PDA

View Full Version : Saying goodbye to a fellow ***boater.

little rowe boat
06-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Brent or revpuffdaddy here on ***boat forums. Today i received some bad news that Brent had passed away. this makes me very sad, he was only 50 yrs old and a very gentle soul. Brent loved his family and boating in Havasu, quite often we would see him and Jayne out on the water, we would tie off, visit and get caught up. Every once in awhile we would see him and Jayne at a family function ( they are very close friends to my cousins). He is actually a baptist minister and he performed the wedding ceremony at 2 of my cousins weddings. a few years ago they had a beautiful Conquest deckboat built. I remember him and jayne cruising into california cove in this beautiful brand spanking new boat. He gave me the boat tour and he was beaming with pride.It's hard for me to believe that we will not see him and Jayne out on the water. Brent you will be fondly remembered and missed by many many people.
To Jayne and the boys.
i pray that the lord holds you close and comforts you through this very difficult time.
Bruce and Chelle. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with the both of you.

deltaAce
06-30-2008, 09:50 PM
He must have been a great guy,
He will still live within your memories, bless his family.

Pack Up N Boogie
07-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Life is truly short. All the best to his family.

HatenWinter
07-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Sad to hear, that's very young. RIP....

Keith E. Sayre
07-01-2008, 12:35 PM
One of the kindest and gentlest people that I ever sold a boat to. They have
a spot right below the dam in Parker on the strip. Wonderful man and great family. God bless you Brent.

Keith E. Sayre
07-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Here's a great photo of him and his wife.

Keith E. Sayre
07-01-2008, 12:58 PM
another of their boat. a nice story to go with this photo.if I remember correctly, we had just painted a couple of boats with stars on them and had
a heck of a time getting them right, brent walks in and wants stars! management at conquest said, no way we were doing any more stars. they
didn't get mad, they didn't throw a fit, they merely drew out a new graphic.
I think they actually brought it in on a napkin from Dennys with a spot of
ketchup in the corner. wonderful people.

little rowe boat
07-01-2008, 01:34 PM
One of the kindest and gentlest people that I ever sold a boat to. They have
a spot right below the dam in Parker on the strip. Wonderful man and great family. God bless you Brent.
yes, they do and they spent all of their time on Havasu. They would rent a slip at the springs.
He had a kind heart and a very gentle soul.
Thanks for posting the pics.
Jeff.

Redwing247
07-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Rest In Peace.
Thought and prayer for his family in this difficult time.

MRS.TNB
07-02-2008, 03:24 PM
god bless:(

milkmoney
07-02-2008, 04:32 PM
rip, may god bless the family...

little rowe boat
07-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Well, today is the celebration of Brents life.

SoCal Builder
07-13-2008, 07:12 PM
It was an incredible turnout. There was lots of Havasu stories told today. His eulogy included that his loves included boating, boating and more boating. He was quite possibly the kindest and most sincere guys you would ever meet. I am going to miss the countless days and nights that I spent with him and his wonderful family on the lake and the river.
I am a better man having known him. May God rest his soal!

atomickitn
07-14-2008, 09:16 AM
wow ....very sorry to hear.... God bless him and His family...R.I.P.

little rowe boat
07-16-2008, 01:29 PM
It was an incredible turnout. There was lots of Havasu stories told today. His eulogy included that his loves included boating, boating and more boating. He was quite possibly the kindest and most sincere guys you would ever meet. I am going to miss the countless days and nights that I spent with him and his wonderful family on the lake and the river.
I am a better man having known him. May God rest his soal!
It was a fantastic tribute to his life. All of the people that spoke, did a great job. His boys were great, Bruce did a wonderful job. Every part of this tribute showed the incredibly wonderful person Brent was.
Every person that he met through his life, he left a positive lasting impression on.

Mrs.Racer277
07-16-2008, 04:49 PM
RIP
I remember seeing the boat before.
Thoughts and prayers will be said for the family

bignet
07-17-2008, 02:07 PM
I totally remember that boat as well.....RIP.
:devil:
bignet

1RVRRYD
07-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. My family and I appreciate it greatly. I definately miss my Dad, he has taught us all everything we know about boating. It won't be the same as it was growing up, he and my Mom loved to spend time at Havasu together as well as tied up next to my brother and I's boat, or relaxing on a beach. It was their little slice of Heaven on earth. But we know he will be there watching over us from Heaven sitting in his boat on God's lake.
We talked at my Dad's Celebration Service that life is all about relationships, referencing Luke 10:27: when your vertical relationship with God comes first, the horizontal realtionships, those here on earth, will fall right in place. My Dad impacted so many lives and he "fought the good fight" (taken from 2 Timothy 4:6-8) in life and battling kidney cancer. I hope I can continue to live my life just as my Dad did- with "No Regrets" and developing relationships. Thank you again for your prayers, and maybe we will see you out on the river!