's about thirty boats running around..
The challenge still stands.....:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

TrippleDigits
06-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Last minute I ended up flying to Lake George.. Imagine my excitement when I saw a stingray in the parking lot amongst the Donzi's, but alas, no trippppindigits was to be found..
Guys, Frank is as stand up as they come. AND, he manages a service center that could help you market the wonder drive.. But, somewhere the drive has to be proven..
D, I'm in Lake George for the weekend. We'll be easy to spot, there's about thirty boats running around..
The challenge still stands.....:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
You can fly to NY but you cant fly to NJ somthing sounds fishy and suspect.

TrippleDigits
06-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Well, who knows, I'm always in for a good fast boat run. Alright, everybody send me the money for a plane tic from Detroit to Jersey and I'll report on my experience!:) See final some one with sense fly this man to NJ.

MadPoodle
06-14-2008, 09:44 PM
You can fly to NY but you cant fly to NJ somthing sounds fishy and suspect.
Err, no, that's just the voices in your head talking to you again.. No conspiracy theory here, no need to put the tinfoil cap back on your head again, and the black helicopter outside isn't really looking for you. Plain and simple, I told you MANY times there was a Donzi event in LG this weekend, offered to pay at least a fair amount of your fuel expenses to go there and actually run your boat in front of credible witnesses, many of whom are driving boats that would be your target market for the wonder drive. I just didn't tell you that I was planning to be there myself since it was a surprise for some good friends that I have not sen in awhile. However, I did pack a handheld GPS and an extra 200.00 bucks just in the faint chance you showed up.
That money is safe I guess.. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

damdonzi
06-15-2008, 03:34 AM
MP, I'm glad you made it to Lake George to see Matty and everyone. TD's 100 mph Stingray dusting all of the Donzis would have definately had the boards buzzing about his small block/alpha miracle package. I agree 100% with you and will stick with my proven BBC/Bravo set-up untill convinced otherwise. Meanwhile.........if someone wants to fly me to jersey and back (about $200 if I book in advance) I will give an unbiased report of my experience and feelings.:) :) :idea: TD, like I said, I did not come here to bash you. I don't participate in these forums for that but frankly your horrible grammar and spelling and attitude are killing your credibility.

vnemous
06-15-2008, 03:43 AM
Damdonzi how about I pay for your flight to NJ and if your satisified when you go for a ride and see Tripple Digits, the boat, not Rich:D Madpoodle reimburses me for your flight. Im down with that if you are.
PS Rich's spelling isnt that bad thats how he talks.:)

damdonzi
06-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Damdonzi how about I pay for your flight to NJ and if your satisified when you go for a ride and see Tripple Digits, the boat, not Rich:D Madpoodle reimburses me for your flight. Im down with that if you are.
PS Rich's spelling isnt that bad thats how he talks.:)I'd go for that but that wasn't MadPoodle's offer or intention so that's not going to happen. I think that if Rich (TD) has developed what he claims that there would be a lot of money to make if this were promoted properly. Us Donzi guys aren't a bad bunch and he would be treated respectfully if he did the same. Also, it takes time to build a reputation. A one off small block with a modified alpha that may have to be rebuilt after every run isn't going to do it. Look at Ilmor. They started conservatively with their engines because durability and reputation was the number one concern. Now they have pumped up the power and are selling a ton of them. If TD has the drive he claims to have then he could be doing well like Bob Teague or Ilmor. It just doesn't make any sense. I'm not going to go round and round here though. No one else is even posting on this thread any more.................:rolleyes:

vnemous
06-15-2008, 05:05 PM
True enough. If someone is interested in a drive that will help them go faster and IS reliable they should be willing to seek it out. I'm done and moving on. Got my own boat to worry about.

MadPoodle
06-15-2008, 06:34 PM
DD, awesome weekend on the lake, and some great friends to boot.. You need to make some of the events man, you have no idea how much fun your missing.
TD, You had your chance to prove to the world the existance of a 100 mph alpha/sbc combo, and you passed on it. 28 boats, 65 witnesses from all over the country that would have spread the word that you are indeed the drive king, and have reinvented the wheel. I guess the opportunity just wasn't worth the risk to you, something that says a lot..
Well, I'm off to the crib tomorrow with my 200 bucks safely tucked away.. If ya ever get yer act together and prove us all wrong, IMO you will have one succesful business going...
In the meantime, keep on trolling, maybe someone will bite and give you the adoration you seem to be so desperately seeking.... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

TrippleDigits
06-15-2008, 07:34 PM
I dont need any chances I have the goods. Vnemous even offers to fly some one to NJ and they punk out. Not sure what ever body is afraid of. My boat is a honest mid 90 mph with a Alpha. Well it will be rite here in NJ when anybody wants to grow up and see it. Bring those slow small block Donzi with Alphas to NJ Lets Race. Im going to Sponsor along with a few other companys a shoot out this fall there will be 2 classes big block and small block pump gas no power adders no blowers no nitrous 18 to 22 foot v bottoms only. We are working on the details and should be done in th next 4 to 5 weeks.

MadPoodle
06-16-2008, 02:44 AM
td, you really are clueless aren't you? I'll use your own analogy, you flew to MI to look at some new technology and verify the manufacturers claims.. OK, maybe you did. I've done the same thing many times. The difference is I didn't read about their technology on some internet chat board typed by a guy with 27 phd's in quantum physics that cannot string a sentence together accompanied by a crappy video that proves NOTHING and a picture of a gps sitting on the dashboard of a boat. I was provided verifiable proof of the product's capabilities, verified proof the product existed, and references from verifiable sources the product delivers what it promises.
You were offered the opportunity to prove yourself to the Donzi community and the boating world AGAIN.. Most of the guys here are your target audience: SBC guys with explosion prone alpha drives. Trust me, had you come up here and showed us your prowess with a drive, you would have orders in hand, cash in your pocket, and Donzi guys singing your praise on our board and others already. Instead you just want to sit here and toss shots out at our boats and us. Nice business model dude..:sleeping:
Be sure to let Frank Civitano @ Typhoon know about your shootout. I'm sure he'll be there to show off a boat or two, and toss a handheld GPS in your boat when you run.
Meantime, I'm heading back to my VERIFIED 76 and 82 mph boats to enjoy running around with some proven technology... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Show-n-go h2o
06-17-2008, 08:46 AM
I'd go for that but that wasn't MadPoodle's offer or intention so that's not going to happen. I think that if Rich (TD) has developed what he claims that there would be a lot of money to make if this were promoted properly. Us Donzi guys aren't a bad bunch and he would be treated respectfully if he did the same. Also, it takes time to build a reputation. A one off small block with a modified alpha that may have to be rebuilt after every run isn't going to do it. Look at Ilmor. They started conservatively with their engines because durability and reputation was the number one concern. Now they have pumped up the power and are selling a ton of them. If TD has the drive he claims to have then he could be doing well like Bob Teague or Ilmor. It just doesn't make any sense. I'm not going to go round and round here though. No one else is even posting on this thread any more.................:rolleyes:
Carl i'll throw in $100 towards your trip, im sure someone else will too. let vnemous pay for your trip out and if you verify all his claims then i'll be more than happy to send a check.

TrippleDigits
06-17-2008, 10:15 AM
One of the problems is its such a small market for my set up and its not cheap. You get alot of talkers and tire kickers.
Its like online all tire kickers and talkers (Oh we want you waist your money and come show us) If some one was realy serious about there performance and they wanted the fastest Alpha they could possible have they wouldnt even be talking online they would have been here allready to check it out for them selfs.
Everybody is on the Bravo Band wagon so this is why none of the other companys cares not even Mercury. I do have what I say I have theres 4 of these drives out on boats now and they all picked up nothing less then 7 mph and one picked up 12+ over his bravo. I did this as a hobbie not a business, to have fun and show people it can be done. How this whole mess even got started was a Ex Mercury Racing Tech telling me about the Alpha and when they did testing on it and what was happening so on and so forth. He told me it could be done I Just had to figure a few things out.
So for the million time anybody welcome to come see what I have and go for a ride

TrippleDigits
06-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Carl i'll throw in $100 towards your trip, im sure someone else will too. let vnemous pay for your trip out and if you verify all his claims then i'll be more than happy to send a check. Why dont you fly here your closer and it would be cheaper.

TrippleDigits
06-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Any body going to be at the poker run tomorow in TRS NJ I will be lurking about looking for victims. Franks going to be in 33 foot Donzi maybe we will catch up with him

bluellama
06-20-2008, 08:20 AM
TD, I hope you can hook up with Frank, or Tom A (in the 38zr comp) today.
Frank's 33 will run 75, Tom's 38 will run 105.
Let us know how it works out.

damdonzi
06-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Any body going to be at the poker run tomorow in TRS NJ I will be lurking about looking for victims. Franks going to be in 33 foot Donzi maybe we will catch up with him Are you entered in the poker run? If not they will not appreciate you trying to run along side them.

TrippleDigits
06-20-2008, 12:23 PM
TD, I hope you can hook up with Frank, or Tom A (in the 38zr comp) today.
Frank's 33 will run 75, Tom's 38 will run 105.
Let us know how it works out.
It worked out Great They had nothing for us, there is video coming we had all the Vs covered we ran out front. I let people catch up then we would pull away like they were standing still. On the starts I could realy pull away. We raced them 2 or 3 times then it was no fun any more. I gave all those V guys a opertunity to beat me and they did not. Im hoping Steve Sharky has some of this on his video. The water was rough. I did this with a full tank of gas and 4 people in the boat. Jet Set was out there putting on a show. I dont know what any of those guys run all I can tell you is I had them covered and I had speed left if I needed.

vnemous
06-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Here is a couple of pic for you Donzi guys. Dont know who is who. Working on video.

vnemous
06-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Video is from my Olympus camera so not the greatest. We are running the front of the Poker Run staying out of thier way. Any of you who know anyone who participated ask them where the little blue Stingray ran. The two boats in the pictures were the lead boats I think.
PS The first part is Jet Set doing a fly by.
http://media.putfile.com/TD-Poker-Run

justfloatn
06-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Video is from my Olympus camera so not the greatest. We are running the front of the Poker Run staying out of thier way. Any of you who know anyone who participated ask them where the little blue Stingray ran. The two boats in the pictures were the lead boats I think.
PS The first part is Jet Set doing a fly by.
http://media.putfile.com/TD-Poker-Run
:jawdrop: Wow, that ride was so rough my beer vibrated off my desk watching it.
Did you have your kidney belts on:D :D

vnemous
06-20-2008, 02:26 PM
:jawdrop: Wow, that ride was so rough my beer vibrated off my desk watching it.
Did you have your kidney belts on:D :D
No joke I came down on my nut bag more than once. Sorry the vid not better but we were there and "they" saw us, even that little helicopter should have video. I'm guessing that was Sharkeys egg beater in the air.
PS love your avatar

TrippleDigits
06-20-2008, 03:55 PM
No joke I came down on my nut bag more than once. Sorry the vid not better but we were there and "they" saw us, even that little helicopter should have video. I'm guessing that was Sharkeys egg beater in the air.
PS love your avatar I did it to but not racing the boys we did it going to see big barney

damdonzi
06-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Well this is getting interesting.........:messedup:

bluellama
06-21-2008, 04:27 AM
Here is a couple of pic for you Donzi guys. Dont know who is who. Working on video.
The second pic is Crazy Charlie Amorsi, and that is a 390 Velocity.
I talked to Frank last night, he may not be in your video, after he busted my ass for not being there, (it's my anniversary today, and our daughters dance receital is this weekend) he said he ran the outside Ocean route to AC, not the inside Bay route.
When Frank calls today with the full report ( TomA had some drive problems late yesterday) I'll ask him if Tim (Sharkey) has any video of you guys, looked a bumpy ride....
Do you know which of the 4 groups you were running with?
The NJPPC ran 4 groups yesterday......
Group 1 - Ocean Running
Group 2 - Inside running (no ocean)
Group 3 - Inside 60 MPH max (no ocean)
Group 4 - Inside 45 MPH max (no ocean)

vnemous
06-21-2008, 05:22 AM
While we were not registered we did have a casual invite. We ran with the leaders from Lobster Shanty to Silver Bay where they took some pic and vid via helicopter and than ran with them back to the Barnegat inlet. Than we jerked around the bay untll it became a three foot chop like usual. Rich just wanted to get the boat some exposure with a lot of other boats who may or may not think it runs like TD says it runs. The leaders know. We will see.

vnemous
06-21-2008, 05:26 AM
Here is some other boats that were there. I was on offshore only and I believe I read that the blue Outer Limits pictured here lost a tranny.

TrippleDigits
06-21-2008, 05:28 AM
The second pic is Crazy Charlie Amorsi, and that is a 390 Velocity.
I talked to Frank last night, he may not be in your video, after he busted my ass for not being there, (it's my anniversary today, and our daughters dance receital is this weekend) he said he ran the outside Ocean route to AC, not the inside Bay route.
When Frank calls today with the full report ( TomA had some drive problems late yesterday) I'll ask him if Tim (Sharkey) has any video of you guys, looked a bumpy ride....
Do you know which of the 4 groups you were running with?
The NJPPC ran 4 groups yesterday......
Group 1 - Ocean Running
Group 2 - Inside running (no ocean)
Group 3 - Inside 60 MPH max (no ocean)
Group 4 - Inside 45 MPH max (no ocean)
all i can say was the guys we were racing went alot faster then 60 they were hitting 75 to 80 mph

bluellama
06-21-2008, 06:45 AM
all i can say was the guys we were racing went alot faster then 60 they were hitting 75 to 80 mph
Rich,
First of all it's a Poker Run not a Race.
Secondly if you are 200 yards away from them, do they really know you are there.
Thirdly how come we have all this video, and once again no shots of the dash. MadPoodle made arrangements to get you a GPS for the day, all you had to do was ask Frank for it.
I'm not saying you didn't do it, but if your boat is running like you said, then show everyone the proof.
If the numbers are verifiable the boating world will beat a path to your door.

TrippleDigits
06-21-2008, 07:01 AM
Rich,
First of all it's a Poker Run not a Race.
Secondly if you are 200 yards away from them, do they really know you are there.
Thirdly how come we have all this video, and once again no shots of the dash. MadPoodle made arrangements to get you a GPS for the day, all you had to do was ask Frank for it.
I'm not saying you didn't do it, but if your boat is running like you said, then show everyone the proof.
If the numbers are verifiable the boating world will beat a path to your door.
Here come the exscuse. Bring them on. Lets see how many u guys can come up with. Those guys we raced they were wide open for all they had. Nobody likes to loose special when u have a big go fast boat and this little crabing boat blows your doors off. Hey its all good I was there and 3 others with me in the boat and the guys we were toying with. I own a GPS I do not need to borrow one, I already posted a shot of the Gps, If you dont belive it thats your problem I already know how fast I go and so does the guys we raced.

bluellama
06-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Here come the exscuse. Bring them on. Lets see how many u guys can come up with. Those guys we raced they were wide open for all they had. Nobody likes to loose special when u have a big go fast boat and this little crabing boat blows your doors off. Hey its all good I was there and 3 others with me in the boat and the guys we were toying with. I own a GPS I do not need to borrow one, I already posted a shot of the Gps, If you dont belive it thats your problem I already know how fast I go and so does the guys we raced.
Rich, no excuses, but again no verification.
How do you know the boats you were running with were "wide open for all they had" ?
Which boats were they, it's sort of hard to make anything out from the video?
If you have a GPS, then why didn't your cameraman Vnemous swing the camera across the dash, instead of swinging from the top of your head to the other side of the boat?
Nowhere on this thread have I said your claims are un-true, all I'm asking for, all I have been asking, for almost a year now, is verifiable proof of the claims you have made on pretty much every performance boating board there is.
Imagine the line up of customers you would have had if you would have dropped by Typhoon last year and let Chuck mount a GPS in your boat for a run.
How much fuel would you burn on a 30 minute test run?
Frank and Chuck are in the shop pretty much every day except Sundays. When the weather is right for your run, send me a message, I'll contact Frank, the GPS and gas money will be waiting at his shop. Pull up to the dock. let Chuck mount the GPS, head out to the Bay, tell Vnemous to start rolling tape showing the GPS and the bay, give it all your Singray has, pull back up to the dock, hand Frank or Chuck the GPS, they'll hand you the gas money, and we can put this whole thing to rest.

vnemous
06-21-2008, 09:59 AM
For your info Frank son, Little Frank, and my daughter ride together on the Silverton First Aid Squad. If i wasnt knee deep sanding my boat I would go over there and ask Frank if he knows anything about this deal. I rode my bicycle in there this morning but didnt see anyone around. Thought maybe they are still down in AC. If your that good of friends with Frank contact him and tell him of this challenge so I don't look like a putz when I ask him about it. Let me know when you have spoken to him. Thanks Mike Franzoso
PS GPS is hand held and not in the boat yesterday and I dont appreciate the insinuation that I was less than truthful. I guess you have never been in a 22' boat doin 90+ in a two foot chop. Lucky I could get what I got.

vnemous
06-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Bluellama I posted my name so you could tell Frank who your talking about. Frank already knows Rich. Here's two shots of my boat being sanded. Notice I got the sander in the picture dont want anyone to think I'm not sanding:mad:
http://i30.tinypic.com/r9hjf8.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/120owac.jpg

bluellama
06-21-2008, 10:20 AM
For your info Frank son, Little Frank, and my daughter ride together on the Silverton First Aid Squad. If i wasnt knee deep sanding my boat I would go over there and ask Frank if he knows anything about this deal. I rode my bicycle in there this morning but didnt see anyone around. Thought maybe they are still down in AC. If your that good of friends with Frank contact him and tell him of this challenge so I don't look like a putz when I ask him about it. Let me know when you have spoken to him. Thanks Mike Franzoso
PS GPS is hand held and not in the boat yesterday and I dont appreciate the insinuation that I was less than truthful. I guess you have never been in a 22' boat doin 90+ in a two foot chop. Lucky I could get what I got.
Mike, I have never said Rich's boat won't do what he says it will, and I didn't say you were less than truthful. All I'm asking for is proof, once Rich posts the proof, the boating world will beat a path to his door. I was looking at an 18 Classic last weekend in Lake George. It would need a new drive, if I could buy a proven modified Alpha, instead of a Bravo, I'd be in.
I think Typhoon will be empty today, everybody is still in AC.
I will be talking to Frank when he gets back from AC, and I'll tell about the deal I offered Rich.
Tell your daughter to say Hi to Frankie for me.

bluellama
06-21-2008, 10:24 AM
Bluellama I posted my name so you could tell Frank who your talking about. Frank already knows Rich. Here's two shots of my boat being sanded. Notice I got the sander in the picture dont want anyone to think I'm not sanding:mad:
Nice Challenger.
Do Challenger, and Superboat share history? I know they've been around forever.

vnemous
06-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Sorry for the attitude just getting a little fustrating. Figured if we ran with the big boys some one would comment on TD's boat but it is early and everyone is still in AC.
You have a good eye. My boat is a 1976 21' Challenger just finishing up restoring the deck and plan to have it ready for 4th of July. Challenger were built in 1976 and 1977 by George Linder and Rich Luhrs. The mold was sold to Coen at Superboat and splashed after that. Superboat, Intimidator, Shadow, Apache even the new Tuff owe thier heritage to my Challenger. Rich Luhrs was here with TD last weekend to see our friend John and his Challenger. His is a I/O with 434 small block running one of Rich's modified Alpha drives. Here is a vid of John running next to me in Barnegat Bay. In the later part of the vid he passes me like I'm standing still but I am doing 70.
Enjoy. I'll tell my daughter Megan to say Hi to Frankie for you
http://media.putfile.com/Cold-Day-in-Silver-Bay
Here is a vid of just me and Megan almost lost her trying to video with one hand in a 2' chop. Boat wake almost took her out.
http://media.putfile.com/A-Day-in-Silver-Bay

TrippleDigits
06-21-2008, 01:31 PM
Mike, I have never said Rich's boat won't do what he says it will, and I didn't say you were less than truthful. All I'm asking for is proof, once Rich posts the proof, the boating world will beat a path to his door. I was looking at an 18 Classic last weekend in Lake George. It would need a new drive, if I could buy a proven modified Alpha, instead of a Bravo, I'd be in.
I think Typhoon will be empty today, everybody is still in AC.
I will be talking to Frank when he gets back from AC, and I'll tell about the deal I offered Rich.
Tell your daughter to say Hi to Frankie for me.
Ive already done market re search on my drive and they will not beat down my door its not cheap for my drive and if I sold 4 of them a year it would be alot. They cry when some one sells a Alpha SS for 3k +. My drive is 1 1/2 times stronger and you can get my drive in custom lengths. Come down go for a ride with me see for your self how it holds up and how fast we go. If you can not do this then you dont have the money to buy one. Again just tire kickers and talkers.
You all miss the point every body so dead set on speed show me your speed speed. First off, as far as 16 to 24 foot I/O on pump gas no blowers, pro chargers any power adders no fuel injection. Im one of, if not the fastest specialy with a Alpha 1. Show me a 22 foot v bottom 3500 lbs + with a Alpha and a pump gas small block go 90 + mph. For 3 years ive been waiting. I have to race all 200 + K boats with big blocks blower motors you name it and I still beat them not all but most. All you Pc rambos are so upset because you have big block and bravos that are slow, I cant help this not my fault. I get tired of hearing OH I have a 502 in this with a Bravo Blah blha Blah with all this crap on it and I only go 75 mph
So show me some one doing what Im doing.
We are going to have a shoot out and all the world to see then whats going to be the exscuses.????????

damdonzi
06-21-2008, 03:00 PM
TD, I don't think anyone will believe you unless they ride with you. GPS readings can be rigged. The problem is that a lot of people on these forums know a lot about boats and no one thinks that an alpha can handle the power required to run even 90 mph and live. I trust these people. Aren't the gears and shafts and everything in an alpha simply too small? I haven't seen anything about you replacing those parts. It sounds like you modify the housings and put in a secret oil. On the Donzi thread it was your secret oil that kept the drive cool and kept it going. Another thing, like bluellama said, the poker run boats aren't racing and probably wouldn't appreciate your bragging about blowing away any specific boat untill you actually race side by side WOT. The video was cool and I'm not calling anyone a liar. But you will have a hard time convincing boaters to pull their bravos in favor of an alpha. Hell, even the bravos are prone to break. Ven, looking good, I'm glad you got the sander in the pic. All my previous boats were OBs. I had to rebuild the gear case a lot on my 200 and it was tricked out. Maybe if I'd had some of that oil..................:idea:

MadPoodle
06-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Another interesting video.. Far enough away from the big boys that I am sure they didn't realize they were being challenged.. NO pics of the GPS you own once again.. Heck, we didn't even get a shot of the dash...
You said it yourself: Folks are paying 3k plus for Alpha SS's.. Yet you feel yours won't sell? Hell, I bought an SS (not for even remotely near 3k BTW) and I don't even have an Alpha boat, but somewhere's down the line...
TD,as I stated earlier, I really hope you do have the miracle drive for the Alpha owners of the world. I ship out tons of Alpha gear sets a year, the market for a bulletproof replacement is there trust me. BUT, you really need to consult with someone else in marketing if you are going to be successful with these things.. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
And don't lump me in with the bravo owners...
I have TRS's :D :D

MadPoodle
06-21-2008, 03:12 PM
V,
Did the Challenger have the pad?

vnemous
06-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Challengers and superboat have a pad. And like I said no need to shoot pic of the dash unless you want to see TD's tach. Didn't have GPS with us. I know "How convenient". Will anyone step up and say that little blue stingray was right there and then some. We will see. :idea: Stay tuned.

TrippleDigits
06-21-2008, 07:49 PM
TD, I don't think anyone will believe you unless they ride with you. GPS readings can be rigged. The problem is that a lot of people on these forums know a lot about boats and no one thinks that an alpha can handle the power required to run even 90 mph and live. I trust these people. Aren't the gears and shafts and everything in an alpha simply too small? I haven't seen anything about you replacing those parts. It sounds like you modify the housings and put in a secret oil. On the Donzi thread it was your secret oil that kept the drive cool and kept it going. Another thing, like bluellama said, the poker run boats aren't racing and probably wouldn't appreciate your bragging about blowing away any specific boat untill you actually race side by side WOT. The video was cool and I'm not calling anyone a liar. But you will have a hard time convincing boaters to pull their bravos in favor of an alpha. Hell, even the bravos are prone to break. Ven, looking good, I'm glad you got the sander in the pic. All my previous boats were OBs. I had to rebuild the gear case a lot on my 200 and it was tricked out. Maybe if I'd had some of that oil..................:idea: Theres to much to even go into detail as to why the drive holds up. The oil is a big part of it, shortening the housing has a big part of it. The gear set has somthing to do with it and Yes I do make ceratain part that increases strenght. Also how the Alpha is put together and set up one of the major ones. Im not syaing for all bravo owners to pull there drives, My drive is for some one who has a 24 foot or less performance boat that knows what there doing and under stands what X demsion they need. I can provide from 2 to 4 inches shorter. This is a purpose built drive. In the 3 years of beating the crap out of my drive and you can ask Vnemous as to how much I breat the crap out of it, I only broke a pinion gear.
As far as those guys there not going to say anything because they had nothing for me they gave it there all. They know it I know it Vnemous knows it. I do this 24/7 I know what most those boats go any way, there any were from 75 to 88 mph, that's my cruz speed that I put around the bay. Now there are some that go 90+ and even go over 100 mph But wait your getting caught up again and not thinking. I have a little 22 foot crabing/ ski boat with a little pump gas small block with a Alpha. DOES ANYBODY GET THE POINT YET

thatguy
06-22-2008, 06:13 AM
My Sanger hydro goes 120+, and stays straight. cost? $12K
My Flattie goes 90+ all day. cost? $5,500.00 turn key
I built an '81 Luv truck for my dad in 1984. Small block, TH350, 8" 28 spline.
It would go 130 MPH. Actually faster, but the front end would start skating.
Cost? $3,500.00 + truck
My Glastron did 42 MPH. Cost? $8K
My Miller goes 70 MPH. Cost? $7K + $5K in new engine, but it is a classic "show boat".
My point is........what's the point?
I respect the work you have done, and the dedication to your mission. But I see little point to it other than personal satisfaction. In fact, it sounds like people are lucky to have not been injured.
Not an out drive guy, as you can see, but it appears the products are already available (and documented), at affordable prices, to safely come close to your results.
Carry on.

TrippleDigits
06-22-2008, 06:58 AM
My Sanger hydro goes 120+, and stays straight. cost? $12K
My Flattie goes 90+ all day. cost? $5,500.00 turn key
I built an '81 Luv truck for my dad in 1984. Small block, TH350, 8" 28 spline.
It would go 130 MPH. Actually faster, but the front end would start skating.
Cost? $3,500.00 + truck
My Glastron did 42 MPH. Cost? $8K
My Miller goes 70 MPH. Cost? $7K + $5K in new engine, but it is a classic "show boat".
My point is........what's the point?
I respect the work you have done, and the dedication to your mission. But I see little point to it other than personal satisfaction. In fact, it sounds like people are lucky to have not been injured.
Not an out drive guy, as you can see, but it appears the products are already available (and documented), at affordable prices, to safely come close to your results.
Carry on. Your clueless so why post, again another post not worth while that pertains to nothing. And no there are no products for a Alpha one Gen 1. Show me the documtaion show me were there is a shorten Alpha upper housing and a high Po foot for a Alpha 1 gen 1 that handle 650 + hp and over 610 foot lbs of torque at affordable prices LOL this ought to be good. Yes your correct your not a out drive guy and it shows

TrippleDigits
06-22-2008, 07:02 AM
Another interesting video.. Far enough away from the big boys that I am sure they didn't realize they were being challenged.. NO pics of the GPS you own once again.. Heck, we didn't even get a shot of the dash...
You said it yourself: Folks are paying 3k plus for Alpha SS's.. Yet you feel yours won't sell? Hell, I bought an SS (not for even remotely near 3k BTW) and I don't even have an Alpha boat, but somewhere's down the line...
TD,as I stated earlier, I really hope you do have the miracle drive for the Alpha owners of the world. I ship out tons of Alpha gear sets a year, the market for a bulletproof replacement is there trust me. BUT, you really need to consult with someone else in marketing if you are going to be successful with these things.. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
And don't lump me in with the bravo owners...
I have TRS's :D :D If you ship out tons of gear sets a year which I doubt then you would have the money to fly to NJ and see for your self. Keep up the good work. LOL how Could I trust some one with no money that cant even fly to NJ BUT sells so many gear sets a year, sounds like BS to me or a wana be not sure.

thatguy
06-22-2008, 07:40 AM
Your clueless so why post, again another post not worth while that pertains to nothing. And no there are no products for a Alpha one Gen 1. Show me the documtaion show me were there is a shorten Alpha upper housing and a high Po foot for a Alpha 1 gen 1 that handle 650 + hp and over 610 foot lbs of torque at affordable prices LOL this ought to be good. Yes your correct your not a out drive guy and it shows
Clueless? I did not attack you. In fact, I said I respected what you have done. Guess you ran out of options rather quickly.
Let me walk you through this, I'll type slow so you can follow along. Don't let the correct spelling of my text throw you off.
I was inferring that OTHER out drives are on the market. Not just parts for the Alpha.
My Luv Truck reference was pointing out that nearly any engine powered vehicle can be made to go faster, much faster in your case, than it was designed to.
Again, your progress and achievement is impressive. I believe you have gone much farther with it then any reasonable person would, even if you can't prove the speeds. But then again, this is how engineering advancements are made.
I really can't figure out what the purpose of your thread is, however.
Do you just want accolades and praise? If planning to market this drive mod., you probably should prove some of the claims. I personally don't care, but potential customers will.
Or, do you just post this every where so you can argue with people that challenge any part of it?
I read the page with your tests. I was pretty impressed, until I read this thread and realized what a nut job you are.
Why post again?
I was posting here when you were still getting banned elsewhere.

thatguy
06-22-2008, 07:42 AM
another post not worth while that pertains to nothing.
Much like this thread, and your deathtrap of a boat.

TrippleDigits
06-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Much like this thread, and your deathtrap of a boat.
LOL at death trap of a boat again your clueless bring your go slow boats to were I run and we will see who has the death trap. Ignornace is bliss I see

Fishbone
06-22-2008, 10:19 AM
TD, If you drive a boat like you spell, you're in trouble.

TrippleDigits
06-22-2008, 10:22 AM
TD, If you drive a boat like you spell, you're in trouble. No we are good I've been told im one of the best V and deep V drivers around. Any time some one wants there boat to go the best it can they have me drive it.

BoobyBouncer
06-22-2008, 10:45 AM
No we are good I've been told im one of the best V and deep V drivers around. Any time some one wants there boat to go the best it can they have me drive it.
so your the new god of the boating world?? guess all the race drivers should just quit then...

TrippleDigits
06-22-2008, 10:48 AM
so your the new god of the boating world?? guess all the race drivers should just quit then... lol if I was then there would be no problems. Im not a new God im aclty Old one and I've raced a few times and did I mention im undeafted never lost a boat race.

thatguy
06-22-2008, 11:38 AM
lol if I was then there would be no problems. Im not a new God im aclty Old one and I've raced a few times and did I mention im undeafted never lost a boat race.
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s170/thomasljr/angry_dwarf.jpg

jackpunx
06-22-2008, 11:38 AM
lol if I was then there would be no problems. Im not a new God im aclty Old one and I've raced a few times and did I mention im undeafted never lost a boat race.
LMAO... I guess your a big fish in a small bucket...
Dont come to the west coast if you want to keep that record of yours..
BTW..
I dont get on here very often.. but
WTF is this thread
and why are all you guys beating up on this guy..?:D
is this one of those famous 100 MPH jet boats on ebay?

thatguy
06-22-2008, 11:41 AM
No we are good I've been told im one of the best V and deep V drivers around. Any time some one wants there boat to go the best it can they have me drive it.
You had me right up till that! :rolleyes:
I'm sure your the "bestest ever"
No wonder you get banned.
Who is this really? :idea:

jackpunx
06-22-2008, 11:45 AM
You had me right up till that! :rolleyes:
I'm sure your the "bestest ever"
No wonder you get banned.
Who is this really? :idea:
LMAO.. I was thinking about that.. its got to be a joke... Its probably Toppless:D

thatguy
06-22-2008, 11:55 AM
LMAO.. I was thinking about that.. its got to be a joke... Its probably Toppless:D
Probably is!
She is screwing up the spelling on purpose to throw us off.
Nobody with that engineering capability could possibly spell so atrociously! What the h*ll does "aclty" mean?
Maybe it's BnB messing with us. :idea:

thatguy
06-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Hold on! He might be for real after all. Found this by my neighbors boat. (it's a Bayliner)
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s170/thomasljr/receiptAlpha.jpg

MadPoodle
06-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Ahh, the classic td returns.. Just like on every other board you have been banned from, the personal attacks start... Nice work td, once again your business sense shows...
Well, today arrangements were made for your world debut. Frank Civitano is the man you need to see at Typhoon if you are man enough to show us what you got.. A GPS with the max speed zeroed will be provided, and fuel for your run will be paid for IF your boat lives up to your claims. It's show-time TD, put up or shut up...
The challenge still stands... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

MadPoodle
06-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Hold on! He might be for real after all. Found this by my neighbors boat. (it's a Bayliner)
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s170/thomasljr/receiptAlpha.jpg
LMAO, that sir, is priceless... :D :D :D

vnemous
06-22-2008, 02:18 PM
More popcorn please:D :D

thatguy
06-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Hey everybody says my boat doesnt do what I say it does,
No, every one is saying they don't care.
It is cool that you can run with the big boys, but remember, they are sipping drinks and listening to tunes at that speed. (well, maybe not, but you see what I mean)
It is absurd to mock the big boats. They have the speed, and a degree of comfort. So to say "they had nothing" for you is not exactly accurate.

MadPoodle
06-22-2008, 05:01 PM
More popcorn please:D :D
I'm having cheese flavor..
Goes better with the whine
The challenge still stands :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

TrippleDigits
06-22-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm having cheese flavor..
Goes better with the whine
The challenge still stands :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Only person I here whining is you.

TrippleDigits
06-22-2008, 05:23 PM
I think the real challange would be for you to race my boat you said you had 80 mph boat. They way you talk and everybody else you should have me covered realy good. You sell tons of gear sets all over the world with all your money should not be a problem to make this happen. OH shoot I forgot you could not even aford a plane ticket to NJ I forgot, maybe people need to pitch in money to give to you as it seems like you need it more then me. Beside your the better business man rite? :cool:

thatguy
06-22-2008, 05:28 PM
I think the real challange would be for you to race my boat you said you had 80 mph boat. They way I talk and only talk you should have me covered realy good.
Fixed it for Ya' !

TrippleDigits
06-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Fixed it for Ya' ! Thank you im glad you have good spelling skills, I dont know what we would do with out you

thatguy
06-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Thank you im glad you have good spelling skills, I dont know what we would do with out you
Who's "We"?
You just started "newbie". I got a feeling you won't be here long.:eek:

MadPoodle
06-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Thank you im glad you have good spelling skills, I dont know what we would do with out you
In the words of Jeff Dunham and Peanut: Beep beep,eeeeooooooom

ken-smith
06-22-2008, 06:48 PM
there is no replacement for displacement:)

f_inscreenname
06-22-2008, 07:29 PM
OMG this reminds me of "I sunk the boat" or what ever it was.

Chubby4Life
06-22-2008, 09:00 PM
OMG this reminds me of "I sunk the boat" or what ever it was.
Maybe, but I was actually thinking that this would be a little more fitting: http://***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113630 .:D

MadPoodle
06-23-2008, 03:09 AM
LMAO, now that's some funny stuff over my morning coffee...
Am I the only one who sees vultures swarming overhead. Or are they just crows? :idea: :)
Harbringers of doom :rollside:

justfloatn
06-23-2008, 06:38 AM
:sqeyes: WTF?? Self proclaimed excellence is pathetic. What races have you won? Test drive any boats for manufacturers? Written any articles? Whot told you this; your mommy? :rolleyes:
I bet John Tomlinson wouldn't even spout off something this ridiculous.:rolleyes:

TrippleDigits
06-23-2008, 06:49 AM
:sqeyes: WTF?? Self proclaimed excellence is pathetic. What races have you won? Test drive any boats for manufacturers? Written any articles? Whot told you this; your mommy? :rolleyes:
I bet John Tomlinson wouldn't even spout off something this ridiculous.:rolleyes: Im in just a few mags and news paper articles ;)

bluellama
06-23-2008, 06:57 AM
If your that good of friends with Frank contact him and tell him of this challenge so I don't look like a putz when I ask him about it. Let me know when you have spoken to him. Thanks Mike Franzoso
Ahh, the classic td returns.. Just like on every other board you have been banned from, the personal attacks start... Nice work td, once again your business sense shows...
Well, today arrangements were made for your world debut. Frank Civitano is the man you need to see at Typhoon if you are man enough to show us what you got.. A GPS with the max speed zeroed will be provided, and fuel for your run will be paid for IF your boat lives up to your claims. It's show-time TD, put up or shut up...
The challenge still stands... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I just spoke with Frank, he was bringing a 43ZR with a broken power steering system back to Typhoon in the rain.
He said the reason he probably didn't see you on the weekend is because he ran outside, all the boats that ran inside were capped at 77 MPH by the pace boats.
He has a handheld GPS, and he has gas money, just let me know when you want to show up, and he'll make sure he's ready.

vnemous
06-23-2008, 07:09 AM
Good Deal. I cant speak for TD but I think he's in. Jet Set was doing 77x2:D

TrippleDigits
06-23-2008, 07:30 AM
If Reggie has his Cat killer, then I have my Giant killer

thatguy
06-23-2008, 08:21 AM
In the words of Jeff Dunham and Peanut: Beep beep,eeeeooooooom
Yeah, no sh*t, sailed by so fast it must of had a miracle drive behind it.

TrippleDigits
06-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Yeah, no sh*t, sailed by so fast it must of had a miracle drive behind it.
Heres the funny thing now if I had a bravo behind it no body would even question it

thatguy
06-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Heres the funny thing now if I had a bravo behind it no body would even question it
I gotta admit, you are a really funny guy!! :D :D :D :D
That went zoomin' right on past, huh? :D

MadPoodle
06-23-2008, 12:45 PM
LOL, yeah we would...
The challenge stands even taller now td.. Heck, we may actually have a live broadcast of the run, now won't that be cool..
Of course, that's after you're done backpedalling over on OSO...
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

TrippleDigits
06-23-2008, 01:07 PM
LOL, yeah we would...
The challenge stands even taller now td.. Heck, we may actually have a live broadcast of the run, now won't that be cool..
Of course, that's after you're done backpedalling over on OSO...
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) no back peddling we are putting this thing together its going to happen