PDA

View Full Version : Camping - Casitas? Rock Creek?

Partycattin
06-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Anyone camp at Casitas? Is it Ghetto? I'm wanting to take my kids for 4 days over Father's day weekend. I've heard that they won't let fishing boats in because of the mussels/snail issue.
Other spot I'm considering is somewhere up around Isabella or going further up to Rock Creek, June lake area. With diesel at $5+ a gallon, not sure I won't to go to far!
Any feedback is appreciated.
My kids are 5 and 9. Hoping to find a place that we can use the fishing boat a couple times and also find some other activities.
Thanks,
PC

Riomouse911
06-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Some friends of mine, Mark and Michelle, own Toms Place which is right on Rock Creek. They have a restaurant/store/bar, and also rent rooms and cabins. If you want to "motel it", their number is 760-935-4239. If Mark or Michelle answer, tell them Eric from the March Invasion suggested that you give them a call about rooms or a cabin. )I don't know if it'll help out, but it can't hurt) We go up there at least once a year, and it's always a good time. Rock Creek lake is a ways up in the mountains, and it's worth the drive for the scenery alone. Fishing is pretty good, and the kids should have a great time.
If you want to tent it, there is a campground at Rock Creek as well, about 3/4 mile up the canyon from Toms. I've never stayed there, but it's pretty well used so I'm sure it's a decent site. Either way it's worth the trip, IMO.

Partycattin
06-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks Rio,
We are looking to tent it this trip. We head up to June lake Loop twice a year and do the cabin/fishing thing. I think the campground near there is East Fork. That might be a good option as it's not to far from the road so we can cruise to Mammoth, Crowley, Bishop or June.
Thanks again for the info.

Al3x
06-05-2008, 07:17 AM
I heard Casitas wont allow any boats on the water, I'd call 1st

Partycattin
06-06-2008, 07:59 AM
I heard Casitas wont allow any boats on the water, I'd call 1st
I checked yesterday and the only way a boat can get on is to go through this quarantine process.
I reserved a spot at East Fork Campground up by Rock Creek Lake.
Thanks for the feedback gents.
PC