PDA

View Full Version : Berkley Pump Fire Hose Attachment?

LakePowellHoward
07-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Hey,
I have be reading these forums for a long time but never posted. Maybe someone can help me, I have an old Sanger double bubble with a jet drive on it. I used to have a metal thing that replaced the nozzle on my Berkely drive and allowed us to attach a fire hose to the pump. We would use the hose to wash off the houseboat decks, build slip-n-slides for the kids at Powell, and to other fun stuff. I left the attachment on the deck of our houseboat this last trip and someone must have stolen it, because it is now gone. Does anyone know where I can buy another.
Thanks,
Howard

Havasu1986
07-14-2008, 07:04 PM
What was the other threads. Were they NPT 1 1/2"

SixDays
07-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Fire hose is NST, or national standard thread. Pipe threads won't work...

little rowe boat
07-14-2008, 08:38 PM
Go to L&N curtis firefighting equipment.

Havasu1986
07-15-2008, 10:13 AM
Fire hose is NST, or national standard thread. Pipe threads won't work...
I wrote the other end. I have a bunch of fire hose fittings that are 1 1/2" pipe threads on 1 end and fire hose threads on the other end. My company installs fire sprinklers and fire hoses. Also you can go to any rental yard and buy a 1 1/2" discharge type hose (used on ditch pumps) that has pipe threads.

LakePowellHoward
07-16-2008, 11:12 AM
I don't think I'm making myself clear, sorry. I think the adapter was actually made by the same people who make Berkely Jet pumps. It fit in place of the "bucket" on my 12JE pump and made it so a firehose could be attached to my boat. The boat doesn't really move when the hose is attached but it pumps out huge volumes of water. I think it's a discontinued item that Berkely use to make.
Thanks,
Howard

Havasu1986
07-16-2008, 11:54 AM
I don't think I'm making myself clear, sorry. I think the adapter was actually made by the same people who make Berkely Jet pumps. It fit in place of the "bucket" on my 12JE pump and made it so a firehose could be attached to my boat. The boat doesn't really move when the hose is attached but it pumps out huge volumes of water. I think it's a discontinued item that Berkely use to make.
Thanks,
Howard
Oh...Nevermind..:)