PDA

View Full Version : Sirius xm merger

rshrp2003
07-29-2008, 07:41 PM
What does it mean? I have sirius currently and really like it and hope that i am able to choose chanels from both with out the price gonig up. what do you think?

yamahajet
07-30-2008, 08:44 AM
If you want to have some selected channels from xm it will be $4.00 more per month.

Hardly Satisfied
07-30-2008, 09:10 AM
What does it mean? I have sirius currently and really like it and hope that i am able to choose chanels from both with out the price gonig up. what do you think?
Waiting to hear also.

JustMVG
07-30-2008, 09:46 AM
I haven't heard about the 4 buck charge for selected channels but that of course some of the channels will be merged, the music channel redundance will try to be eliminated, no need for 2 alternative 2 Jazz etc. and the NASCAR Indy channels will be available to both XM and Sirius acct holders

yamahajet
07-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Mel Carmazin CEO of Sirius was on Howard Stern Talking about The $4.00 more for Additional channels, Such As Baseball. This Mornings show. unknown is how soon it is going to be available. :D

stix818
07-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Hope they keep sirius 24 and 28. Only two music channels I like on either one!! Can't wait for it to happen!!!!!

cc322
07-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Read this it explains it pretty well
http://www.siriusmerger.com/

rshrp2003
07-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Read this it explains it pretty well
http://www.siriusmerger.com/
Thanks for the link... I would really like to get opie and anthony from xm , they had an awsome show when they were on radio. Can you remember W.O.W , aka " whip em out wednesday's ". I used to see those stickers on cars all over the place .... some funny s

GHT
07-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Well I do know that Tuesday morning, first thing, I looked at the stock as soon as it opened and it dropped from $1.88 to $1.50 in a matter of seconds. I bought several shares at $1.51 and now it is at $1.65... I really thought it would shoot higher than that but I understand the "details" have to be worked out.. I think I'll sit on this one for a while:D :D ...

stix818
07-31-2008, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the link... I would really like to get opie and anthony from xm , they had an awsome show when they were on radio. Can you remember W.O.W , aka " whip em out wednesday's ". I used to see those stickers on cars all over the place .... some funny s
They're not to bad. Listen to them every morning on the way in and listen to Howard in the geerage at night. I hope they will be able to work things out between them and have them both!!! The head honcho (I think his name is Mell or something like that) was on Opie and Anthony yesterday and talked a little about it.

rshrp2003
08-01-2008, 05:45 PM
mel karmazin was on howard as well .What he talked about was the two services will remain the same for quite some time. They can't merge the channels with the current satelites that they have.He said 2012 was the projected time frame for that type of satelite . I was hoping somthing could be done to get some of the xm stations sooner