PDA

View Full Version : Lake Pleasant

phebus
03-08-2006, 09:08 PM
After seeeing Froggy's trip to Lake Pleasant, I'd like to visit it some day. How big a lake is it compared to say Elsinore or Perris? Is it worth a trip from Havasu?

OutCole'd
03-08-2006, 09:11 PM
That's one of the dumbest questions I have ever heard. :)
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23DSC01147.JPG

Magic34
03-08-2006, 09:15 PM
After seeeing Froggy's trip to Lake Pleasant, I'd like to visit it some day. How big a lake is it compared to say Elsinore or Perris? Is it worth a trip from Havasu?
It is really nice for a local lake, but a trip from Havasu to Pleasant???? That isn't worth it. I would take Havasu if I had a daily choice.

phxsleek
03-08-2006, 09:18 PM
I live 15 mins form Pleasant, and LOVE it... I would recomend a visit!! :crossx:

little rowe boat
03-08-2006, 09:19 PM
It is really nice for a local lake, but a trip from Havasu to Pleasant???? That isn't worth it. I would take Havasu if I had a daily choice.
It's a nice place if you live in the phoenix area, but to tow from Havasu, I'd stay at Havasu.Just my .02

ROZ
03-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Looks like the chick in the white skirt has a really nice rack :)

Jordy
03-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Lake Pleasant sucks. Nobody has any fun there. :D :D :D

little rowe boat
03-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Thats why it's nickname is Lake Unpleasant. :D

ROZ
03-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Got any frontals of the chick in the skirt ? :D

Outnumbered
03-08-2006, 09:31 PM
They say the lake is 10,000 surface acres but it does not feel that big to me. Having boated most SoCal lakes I would prefer Pleasant over all of them but Havasu is better by far.

Jordy
03-08-2006, 09:43 PM
So did the girl with the baseball cap and pony tails. That girl was hot too. I didn't get alot of pics on Sunday, but there were plenty of cameras out there. :idea:

littlejake
03-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Everyone of thoes chics had nice big cans....Im with Jordy....Pleasant SUCKS!

Thunder Struck
03-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Here is a pic. of her from last year, she is in the pink!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1778EPSN0037.JPG

prosthogod
03-09-2006, 06:23 AM
Lakepleasant is like this. It is a ~5min. boat ride to humbug cove(thong cove). Anchor there and drink and watch the hotties all day. Great fun but no sand beach what so ever. Ride back to the ramp. The lake is small compared to Havi.

2Driver
03-09-2006, 06:28 AM
If it's to party then I guess it's decent but if it's for the boating/lake it sucks in my opinion. No real beaches, no sandbar, rocky shores and it's very small. Ever heard of Jordy bragging about a tank of fuel lasting all month? Well now you know why. :rollside:
However, the water is failry clear as it is pumped directly from Havasu via the CAP canal. Much better boating lakes around here but no better lake for partying.
Hope that helps.

91nordic29
03-09-2006, 06:45 AM
it's worth it. just to see a new lake. we should plan a weekend for all you havasuvians to come on over and spend the weekend. it is tons better than elsinore and perris.

JB in so cal
03-09-2006, 06:49 AM
Here is a pic. of her from last year, she is in the pink!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1778EPSN0037.JPG
Holy Christ! :220v:

phebus
03-09-2006, 07:44 AM
The one in the middle is definately challenging her stars. Great pic. :)

Jordy
03-09-2006, 07:49 AM
If it's to party then I guess it's decent but if it's for the boating/lake it sucks in my opinion. No real beaches, no sandbar, rocky shores and it's very small. Ever heard of Jordy bragging about a tank of fuel lasting all month? Well now you know why. :rollside:
If we just did the ramp to humbug and no agua fria runs or any other playing around, it would probably last 2 months going out every saturday and sunday. ;)
I'm with you on the no beach thing. Bartlett has the best sandy beaches and coves but isn't a party lake. Saguaro has the party beach but is a pain in the ass to deal with getting on and off the water with the little ramps, not to mention you have to be there at 7:00 in the morning or you end up in the parking lot waiting. Oh, and parking at saguaro for 60 feet of truck and trailer??? Forget about it.
Pleasant is the easiest to deal with and the most fun on average.

2Driver
03-09-2006, 08:24 AM
BTW: Bartlett is going down like someone opened the drain. It is still a bit of a mess from last winters floods and the run off from the Cave Creek complex fire. Last week I saw a whole fricken cottonwood tree in the lake :jawdrop:
You still never know when one of those huge logs that were washed down the Verde river is going to reach up and bite your outdrive. They float just below the surface :mad:

KACHINA KEN
03-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Thunderstruck always has a good crew, when I had the dalmation there was a chick ( on his Scarab ) that shook her boobies and said MOOOOOO, I didn't know how to react to it. :p

Magic34
03-09-2006, 11:15 AM
Thunderstruck always has a good crew, when I had the dalmation there was a chick ( on his Scarab ) that shook her boobies and said MOOOOOO, I didn't know how to react to it. :p
LMAO!!!

Dave C
03-09-2006, 11:19 AM
well if the lake sucks then so be it... the view is great!!....

Chico&Zeus
03-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Pleasant is a great party, no beaches sucks but good times in Humbug are a sure thing, oh and the fact that I live 15 minutes from the water is nice also!

Thunder Struck
03-09-2006, 03:48 PM
I never claimed to have the brightest girls on board..... Dalmation ,cow they both look the same to these girls!! :)

Froggystyle
03-09-2006, 04:30 PM
Havasu was JV on Saturday compared to Pleasant on Sunday.
I personally liked Pleasant. Food on the water, great parking and launch ramp, you can stay overnight if you want to and the quality of folks was really top notch.
I have been to Havasu with a really aggressive SoCal crowd there. I don't think that Pleasant gets the SoCal Heydudes too much, so maybe that is the difference to me.
In any case, I will be at both a lot this year, but I will be at pleasant at least once a month for fun, and at Havasu when there is an event there. Do the math... ;)

Big Warlock
03-09-2006, 04:59 PM
is a horrible place. You shouldn't bother with it at all. Havi has all the great drama, police that love you and rules and stuff. Plus you get all those neat people from all over Ca. that can join you in the channel and have a good time. Don't bother with Pleasant.
The place is totally private with 200 or so boats in the summer weekends. No beach, we suffer with those silly inflatable pools we have behind the boats and all the girls jump off into them to tan and drink. You are usually stuck in the pool section about eye level with.........oh whatever. Music is too loud. It just doesn't have the drama you guys enjoy in Havi. You won't like it, trust me. Too many naked people. etc etc etc. I could go on forever. Much nicer in Havi. Please, stay there. It's all good! :rolleyes:

Sane Asylum
03-09-2006, 06:12 PM
is a horrible place. You shouldn't bother with it at all. Havi has all the great drama, police that love you and rules and stuff. Plus you get all those neat people from all over Ca. that can join you in the channel and have a good time. Don't bother with Pleasant.
The place is totally private with 200 or so boats in the summer weekends. No beach, we suffer with those silly inflatable pools we have behind the boats and all the girls jump off into them to tan and drink. You are usually stuck in the pool section about eye level with.........oh whatever. Music is too loud. It just doesn't have the drama you guys enjoy in Havi. You won't like it, trust me. Too many naked people. etc etc etc. I could go on forever. Much nicer in Havi. Please, stay there. It's all good! :rolleyes:
Rob.......You forgot a couple of things.......It sucks to have to spend the day with your family back in the cove after a quick run up the agua fria, jumping off the cliffs, hangin out in some clear water.......
Then........On holiday weekends getting a slip and never having to leave because somebody decided to have a band come visit their houseboat and those four kegs that were on the other houseboats had beer that was entirely too cold.......Jeez that sucked.....
Oh yea......and a 10 lane lauch ramp that is entirely too easy to launch on and park....even on hell weekends.....
Fock......why did I ever go there........

Magic34
03-09-2006, 06:21 PM
I personally liked Pleasant. Food on the water, great parking and launch ramp, you can stay overnight if you want to and the quality of folks was really top notch.
I have been to Havasu with a really aggressive SoCal crowd there. I don't think that Pleasant gets the SoCal Heydudes too much, so maybe that is the difference to me.
In any case, I will be at both a lot this year, but I will be at pleasant at least once a month for fun, and at Havasu when there is an event there. Do the math... ;)
We'll be out there Memorial Day weekend. I take the Toy Hauler out on Thursday and put it in one of the 2 RV park areas, then come out Friday afternoon with the boat. I leave the toy hauler out there until 4th of July weekend in storage ($40/month). We also bring the golf cart, now Rhino, to drive back and forth from the hauler and the marina where the boat is in a slip.
I will say that Pleasant is great on 4th of July. Tons and tons of people there for the fireworks and Humbug is off the hook. They shoot fireworks off the earth dam for over 30 mintues.

2Driver
03-09-2006, 06:37 PM
I personally liked Pleasant. I will be at pleasant at least once a month for fun, . Do the math... ;)
In other words you got laid. :D :D
Hey can't you tell those of us over here are trying to down play the place -SHHH? :rollside: :)

Big Warlock
03-09-2006, 07:21 PM
I am playing it down! It's a horrible place. Havasu is much, much better. Stay there. Don't bother to come over. We have nothing to offer you. You will like Havi better. Really. I mean it. Really stay there. Don't come here.......got it????? :crossx:

Jordy
03-09-2006, 07:25 PM
I am playing it down! It's a horrible place. Havasu is much, much better. Stay there. Don't bother to come over. We have nothing to offer you. You will like Havi better. Really. I mean it. Really stay there. Don't come here.......got it????? :crossx:
Couldn't have said it better myself BW. Pleasant sucks. Humbug is horrible. Have we ever met? I don't ever go to that place and if I did you wouldn't ever recognize my boat. :D

phebus
03-09-2006, 07:35 PM
OK, you guys have scared me away, so if you ever see a boat that looks like mine, it's not me. Really!!! :)

phxsleek
03-09-2006, 08:58 PM
yeah, that Humbug place is a drag....We even made the mistake of starting a website for it...(see signature) :crossx:

67weimann
03-09-2006, 09:11 PM
Yeah forget that Humbug place, Last time I was there I was with my crazy uncle in his little fishing dingy. Man what a drag...maybe if I had a real boat I could be cool enough to not go there... :D :D

Waist Deep
03-10-2006, 06:43 AM
Isnt Lake Pleasant where that guy rolled his Skater? That was interesting

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-10-2006, 06:57 AM
Pleasant is a nice lake. The women and parties are off the hook! The parking is great!The only bad thing is that the water gets a little rough for us "lowfreeboard" boaters. We will be making several "eastside crew" runs this year. the one thing is that you better check your bilge pump before you head out :220v: :220v: :220v:

BadKachina
03-10-2006, 06:58 AM
Yes it is where it flipped, at 40 mph.......... :idea:
That lake isn't safe, I would stick to LHC. Jordy's pool is full anyways....... :rollside:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-10-2006, 06:58 AM
Thats because of an incompetent driver :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-10-2006, 06:59 AM
I think havasu's water is waaaaaaay worse than lake pleasants.....

Waist Deep
03-10-2006, 07:22 AM
That was one hell of a topic. Is that the guy who owned the stereo shop who started a fight at Moabi.