PDA

View Full Version : Things seem to have slowed way down here

dgie
07-09-2008, 08:37 PM
I have been away for a little while, seems I used to see a lot of people posting on ***boats throughout the day especially at night however it seems maybe not as much now, is it my imagination? Did everyone leave and go somewhere else? I did not get the memo :confused:

dgie
07-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Also whats up with the security code you have to type in when you want to do a search in the search field. do you have to do this every time? :(

H20 Toie
07-10-2008, 10:13 AM
I guess you missed the memo
http://www.performanceboats.com/html/forums/index.php

deltaAce
07-10-2008, 12:14 PM
It seems like people who hadn't posted much before are now posting,
myself included.

dgie
07-10-2008, 04:42 PM
There's the memo, thanks...:D Just out of curiosity why did everyone leave ????

FOXMAN
07-10-2008, 07:54 PM
There's the memo, thanks...:D Just out of curiosity why did everyone leave ????
When they shut down the site for the makeover it was down for too long. JMO. People went to other sites.
I hope that they start to filter there way back. This was a kick @ss web site 1 year ago.
Stick around, post, and help bring it back to what it was! :)

Sportin' Wood
07-10-2008, 08:18 PM
When they shut down the site for the makeover it was down for too long. JMO. People went to other sites.
I hope that they start to filter there way back. This was a kick @ss web site 1 year ago.
Stick around, post, and help bring it back to what it was! :)
Bullshit. Most of the people who posted were banned. Most for no particular reason. My wife posted a banner on her signature for RiverDavesPlace and was banned. No warning, no vacation. Just banned. Happened to probably 40-50 people that day alone. That put a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. I only come on here now to check my ad for the boat.
It will never be what it was. The new owners don't want it to be what it was. They want a boring site and that's what they've got. I would never ask a technical question here because there are only about 10 people on here all day. I'd rather go on a site where I have the opportunity for hundreds of people to see my question and give me a possible solution. Take, for example, Mike K's thread about the electricity leak. Posted 2 days ago. 2 people have responded in 2 days. Boy! Hope it's not an emergency!

FOXMAN
07-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Bullshit. Most of the people who posted were banned. Most for no particular reason. My wife posted a banner on her signature for RiverDavesPlace and was banned. No warning, no vacation. Just banned. Happened to probably 40-50 people that day alone. That put a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. I only come on here now to check my ad for the boat.
It will never be what it was. The new owners don't want it to be what it was. They want a boring site and that's what they've got. I would never ask a technical question here because there are only about 10 people on here all day. I'd rather go on a site where I have the opportunity for hundreds of people to see my question and give me a possible solution. Take, for example, Mike K's thread about the electricity leak. Posted 2 days ago. 2 people have responded in 2 days. Boy! Hope it's not an emergency!
Your right on that... Didnt they unban just about everbody?

Prowler
07-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Yep, i was banned and i still can't login from my old name...........cause im still banned, aint that sumthin !!!! :D

Sportin' Wood
07-11-2008, 08:24 AM
Your right on that... Didnt they unban just about everbody?
I only know 2 people that were unbanned.

dgie
07-11-2008, 10:10 AM
THEY BANNED EVERYONE WHAT A BUNCH OF BS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The people who were here before made this site, it is nothing without them.
hope this comment wont get me banned too :confused:

dgie
07-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Eveyone is at performance boats now? I seen rexone there and a couple others, no Bre?

Havasu1986
07-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Eveyone is at performance boats now? I seen rexone there and a couple others, no Bre?
Bre is over at www.riverdavesplace.com

dgie
07-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Ok now I am a member of that one now too, always liked those avitars of hers :D . Wow ***boats really screwed up this one. I wonder how many subscriptions they lost from all the members hitting the road, not a good marketing decision..... As far as this site, I am not sure it will ever be back again either. I guess I will hang out until they ban me too :(
Don't supose there is a link that says who is who now over on the other sites. I had some real good help from people such as Malcolm, Roz and a many others.

MRS.TNB
07-12-2008, 09:22 AM
:wink:

Moderator-6
07-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Hey guys...new mod here. I am sorry about everything that has happened in the past but I want to let you know I am here to help out with any problems you might encounter with the board.
Please don't flame me for decisions that were made in the past as I know many are upset by them. Not my doing. I am here to help out moving forward.
I hope you continue to enjoy this board and what it has to offer.
Thanks.

dgie
07-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Hey guys...new mod here. I am sorry about everything that has happened in the past but I want to let you know I am here to help out with any problems you might encounter with the board.
Please don't flame me for decisions that were made in the past as I know many are upset by them. Not my doing. I am here to help out moving forward.
Thanks.
Moderator I appreciate your sincerity and I can only speak for myself here, but it seems to me that it is too little, too late.... they are all gone.

MRS.TNB
07-12-2008, 03:44 PM
TNB here,my thoughts are,who ever (uncle larry)they put in charge of "BANNING EVERYONE" shot this place in the foot! he/they banned me for being on other sites,i won't ask for any info over here,or will i renew their mag.this place "was" LOTS OF FUN and lots of great peeps even with the drama:) and we kinda policed our selfs;) .just my .02:)

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Moderator I appreciate your sincerity and I can only speak for myself here, but it seems to me that it is too little, too late.... they are all gone.
mmmm you may have something :idea:

Moderator-6
07-12-2008, 08:06 PM
I can only do my best to make this site fun for those who decided to stay, as well as the new peeps coming on. I am not associated with the magazine and I am not here to beg others to come back.
I am merely here to try and help out and move the site forward in a positive direction.
Mark and Mel, I hope you guys decide to stay.

deltaAce
07-12-2008, 08:56 PM
I like this site & I'm sure it will grow,
The people who are here now can be the new A team!;)

HammerDown
07-13-2008, 06:38 AM
I can only do my best to make this site fun for those who decided to stay, as well as the new peeps coming on. I am not associated with the magazine and I am not here to beg others to come back.
I am merely here to try and help out and move the site forward in a positive direction...
Bravo

HDF WATERDOG
07-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Hi all I'm still here. Always been here. Not sure how I wasn't banned every as my name, HDF stands for Havasu Dougs Forums. Just plain Waterdog was taken by somebody long ago. I'm also at RiverDaves and PB as well as about 10 others. All the forums are different but yet the same in many ways. We all have a common interest in boating and boating related topics. HB got pretty wild on off topic. Certainly lots of nasty comments on almost all threads. Personnaly I thought somes threads were just sick so I choose not to read them. I also believe that it should be my choice to read them or not. I'm not sure I would have done things the way the new owner did but I am sure it's his to do with as he pleases. Right or wrong he has to live with it. As for me, I wish HB all the best.

hkunz
07-14-2008, 07:50 PM
The only downside I see here is that now I have to check three forums instead of two. Just jets is better than the perf boats jet forum, and this forum is better with the tech stuff. The Perf boats forum is a bit whiny and has all the drama queens bitching because their hair stiffener doesn't perform while justifying an online-only format....
So, never banned, just looking for info on boats, and looking to meet folks into boats.

dgie
07-14-2008, 09:19 PM
I will hang out and see how things go here also, but I will now be on 3 boards like others have mentioned..... just can't believe this all happened, Its like someone declared war or something, just friken unbelievable were all adults here, and it's just friken unbelievable.
Well no sense kicking a dead horse so I am off my rant now. I wish they had that smiley kicking the dead horse on this site i would use it, that smiley is fricken hilarious.

Baja Big Dog
07-21-2008, 07:03 AM
I like this site & I'm sure it will grow,
The people who are here now can be the new A team!;)
Doubtful Delta...doubtful!!!

damdonzi
07-21-2008, 11:30 AM
Well I'm new here so it grew by at least one member. It sounds like I missed a lot of past drama but that's OK, that's not what I'm into. If I wanted to argue all the time I'd get married. I also like speedwake and being a Donzi fanatic donzi.net is my favorite. OSO is a little too big and a lot of ugliness. I wish this site well and Hot Boat magazine too. I will continue to subscribe.
edit: My join date was in '05 but for some reason I never came back or posted until a couple of months ago. Not sure how that happened!!

mike37
07-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks.
is the picture gallery back up yet