PDA

View Full Version : Berkeley JC to JG bowl conversion photos.

HBjet
02-19-2003, 09:14 PM
As some of you know, I had a Berk JC bowl on my boat since I've had it and I've always wanted a split bowl. Well, instead of purchasing a new or used split bowl, I decided to have my JC converted to a JG by Jack at MPD. The main reason is cost....it costs less then purchasing a new bowl or a used one and then having it detailed. The bowl is 1/2 inch longer then the stock JG and the veins are 3/4's of an inch longer then the stock JG.
http://216.55.144.225/image_center/data/500/20convbowl001-med.jpg
http://216.55.144.225/image_center/data/500/20convbowl002-med.jpg
http://216.55.144.225/image_center/data/500/20convbowl003-med.jpg
http://216.55.144.225/image_center/data/500/20convbowl004-med.jpg
http://216.55.144.225/image_center/data/500/20convbowl005-med.jpg
http://216.55.144.225/image_center/data/500/20convbowl006-med.jpg
http://216.55.144.225/image_center/data/500/20convbowl007-med.jpg
Funny thing about this is the whole HBjet/Chet debates all began with a topic about converting a JC to a JG...
HBjet
[ February 19, 2003, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

disco_charger
02-19-2003, 09:17 PM
It looks good but you should have looked at the Agressor 9 vane!
wink :D
Disco

HBjet
02-19-2003, 09:20 PM
disco_charger:
It looks good but you should have looked at the Agressor 9 vane!Why?

disco_charger
02-19-2003, 09:22 PM
Just stirring shit. Actually the C to split bowl is a great thing, cause the C is the most efficient bowl Berk makes. Well worth the dough to keep it instead of finding a G.

SPECTRABRENT
02-19-2003, 09:26 PM
HBjet,
That bowl looks great! If you dont mind telling, what did it cost to convert?
Brent
[ February 19, 2003, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: SPECTRABRENT ]

Mohavekid
02-19-2003, 09:32 PM
That looks sweet.
Are you planning a droop or something else?
What kind of $$$ are we looking at to get this done?

HBjet
02-19-2003, 09:50 PM
To convert it's $375 bucks and is basically all labor your paying for. I'm getting a droop and a detailed inducer. I have the bowl now so I can have it coated with a few other parts.
HBjet

77charger
02-19-2003, 09:52 PM
looks like another signature series masterpiece! :)

SPECTRABRENT
02-19-2003, 09:53 PM
HBjet,
Are you going to Double Drill the bowl?
Brent

Mohavekid
02-19-2003, 09:56 PM
Can't wait to hear the results.

Windy
02-19-2003, 10:03 PM
Mohavekid:
Can't wait to hear the results. Me to.

HBjet
02-19-2003, 10:32 PM
SPECTRABRENT:
Are you going to Double Drill the bowl?No, I don't need to right now, but if I decided to get some serious power to push water through it, I will. It's like that just incase I decide to, and I can just put it under a drill press.
HBjet

HBjet
02-20-2003, 01:04 AM
Here you go. This was taken when I forgot to let the boat out at night before the water dropped.
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/521/20Old_Bowl.jpg
HBjet

Jake W
02-20-2003, 04:58 AM
Man that looks great.So did he helli arch a ring on it to give it the thickness at the end?So you going to polish it?Jake

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-20-2003, 05:18 AM
Looks great hb! Now you just need to polish it. That bowl would bw easier to polish then my jacuzzi was wink I was going to convert my berk on my other bowl but I found a "g" for $150 so I will be saving money wink

Taylorman
02-20-2003, 05:47 AM
Looks great HB. Hurry up with your new web sight. If its as good as the opening page I can't wait. Are both of the girls for you? :)
Question: Whats the difference between a JC bowl and a JE bowl?

MikeF
02-20-2003, 06:19 AM
Looks like a little work is involved there to attach all that to the end of the bowl eek! !
Does looks SWEET! :D Might have to get me one of those! :cool:

Blown 472
02-20-2003, 07:25 AM
No stuffer plate?

Slick
02-20-2003, 08:24 AM
Looks great. Randy and I talked about this very conversion several times in the past. I did opt for the Aggressor 9-vein. It cost me over $500. If you were to polish that up or have it powder coated, it'll look as if nothing was ever done with it. Are you going to reuse the same ride plate with turnbuckles or are you going to go with one designed for a split bowl?

hack job
02-20-2003, 08:28 AM
hey randy he s doing the same thing to mine , but snce my bowl allready had detail work it just made since to have him do the conversion and not spend the money again to the new bowl. i was looking at the aggressor 9 vien bowl. it would have needed some love from jack to make it any good. the casting is real rough.
any how did you see mine in there , when you got yours?
i am having him do some other stuff too. like cut down to a "b" and ride plate and shoe. then set the intake back a little futher. wink
, i cant wait to get mine back , cause yours looks killer! :D wink

cyclone
02-20-2003, 08:44 AM
very nice randy!

Mohavekid
02-20-2003, 08:45 AM
Taylorman, the "e" and "c" bowls are the same. The new "e's from Berkeley come with a split bowl.
I never knew you could convert these to a split bowl. I see a project sometime in my future.

Shmoolie
02-20-2003, 08:59 AM
hack job:
hey randy he s doing the same thing to mine , but snce my bowl allready had detail work it just made since to have him do the conversion and not spend the money again to the new bowl. i was looking at the aggressor 9 vien bowl. it would have needed some love from jack to make it any good. the casting is real rough.
any how did you see mine in there , when you got yours?
i am having him do some other stuff too. like cut down to a "b" and ride plate and shoe. then set the intake back a little futher. wink
, i cant wait to get mine back , cause yours looks killer! :D wink Hack Job,
I'm pretty sure I saw your bowl at MPD yesterday.
The end of the bowl had been modified and there was an aluminum ring sitting on it looking like it was about ready to be welded up.

Shmoolie
02-20-2003, 09:50 AM
Here's some more pics from MPD...
I got caught up in a conversation about pumps and jetboat racing and forgot to take pics of the bowl but
here's the impeller and the DPS cav reducer after Jack worked on them.
The impeller is a Dom SS A
http://zippy.funtv.com/impeller-1
http://zippy.funtv.com/impeller-3
http://zippy.funtv.com/impeller-2
Here's the DPS.
http://zippy.funtv.com/DPS-1
http://zippy.funtv.com/DPS-2
[ February 20, 2003, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Shmoolie ]

rivercrazy
02-20-2003, 09:54 AM
Very nice HB! What color are you going to powdercoat it? Blue would be my guess....hehe

HBjet
02-20-2003, 10:18 AM
No Stuffer right now...And I'm going to have it coated blue to match the gauge bezels and the rest of the blue on the boat.
Hack Job, I did see your bowl there, and like Shmoolie said, it was cut and had a collar on it ready for welding.
I also met Shmoolie there too. He has a bad ass 22' Stealth by Ultra. Love those coated headers! MikeF also stopped by too, and I don't think we was surprised to see me there.
I'm actually going to sell my ride plate with the turn buckles and I'm going with a new plate and cradle. Other plans are a detailed DPS and cut back shoe and a Droop.
HBjet

Shmoolie
02-20-2003, 11:12 AM
HBjet:
Love those coated headers!
HBjet They're your favorite color... :D
It was cool meeting you and MikeF yesterday.
I didn't see you handing out any donuts though, maybe somebody already ate all of them. idea

THE BOSTON SIDEWINDER
02-20-2003, 11:13 AM
IF YOUR SHOE AND RIDE PLATE WOULD FIT MY JG PUMP FOR A 18 FT SIDEWINDER, I MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN BUYING IT...THANKS, BILL.

ChetCapoli
02-20-2003, 02:15 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOO, AHHHHHHH!! WOWOWOWEEE!!!I gotta laugh again....this is too funny, you guys crack me up!. HBJet how can you say that "detailed" DPS inducer(extra cost for detail of course) looks better than the precision billet one?? How can you justify spending $375 on your "C" bowl WITHOUT a stuffer(cost what... $175 extra plus install?) when you can buy a BRAND NEW bowl with stuffer and longer viens that FLOWS MORE WATER for $525.00????? I just dont get it. Then again with all this free advertising you doing maybe it's free for you...hmmmmmmm?????. You are the MPD marketing machine for sure! I cant wait to hear this one.
here to disagree with city hall as always.....
CHET

cyclone
02-20-2003, 02:31 PM
lol. here we go again. wink

hack job
02-20-2003, 02:42 PM
ChetCapoli:
OOOOOOOOOOOOO, AHHHHHHH!! WOWOWOWEEE!!!I gotta laugh again....this is too funny, you guys crack me up!. HBJet how can you say that "detailed" DPS inducer(extra cost for detail of course) looks better than the precision billet one?? How can you justify spending $375 on your "C" bowl WITHOUT a stuffer(cost what... $175 extra plus install?) when you can buy a BRAND NEW bowl with stuffer and longer viens that FLOWS MORE WATER for $525.00????? I just dont get it. Then again with all this free advertising you doing maybe it's free for you...hmmmmmmm?????. You are the MPD marketing machine for sure! I cant wait to hear this one.
here to disagree with city hall as always.....
CHET what bowl would that be that you can get for 525 ?(aggressor ) and you forget that most of us that use mpd also have a bowl that is detailed. so then you have to through that cost on top of the bowl price ( now it starts to add up)
Jack dosent need advertiseing his work sells it self.

HBjet
02-20-2003, 02:49 PM
Chet
http://www.kutha.com/weirdscience/pictures/images/blob.jpg
Now why exactly do I need a stuffer? I don't have a race boat, and if you want to pay for it, I'll get one. Remember my main reason for doing this was to SAVE money. Also, I would hate to buy a new bowl and then have to spend a lot of money just to make the thing nice when my current bowl already had some work done to it, and all of the other detailing was included in my price of $375. So, let's re-write what you are really saying. Spend 50 bucks less on a bowl that needs some work to be as nice as my converted one and has a stuffer that doesn't work as good as MPD's. So, again, I'm spending more money Chet. Relax!
BTW, I have posted photos of my converted bowl, can you post a photo of your Aggressor setup? Damn, can you post anything you have? You sure talk a lot about other peoples setups and how they need to be one way or another, but can't nut up and post yours for all of us to see.
What's wrong, Chicken?
As for the Inducer, if you don't like it, stick with your Billet one. If the Billet one is so great, why where you telling me I should get my inducer from Don (The person who invented it) instead of MPD, now your saying get one from Precision. Let me as you Chet, how many people are running the Billet? How many people like them?
HBjet

HBjet
02-20-2003, 02:52 PM
Oh, and another thing, I'm not getting any deals from MPD I can assure you of that. One thing though, you do get what you pay for and I'm happy to pay what I do.
HBjet

HBjet
02-20-2003, 03:07 PM
Do you mean this Billet Inducer?
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/2BladeInducer.JPG
HBjet

cyclone
02-20-2003, 03:33 PM
"How about a nice greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray?" lol

miller19j
02-20-2003, 03:34 PM
HBjet:
HBjet It may be the picture but that looks like a cast part is it really machined from a billet?
(Not wanting to start $hit just curious)

HBjet
02-20-2003, 03:43 PM
miller19j:
It may be the picture but that looks like a cast part is it really machined from a billet?Let me just say this is what was sold from Precision "as" a billet inducer! But you be the judge. Oh, and this is there first type of inducer they started selling.
HBjet

HBjet
02-20-2003, 03:43 PM
Chet in the morning! (http://161.58.5.90/weird/cheteggs.wav)
HBjet

cyclone
02-20-2003, 03:48 PM
lol@dickweed.

TopCat
02-20-2003, 03:50 PM
miller19j:
HBjet:
HBjet It may be the picture but that looks like a cast part is it really machined from a billet?
(Not wanting to start $hit just curious)

TopCat
02-20-2003, 03:54 PM
miller19j:
HBjet:
(Not wanting to start $hit just curious) that picture is of a cast inducer/billet inducers break looks completely different

HBjet
02-20-2003, 04:03 PM
TopCat:
that picture is of a cast inducer/billet inducers break looks completely different Like I said, that was purchased from Precision Jet Drives as their "Billet" Inducer!
And Chet want's me to spend money with them...Come on Chet!
HBjet

miller19j
02-20-2003, 04:04 PM
I know that Chet seems to have a problem with MPD, why I have no idea. But who does he recommend?
Chet,
I do my own pump work so I am pretty impartial here I am just trying to figure out where you are coming from and why you insist on bashing MPD’s work and HB?

TopCat
02-20-2003, 04:12 PM
miller19j:
I know that Chet seems to have a problem with MPD, why I have no idea. But who does he recommend?
Chet,
I do my own pump work so I am pretty impartial here I am just trying to figure out where you are coming from and why you insist on bashing MPD’s work and HB? Thats a good Question!!!!!!does someone have an answer...(preferably Chet)

sidewound
02-20-2003, 04:20 PM
ROCK ON,
I have conferred with my sources at the international metalurgical masters of metal society, and they can't make hide nor hare of the photo after extensive analogy.
Then I sent the file to a confidant of mine (HEHEHE) at N.A.S.A. He secretly downloaded the image into real time and then into future time. Wow that was cool. Made my head spin. But alas after futuristic microspecograms and the taste test they couldn't give me any information on the composite of the metals used in this peice.
Hence I must use my own primative skills of sight to make a judgement.
I Quote, "To me looks like some cheap peice of cast sold as billet." Am I close?
Peace Man
CESAR

Jake W
02-20-2003, 06:54 PM
Come on Chet you have to admit that conversion is pretty trick.It is a C bowl so it is the best flowing bowl why not put it up to its potentiol(sp)so it can accept droops wedges.HBjet I think you made a good decision.Hey any one want to trade a C conversion for a MPD flowed and stuffed Aggressor?JK, But you know I really am half serious.I have a G bowl too I really would trade it for one.Jake
[ February 20, 2003, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Jake W ]

wsuwrhr
02-20-2003, 07:13 PM
The industry sometimes calls RAW blocks of material an ingot or billet. Unfortunately this carries off to incorrectly calling a raw casted part a billet. Sad to say but true.
Brian

ChetCapoli
02-20-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by HBjet:
Now why exactly do I need a stuffer? I don't have a race boat, and if you want to pay for it, I'll get one. Remember my main reason for doing this was to SAVE money.GOD...where to begin here....holy shit. SAVE MONEY???? YOU??? WHAT DO YOU CARE ABOUT SAVING MONEY ANYWAYS??? What is that $375 special going to gain for you mph wise over a used JG bowl even with flowork???(for instance, no aggressor yet, i'll get to that in a minute) Yes it's nice work for sure....but it still is $375 f$#@!in dollars too. IT SHOULD BE NICE, YOU PAID HEFTY FOR IT!!
Also, I would hate to buy a new bowl and then have to spend a lot of money just to make the thing nice when my current bowl already had some work done to it, and all of the other detailing was included in my price of $375.So tell me... are you saying an aggressor bowl is not nice from the factory?? I GOTTA HEAR THIS ONE.
So, let's re-write what you are really saying. Spend 50 bucks less on a bowl that needs some work to be as nice as my converted one and has a stuffer that doesn't work as good as MPD's. So, again, I'm spending more money Chet. That's not what i'm saying hb...what are you saying?? Are you comparing what i think you are??? Lets add it up.
BERKELEY JG USED: price $150 to $250...add mpd flow work $150...add stuffer $175+inst...flow cone..$25est...total: $500/$600 but lacks longer exit viens which are included in bowls below.****(sale of used JC bowl $100)**** NEW TOTAL: $400/$500.00
AGGRESSOR: includes following...1)longer viens front+rear...2)stuffer...3)flow cone...4)extra vein(improves harmonics?)5)flows more CFM of water than berk. total: $525.00
BERK JC/JG conv: $375 includes longer exit viens,flow work and JG options...add MPD stuffer $175+inst...flow cone $25est...total: $575.00+ but lacks longer viens on inside of bowl(incl aggressor)
Seems to me HB your option is the least cost effective of the 3 presented as you can see above... if i have missed something, feel free to add. :D
Damn, can you post anything you have? You sure talk a lot about other peoples setups and how they need to be one way or another, but can't nut up and post yours for all of us to see.
What's wrong, Chicken?no hb i'm not chicken, when i get time i'll get some pics. I just cant find them right now. If i can't find mine i'll get some others from someone else who does. I dont know how to anyways..i have to get someone else to post them. What's easy for you takes time for me but if it helps prove my point you know i'll be all over it. BTW, Where do i tell "people" aside from you how to do things anyways?? I talk about your setup only because you are so one sided and just an MPD marketing machine and it never stops...like you want the whole world to know for some reason. I dont believe its just you being a nice guy. There more to it. That "billet" inducer is another example...i know what your getting at there and it's just bullshit plain and simple. That's why you wont tell me where that broken reducer pic came from.
Let me as you Chet, how many people are running the Billet? How many people like them?
HBjet You would know better than I HB...so tell me? You OBVIOUSLY have a problem with the precision one which i have in my pump btw. What's the problem?? That pic you show above came out of a race boat...but were not talking about "race" boats here only "lake" boats aren't we HB???

ChetCapoli
02-20-2003, 10:08 PM
HBjet:
Like I said, that was purchased from Precision Jet Drives as their "Billet" Inducer!
And Chet want's me to spend money with them...Come on Chet!
HBjet SO WHAT IS THE STORY BEHIND IT HB??? I"M LISTENING. Your obviously trying to say that if you buy the precision one you are making a mistake....but WHY?? Like your little motor is going to break something like that...Come on HB!! YOU GOT BULLSHIT MY FRIEND!! Just another marketing strategy i'm sure. Maybe aggressor and precision buy their product at the same place eh?? LMAO!!
[ February 20, 2003, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

ChetCapoli
02-20-2003, 10:27 PM
Jake W:
Come on Chet you have to admit that conversion is pretty trick.
.Jake yes jake it's very trick(for the $$$ it should be) but what performance gain for the money spent, if any, will you see out of it as compared to a normal JG or....??? Think you'll hit 87 with it HB??? Your gonna try i'm sure......just to get at me. LMAO!!
CHET

HBjet
02-20-2003, 10:47 PM
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/28Chet.jpg I don't know what boat that inducer came out of, or what kind of power is pushing it. I'm simply saying that inducer was sold from Precision Jet Drives as a BILLET one, but we can see it sure doesn't look BILLET with the broken blade now does it! If you didn't get the point I was trying to make, well then your not gonna get much.
ChetCapoli:
What is that $375 special going to gain for you mph wise over a used JG bowl even with flowork???Nothing except more money in my pocket. For me to buy a used JG bowl and have it look like my converted JG, it will cost more then $375. If you dare to prove me wrong, find me a used JG for sale and I will get the exact numbers as to what it would cost to make it look like mine from 2 different shops. I bet you everytime, my bowl converted will cost less.
ChetCapoli:
So tell me... are you saying an aggressor bowl is not nice from the factory??No, it's not!
ChetCapoli:
Lets add it up.
BERKELEY JG USED: price $150 to $250...add mpd flow work $150...add stuffer $175+inst...flow cone..$25est...total: $500/$600 but lacks longer exit viens which are included in bowls below.****(sale of used JC bowl $100)**** NEW TOTAL: $400/$500.00
AGGRESSOR: includes following...1)longer viens front+rear...2)stuffer...3)flow cone...4)extra vein(improves harmonics?)5)flows more CFM of water than berk. total: $525.00
BERK JC/JG conv: $375 includes longer exit viens,flow work and JG options...add MPD stuffer $175+inst...flow cone $25est...total: $575.00+ but lacks longer viens on inside of bowl(incl aggressor)
Seems to me HB your option is the least cost effective of the 3 presented as you can see above... if i have missed something, feel free to add.You did forget something. I don't have a Stuffer installed. As for a performance difference, I won't see/feel one great enough if I had one or not. So you need to remove that from your equation. If I was getting a Stuffer installed, I'd say the cost difference that I paid for was PRICELESS: Knowing I have a Berkeley bowl that flows just as good as an Aggressor or any other bowl for that matter with my boats current setup and knowing it was worked on by one of the best in the business.
ChetCapoli:
no hb i'm not chicken, when i get time i'll get some pics.Hm, sure had the time to make this long post. Why don'tyou be a little more constructive and post some photo's of your bowl, motor, and hull. I have, many times....Funny it seems you can't!
HBjet:
how many people are running the Billet? How many people like them? ChetCapoli:
You would know better than I HB...so tell me? You OBVIOUSLY have a problem with the precision one which i have in my pump btw.If I knew, don't you think I wouldn't have to ask you. You brought up the BILLET inducer and you run one (ironic how you suggest them as the best huh?) So I asked the question and you want me to answer it....Did you go to school boy?
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/28Chet.jpg I want to add a droop to my boat and the only way to do that is with a split bowl. If you refer to the above paragraph on cost, you will see it costs me less then to buy a used, and then have it re-worked when my JC bowl Already had work done to it so why not keep it verses starting all over.
So http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/28Chet.jpg post some photo's of your Pump, Motor, and Hull and we can continue this discussion. Until then, and unitl you can answer some of the other board members questions, stay off line. What you need to be doing is gathering up your photos and posting them here to make your come back! So no more posting! You free time needs to be with your photos.
HBjet

MikeF
02-21-2003, 05:13 AM
Yeah! What he said :D .

Blown 472
02-21-2003, 05:59 AM
How much is this billet inducer?? the reason I ask is to carve that out of a chunck of stainless would cost a pretty penny. :rolleyes:

miller19j
02-21-2003, 08:01 AM
miller19j:
Chet,
I do my own pump work so I am pretty impartial here I am just trying to figure out where you are coming from and why you insist on bashing MPD’s work and HB? Chet,
This is a pretty simple question and I would really like to know your answer. Can you take a minute away from bashing HB and answer it?

Jordy
02-21-2003, 10:17 AM
RiverDave:
Price = Case of coorslight.
RD RD=Beer *****. :D :D :D

HotHallet
02-21-2003, 10:35 AM
HB- Congrats on converting your bowl. I too am running a "C" bowl on my boat and have had no troubles with it but I am depressed that I can't run a droop. Fill me in on costs for this conversion via PM or give me a call (310) 344-2555.
Thanks, Travis

ChetCapoli
02-21-2003, 09:41 PM
miller19j:
I do my own pump work so I am pretty impartial here I am just trying to figure out where you are coming from and why you insist on bashing MPD’s work and HB? sure miller..i'll answer no problem. First though...WHERE do i bash anything regarding MPD's work or anything about them?? SHOW ME WHERE AND WHAT POST I DID. Fact is i NEVER HAVE ONCE. HBjet is a seperate matter all together. As i have said before there are alot of great pump guys around not just one. They should be mentioned. By the looks of it here you would NEVER know it. HBjet is a marketing machine and i bash him because he is narrow minded in not wanting to try various parts on his ride. "It's all been tested and thats all you need to know" and "why question a great pump builder" is his war cry but the results are kept secret for some reason. WHY IS THAT?? This bowl conversion for example, this was are original tiff over 2 years ago. Why not just buy a split bowl?? What bang for his buck is he getting over just buying a used split bowl/newer design bowl to begin with?? He can't even answer that either. Furthermore, he just cant post a pic of his bowl...he has to post several...at different angles....upside down and backwards. Tell me what is his point?? Seems to me he is trying to sell it. It was enough to get that BOSTON guy to ask for mpd info. Of course at the blink of an eye HBJet is ALL OVER IT...name, address, phone #, website link...etc..etc..christ man! ENOUGH IT ENOUGH.
Hope that answers your question. :D
CHET

timitunnel
02-21-2003, 11:02 PM
Does anyone know of some one who does this kind of work in southern Idaho?

miller19j
02-22-2003, 02:35 PM
Chet,
It does answer my question. I completely understand where you are coming from. But I think that you have it wrong as far as HB’s relationship with MPD. I think that Randy is just happy with the work that MPD has done for him, and happy to share the results with us via the boards. I am sure that there are other pump builders out there that’s work is as good or better than MPD. But Randy has had what he believes as good results with MPD and you can’t blame him for wanting to share them.
Like I said before I do my own Pump work so I am pretty impartial here. But I posted several pictures of my rebuilding from many different angles just to relay the info to the people on the boards. I will make no money from that I was just sharing my experiences with others. So if they decided to rebuild their pumps themselves they would have some information.
Just for the record you would you recommend over MPD?

77charger
02-22-2003, 02:47 PM
miller19j:
Chet,
Just for the record you would you recommend over MPD? that is chets problem he cant post a number or a name of someone while other people like hb jet,flat broke,hack job,myself,or anybody one else who has had good experience and expected results from MPD do.
All chet has to do is recomend someone not bash MPD.Besides chet is 87 all you got?that aint much there buddy for all 565 of bbc and that agrressor stuff there? A friend from work has more with only 468 ci and berk mpd combo? and i'll have more :D :D

HBjet
02-22-2003, 04:37 PM
The bottom line is http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/28Chet.jpg only picked his Aggressor bowl for one reason. Cost! It costs less then any other new split bowl out there. I talk to my pump builder if there was a difference between converting my JC (which had some work already done to it) to a JG verses buying a new bowl. His answer was no. You will not feel any performance difference. So that is why I decided to keep my JC which I already had some work done to it and convert it. http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/28Chet.jpg however thinks I should have bought a new bowl, or just a used JG and start all over again with the detail work. Why? I have no F'ing clue.
What http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/28Chet.jpg doesn't realize is a lot of jet boaters on this board live in Southern California. And a lot of those boaters go to MPD. Why? Because he is that good. Yes, people also use GS Marine, Tom Papp, and others in California too. If someone asks who should I take my pump to, I'm going to recommend my shop. I don't get any kick downs, and I'm not in the Marketing business. He is just that good. http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/28Chet.jpg thinks I should recommend other shops when I haven't done any business with them, and he thinks I should because I could be missing out on something with MPD. Well, I'm not going to ship my pump half way across the US when I'm very happy with a builder right here. What http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/28Chet.jpg doesn't realize is boaters on the east do ship there pumps to MPD which is on the West. Why? Because he is that good. http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/28Chet.jpg argues that MPD doesn't have an 800 number and these other shops do, so that shows you they care about the customer and want to help and save them money. Well, something he also forgot to realize, these other builders promote parts sales. They have a showroom with parts, and they run specials, and they advertise. MPD has none of that. They don't have a showroom, they don't have an add in the back of Hot Boat, and they don't promote parts sales. What you get from MPD is 30 years of experience when you drop off your pump. So why would I guestion Jacks judgment? I wouldn't....but our buddy http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/28Chet.jpg sure does without even talking to him.
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/28Chet.jpg, I'm sure your a decent guy to have a few beers with or whatever, but your never going to be happy with anything I do, no matter what. For some reason, it really bothers you that I can spend money if I want to on something I want which may be something you would never look twice at. Let's face it, you just don't have the money to spend, and your upset that I do.
HBjet

Jetmugg
02-22-2003, 06:59 PM
I just wanted to weigh in on the "Billet" vs "Cast" debate. I am a metallurgist, although I don't work at the metallurgical masters clinic listed above. LOL. The debate about the terms "billet" and "cast" is mostly about semantics. Virtually all manufactured metal products are cast from the liquid state. At some stage in the process, liquid metal is poured into some kind of mold where the metal solidifies. This is called casting. Unless metallic materials are deposited electrolytically, they are cast. This means that billets, slabs, coils, strips, etc. of virtually all comercially available metals are "Cast". That goes for steel cranks, forged pistons, sheet steel, etc. They have all been cast at some stage in the process. This is just a metallurgical definition, not any kind of endorsement for one type of processing over another.
Steve

77charger
02-22-2003, 09:03 PM
randy i think you forgot to mention that mpd can also get you any jet pump part or related part(cables,throttles,etc) if you need it even though he doesnt have a showroom and can do at a very good price all you have to do is ask.Maybe that will make chet happy argue

jweeks123
02-22-2003, 10:08 PM
jetmugg, what is the process that produces metal bar stock (round, square, flat, etc.)? Thay aren't cast that way, are they?
jw

miller19j
02-23-2003, 10:30 AM
jweeks123:
jetmugg, what is the process that produces metal bar stock (round, square, flat, etc.)? Thay aren't cast that way, are they?
jw Most of those shapes are extruded.

bp
02-23-2003, 10:34 AM
hb, that bowl looks awesome. it looks just like mine except longer :) too bad you don't have pics of a new aggressor to compare with it. 'course, it would have to be that $525, out of the box special that chet keeps raving about to make the cost/craftsmanship comparison realistic.

Jake W
02-23-2003, 01:38 PM
Hear you go Chet BP drags a Southwind tunnel dragster with a BERK pump set up by MPD and I think its over 100 MPH speakes for its self.not to mention these boats are hard to set up as I under stand.BP love the Tunnel Dragster.Jake

Jetmugg
02-23-2003, 03:18 PM
Regarding the flat stock, rectangular stock, round bars, etc., none of the steel shapes are extruded. It is almost impossible to extrude a steel shape. Extrusion is practical and popular for aluminum, but not steel. These shapes are not cast directly into the finished shapes. Some shapes are continuously cast, however. The most common processing for these shapes is being hot rolled or slit from previously cast slabs, rounds, ingots or billets. All important engineering metals are processed as a molten liquid at some stage. In the case of slabs, which when continuously cast, come from a heat of steel weighing up to 250 tons, liquid steel is poured into a tundish and then through a water cooled mold into a continous caster. The caster consists of many small water cooled rolls in the hot end of the mill. When the steel exits the caster, it is solidified but still very hot (roughly 2000F). From there, it can be cut into smaller pieces (20 tons or so), and then rolled into sheet, plate, strip, I beams, or whatever final shape is desired.
Rod mills ( to make round stock) are a little different, in that the cast steel usually is cast into blooms, rounds, or billets for further reduction.
I'm just trying to pass along a little metal processing knowledge. Virtually all metals are cast at some stage of their processing.
Steve.

Jake W
02-23-2003, 06:19 PM
Steve hear is a guestion for you there is hot roll and cold roll steal.Cold roll is stronger but will break And hot roll is weaker but will bend instead of break.so what is the diffrence in making these?Thanks Steve how do you want to do the trade thing.Jake

ChetCapoli
02-23-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by HBjet:
The bottom line is CHET only picked his Aggressor bowl for one reason. Cost! It costs less then any other new split bowl out there.Alright hb...cost was a factor and AS I TOLD you i looked at the other bowls side by side. You said COST is important to you too my friend dont forget(It's important to most people here blockhead).Everything you have done to your bowl is already done to an aggressor. Why cant you get that fact. Even a dominator bowl is better. You paid 375 for all that work PLUS what you paid originally to have it flowed WHICH WAS HOW MUCH $150.00????? What does that add up to be HB?? Now you come here and compare YOUR BOWL to a NEW BOWL. Why?? You forget i mentioned a used JG can be had for $150 to $250 lets say. I'm sure the latter need less FLOW WORK lets say $100 dollars to make it nice. So that still cheaper than what you have so WHAT IS YOUR POINT HERE?? WHAT PERFORMANCE GAINS WILL YOU SEE WITH YOUR BOWL?? Your man must know with his 30 years experience...so tell us all.
I talk to my pump builder if there was a difference between converting my JC (which had some work already done to it) to a JG verses buying a new bowl.We are not talking about every NEW bowl HB, just one...the one with all the options DONE FACTORY. Obviously, your way is better than buying a new berk bowl for 700bucks. Twist more words why dont ya.
His answer was no. You will not feel any performance difference. So that is why I decided to keep my JC which I already had some work done to it and convert it. Ah...you had some work done to begin with you say....how much did that cost??? Now add it to you recent cost and HOW MUCH DOES THAT ADD UP TO??? It's even more than i originally thought!!
chet however thinks I should have bought a new bowl, or just a used JG and start all over again with the detail work. Why? I have no F'ing clue.COST like you said snowball!
Well, something he also forgot to realize, these other builders promote parts sales. They have a showroom with parts, and they run specials, and they advertise. MPD has none of that.Here we go...what does this have to do with anything HB??? Your man promotes what makes him MONEY! PERIOD. If he makes more money fixing an old impeller or old bowl over selling a new one that great god bless him! It's all about making money and he found a way into your pockets DEEP. Time will tell how much faster you go versus money spent. Maybe even faster than 87mph..which i'm sure had a BIG influence in your choices! :D
For some reason, it really bothers you that I can spend money if I want to on something I want which may be something you would never look twice at. Let's face it, you just don't have the money to spend, and your upset that I do.Here we go with the snowball shit..what does this have to do with you being the mpd marketeer that you are??? With all the other new technology out there why would i look twice at that bowl conversion?? It's plain foolish. Yes it looks great but HOW MUCH FASTER are you going to go with it over a used $250 JG bowl in excellent condition???? THAT IS THE QUESTION HB SO ANSWER IT. I'm sure you man told you. i'm listening.
FYI, I have the money but i choose to spend it on new technology instead of old stuff your man charges you to make new. It's like for example, using a set of cast iron chev heads and having them ported with bigger valves and all that shit instead of buying a set of new dart 320's. Same thing. The builder is going to make the most money making the old heads do what the new heads already do. Face the facts and wake up, smell the coffee "school boy".
CHET
[ February 23, 2003, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

ChetCapoli
02-23-2003, 10:11 PM
Jake W:
Hear you go Chet BP drags a Southwind tunnel dragster with a BERK pump set up by MPD and I think its over 100 MPH speakes for its self. Your point is jake??? Here's a newsflash for ya....850hp and a tunnel SHOULD run WELL over 100. What did it run with the "other" type parts is the question. Maybe HBjet knows???
CHET

BIGAMIST
02-23-2003, 10:13 PM
Chet why are you such a DICK?

ChetCapoli
02-23-2003, 10:14 PM
[ February 23, 2003, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

Jake W
02-23-2003, 10:58 PM
Chet my point is Berk parts work well when set up right and Aggressor parts work well when set up right.Buying a Aggressor bowl is not going to make your pump bullet proof.And if I started out with C berk bowl and could get it converted for 375 or what ever it was I would not think twice about it.And the castings do not look that great factory from Aggressor.So why not convert it and have it cleaned up at the same time for 525.You are still ahead of the game because for an Aggressor it would be lets say 500 for the bowl and 150 to flow it adds up to 650.So that is 125 more than the conversion with flow.Dude listen I have an Aggressor it is nice especialy now with the MPD flow work on it.But I would not do it agine.I bought a G bowl from HTP for 250 and it came with the cradeland new bushings to use on the new project.That kind of deal does not allways come around.these are just my thoughts that is all, nothing more and nothing less.Jake

HBjet
02-23-2003, 11:11 PM
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/28Chet.jpg why do you care how much I spend? Also, get all the new bowls out there, stock, out of the box, you will not "FEEL" a performance difference. Period! You take a completely detailed and flowed bowl, and any other stock new bowl, and you will "FEEL" a performance difference. You have to also realize my total cost is spread across 2+ years, verses a one time purchase. So all this cost justification your throwing out there just makes you sound even more stupid.
Cost of the JC bowl in 1999: $0.00 (because it was included in the purchase of the boat)
Cost of detailing the front of the JC bowl in 2000: $100.00
Cost to convert my JC to JG and having a completely detailed and flowed bowl in 2003: $375.00
Total cost for HBjet over 4 years: $475.00
To buy the cheapest out of the box bowl that still won't flow as good: $525.00
So how do you figure that http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/28Chet.jpg?
As far as New Technology http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/28Chet.jpg, let's just point out the fact that your still running 87mph with 700hp and I ran 80 with 425hp. The bottom design of my hull was first tooled in 74' and it's never been blueprinted or detailed, ever. On the other hand, your boat has just been blueprinted, and has had major bottom changes to make the hull run faster with all that power your making, but your still stuck in the slow lane (for that power your making) Now, how that relates to pumps is, don't believe that just because it's the latest thing out, it's really the best.
Hey, why the hell are you posting? Get back to posting photo's before you post anymore messages of crap.
I'm calling you out http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/28Chet.jpg Post some photos of your boat, motor, and pump. You are talking so much smack, lets see what your setup/test bed looks like. You can contact ***boat Admin for help on posting. Also, I challenged you to a bet. You find me a really good used JG bowl, and I'll get the numbers from 2 different shops on detailing them to make them look like my bowl does now, and I will have the less exspensive bowl. Everytime!
So, post your photos before you post anymore....if you have time to post long boring replys, you have enough time to post some photo's of your pile of resin and cloth covered by gel.
HBjet

LVjetboy
02-24-2003, 03:20 AM
Hey Chet, if I run over 87 with 700 hp can I bag on you too? :D

Jetmugg
02-24-2003, 09:47 AM
Jake:
The difference between hot rolled and cold rolled is that C.R. undergoes additional processing that H.R. does not. All of this kind of material is hot rolled to begin with. If you buy "hot rolled" steel, it is in this condition. Cold rolled steel starts with hot rolled, and then adds the cold rolling process (performed at room temperature). Cold rolling typically also involves some additional heat treatment. This cold rolling operation adds strength and increased hardness to the steel. This is the reason why hot rolled steel is softer, weaker, but more ductile than cold rolled steel. Cold rolled steel is harder, stronger, but less ductile.
I'll e-mail you privately regarding the swap. Are you planning one of the JC to JG conversions? My buddy is going to KC this friday if that helps.
Steve.

77charger
02-24-2003, 05:06 PM
heres one chet you give hb jet all this crap about the aggressor bowl having all the work done and how he has to put money into his bowl and the end result is very little improvement .then why the hell did you spend more on an aggressor bowl when you could have had a used berk bowl for 150-250?
you would have saved money right if the difference would not been noticed in performance right?
or did it make you get one more MPH :D

bp
02-24-2003, 05:32 PM
jer, just go ahead and start baggin now :cool:
i didn't have 850 last year. just a hare over 800. it went over 100 lottsa times, 108 a couple times, but that doesn't really matter; i just wanna get there quick :) as for what it is now, i ain't talkin' - it's all secret s eek!
i'm still waitin' for a side by side pic of hb's old re-worked bowl next to a bran new, state of the art hi-tech, factory done, aggressor bowl. i'm not trying to bag anything, just curious.

77charger
02-24-2003, 05:51 PM
bp:
jer, just go ahead and start baggin now :cool:
i didn't have 850 last year. just a hare over 800. it went over 100 lottsa times, 108 a couple times, but that doesn't really matter; i just wanna get there quick :) as for what it is now, i ain't talkin' - it's all secret s eek!
i'm still waitin' for a side by side pic of hb's old re-worked bowl next to a bran new, state of the art hi-tech, factory done, aggressor bowl. i'm not trying to bag anything, just curious. hey bp are you runnin the 10.00 class this year?i hear you are the dominant one and if so i like to stay out and do the 9.50 class :)

Hallett19
02-24-2003, 06:28 PM
Dude, let HB do what he wants, he has a setup that works, his boat hauls ass for what it has on it, and it looks great. The best way to prove whatever components you use is a head to head race. I don't konw the whole story between you guys, but it sounds like you guys need to meet up at the BBSP and see what setup works best.

MikeC
02-24-2003, 08:40 PM
I'm confused,
I have an almost stock Berkeley bowl and I run 88mph with under 500hp.....
Oh yea, I have a tunnel hull! But so did the OB I spanked.......
:-)
pig_flyi
Look mom, I can fly!
MikeC

bp
02-24-2003, 09:44 PM
77 we shall attempt to run the 10.00 again. with the air available at ming in 2 weeks, i'll be trying to reign it in.
hows that flatbottom thing comin? is it ready for the first race?

77charger
02-24-2003, 10:10 PM
bp:
77 we shall attempt to run the 10.00 again. with the air available at ming in 2 weeks, i'll be trying to reign it in.
hows that flatbottom thing comin? is it ready for the first race? check pms

ChetCapoli
02-24-2003, 10:11 PM
HBjet
You have to also realize my total cost is spread across 2+ years, verses a one time purchase. So all this cost justification your throwing out there just makes you sound even more stupid.More snowball horseshit!!
Cost of the JC bowl in 1999: $0.00 (because it was included in the purchase of the boat)
Cost of detailing the front of the JC bowl in 2000: $100.00
Cost to convert my JC to JG and having a completely detailed and flowed bowl in 2003: $375.00
Total cost for HBjet over 4 years: $475.00
To buy the cheapest out of the box bowl that still won't flow as good: $525.00Do you have numbers to say it wont flow as good??? So you have $475 in this bowl(without a stuffer now dont forget) and you can get a NEW BOWL with stuffer for $525 AND you can get a used JG bowl for $250(like jake did,his has stuffer...btw, someone else here got one for $150 and i cant think who it is right now) and have it flowed for $100. SO HOW MUCH BETTER IS YOUR BOWL GOING TO BE OVER THE OTHERS HB???
let's just point out the fact that your still running 87mph with 700hp and I ran 80 with 425hp. The bottom design of my hull was first tooled in 74' and it's never been blueprinted or detailed, ever. On the other hand, your boat has just been blueprinted, and has had major bottom changes to make the hull run faster with all that power your making, but your still stuck in the slow lane (for that power your making) Now, how that relates to pumps is, don't believe that just because it's the latest thing out, it's really the best.Listen HB, your hull design ran 109mph at one time with 500ci...your hull is one of if not the fastest v hull made ever so you CAN NOT compare it to mine. Mine was passed on by 3 different owners because they could not get it to run PERIOD. It was just another production(slow) jetboat made in the day. It's like apples and oranges when compared to yours and should not be compared. Dont give me the 700 to 400hp horseshit ok! I'm running 5500 and you are running 5200 and that's all that matters at this point. Your boat will run 100 with my motor in it and that is pretty much a FACT! Quit the word twisting. Put the "brand X" bowl and your boat and see what it does...it will end this soap opera real quick.
Also, I challenged you to a bet. You find me a really good used JG bowl, and I'll get the numbers from 2 different shops on detailing them to make them look like my bowl does now, and I will have the less exspensive bowl. Everytime!Jake has one and i'm sure he will help you out. You are just so convinced you made the best choice...GOD BLESS YOU HB. Until you try the other two bowls on your boat you NEVER WILL KNOW for sure.
CHET

77charger
02-24-2003, 10:17 PM
MikeC:
I'm confused,
I have an almost stock Berkeley bowl and I run 88mph with under 500hp.....
Oh yea, I have a tunnel hull! But so did the OB I spanked.......
:-)
pig_flyi
Look mom, I can fly!
MikeC hey mike do you know how much more mph you get with 300 more hp :) get that nos on now :)

MikeF
02-25-2003, 09:26 PM
ChetCapoli:
[QUOTE]Listen HB, your hull design ran 109mph at one time with 500ciSymantics.....It was a two way average of 109 (107/111). Jeff Bennett told me it went 115+ in the 1/4mi :D . It was powered by a 498 BBC wink .

UtlGoa
02-27-2003, 03:00 PM
Ok, after all this slamming! Does anyone have a phone number or web page for MPD? I'd like to check into getting my bowl done.

Windy
02-27-2003, 08:50 PM
Here you go...
http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure/

HBjet
02-28-2003, 12:14 AM
RiverDave:
In all this bantering I guess HBJet missed my offer to make him a billet "stuffer" for a case of beer.I guess I did.....We can talk about it at the River next weekend! I'll bring the beer :D
HBjet

ChetCapoli
02-28-2003, 07:47 PM
MikeF:
Symantics.....It was a two way average of 109 (107/111). Jeff Bennett told me it went 115+ in the 1/4mi :D . It was powered by a 498 BBC wink . See HB i was close...and how would I know this other than speaking with the man himself?? 115mph with your same hull. Anyone know how much HP it took to do this?? To think you make it sound HB as if YOUR HULL is not the biggest part to you running 83 with 400hp. No 'majic" trick there. Btw hb, are you going to get good ol jake to lend you his bowl for our "price quote" bet?? I'm sure he'll be up for another bowl massage...maybe even a conversion! :D
CHET

Jake W
02-28-2003, 08:06 PM
Chet Retlentless brotha.I would sell my G bowl if some one wants to buy it I have a C bowl comming in a good guy trade thing.I would like to get it converted .But I am keeping the cradel off it.It is striped down and ready to be sanded and polished new bussings new seal and a alum flow cone and new plastic cone.It has been detailed a little and is dubble drilled.It is a 76 bowl.If not I will keep it and get the c bowl done this summer.Jake

ChetCapoli
03-01-2003, 11:52 AM
Jake W:
I have a C bowl comming in a good guy trade thing.I would like to get it converted ..Jake ok jake, lets see here...you have 2 good bowls now, let me ask ya what are you going to gain over the other two with that conversion?? Is money burning a hole in your pocket or what?
relentless chet

HBjet
03-03-2003, 06:59 PM
Well, it's all coated now!
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/20DSCN8521-med.JPG
234k Image (http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/20DSCN8521.JPG)
I bet there is another coating Chet would have used that is not only better, stronger, and will last longer, but it will cost less and is newer coating technology...
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/20DSCN8524-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/20DSCN8525-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/20DSCN8530-med.JPG\
And now with the Flash!
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/20DSCN8520-med.JPG
234k Image (http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/20DSCN8520.JPG)
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/20DSCN8531-med.JPG
Anyways...I got everything coated at Eddie Marine in there Blue to match all of my other EM blue in the boat. The last thing I have to coat is the droop, but I'm not sure which one I will end up with until the pump is installed in the boat. Once I know, it will get sent out for coating and then installed.
HBjet

MikeC
03-03-2003, 07:05 PM
Jeezzz HB! Only one word I can think of to discripe such a sweet site!
EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE!
It's gonna hurt sooo bad when and if it ever gets a scratch!
Awsome,

ChetCapoli
03-03-2003, 07:55 PM
HBjet:
Well, it's all coated now!
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/20DSCN8521-med.JPG
234k Image (http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/20DSCN8521.JPG)
HBjet Hb i'm amazed jack didnt do that for ya...you actually used someone else?..shame on you! :D
Here's another one for you to chew on HB, if you put that side by side to a dominator or A/T bowl i'd be willing to bet you couldnt tell them apart. I bet they flow just as good if not better as a more sensible alternative to your deal. I'd go so far as willing to bet you could find one used too(your man maybe?). You see alot more dominator bowls on race boats than you do a JC right?? You've been pissin your pants over this deal for so long you never looked into it did ya?
Food for thought and always fighting HBcity hall..
CHET
[ March 03, 2003, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

HOSS
03-03-2003, 08:21 PM
That is awsome dude. I am looking to have mine done. Do you have a # to call. I will obviously have to ship mine to him. I too don`t want to waste the cash on a JG then get it worked. 375.00? Money in the bank!

beached 1
03-03-2003, 08:52 PM
Shit Randy, that looks sweet bro!
BTW,
Just dropped off my JC and a box of day olds at MPD today. :)

HBjet
03-03-2003, 09:20 PM
ChetCapoli:
if you put that side by side to a dominator or A/T bowl i'd be willing to bet you couldnt tell them apart. I bet they flow just as good if not better as a more sensible alternative to your deal. I'd go so far as willing to bet you could find one used too(your man maybe?). You see alot more dominator bowls on race boats than you do a JC right??Um, first off, that bowl is no longer a JC, it's a converted JG bowl, and you can find them on race boats as well.......Winning race boats.
You know, I will see if I can take a photo of my bowl and the others you have mentioned side by side....that is if Jack doesn't mind.
So, your now recommending Dom, or AT.....Your too much........I swear, you will recommend ANYTHING before a converted JG won't ya? You have to remember, I DID NOT got out, buy a JC to have it converted to a JG......you seem to keep forgetting my boat came with a JC. So, why would I just not use my already worked on JC and convert it so I'm not starting all over again spending more money on buying a used split AT, Dom, Agg, Legend, Berk....and then having it completely detailed all over. It would cost me more money and there is no other way to look at it. I will say, if I had a hull and I needed a pump and I was buying parts piece by piece, yes, I would be looking for only used split bowls, not JC's to convert. Jeez!
Everyone, thanks! I can't wait to see the pump all together and in the boat...
HBjet

Jake W
03-03-2003, 10:04 PM
Chet Chet chet what does it matter what I do with my money?We are talking about selling a used bowl to get a nother used bowl done I did not pay any thing for the C bowl I have.I look at it like, this service might not allways be around and I would like one.I use to think this HBjet thing was all in fun but now I belive you have a MPD complex.Give it a rest Chet well all know you would go to the end of the world to find something to use other than a converted C bowl.HBjet the powtercoating looks killer.Jake

cyclone
03-03-2003, 10:41 PM
ooh that is purty HB. much better than the ugly home depot paint that the bowl was painted with before. hee hee. How was the race?

HOSS
03-04-2003, 06:07 AM
I need a number to MPD. Is this the correct name. Address maybe. I can look it up then. I`ve seen ya`ll talk about MPD and Jack if I`m correct. I want to convert my JC. What an awsome idea. Saves me bucks to put a wedge or droop. I don`t really care if these units aren`t very popular with racing. My boat won`t ever be racing. At least as long as I own it. I like to cruise.

Shmoolie
03-04-2003, 10:16 AM
Damn that turned out sweet!!!
I just may have to get my pump powder coated to match my boat now... :D
Here ya go HOSS: 949-631-2040

HOSS
03-04-2003, 11:36 AM
Thanks bro.

ChetCapoli
03-04-2003, 08:07 PM
HBjet
Um, first off, that bowl is no longer a JC, it's a converted JG bowl, and you can find them on race boats as well.......Winning race boats.Yes hb...i know it's no longer a jc bowl. It was just a statement that you SNOWBALL as usual to twist words. Yes hb....i knew you would say "winning race boats"...i cant seem to find any pictures on the net with this bowl on "winning raceboats" though. With your endless library of pics, care to show me?
You know, I will see if I can take a photo of my bowl and the others you have mentioned side by side....that is if Jack doesn't mind.I get the feeling your man doesnt mind what you do, its called FREE ADVERTISING and YOU (along with my help of course) are right on the cutting edge of it all. :D Maybe i can get a donut discount?
Now your recommending Dom, or AT.....Your too much........I swear, you will recommend ANYTHING before a converted JG won't ya?
YOUR F$^%IN "A" right partner! If it is CHEAPER and the RESULTS ARE GREATER with that bowl over a JG,DOM,A/T,AGGR,then fine, i will stand corrected. Until then, IT's FOOLISH! The bottom line---------> WHAT PERF GAIN ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE OVER A FACTORY SPLIT BOWL OF ANY KIND WORKED OVER OR NOT???????????????????????????????????????
you have to remember, I DID NOT got out, buy a JC to have it converted to a JG......you seem to keep forgetting my boat came with a JC.OK wordtwister, I know you had the bowl to begin with. I DIDNT FORGET. You spent $100 to have it flowed and now $375 for this..with no stuffer. SO now you are at $475. Now buy a JG or a dominator/Turbine(long viens) bowl used for $200-$250 and have it flowed for $100. It can be done right? How much is that HB?? I'm listening.
So, why would I just not use my already worked on JC and convert it so I'm not starting all over again spending more money on buying a used split AT, Dom, Agg, Legend, Berk....and then having it completely detailed all over. It would cost me more money and there is no other way to look at it. HBjet You are UNBELIEVABLE. "Spending more money on a used split bowl"....MORE MONEY WHERE?? Do i have to spoon feed these prices to you or what? I just S-P-E-L-L-E-D it out for you! A used dominator bowl has the same thing you JUST HAD DONE. How much is a used DOMINATOR bowl HB???? No more wordtwisting with comparing your USED worked over bowl to a NEW BOWL. USED VS.USED now k??? To top it all off, you could have sold your used C bowl and has less money invested in a split.
CHET
[ March 04, 2003, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

ChetCapoli
03-04-2003, 08:37 PM
HOSS:
I want to convert my JC. What an awsome idea. Saves me bucks to put a wedge or droop. I don`t really care if these units aren`t very popular with racing. My boat won`t ever be racing. At least as long as I own it. I like to cruise. I gotta ask ya hoss, where are you going to save money with this?? Why not just buy a used G bowl if you "just want to cruise". Good ol jake has one for sale for $250.00, right jake?? :D
CHET

HOSS
03-04-2003, 08:43 PM
Can I trust the used bowl? I runa c impeller. Will the holes be waddled out? My old JC was waddled out. Wish I would have known this before. Spent that on a used JC from GS. Needed nothing though. Just bolt on.
I`m listening.

HBjet
03-04-2003, 11:37 PM
Yours New:
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/20b7a-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/20b7b-med.jpg
Mine Converted:
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/20convbowl003.jpg
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/20convbowl005.jpg
ChetCapoli:
If it is CHEAPER and the RESULTS ARE GREATER with that bowl over a JG,DOM,A/T,AGGR,then fine, i will stand corrected.Well then, it looks like you stand corrected!
BTW, it will cost a lot of money for that Aggressor to look like my converted bowl, on top of what it costs to purchase.
(Mike, thanks for letting me use your bowl for the photos before it gets worked on, and maybe you can share with us how much it's going to cost you to detail/flow it. Ballpark would be fine)
HBjet

Jake W
03-05-2003, 05:48 AM
Na Chet I think I will keep the G and get the C bowl converted just so you can bee in such disbelief.Hoss you talking about the bushings being bad send the bowl in and have a new bushing pressed in.This G bowl is too nice to let go it is dubbled drilled and has new bushings and I have just about got it polished ,has a cradel too and has been flowed some so I think I will let it colecet dust or mabey use it for a step stool.Ha Ha Jake

Blown509Liberator
03-05-2003, 06:40 AM
Hb
Lookin' good.
[ March 05, 2003, 06:41 AM: Message edited by: Blown509Liberator ]

Blown509Liberator
03-05-2003, 06:41 AM
From what I heard 87mph is a little on the generous side.......

HammerDown
03-05-2003, 08:35 AM
HB, the work done on your Bowl looks impressive nice shiny thined vanes and all, and in no way would I ever question Jacks work, I belive he's a great fella and even a pleasure to chat with over the phone...he's done some work for me in the past (intake)...but just wondering if on a lake/river boat w/ moderate power that such work is more or less splitting hairs?...Would there really be, and are you expecting any noticable increase in performance from what you had done vs a current quality stock Bowl? And would'nt such work be more suited for a Monster HP Drag Boat looking to shave ET's at the track.
Just a question/comment...nothing more or less. :) ...and you still have some of the best looking Bow Ornaments eek!
[ March 05, 2003, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

Blown509Liberator
03-05-2003, 09:30 AM
Hey HD
Isn't it like anything else, 2 hp here 5 there and in the long run it all adds up!?

HBjet
03-05-2003, 09:36 AM
HammerDown:
just wondering if on a lake/river boat w/ moderate power that such work is more or less splitting hairs?...Would there really be, and are you expecting any noticable increase in performance from what you had done vs a current quality stock Bowl? And would'nt such work be more suited for a Monster HP Drag Boat looking to shave ET's at the track.Hey, I totally see what you are saying. I'm not saying there is going to be this huge difference, what I'm trying to get across is that fact that a NEW alternative does not match my converted alternative in detail, and cost. That's it. If I had no bowl and had to go out and purchase one, it would not be a JC to convert to a JG. Since I already had a JC which came with the boat, and had some detail work to it already, I decided to convert which included a complete detail resulting in a bowl that looks and flows better then anything NEW out of the box, and I did it for less. That's all I'm trying to say.
I did think the front of the Aggressor bowl look nice for being untouched, but it doesn't compare to a detailed bowl.
HBjet

HammerDown
03-05-2003, 09:38 AM
Blown509Liberator:
Hey HD
Isn't it like anything else, 2 hp here 5 there and in the long run it all adds up!? Very true...My question/comment would be more or less just to the Bowl comparisons above.

HammerDown
03-05-2003, 09:51 AM
HB, new question/comment...if you did'nt have your old Bowl...and were in the market for a new one...(and just tossing in here what you wanted to achieve with your JC Bowl,longer tail/flowed) what would your choice in a new Bowl be?

HBjet
03-05-2003, 10:04 AM
That's a good question, and one I looked at a very long time ago when I first wanted a split bowl. I looked at finding a used Berk and having it worked on, or buying a new Aggressor and I could either have it worked on or just bolt it on and go, or I could have bought a new Legend, but they where too much, or, I could convert my JC which would have all the detail the other bowls would need and would be just a little better then a standard JG from Berk due to the longer, straighter veins.
Now, if I was just looking to buy a split bowl, I'd probably find a used Berk JG and have it detailed. If I was building a new 19' California Performance or something, I would probably have a new Legend built for it completely detailed. If I was selling a boat and the customer wanted a new split bowl installed on it and didn't care what make, but it just needed to be NEW and a Split bowl, I'd buy and Aggressor (costs less) to bolt on for the sale.
I hope your happy because I think that's the answer your looking for.
HBjet
[ March 05, 2003, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

HammerDown
03-05-2003, 10:31 AM
HBjet:
That's a good question, and one I looked at a very long time ago when I first wanted a split bowl. I looked at finding a used Berk and having it worked on, or buying a new Aggressor and I could either have it worked on or just bolt it on and go, or I could have bought a new Legend, but they where too much, or, I could convert my JC which would have all the detail the other bowls would need and would be just a little better then a standard JG from Berk due to the longer, straighter veins.
Now, if I was just looking to buy a split bowl, I'd probably find a used Berk JG and have it detailed. If I was building a new 19' California Performance or something, I would probably have a new Legend built for it completely detailed. If I was selling a boat and the customer wanted a new split bowl installed on it and didn't care what make, but it just needed to be NEW and a Split bowl, I'd buy and Aggressor (costs less) to bolt on for the sale.
I hope your happy because I think that's the answer your looking for.
HBjet Well thanks HB for your concern regarding my happiness, I tend to be a happy,up,positive person, and yes your reply was one I would expect and fitting to my original question...thanks.

HBjet
03-05-2003, 10:44 AM
No Problem.....but I don't think http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/28Chet.jpg would ever be happy with any of my answers....Aggressor or not!
HBjet

ChetCapoli
03-05-2003, 07:02 PM
HammerDown:
HB, just wondering if on a lake/river boat w/ moderate power that such work is more or less splitting hairs?...Would there really be, and are you expecting any noticable increase in performance from what you had done vs a current quality stock Bowl? And would'nt such work be more suited for a Monster HP Drag Boat looking to shave ET's at the track.
Just a question/comment...well well well looky here....see hb buddy, you got another guy asking the same question(A GREAT QUESTION BTW) i have been asking you for the last two years about the rediculous conversion you had done. Must be an east coast/west coast frame of mind eh?? No BS about the cost of your deal vs NEW now k?? THAT IS NOT WHAT WE ARE COMPARING HERE UNDERSTAND? I've been talking about USED JG or USED dominator or USED turbine or USED aggressor. A dominator or turbine bowl(long veins) look the same as your deal(which you have $475 into remember!) and you can buy them used for $250 in good shape right?? Add $100 for you "flow work" (like it will make a difference in a "lake boat") as stated above and what the TOTAL INVESTED??? Again hb, i'm listenin.... I'm a listenin.....i'm a listenin...my buddy....HB.
CHET

ChetCapoli
03-05-2003, 07:23 PM
HBjet:
That's a good question, and one I looked at a very long time ago when I first wanted a split bowl.That is a GREAT question hb, not a good one. You better get your glasses fixed (or get rid of that shiny HBjet rope chain cuz it blinded you)cuz you didnt look very well. I'll say it again, what gain will you see with your bowl over a JG bowl or the others for that matter????
I looked at finding a used Berk and having it worked on, or buying a new Aggressor and I could either have it worked on or just bolt it on and go, or I could have bought a new Legend, but they where too much, or, I could convert my JC which would have all the detail the other bowls would need and would be just a little better then a standard JG from Berk due to the longer, straighter veins. The same veins a dominator,turbine, aggressor all have factory hb??? Those veins?? Guess by what your saying these bowls i just mentioned are better???? I'm listenin hb...
Now, if I was just looking to buy a split bowl, I'd probably find a used Berk JG and have it detailed.Really??? Interesting you say that. Remember now, you could have sold you JC and got something for it too.....another fact you seem to forget.
If I was building a new 19' California Performance or something, I would probably have a new Legend built for it completely detailed.I hear ya hb, from what i see on the net here...there are alot of those boats with that kind of pump in them...got any pics to share of that setup?? All the ones i saw are already SOLD. :p
If I was selling a boat and the customer wanted a new split bowl installed on it and didn't care what make, but it just needed to be NEW and a Split bowl, I'd buy and Aggressor (costs less) to bolt on for the sale.customer eh hb?? You have customers now?? Your not on any payroll though i almost forgot. Wouldnt' it be more cost effecient for ya to just get a JC from the pile and do the "conversion" and have less money in the boat...aka...more money in your pocket and satisfy "your customer" with a "split bowl"?? Very sensible indeed....glad i thought of it.
this is gettin good....where's my popcorn?
CHET

HBjet
03-05-2003, 08:27 PM
ChetCapoli:
No BS about the cost of your deal vs NEW now k?? THAT IS NOT WHAT WE ARE COMPARING HERE UNDERSTAND? I've been talking about USED JG or USED dominator or USED turbine or USED aggressor.Have you gone to the KoKo House?
All of your BullShit started with me recommending a JC to JG conversion to someone and you recommended they buy a NEW Aggressor bowl because it's NEWER technology and it's only a little more then the conversion.
Remember? Or is your head so far up your ass about making sure anything I say isn't as good as your choice you completely lost focus as to what started all of this?
HBjet

HBjet
03-05-2003, 08:35 PM
BTW, if you buy a USED split bowl, it's going to take a lot more then $100 bucks to make it look like this!
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/20convbowl003.jpg
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/20convbowl005.jpg
HBjet

ChetCapoli
03-05-2003, 09:05 PM
HBjet:
All of your BullShit started with me recommending a JC to JG conversion to someone and you recommended they buy a NEW Aggressor bowl because it's NEWER technology and it's only a little more then the conversion.
Remember?
HBjet I remember alot of things you say buddy....its' all BS too btw. For the extra $50 dollars for new bowl or for the $200 less for a used split bowl FACE IT they ARE BOTH BETTER alternatives than what you have.(Yours looks pretty....like you PRETTYBOY. :D UNLESS------------> you have FACTS/NUMBERS to prove otherwise...... THAT IS THE ULTIMATE QUESTION I ASK YOU HBJET!
i'll be waiting......... argue LMAO!!

HBjet
03-06-2003, 02:03 AM
JackHole, if you can compare your new Aggressor with your used Berk by looking at them and say there is a performance difference because you can see it, they why couldn't I compare a New Aggressor and my converted JG just by looking at them? Are your eyes trained to look at things differently then mine? Remember Jackhole, your only basis for comparision is a used, thrashed Berk you had and a NEW Aggressor you purchased.....of course your going to see/feel a performance difference. You said just by looking at the Aggressor, you could tell it was going to run better, even before you tried it. Now, just by looking at my bowl and a stock NEW Aggressor, your saying mine just looks pretty and the Aggressor is still going to run better?
Chet, face it, your a ****ing JOKE!
HBjet