PDA

View Full Version : jacuzzi pump help

inline6power
06-30-2008, 07:49 AM
i got a 77 carribean witha jacuzzi 12wj pump. this is my first boat and it ran great, has a bbf 466 with about 550hp. was only able to get up to about 53mph. what can i do to get more? can i simply upgrade to a better jet like a berkeley or can i get more speed with what i got? dont know much about jets so any help would be greately appreciated thanks.

jetboatperformance
06-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Inline that (Jacuzzi wj) is a decent jet and can ,with a little work provide good performance and reliabilty We have a Miller 18 running 80 mph with a slightly modified WJ and BBC There also "Energizer kits available to you as well. What would be helpfull here is a little more info on you boat ! What were you WOT rpms vs speed ,how big is the boat and how was it loaded when you tested it Tom

inline6power
06-30-2008, 08:40 AM
thanks tom, it was a pleasure to talk to you. boat is a 18 foot carribean with a big block ford 466 dynoed right at 500hp. pump is completely stock, dosent look like it has EVER been touched. could be worn out so maybe a rebuild kit plus some performance stuff that we talked about. just let me know what you think. thanks again.

inline6power
06-30-2008, 09:18 AM
roughly what kind of mph gain is expected from putting on a diverter?