PDA

View Full Version : Berkeley E Pump Question

tankd72
06-03-2008, 01:31 PM
I have a 1985 Daytona open bow with an "E" Pump and a place diverter.
Can I put any Berkeley split bowl on this pump?
I would like to eventually put droop snoot and a wedge ring on it.

boatdude22
06-04-2008, 08:52 AM
what you need is this setup!!!

Outlaw
06-04-2008, 09:08 AM
or just a G bowl.

tankd72
06-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Wow thats bitchin'
Thanks cool pic.
Scott

Pops@Aggressor
06-04-2008, 04:10 PM
I would like to eventually put droop snoot and a wedge ring on it.
Yes- Except Dominator if your using rear cover. Dom is a little larger Dia. and will not fit the Opening on casting.

Xerophobic
06-05-2008, 07:42 AM
And while ur at it you may as well go for broke and swap out to that type of hull too :D
Cheers
http://www.gatorjetboats.com/melvinboat3.jpg

jetboat
06-06-2008, 06:53 AM
theres laways someone who respponds of subject.who cares about your large barge when a pump questin was asked!.

Jordy
06-06-2008, 07:20 AM
theres laways someone who respponds of subject.who cares about your large barge when a pump questin was asked!.
How was that off subject? There was a post with all kinds of hardware added which was one way to go about adding a diverter, but definately not the simplest, so it was suggested that if he was going to go that route, why not get a new boat. I thought it was kind of funny.
Oh, and the "large barge" you refer to is a 21' jet boat that would most likely eat your boat for lunch. ;)

bp
06-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Oh, and the "large barge" you refer to is a 21' jet boat that would most likely eat your boat for lunch. ;)
... for $100k+, i would hope so...

jetboat
06-06-2008, 10:26 AM
never know about who's eating what for lunch.

bp
06-06-2008, 11:13 AM
very true - more bling than sting, and i could care less about bling...

Jordy
06-06-2008, 11:11 PM
very true - more bling than sting, and i could care less about bling...
Those beer can boats, are pushing triple digits with small blocks in them and are way less than $100K last time I checked. If nothing else, the shallow water they run in, and the beaver dams those crazy fockers jump, they'll eat your lunch every day of the week and twice on Sunday. :D

Schi-502
06-07-2008, 08:17 AM
Xero,
Nice pict., nice product. It's good to see your products gracing the pages, again.

bp
06-07-2008, 08:24 AM
Those beer can boats, are pushing triple digits with small blocks in them and are way less than $100K last time I checked.
the boat pictured is a 21' tunnel, with full interior. 2 years ago, for a similar hull with a 572 crate engine and much less in paint, their price was 80k. that boat didn't have an engine hatch, which this one does. it doesn't matter what the engine is; if you think you can pry this from their cold cold cold hands for less than 100k, give it your best shot.
If nothing else, the shallow water they run in, and the beaver dams those crazy fockers jump, they'll eat your lunch every day of the week and twice on Sunday. :D
i have absolutely no interest in bouncing off rocks or running over beaver dams. and with the paint on this hull, i'd doubt anyone plans on doing any of that (or they just have more thousands to toss off) - kind of like taking a 100k show/street car out in the desert to see how it does rock climbing and jumping; not likely.
for me, rock bouncing or log jumping has nothing to do with performance, even though i recognize there are many people in the frozen north that enjoy it. are they crazy? sure. but if they want to put one of those boats on a 1/4 mile track, we'll see who does the eating. i'm always available.

Duane HTP
06-08-2008, 08:27 AM
E-Series pumps do not use a rear cover, so you don't have to worry about that. Here's another one that has been changed over.
http://www.hi-techperformance.com/images/taylor1.jpg

jungledave
06-10-2008, 05:41 PM
I would like to eventually put droop snoot and a wedge ring on it.Just curious what an open bow Daytona looks like

Jet Hydro
06-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Those beer can boats, are pushing triple digits with small blocks in them and are way less than $100K last time I checked. If nothing else, the shallow water they run in, and the beaver dams those crazy fockers jump, they'll eat your lunch every day of the week and twice on Sunday. :D
bring ole`triple digits to the 1/4 and lets see just what it can eat ;)
I`ve got time for Sunday :D