PDA

View Full Version : All the boat nuts !! WHAT IS IT ??

frogII
07-24-2008, 01:02 PM
OK all you boat nuts let's see who can figure out what this is.
14 foot , Hull; front tunnel , back flat , 20" transom, well built and very solid transom bottom 3" to 2+" at top
no markings or names , from the hardware I've pulled off I'm guessing early to mid 60's,
The guy I got it from said him and his brother built it , but he didn't seem to have the know how , anything is possible.
Any info is always helpful.

DSIDan
08-07-2008, 01:55 PM
OK all you boat nuts let's see who can figure out what this is.
14 foot , Hull; front tunnel , back flat , 20" transom, well built and very solid transom bottom 3" to 2+" at top
no markings or names , from the hardware I've pulled off I'm guessing early to mid 60's,
The guy I got it from said him and his brother built it , but he didn't seem to have the know how , anything is possible.
Any info is always helpful.
It looks like one of those resort boats that you rent while in Mexico to take "speed boat tours" in. The thing is kinda cool, you gonna hang some heat on the back?

rshrp2003
08-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Damm..... Ugly.....

riverbound
08-08-2008, 05:41 AM
Damm..... Ugly.....
LOL...thats funny considering the Gel on the boat in your avatar :idea:

twocents
08-08-2008, 07:49 AM
This is just a guess, but it looks a lot like the boats they once used at a place up in the San Francisco /Bay area called Marine World/Africa USA about 35 years ago. It was a combination "Sea World"/zoo and amusement park with a several times a day waterski and boat stunt show. We used similar boats (white with red and blue stars)to do the ramp jumps and precision driving maneuvers. Assuming you found this boat in middle America (Minnesota), it might have been a boat that the Tommy Barlett Ski Shows once used (very popular in the 1970s in the mid-west). Don't think it was a Cypress Gardens ski show boat -- those looked different. You might check with some of the local water ski show clubs in your area (like the Rockford Jays) -- someone might be able to identify it for certain.

Sunburnt
08-08-2008, 01:24 PM
It's a Commando U2. I don't think they made a whole lot of them.
More info here: http://www.fiberglassics.com/u2/
Jeff

rshrp2003
08-08-2008, 02:51 PM
If that boat in your avatar is really yours , the faded yellow color doesn't look that good .How old is it ?.I would suggest its time for a trade in .You don't have alot of room to talk trash ....

grads2112
08-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Just another jealous hater....now run along with your little boy boat.

Prowler
08-08-2008, 04:44 PM
STFU grads

rshrp2003
08-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Just another jealous hater....now run along with your little boy boat.
He really should consider putting his boat in a museum, it's a friggen antique . He can't be serious , did he get a tow package with that boat as i'm sure it breaks down often;
"1976 ",wow impressive , i'm sure he went all out with the $$$ , is it even paid for ?.....what a joke. A 32 year old beater boat , you really shouldn't be on these forums.......

thatguy
08-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Jesus, I think Grads made a new friend. :eek:
112 posts and dictating who should be on here. Every time I check back here I feel dirty.
What a joke. I believe you are right, you probably wouldn't look back.

rshrp2003
08-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Jesus, I think Grads made a new friend. :eek:
112 posts and dictating who should be on here. Every time I check back here I feel dirty.
What a joke. I believe you are right, you probably wouldn't look back.
This guy comes on these forums and bashes hot boat , the forums and the people on it . If he posted somthing derogatory about your boat, would you think its funny and laugh it off ? I probably could, but consider the source this what he does >I'm sorry I"M not going to .

thatguy
08-09-2008, 06:56 AM
This guy comes on these forums and bashes hot boat , the forums and the people on it . If he posted somthing derogatory about your boat, would you think its funny and laugh it off ? I probably could, but consider the source this what he does >I'm sorry I"M not going to .
I wouldn't call that a "bashing". poking a little fun maybe.

twocents
08-09-2008, 08:51 AM
"Sunburnt" is right -- it is a Commando U2 -- I forgot all about that boat. Almost bought one in 1960 while also considering a Glasspar G3 and a 14-foot Nylox. Wound up buying a 12'6" Powercat instead -- great boat. Then moved up to a Powercat 15C, first with a single and then with twin Johnson 75HP V-4s. And great "resto" pix of "Sunburnt's" 15C Powercat project on his website -- just a thought but might want to add an adjustable tunnel plate (tab) -- just need a couple of feet of S/S piano hinge, some 3/8" aluminum plate and four cavitation plate turnbuckles -- definitely made the boat easier to get on plane and was a little extra margin of safety from a blow-over.

Beer-30
08-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Well, one thing I can identify is the V emblem on the nose. That is off of the trunk of a 1957 Chevrolet. The bottom toward the center has an indentation on each side for lifting the trunk lid with your fingers.

rshrp2003
08-09-2008, 11:14 AM
I could almost understand if he was a friend of mine or we new each other and had that kind of bantor , but this guy doesn't know me , has never seen my boat and under normal cicumstance you DON'T make derogatory statements about other peoples boats .For instance , I know my boat is not the best or baddests boat out there and alot of the people on these forums have a better boat than me , but I wouln't dare cross the line and say somthing negative about their boat , especially if their boat was way better than mine .My responce is due to him making a stupid ass coment that he thinks is funny and the intention is not to just poke fun.

Beer-30
08-09-2008, 11:27 AM
I could almost understand if he was a friend of mine or we new each other and had that kind of bantor , but this guy doesn't know me , has never seen my boat and under normal cicumstance you DON'T make derogatory statements about other peoples boats .For instance , I know my boat is not the best or baddests boat out there and alot of the people on these forums have a better boat than me , but I wouln't dare cross the line and say somthing negative about their boat , especially if their boat was way better than mine .My responce is due to him making a stupid ass coment that he thinks is funny and the intention is not to just poke fun.
Damm..... Ugly.....
I believe the above quote was YOU ^^^^^ :idea:

FOXMAN
08-09-2008, 11:50 AM
I believe the above quote was YOU ^^^^^ :idea:
Hear that??? Nothing but crickets now.

thatguy
08-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Hear that??? Nothing but crickets now.
He seems a little high strung. :rolleyes:

Mandelon
08-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Sometimes those lines can be a bit wavy. You know the lines, the ones you don't cross.....:D
Hello, Pot? Kettle here, come in please..... :rolleyes:

frogII
11-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Commando U-2 is correct
very hard to find any info not much out there
I did find one test from " mercury boat house " on scream & fly
pretty cool was tested with a 80hp in-line 6
test is dated 1961 , this is an older boat than mine , this one has the fins
thanks for all the help , even the smart ass comments
( yes it is an ODD DUCK )

waterslinger
11-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Old and cool , needs a 2.5 and a 6 pak of froot of the looms.