PDA

View Full Version : opinions please!

oilfieldtrash
06-10-2008, 12:48 PM
i am thinking of buying a wake board boat for the family so me and my kids can ride from time to time. they are not very big fans of the open header jet boat i currently own! i am not very familar with what to look for while trying to find a boat of this nature (brand, model, power, etc. etc.
any help would be great. if anybody has one forsale or knows someone please let me know.
thanks casey

rshrp2003
06-10-2008, 05:37 PM
My friend had a malibu sunsetter , it's a very well built boat . I drove it a couple of times and it handles great. Get perfect pass , it definetly makes sence for wake boarding.

TCHB
06-10-2008, 06:36 PM
I would buy a v drive boat not direct drive. You will have more room in the boat and little more speed.
1. 22 ft or larger
2. Open bow
3. Wide and Deep which makes the boat feel larger.
4. Engine size (do not waste your money on bigger it will not make a big difference.
buy used you will save a lot of $$$$$$$$$$
All the manufactures are pretty solid in this class.

thumbs
06-10-2008, 09:14 PM
i am thinking of buying a wake board boat for the family so me and my kids can ride from time to time. they are not very big fans of the open header jet boat i currently own! i am not very familar with what to look for while trying to find a boat of this nature (brand, model, power, etc. etc.
any help would be great. if anybody has one forsale or knows someone please let me know.
thanks casey
My sister and brother in-law just put their Mastercraft X30 up for sale. I believe it's an 07 with just about ever option you can have. If interested let me know and we can put them in touch with each other.
Here is a link to the 08 model.
http://www.waterskis.com/2008-MasterCraft-X-30-p/2008%20mastercraft%20x-30%20blk%20red.htm

oilfieldtrash
06-11-2008, 09:06 AM
My sister and brother in-law just put their Mastercraft X30 up for sale. I believe it's an 07 with just about ever option you can have. If interested let me know and we can put them in touch with each other.
Here is a link to the 08 model.
http://www.waterskis.com/2008-MasterCraft-X-30-p/2008%20mastercraft%20x-30%20blk%20red.htm
pm me with some info
please:idea:

oilfieldtrash
06-11-2008, 09:09 AM
I would buy a v drive boat not direct drive. You will have more room in the boat and little more speed.
1. 22 ft or larger
2. Open bow
4. Engine size (do not waste your money on bigger it will not make a big difference.
thanks i am leaning toward mastercraft something in the form of maybe
an X2, X30, or Xstar depending on what i can find used and in good shape
at a far price. i have been looking on boat trader but it seems that there are a lot of jokers on there!

LB247XS
06-11-2008, 01:56 PM
I Would Look Into Mb Wakeboard Boats In Lake Elsinore Ca. The Owner's Name Is John Cranney He Might Have A Line On Used Ones,
Call The 411 Its Listed.john Is Great Guy He Will Do His Best To Hook You Up

oilfieldtrash
06-11-2008, 05:57 PM
I Would Look Into Mb Wakeboard Boats In Lake Elsinore Ca. The Owner's Name Is John Cranney He Might Have A Line On Used Ones,
Call The 411 Its Listed.john Is Great Guy He Will Do His Best To Hook You Up
thanks i will cheak it out

oilfieldtrash
06-11-2008, 06:01 PM
has any bought a boat off boat trader? i have been lokkin but the few i have emailed about have come back bogus!
i had one today wanting to ship the boat from vegas with a third party group
only after i payed up front. they said i had 5 days top test the boat if i did not want it i would get refund. but i could not a phone # out of the seller!
it makes it hard to trust anyone!!:confused:

rmarion
06-11-2008, 06:26 PM
1. 22 ft or larger
2. Open bow
ditto
Boat Trader is ok.....if it's to good to be true..........

TCHB
06-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Boat Trader is OK.

thumbs
06-11-2008, 08:07 PM
i had one today wanting to ship the boat from vegas with a third party group
only after i payed up front. they said i had 5 days top test the boat if i did not want it i would get refund. but i could not a phone # out of the seller!
it makes it hard to trust anyone!!:confused:
The boat trader should be fine but just like anything be careful. The situation you described above sound fishy to me.
PM sent.
good luck,
Tony

rmarion
06-11-2008, 08:42 PM
100's of Wakeboard Boats on Boat Trader..........
don't let a few Richards ruin it for ya........
also if you got Cash........buy used...........
if your financing it..........check out new last years models, dealers should be willing to deal...........

Mandelon
06-12-2008, 08:28 AM
As mentioned you may want to consider a boat that does more than just wakeboard. Those things have a rough ride and a low max speed.
Check out other 21 to 23 footers. Our Lavey XTSki throws a nice wake and can still beat 70 on the GPS, with a way better ride than a dedicated Wakeboard boat. They make towers for them too.
Just a thought....:idea:

SB
06-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Moomba is a nice, low cost, boat.
If you're a jet guy, Ultra can make you a jet boat with a wake tower.
If you're a typical middle aged guy, not looking to do inversions, almost any boat can be set up with an aftermarket tower and some fatsacks.

Throttle
06-13-2008, 09:04 AM
I owned a mastercraft many years ago, I was very pleased with it! I know that I have been happy with what I saw from malibu too. I have to say I have not looked at or been around these boats for some time now but I think you will want to be in at least a 23-25 foot range. happy boating.

oilfieldtrash
06-13-2008, 02:52 PM
thanks for the help everyone i am going to try to find a mastercraft in my range!