http://yamahajetboaters.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10061/Bee_Hive.jpg
Any ideas....outside of shootin' 'em down with the garden hose... :confused:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
03-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Baja Bee Removal
Glendale, CA 91202
(818) 355-6521
mikeb@bajabee.com
Specializing in the live removal of all types of bees in the greater Los Angeles area. We will clear out your problems, clean up the mess, and transport the bees to their new happy home.
Thank GOD Al Gore created the internet...........Next question ????
Later,
CJG
:p

Ziggy
03-08-2006, 06:53 PM
Can't believe you didn't notice before now...they didn't build that overnight Shue...
Freaky insects........I had a huge swarm fly over my house over the weekend....ran for cover...and then my resin started to gel before I got it layed down :mad:

shueman
03-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Never did notice... :rolleyes: What called attention to it was all the Mockingbirds divin' in for a meal... :cool:

infotraker
03-08-2006, 07:42 PM
What you have is a swarm of honey bees. In the early spring a developed hive will divide, half or more will leave with the old queen to find a new home. They likely will move on to a better sheltered spot, wall or hollow tree. They will normally move within a day or 2. The best bet would be to get them removed so they wont cause any trouble later if they decide to stay. I raised bees when I was yonger in Palo Alto Ca. and rescued a lot of swarms from peoples yards and walls.

Boatcop
03-08-2006, 07:57 PM
They're Killer Bees.
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/owlive/img/feb05/snl.two0220_big.jpg
http://www.jasonpaulcollum.com/KillerBeesBook.jpg
http://cover.rodesign.ee/pildid/24_1820191370.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b3/Killer_Bees.jpg/180px-Killer_Bees.jpg

ROZ
03-08-2006, 08:34 PM
Burn a stack of mary jane at the base of the tree. They'll get high from the smoke and forget their way home.. Once they're all gone, get the hive then call me... I'm stoned and need some honey for my peanut butter and honey sandwich :)

shueman
03-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Burn a stack of mary jane at the base of the tree. They'll get high from the smoke and forget their way home.. Once they're all gone, get the hive then call me... I'm stoned and need some honey for my peanut butter and honey sandwich :)
Might be more cost effective to burn the tree.... :cool: :hammer2:

ROZ
03-08-2006, 11:04 PM
Might be more cost effective to burn the tree.... :cool: :hammer2:
Well, you may be right :D

Focker
03-08-2006, 11:21 PM
That Is Not A Hive
Its A Swarm
That Is Why U Did Not Notice It Before
We Had The Same Problem Outside Of Our Office
Called A Bee-keeper And He Came Out And Gathered Them Up At Sunset. Great Honey!!!!!!!!!! From The Bee Keeper. He Raised The Bees For Organic Honey. I Believe He Said They Were In Hives 5 To 10 Miles From Anything So They Could Not Go To Plants That Had Pesticides. Bought A Jar Of Honey
Was Focken Good

C-2
03-09-2006, 12:14 AM
Can't believe you didn't notice before now...they didn't build that overnight Shue...
Freaky insects........I had a huge swarm fly over my house over the weekend....ran for cover...and then my resin started to gel before I got it layed down :mad:
I had that happen before too. In fact i was waxing the boat and heard this funny sound...in between a prop airplane and a hum....looked up and ran for cover. They passed over quickly. Wifey still thinks I'm full of chit :mad:

BobS
03-09-2006, 04:25 AM
I had that happen before too. In fact i was waxing the boat and heard this funny sound...in between a prop airplane and a hum....looked up and ran for cover. They passed over quickly. Wifey still thinks I'm full of chit :mad:
A friend and I were riding our motorsickles just outside Tustin (while Irvine was still orange groves.) We approached a stop light that turned yellow; I stopped, he blew through. After the light turned green I was hauling a$$ to catch up and I saw him start swerving and flailing his arms. I thought what the F is that?! He had run through a swarm of bees. Ouch.

kmcmktg
03-09-2006, 05:32 AM
Jumpin' Jim Brunzelle. Classic.
Was that other joker some British wrestler?

Garrddogg
03-09-2006, 05:56 AM
Help......!!
Found this tonight up about 20' in the front yard.... :220v: :crossx:
http://yamahajetboaters.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10061/Bee_Hive.jpg
Any ideas....outside of shootin' 'em down with the garden hose... :confused:
Anyone else thinkin 12 gauge with snake shot?

Sleek-Jet
03-09-2006, 06:01 AM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! You've got a big red square growing out of your tree!!!! :D :D :D
Call an exterminator or bee removal service... a couple hundy and the bees be gone. That price shouldn't affect a baller like yourself. :)

Ken F
03-09-2006, 06:10 AM
Actually, a bee swarm is not really too dangerous. Since the hive has become over-populated, they produce a new queen who takes about half of the hive in search of a new home. Since they are leaving their hive and stored food source, the gourge themselves on honey before leaving to sustain themselves until they can start the new hive. When they are full like this, they are way more docile than normal.
This is also why a beekeeper will "smoke" a hive before harvesting honey.
The bees think there is a fire coming, and will gorge themselves in case they have to leave to avoid a fire. When they are full of honey, they are in their most doclie state. Oftentimess I've used bare hands to "capture" swarm such as you have in your tree. If you handle them gently, you can usually pick up the swarm and put it in a bag.
Ken F

lucky
03-09-2006, 06:53 AM
lol dam unemployed and High ..... Life is good :)

lucky
03-09-2006, 06:55 AM
get Roz high and bet him a dollar - he can't climb up the tree and knock the fockers down :)

boatsnblondes
03-09-2006, 07:11 AM
I'll put a buck on the bees....go for it Roz... :cool:

Schiada76
03-09-2006, 08:04 AM
Have some friends over for a few........err several beers.
Put a bike helmet with full shield on one of your friends, gloves too. Tape him up with duct tape so no bees can get in his clothes or helmet. Video tape him getting up on a ladder and covering himself with the swarm of bees. When he gets down brush him off with a broom.
More beer.
Tape him up again.
This time, when he jumps off the ladder screaming and running around, subdue him, brush the bees off again, pull the helmet off and get the stinger out of his EYEBALL with a pair of hemostats. Make sure you get all of it on tape especially the part where you pluck the stinger out of his EYEBALL.
More beer.
Repeatedly watch the video and marvel at your friends stupidity. :D

Debbolas
03-09-2006, 01:14 PM
We woke up this morning to my little blonde lab puppy.....all swelled up with welts all over her body. Her muzzle was so swolen, it stuck out at right angles....Her eyes were almost swelled shut. (she looked like a charpai-wrinkled dog )
Took her to the vet to find out, she was somehow stung by a bee at 11pm last night.
:jawdrop:
She is an indoor dog and was inside last night...the vet says they can crawl on the carpet. So he gave her shot and a RX for Ubhenhyhamive, (doggie benadryl)
I came home from work at noon and she is looking all better
:D
Dam Bees!

topless
03-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Baja Bee Removal
Glendale, CA 91202
(818) 355-6521
mikeb@bajabee.com
Specializing in the live removal of all types of bees in the greater Los Angeles area. We will clear out your problems, clean up the mess, and transport the bees to their new happy home.
Thank GOD Al Gore created the internet...........Next question ????
Later,
CJG
:pGreat!!!! The number is disconnected. :cry:

prozach
03-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Don't waist your money on a bee keeper. I just had the exact same thing in a palm tree at my house. Give them a week and they should move on. Mine did. They don't make hives in trees, they like holes in walls and the such. Mine were there for 5 days and today they were gone. A normal part of spring around here.