PDA

View Full Version : FTA Receivers

Backtanner
07-17-2008, 03:41 AM
Anybody know much about these? ie legal(ish) way of getting free satellite tv? With Directv sticking it to me for $100/mo one of the midrange units should pay for itself after two months. Besides receiver, what else would one need to go from current Directv to this setup?

vmjtc3
07-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Anybody know much about these? ie legal(ish) way of getting free satellite tv? With Directv sticking it to me for $100/mo one of the midrange units should pay for itself after two months. Besides receiver, what else would one need to go from current Directv to this setup?
Search the web. Lots of info. Also there is a forum called fta nubies .com or something like that.

harrisonmirage
07-25-2008, 10:52 AM
I have 2 dishes and get dishnetwork on echostar 6.8 and 7. I still have basic cable because when it gets shot down there might not be a fix for a day or so.My total investment for 2 dishes and 2 receivers with switches and wire was under 500 bucks.

DAB
07-30-2008, 02:05 PM
There are quite a few places to go and read up, I like ftaforall.net (currently down) Quite a few newbie sections, how to's, etc..etc.. You can pick up for cheap a DishProPlus setup (dish/lnb's) no external switch need with the DPP. In the states for Dish it's Sat 110 & 119. If I was ever going to do FTA I would look at a SonicView or Viewsat receiver, ease of use, GUI interface.. just my .02 from what I've read :D