PDA

View Full Version : Save Your Pennies....Boat Liquidation Sale

twocents
06-11-2008, 08:12 AM
It was probably inevitable! SoCal boat dealers and manufacturers are getting together on August 16-17 and having a Boat Liquidation & Accessories Sale at the Rose Bowl parking lot. This is for both new and used boats, and whatever accessories products they can pile into the bed of their trucks. They're expecting over 200 boats for sale, maybe more. If the market continues to be this slow, should be some very motivated sellers and potentially great deals -- you never know. The sale hours are 9-6pm on Saturday and 9-5pm on Sunday. Might be worth a visit -- no charge for admission or parking!

Mandelon
06-12-2008, 07:22 AM
What manufacturers will be there?:confused:

twocents
06-12-2008, 08:08 AM
The Southern California Marine Association is selling the space for the Sale. The first exhibitor flyer got passed-out at the Spring Boat Show last week. The flyer says official deadline for sign-ups isn't until July 28. When their Board voted to have the Sale, they did a straw-poll on who would probably come. It looks like the big ten or twelve SoCal marine dealers (Sun Country, Miller's Landing, Newport Boats, Olympic Boat Centers, etc.), a bunch of the ski/wakeboard boat guys, and at least eight or ten of the custom performance boat manufacturers (Eliminator, Hallett, Nordic, etc.). They're also counting on some of the Havasu builders to bring a few boats too. SCMA also thinks that some of the performance engine and accessory companies like Teague, Pfaff, Eddie, Rex, IMCO, Dana, etc. would want to bring an assortment of inventory products that are over-due to be sold. Might be interesting to see what shows up. Afterall, it's free to look.

Mandelon
06-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Sounds like a cool "semi" boat show.

Throttle
06-13-2008, 09:01 AM
august, thats perfect, I can enjoy my boat thru most of the summer and then take it there to be sold... then a motivated buyer can let it sit all winter till spring break comes around again. just a thought...

ParkerSteve
08-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Hope you get this in time..I called the rose bowl and they told me that the event was cancelled ..:mad:

twocents
08-14-2008, 07:59 AM
That is correct ParkerSteve. The Boat Liquidation and Accessories Sale at the Rowl Bowl did get cancelled (there's a post about that on the "News and Events" section on July 28). Simply not enough of the local SoCal dealers and boat manufacturers were willing to bring boats. Most seem to be hunkered-down at their dealerships and factories waiting for the down-turn to be over. Probably not a good idea, most aren't going to be able to wait that long. To me, this kind of event would seem to have a lot of potential and upside for the industry, especially now. Since the SCMA (producers of the event) was willing to go into the "red" to aggressively advertise the sale, I think attendance would have been good to excellent. Since everybody likes a bargain, and with no admission, no parking fee the chances of a big crowd showing up were good. Unfortunately, we'll never know!

SOCALDETAIL1
08-14-2008, 10:36 AM
That is correct ParkerSteve. The Boat Liquidation and Accessories Sale at the Rowl Bowl did get cancelled (there's a post about that on the "News and Events" section on July 28). Simply not enough of the local SoCal dealers and boat manufacturers were willing to bring boats. Most seem to be hunkered-down at their dealerships and factories waiting for the down-turn to be over. Probably not a good idea, most aren't going to be able to wait that long. To me, this kind of event would seem to have a lot of potential and upside for the industry, especially now. Since the SCMA (producers of the event) was willing to go into the "red" to aggressively advertise the sale, I think attendance would have been good to excellent. Since everybody likes a bargain, and with no admission, no parking fee the chances of a big crowd showing up were good. Unfortunately, we'll never know!
Sounded like a good thing to me. I told a few customers that were looking to upgrade about this event. Oh well