PDA

View Full Version : Washington, Idaho and Oregon jetters

jrork
07-19-2008, 06:44 AM
Thought I might post up this link to a gathering over the Labor Day weekend.
We had 57 boats turn up last year and this year is expected to be better.
Reply or PM me if you have any questions.......john
http://www.performanceboats.com/html/forums/showthread.php?t=1825

TAPPED OUT
07-19-2008, 01:12 PM
Where is this shindig supposed to be at?

jrork
07-20-2008, 07:13 AM
Where is this shindig supposed to be at?
Hey TO, this is over at Potholes Reservoir (sp?) off I-90 by Moses Lake.
It's a 23,000 acre warm water lake with tons of small sandy islands and inlets so there's always someplace you can tuck away out of any wind that may come up.
There's a state park and a private campground on the lake and then the city of Moses Lake is about 30 minutes away with lots of hotels, motels, parts stores and the essentials.
Love to have you hook up with the gang. There's a pretty large contingent that comes from the Snohomish County area and you'd could caravan over with some of them.

TAPPED OUT
07-20-2008, 08:06 PM
If I am able to get the day off I will be there. Sound like it should be a fun time, I always wanted to go over there and check it out but have been too busy.

TAPPED OUT
07-20-2008, 08:18 PM
I probally wont be caravaning with anyone from Snohomish County, I am over here in spokane county. Fairchild AFB.

jrork
07-21-2008, 05:43 AM
I probally wont be caravaning with anyone from Snohomish County, I am over here in spokane county. Fairchild AFB.
Oh hell yah, that's a easy drive from Spokane. I'll pm you some cell numbers so when you're coming we can make sure we hook up (it's a huge lake).
By the way, Thanks for Serving.......take care......john

devanwon
07-21-2008, 06:54 PM
were is this at in relation to portland oregon? I am here and would look at coming up, anyone from this area going?? someone to caravan with.

TAPPED OUT
07-21-2008, 07:59 PM
I should be ready to go by labor day. I just had to rebuild my motor and did some mods to it, spun a bearing two weeks ago. Then just my luck I started my new engine on the trailer to let it run for a bit and saw gas leaking from the tank. The dam fiberglass tank has pin holes in it where the 10% ethanol gas ate away the resin. I have a new plastic tank coming and should be here tommorow or wednsday. Hopefully it wont take much to put it back in (it is a under the bow tank what a pain in the ass). Hopefully I will be able to go out for some short cruises by the end of this week to break it in a little.

jrork
07-22-2008, 05:23 AM
were is this at in relation to portland oregon? I am here and would look at coming up, anyone from this area going?? someone to caravan with.
Pat of Wicked Boats is bringing up one of his (I think it's the blowninjectedalcohol burning Wicked#4) from Nevada. Depending on what way he's going, you could maybe hook up with him on the way up. There's also some coming from Southern Washington (Longview area) and you could probably hook up with them as well.
My mapping program recommends you go Hwy 84 and then head north up to Moses Lake from there.
Let me know if you're coming up and I'll try to get you hooked up with some of them.
Good luck with the tank swap Tapped Out, get that thing done so you make it.
John

jrork
07-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Okay folks. Were up to 36 of the regulars confirmed. Figuring there's many more of the regular gang that we haven't heard from yet and the fact that we're still a month away, last years count of 57 boats is in serious jeapordy. Gotta love that!!!

TAPPED OUT
07-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Tank is in and boat is on the water. Hopefully I dont break it before labor day lol..

jrork
07-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Tank is in and boat is on the water. Hopefully I dont break it before labor day lol..
Attaboy. Way to step up. This is gonna be off the hook.
If you haven't already, check out Skagenboats.com. That's where all the NW guys hang out and I have a running tally there. There's also a thread that's a sticky that shows what you missed last year and what to expect this year (if it isn't better).
Glad you're coming. I'll be in the blown 18' Red White & Blue Brendella. Look me up....john

jrork
07-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Here's an update, we're up to 41 boats confirmed

BrotherWolf
07-25-2008, 03:01 PM
man that sure sounds like fun, But I sure would like to get the interior done on my tahiti first before going to that...those are some great looking boats:D

jrork
07-25-2008, 07:17 PM
man that sure sounds like fun, But I sure would like to get the interior done on my tahiti first before going to that...those are some great looking boats:D
Crap man, throw a lawn chair in it and call the interior dun! I'm speaking for the gang here and saying that we'd rather see a boat in the water with a lawn chair for interior (assuming it's safe) versus one that is all dialed in with all the purdy stuff. Trust me, these guys have been bustin my balls for a year and a half as I try to get the POS floatable.
Hope to see you out there Brutha...........john

jrork
07-28-2008, 03:28 PM
Okay, the latest count of boats confirmed is now threatening 70. Gonna be off the hook........

jrork
08-02-2008, 07:07 AM
Okay, we're now up to 74 boats confirmed with a nice mix of jets, V-drives and OB's. Sounds like there's lots of water (to the point that some of the low campsites at the resort are still underwater) so the concerns of low water aren't going to materialize.
See everybody there and if you are going to come and havent let me know, please do so so I can add you to the running tab.

KONAKID
08-08-2008, 04:46 PM
That looks like fun,,, sometimes i think i have the only old school jet boat in Idaho.
would be nice to meet some new people with same interests.

jrork
08-08-2008, 04:59 PM
That looks like fun,,, sometimes i think i have the only old school jet boat in Idaho.
would be nice to meet some new people with same interests.
Are you kidding me? Bring that boat out. There's some folks coming from Idaho so hook up with them in the convoy. Were over 75 boats confirmed and expect over 100. The more boats the better. Iff'n you run 100+ or 45+, it just doesn't matter. Hell, we even let outboards attend....
We'd love to have you show up
Let me know if you have any questions....john

SteveCat
08-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Crap man, throw a lawn chair in it and call the interior dun! I'm speaking for the gang here and saying that we'd rather see a boat in the water with a lawn chair for interior (assuming it's safe) versus one that is all dialed in with all the purdy stuff. Trust me, these guys have been bustin my balls for a year and a half as I try to get the POS floatable.
Hope to see you out there Brutha...........john
Sometimes lawn chairs are classy!

jrork
08-15-2008, 06:32 AM
Sometimes lawn chairs are classy!
Now that's what I'm talking about!!!! I'm digging the built in oscillating air conditioner/defogger too....:D
You coming to the bash Steve?
We're now up to 79 boats confirmed with many likely to show up unannouced.
I'm thinking is likely to break 100 given we only thought 20+- were showing up last year and there was a total of 57.