PDA

View Full Version : Need info on Litchfield flatty from 70's!!

3:30dirty
07-29-2008, 06:23 PM
I am looking for a specific boat that my dad owned in I believe the early 70's. It was built by the Litchfields in their garage in Oceanside I think. It was painted the yellow color of the original Coors beer can and had "Intercoors" painted on the side. I know my dad sunk it in the Carlsbad lagoon in the mid 70's but it was pulled up and motor was taken out. Beyond that I am not sure where it went. Any info would be cool. Sorry, I am trying to get a few pics from my mom but cant seem to find them. Thanks, Jason

twocents
07-30-2008, 01:57 PM
This is a longshot, but maybe worth a try. A water ski racer by the name of Rick Lathrop used to practice almost daily at Carlsbad Lagoon back in the late 1960s and early to mid 70s behind his dad's (Fred) V-drive flatty. Fred actually ran the marina concession at Carlsbad for a long time. If anybody during that era would have sunk a boat at Carlsbad, Fred or Rick would have probably known about it. Rick is now living in Lake Havasu and last I heard had a swimming pool cleaning service. Sorry, I don't have a current phone number. You might try contacting the National Water Ski Racing Association for a contact (www.nwsra.net), Rick's daughter Ashley entered a few races earlier this year. Good luck.

63stevens
07-31-2008, 12:57 PM
Try getting a hold of Dave Sammons over on PB site, post this topic in the V-drive section over there, thats where most of the guys went.

3:30dirty
08-03-2008, 11:48 AM
This is a longshot, but maybe worth a try. A water ski racer by the name of Rick Lathrop used to practice almost daily at Carlsbad Lagoon back in the late 1960s and early to mid 70s behind his dad's (Fred) V-drive flatty. Fred actually ran the marina concession at Carlsbad for a long time. If anybody during that era would have sunk a boat at Carlsbad, Fred or Rick would have probably known about it. Rick is now living in Lake Havasu and last I heard had a swimming pool cleaning service. Sorry, I don't have a current phone number. You might try contacting the National Water Ski Racing Association for a contact (www.nwsra.net), Rick's daughter Ashley entered a few races earlier this year. Good luck.
Thanks, my dad used to ski with the Lathrops back in the day..no luck from them. Thanks for the info!