PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mead....

Holland
07-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Well, Finally thru with Baseball for the season, now I might actually get to go to the lake. We are planned for 7-25 thru 8-2 there. My questions are:
1. Level - Anyone know the current level, I have read the website on where its at, but that doesnt tell me how the ramps are...
2. Beer - Feel free to bring it to me all week! HAAHAHA

YldBoyz
07-07-2008, 12:10 PM
You can say that again, our All Star season just ended Saturday. I can finally go to the lake and river before football season creeps up on me. I was just sending some email off to check water levels, and gas prices. Let me know if you find anything out?

jenndon
07-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Well, Finally thru with Baseball for the season, now I might actually get to go to the lake. We are planned for 7-25 thru 8-2 there. My questions are:
1. Level - Anyone know the current level, I have read the website on where its at, but that doesnt tell me how the ramps are...
2. Beer - Feel free to bring it to me all week! HAAHAHA
Talked to Bob at Temple Bar last week. He said the lake is 114 ft low but their ramp is fine. I heard they moved Lake Mead Marina and Callville is open but very low. Were going to Temple Bar the 16th to the 24th
:)

skisupreme
07-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Just got back from a week at Mead. Water is low, Temple Bar has a temporary boat ramp in the dirt from what I saw and remember when we did beer / ice runs. We launched at Calville Bay and it had the boat ramp under construction so only about two people could launch at a time. Other than that, it was nice once you got it launched.

Assume The Position
07-08-2008, 04:52 PM
If your boat is bigger than 26 feet, you may want to launch at lake mead marina. The marina is gone but the launch ramp is still operational. Its were all the big boats launch. Have a safe trip

LB247XS
07-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Talked to Bob at Temple Bar last week. He said the lake is 114 ft low but their ramp is fine. I heard they moved Lake Mead Marina and Callville is open but very low. Were going to Temple Bar the 16th to the 24th
:)
HEY JENNDON MY FAMILY AND I WILL BE T-BAR 13th-19th IN LAKE FRONT
ROOMS STOP BY SAY HELLO AND INTRODUCE YOURSELVES AND HAVE A COLD
ONE.LOOK FOR THE ULTRA 247 PARKED IN FRONT OF THE ROOMS.I ALSO TALKED TO BOB AND WAS TOLD NOT TO LET THE TRAILER SIT IN THE WATER
TO LONG THE GRUOND IS SOGGY UNDER THE ASPHALT ON THE RAMP AND THE TRAILER COULD GET STUCK. SO LAUNCH QUICK

funkcity
07-09-2008, 10:41 PM
If your boat is bigger than 26 feet, you may want to launch at lake mead marina. The marina is gone but
The marina is gone?
I remember when you could launch at the Las Vegas Wash, Lake Mead Marina or Boulder Beach.
And even when visiting Vegas I'd have breakfast at the lake mead Marina restaurant. Calville is about it I guess?!?
Seems lower than ever even though I hear Powell is filling.
Past Temple Bar I imagine that you can't go much past Sandy Point?
Huge difference from the mid eighties and early 90s!

LB247XS
07-10-2008, 08:13 AM
The marina is gone?
I remember when you could launch at the Las Vegas Wash, Lake Mead Marina or Boulder Beach.
And even when visiting Vegas I'd have breakfast at the lake mead Marina restaurant. Calville is about it I guess?!?
Huge difference from the mid eighties and early 90s!
SOME FRIENDS WERE THERE LAST WEEK AND LAUNCHED AT HEMMINGWAY
WITH NO PROBLEMS AND YES THE WATER IS AT A ALLTIME LOW.BEEN GOING TO T-BAR FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND ALL THE GOOD COVES ARE DISAPPEARING
AND ANYTHING PAST SANDY POINT IS WORTHLESS.THEY NEED TO STOP THE MADNESS OF LETTING OUT WATER FROM MEAD.HAVASCREW DOESNT NEED
THE WATER LEVELS AS HIGH AS THEY ARE NOW

jenndon
07-10-2008, 02:54 PM
HEY JENNDON MY FAMILY AND I WILL BE T-BAR 13th-19th IN LAKE FRONT
ROOMS STOP BY SAY HELLO AND INTRODUCE YOURSELVES AND HAVE A COLD
ONE.LOOK FOR THE ULTRA 247 PARKED IN FRONT OF THE ROOMS.I ALSO TALKED TO BOB AND WAS TOLD NOT TO LET THE TRAILER SIT IN THE WATER
TO LONG THE GRUOND IS SOGGY UNDER THE ASPHALT ON THE RAMP AND THE TRAILER COULD GET STUCK. SO LAUNCH QUICK
Sweet, I try to get in and out as quick as I can, plug in, straps off the back, family in, vests on the kids and wife at the wheel.
We have a Desert room the 16th to 21st. Look for the 26 Lavey behind the big GMC crew cab you can't miss it. See ya there

jenndon
07-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Powell went from over 100 feet low to 66 feet as of today. Mead is at 114 feet low.
You can't get into the canyon past Sandy, sand bars and to shallow. (unless you have a jet ski)