PDA

View Full Version : July 5th

justfloatn
06-30-2008, 07:03 AM
For those not going to Tahoe this weekend. Any plans/ideas????
Folsom?
Rollins? It has a very nice sand bar.
:D

rshrp2003
06-30-2008, 07:41 AM
folsom is still good for now but dropping about 5 feet per week as far as i can tell . Rollins , iv'e never been there , what is the water situation . It is a very small lake at 900 acre ft .

justfloatn
06-30-2008, 08:18 AM
folsom is still good for now but dropping about 5 feet per week as far as i can tell . Rollins , iv'e never been there , what is the water situation . It is a very small lake at 900 acre ft .
The park ranger told grads it's full:D

rshrp2003
06-30-2008, 08:58 AM
I always like to check out different lakes . Three weeks ago while you guys were in shasta i went to far west , met some friends with jet skis and had a good time. It is also a small lake at 2k acre ft , i can't imagine 900 ac ft even full ?

grads2112
06-30-2008, 09:07 AM
We were thinking Rollins. When Folsom drops below 410', which it will by this weekend, I feel that it is too dangerous. Rocks start popping up everywhere. We need to hear from BBQBadBoyJ and TA, they went to Rollins this weekend to scout it out. Well, how was it?

justfloatn
06-30-2008, 09:21 AM
I always like to check out different lakes . Three weeks ago while you guys were in shasta i went to far west , met some friends with jet skis and had a good time. It is also a small lake at 2k acre ft , i can't imagine 900 ac ft even full ?
CFW is nice in the spring when the water is full and clean. It turns into a mud pit by mid summer anywhere within 30' of the shore line.
And beaching there is a no no. There are shale rocks mixed and hidden under the mud; plus the red clay mud is a bitch to get out of your interior.

rshrp2003
06-30-2008, 09:42 AM
grads , I too am afraid of the rocks and they are starting to show up , but over by the dam , aka the main part of the lake it still looks deep. I know were taking some chances. I stayed in the center thinking im ok there. I would like to see the scouting report of rollins ....If you take your boat there won't you set off some car alarms in the parking lot ?

grads2112
06-30-2008, 09:48 AM
grads , I too am afraid of the rocks and they are starting to show up , but over by the dam , aka the main part of the lake it still looks deep. I know were taking some chances. I stayed in the center thinking im ok there. I would like to see the scouting report of rollins ....If you take your boat there won't you set off some car alarms in the parking lot ?
I have a feeling that if we take our boats to Rollins we will get quite a few people that will wave to us without all five fingers. But thats OK, we have a free pass from the Sheriff.:D

justfloatn
06-30-2008, 10:39 AM
I have a feeling that if we take our boats to Rollins we will get quite a few people that will wave to us without all five fingers. But thats OK, we have a free pass from the Sheriff.:D
I think you will be beating the Grass Valley hillbillies off left and right if you bring an Eliminator there.
Last year we went to Rollins while you guys were in Tahoe and there was a guy in a late 80's 28' Carrera with the off-shore wing/spoiler deal acting like the big man on campus :rolleyes::D It was amusing.

grads2112
06-30-2008, 11:22 AM
King of Rollins:idea: ....that has a nice ring to it.

grads2112
06-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Last year we went to Rollins while you guys were in Tahoe and there was a guy in a late 80's 28' Carrera with the off-shore wing/spoiler deal acting like the big man on campus :rolleyes::D It was amusing.
Badburn (CatSass)?:jawdrop: :D

justfloatn
06-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Badburn (CatSass)?:jawdrop: :D
LOL:D :D
No, Similar boat completly opposit attitude:D
So are you going to be here this Sat or in Tahoe?????
I owe you and Mrs. Daytona a Tri-tip BBQ ;) :D

Slipperywhenwet
06-30-2008, 01:26 PM
We were thinking Rollins. When Folsom drops below 410', which it will by this weekend, I feel that it is too dangerous. Rocks start popping up everywhere. We need to hear from BBQBadBoyJ and TA, they went to Rollins this weekend to scout it out. Well, how was it? Rollins is Full, like glass. We hung with the Sheriff & his wife on Saturday. Stayed the night on the boat and had TA & family come out on Sunday. It was a great time, BBQbadboy even showed off on the knee board. We talked to Mark which told us that your boats are fine to bring out. Just the speed limit is 55. He will close his eyes if you are going any faster. Small lake, but if you like to hang at the sand bar - it is a great lake. You can actually walk in your boat in parts of the sandbar. TA plans on bringing the Nordic out. We plan on going Friday the 4th. Anyone planning on joining?

justfloatn
06-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Rollins is Full, like glass. We hung with the Sheriff & his wife on Saturday. Stayed the night on the boat and had TA & family come out on Sunday. It was a great time, BBQbadboy even showed off on the knee board. We talked to Mark which told us that your boats are fine to bring out. Just the speed limit is 55. He will close his eyes if you are going any faster. Small lake, but if you like to hang at the sand bar - it is a great lake. You can actually walk in your boat in parts of the sandbar. TA plans on bringing the Nordic out. We plan on going Friday the 4th. Anyone planning on joining?
I need to get you my Ph#. I didn't know anyone was going out there last weekend.
The 4th I may be going to a bbq/pool party. I'll know more later in the week.

limelite
06-30-2008, 01:35 PM
I think you will be beating the Grass Valley hillbillies off left and right if you bring your Eliminator
I heard they play that song "Deliverence" over the loud speakers on that lake every time they see an eliminator...... King has an all together different meaning to them hillbillies, LOL.....:D :D

grads2112
06-30-2008, 02:13 PM
I thought that since I have some free time I would drive up to Rollins and check it out today. Water looks good, small but good, launch ramp is nice but the parking for the trailers is kind of small. I can't wait to hear the motors rumble off of those canyon walls! It only took me 35 minutes from my house in Roseville to get there. I'm not sure about going Friday July 4th, afterall that is novice boater day, but I'm game for Saturday.
While I was there I had two Hillbillies come up and ask to clean the windows on my truck because they saw the Eliminator sticker.:D

limelite
06-30-2008, 02:20 PM
I thought that since I have some free time I would drive up to Rollins and check it out today. Water looks good, small but good, launch ramp is nice but the parking for the trailers is kind of small. I can't wait to hear the motors rumble off of those canyon walls! It only took me 35 minutes from my house in Roseville to get there. I'm not sure about going Friday July 4th, afterall that is novice boater day, but I'm game for Saturday.
While I was there I had two Hillbillies come up and ask to clean the windows on my truck because they saw the Eliminator sticker.:D
They like to be nice to trick you.. Good thing you left the windows rolled up and the door's locked..Had you got out, you wouldn't be here posting, you'd still be trying to get untied from that tree:) :)

Jordy
06-30-2008, 02:54 PM
I think you will be beating the Grass Valley hillbillies off left and right if you bring an Eliminator there.
That's OK, Greggie is used to beating off guys left and right... :D
Just try not to get jealous if he's not giving you the attention you're used to. ;)

justfloatn
06-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Just try not to get jealous if he's not giving you the attention you're used to. ;)
UMMM, I think you need to look at the Shasta photos to see why I hangout with grads. ;) :D

Poker Runs West
06-30-2008, 03:24 PM
WOW what a change, King of Folsom, Terror of Tahoe and Shasta Supreme is
going to a water skiing lake when Tahoe is only 1 hour further. Greg I am very concerned about what happen to you at Shasta. Are you OK?:eek:
If you survive the Rollins Rope em and Ride em Rough Riders I will see you in Tahoe on the 8th. Go get that testosterone shot before coming up.:D
With great concern,:idea:
Chris

rshrp2003
06-30-2008, 04:22 PM
You guys might have to look out for the competition...... a hillbille poontoon boat is awsome . It made of quality parts . The hull is 55 gallon drums , has a plywood floor , kitchen cabinet hardware for cleats , 2x4 rub rail , garbage can lid for steering wheel or just a rudder , old tires for bumpers , vw bug engine , a cal trans port a pottie , umbrella with stand , plastic stack chairs for seating .......and a guy waving at you with four fingers

Slipperywhenwet
06-30-2008, 04:54 PM
WOW what a change, King of Folsom, Terror of Tahoe and Shasta Supreme is
going to a water skiing lake when Tahoe is only 1 hour further. Greg I am very concerned about what happen to you at Shasta. Are you OK?:eek:
If you survive the Rollins Rope em and Ride em Rough Riders I will see you in Tahoe on the 8th. Go get that testosterone shot before coming up.:D
With great concern,:idea:
Chris Hey there, I am sure if you new all the Pastie Cove girls were going to be at Rollins you may change your mind about going. I actually like the sand bar better at Rollins then Folsom. I have yet to see a toothless Hillbillie. But maybe it was all the rum runners that we consummed. At this point atleast Rollins has water in it & 55 is better then 5.

justfloatn
07-01-2008, 05:55 AM
You guys might have to look out for the competition...... a hillbille poontoon boat is awsome . It made of quality parts . The hull is 55 gallon drums , has a plywood floor , kitchen cabinet hardware for cleats , 2x4 rub rail , garbage can lid for steering wheel or just a rudder , old tires for bumpers , vw bug engine , a cal trans port a pottie , umbrella with stand , plastic stack chairs for seating .......and a guy waving at you with four fingers
Sounds a lot like my first boat:D Except it was jet drive. ;)

grads2112
07-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Sounds like a certain Howard I've seen before.:D

justfloatn
07-01-2008, 09:56 AM
UH OH:eek: Here we go ;) :D

rshrp2003
07-01-2008, 08:23 PM
So if I go on sunday, am i going to fighting with a guy , all f..n tanked up who has a boat as i discribed for lanching space . Am i basically on my own here... sounds like you guys are going fri/sat . I'm still thinking about it......

hulshot
07-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Greg where you guys been hiding?? that HOWARD you speak of used to be mine, and I didnt use tires as bumpers either:D I have been to rollins one time but perfer Bulards Bar. Thought you wwere headed up to Tahoe? I am stuck working Saturday so I cant go out and play anywhere. :mad:

grads2112
07-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Greg where you guys been hiding?? that HOWARD you speak of used to be mine, and I didnt use tires as bumpers either:D I have been to rollins one time but perfer Bulards Bar. Thought you wwere headed up to Tahoe? I am stuck working Saturday so I cant go out and play anywhere. :mad:
I think Bullards Bar might be bigger but it is 1 1/2 hours from my house where Rollins is 35 minutes. I'm sure we will eventually end up at the Delta this year:( We are going to Tahoe, just not for the 4th, we are going up the 8th-14th for the Celebrity Golf Tournament. Any interest in coming up to Tahoe and running in some real big water???:sqeyes: :D

grads2112
07-01-2008, 09:49 PM
So if I go on sunday, am i going to fighting with a guy , all f..n tanked up who has a boat as i discribed for lanching space . Am i basically on my own here... sounds like you guys are going fri/sat . I'm still thinking about it......
What about Tahoe next week? You are only about 1 hour away from where you live right?

rshrp2003
07-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Yes , tahoe on the 13th or 14th, are you guys still there on the 14th

grads2112
07-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Yes , tahoe on the 13th or 14th, are you guys still there on the 14th
We are coming home on the morning of the 14th.

hulshot
07-02-2008, 06:32 PM
Any interest in coming up to Tahoe and running in some real big water???
Have been there done that, cool lake and scenery. The water is too cold to swim and the Wife doesn't like to be in the big bumpy stuff. I took here out in it once and she said that enough. I know a few people that are going this weekend to watch the fireworks or just hang or something like that. I will catch up to you on the water one of these weekends. :D

Mrs.Daytona
07-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Any interest in coming up to Tahoe and running in some real big water???
Have been there done that, cool lake and scenery. The water is too cold to swim and the Wife doesn't like to be in the big bumpy stuff. I took here out in it once and she said that enough. I know a few people that are going this weekend to watch the fireworks or just hang or something like that. I will catch up to you on the water one of these weekends. :D
Oh come on now..if the wife is scared, I'll hold her hand and she can sit on my lap ;)

rshrp2003
07-02-2008, 07:11 PM
We are coming home on the morning of the 14th.
where are you going to be on the 13th and are you ditching rollins this weekend

grads2112
07-02-2008, 07:17 PM
where are you going to be on the 13th and are you ditching rollins this weekend
We will be in the Tahoe Keys on the 13th and yes we are bailing on Rollins this weekend. I don't want anything happening to the boat right before our vacation.

rshrp2003
07-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Don't blame you , your boat is too nice to get dinged up. and avoiding hillbillies is a smart choice . I don't think i'm going either.

limelite
07-02-2008, 07:56 PM
We will be in the Tahoe Keys on the 13th and yes we are bailing on Rollins this weekend. I don't want anything happening to the boat right before our vacation.
Bullshit, your not worried about your boat. Your worried them hillbillies may may not cut you down from the tree when they finish....... LMAO

grads2112
07-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Bullshit, your not worried about your boat. Your worried them hillbillies may may not cut you down from the tree when they finish....... LMAO
That too.

rshrp2003
07-02-2008, 08:47 PM
F N A don't these hillbillies have anythig better to do , Q: have you ever seen one .....do they exist . you know, big foot..... lockness monster...... ogopogo ? ....... ufo's etc. , stuff like that is believable , but these hillbillies , somthing just doesn't sound right

limelite
07-02-2008, 09:11 PM
The real King of Rollins Lake. be very afraid when you see him

justfloatn
07-03-2008, 06:50 AM
yes we are bailing on Rollins this weekend. I don't want anything happening to the boat right before our vacation.
WTF!!! You're starting to sound like an Ultra owner :devil: :eek: ;)
On Tahoe; we are in maybe status. Sara and I don't want to impose with being the only people bringing kids. If you AND Mrs. Daytona are really ok with it you can convince her tomorrow. What time do we come over?:D :D 11:00am, Noon, 1:00pm, 2:00pm:confused:

rshrp2003
07-03-2008, 06:37 PM
The real King of Rollins Lake. be very afraid when you see him
This guy still has teeth .... he doesn't qualify

hulshot
07-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Oh come on now..if the wife is scared, I'll hold her hand and she can sit on my lap ;)
I would take plenty of pics of that!!!!!!!:D
She doesnt like bigt water because of me and getting a phone call in the middle of the night and going to emergency an hour and a half away..... But tha t was years ago.:D
she likes bigger boats butr not bigger water...... I will come and play though.:idea: