PDA

View Full Version : Head Cracked???

zazoos2
07-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Hey Gang,
Went to the lake and before we were out of the no wake section the boat was starving for fuel. I have already had this problem this year (possible vapor lock). I decided the electric fuel pump was now the problem so I routed the fuel lines back through the mechanical pump and all seem good. About 20 minutes later we were starving for gas again and I noticed the fuel bubbling inside the clear fuel filter (guessing vapor lock). While limping the boat back to shore the motor started rough idling and just didn't sound right. Had the wife check to make sure we were spitting water out the exhaust, but it also appeared to be steam coming out. Now the boat is home and I confirmed the water is flowing thru the block and the intake line for the water is clear, but I'm think the head may be cracked. The last cylinder on both sides of the motor are spitting water where the manifold and head meets. Here is the picture. Any thoughts?
Trent

jetboatperformance
07-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Zaz run a compression test and a cooling system pressure test (we use a modified automotive tester) call if you need diag help (check your PMs for my cell) Tom