PDA

View Full Version : Stolen boat for sale???

BoatPI
06-12-2008, 10:31 AM
This stolen boat info was posted a few weeks ago. No clues, no info has come my way.
I have a suspicion that this boat may be in the process of having the HIN number changed and offered for sale. This has happened before, and will again. PLEASE keep you eyes open for this boat, even if the HIN is different. I would expect it to be parked with a for sale sign attached.
I have a person (crook) in mind, but will withhold his name. He hangs out in the Sun Valley area but has ties to the Lacaster. His work is nearly perfect and he will have a legit CA DMV title that matchs the boats HIN.
Any info, pm or call me at 714/269-0066. PI

Jetdriver
06-12-2008, 02:07 PM
I live in the Sun Valley area. If you need someone to go look around for you I would be happy to do so.
Shawn

AZJD
06-12-2008, 02:42 PM
I don't live in the area but I would love to help find it!
AZ<Magnum PI>JD:D

BoatPI
06-12-2008, 03:49 PM
The perosn I am have in mind sold several a few years ago. He always parked them on the street or on a vacant lot with a for sale sign. Just keep your eyes focused on boats for sale in this area. Also look at out site for an Extreme taken about 50 miles away in Hesperia.
www.boatman.com
http://www.boatman.com/stolenDB/2008stolens.html

yamahajet
06-12-2008, 04:00 PM
I dont see how its possible to have a valid pink sliip for the boat when its been stolen and get away with it.

BoatPI
06-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Obtaining a title in California, or in AZ for a bogus boat is not too dificult. You just need some knowledge and a be a THIEF.

thatguy
06-13-2008, 05:06 AM
I dont see how its possible to have a valid pink sliip for the boat when its been stolen and get away with it.
By physically changing the HIN, they match a Hull to an existing title for a boat that has been destroyed, sank, hidden, or otherwise abandoned. The stolen boat becomes that boat.
We used to build early chevy trucks from the frame up. The title was always the one for whatever cab we used. (VIN number)

BoatPI
06-13-2008, 11:07 AM
It is actually MUCH easier that ThatGuy described and for obvious reasons I will not be specific.
But on boats, it is buyer beware as in my opinion a CA DMV title is almost not worth the paper it is printed on unless an expert examines the boat and does some research.:eek:

azgfboatgirl
06-13-2008, 12:09 PM
Obtaining a title in California, or in AZ for a bogus boat is not too dificult. You just need some knowledge and a be a THIEF.
Sent PM :)

BoatPI
06-13-2008, 01:29 PM
On this subject of stolen disguised boats, many of the board members are LE and DMV.
See this link for the WSATI conf in Monterey this fall. I will be giving a presentation on stolen boat id and DMV fraud. All LE will get a color handout detailing these subject matters. All insurance (SIU) investigators are invited to attend to. The class is CA POST certified, if you contact the coordinators they may certify for other states too.
PI
http://www.wsati.org/2008conference.html

thatguy
06-14-2008, 07:41 AM
It is actually MUCH easier that ThatGuy described and for obvious reasons I will not be specific.
But on boats, it is buyer beware as in my opinion a CA DMV title is almost not worth the paper it is printed on unless an expert examines the boat and does some research.:eek:
Then again, I'm not a boat thief!!:D :D