PDA

View Full Version : Damn V-Drive Lurkers

MudPumper
03-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Says there are 47 peeps viewing the Jets Section.... :eek: :eek: Deep down those V-Drivers wish they had a jet. :crossx:

77charger
03-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Says there are 47 peeps viewing the Jets Section.... :eek: :eek: Deep down those V-Drivers wish they had a jet. :crossx:one thing true is i HAD a jet
:D

Moneypitt
03-08-2006, 09:52 PM
I own a v drive hydro, wrench a v drive flat, and also own a Tahiti jet, so what is your point?.........MP

dmontzsta
03-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Most people go from a jet to a v-drive, it doesnt go the other way too much. :)

69 YENKO
03-08-2006, 10:40 PM
My Buddy Steve @ Fab Works And I Are Going To Have Some Fun This Year V-drive Or Jet Lol

Focker
03-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Just Bought Me A 91 18' Ultra Jet

wsuwrhr
03-08-2006, 11:18 PM
got both

QuickJet
03-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Went from a jet to a V-Drive as well. The only way I'll ever get another jet is if the wife wants one. I'll keep the V-drive and she can drive the jet.

LakesOnly
03-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Got one of each and couldn't be happier. :D
LO

Wicked Performance Boats
03-09-2006, 04:54 AM
I started over 50 yrs ago in a clampon, when to i/o, then vdrive, now and forever a jet lover. Driving a vdrive is like riding a bucking bronco on the water! and if jets are so bad, why is it the most popular forum besides the sandbar? Budlight

Dimarco Kid
03-09-2006, 06:58 AM
Nordic v-drive....then to a Southwind Formula jet....then to a Dimarco Hydro....now in a Southwind jet again and on my way to a Cheyenne. Gotta say JET...hydro rock n rolled BIGTIME buy love the jets.

TRG
03-09-2006, 07:11 AM
Most people go from a jet to a v-drive, it doesnt go the other way too much. :)
Don,...I think influence has alot more to do with the way you swing here pal, when you started on HB you were cool about anything anyone had,...but here lately,... i think you would have to be pretty blind not to see that there is a whole lot more jet bashing going on from you, wouldnt you agree??
Todd

dmontzsta
03-09-2006, 07:13 AM
Don,...I think influence has alot more to do with the way you swing here pal, when you started on HB you were cool about anything anyone had,...but here lately,... i think you would have to be pretty blind not to see that there is a whole lot more jet bashing going on from you, wouldnt you agree??
Todd
I couldnt agree more, is it upsetting you a bit? You seem to be one of the few taking it seriously. It is the bench racing way, worse things fly over there. It is just the internet, dont take it so seriously.

LakesOnly
03-09-2006, 08:09 AM
....then to a Southwind Formula jet....then to a Dimarco Hydro....What a coincidence, those are the two brand/types of boats I currently own too...Southwind Formula 1 and a Dimarco Hydro.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/350Anderson_New_Motor.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/350A.jpg
LO
p.s. I couldn't give a flyin' fukc about the rivalry; power boats kick ass. :)

dmontzsta
03-09-2006, 08:16 AM
What a coincidence, those are the two brand/types of boats I currently own too...Southwind Formula 1 and a Dimarco Hydro.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/350Anderson_New_Motor.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/350A.jpg
LO
p.s. I couldn't give a flyin' fukc about the rivalry; power boats kick ass. :)
Paul, that is the first pic of your hydro I have seen. That thing looks like it is in great shape.
I will call you in the next day or so, so we can get caught up.

LakesOnly
03-09-2006, 08:37 AM
Paul, that is the first pic of your hydro I have seen.
I really don't want to show it too much until it's finished...

dmontzsta
03-09-2006, 08:40 AM
I really don't want to show it too much until it's finished...
Is that a robinson bmx on the left?
:rollside:

QuickJet
03-09-2006, 08:46 AM
and if jets are so bad, why is it the most popular forum besides the sandbar? Budlight
C'mon, is that even a valid argument for owning a jet over any other drive?

QuickJet
03-09-2006, 08:49 AM
Is that a robinson bmx on the left?
:rollside:
Ha, I used to race a Robinson back in the day. When did they start making the top bar intersect with the bottom bar so far back from the fork housing. It almost looks like a SE Racing quad.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-09-2006, 10:13 AM
I rode a robinson back in the day. They were heavy, I always had a gt mach 1;)

dmontzsta
03-09-2006, 10:28 AM
I rode a robinson back in the day. They were heavy, I always had a gt mach 1;)
GTs were the shit back then. I remember my friend's dad popped for an Elf, that little ****er was unbeatable. You know the one, with the paper thin tires and you could lift it with your pinky. Some kids have all the luck. I still have a mut bike hanging above the boat, it is a redline frame with GT neck and other goodies, 3 piece crank and the whole bit, like a junkyard bike now.

Dimarco Kid
03-09-2006, 10:29 AM
What a coincidence, those are the two brand/types of boats I currently own too...Southwind Formula 1 and a Dimarco Hydro.
Yeah I had a red n white Formula with a blown 454 in it. Went pretty good, didn't have full length stringers tho...if I had kept it...it would've have. Here's a pic of the hydro before redo and blower motor.
Your's are sweet man...both of them!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3286Crowley.jpg

Wicked Performance Boats
03-09-2006, 12:05 PM
C'mon, is that even a valid argument for owning a jet over any other drive?
Was not meant to validate an argument. Budlight

TRG
03-09-2006, 05:53 PM
I couldnt agree more, is it upsetting you a bit? You seem to be one of the few taking it seriously. It is the bench racing way, worse things fly over there. It is just the internet, dont take it so seriously.
You don't upset me at all Don,....and....come to think of it, i dont take you or anything you say on these forums seriously, i usually just scroll past what you and the jetboat bashers are usually replying to, but when you and others go into a section that is named "Just Jets" and claim that, "It is the bench racing way",....well that is the exact reason why ol' HB threw in the BR forum! am I wrong?... dont take me wrong Don, i dont have a problem with you or anyone else on these boards (well chet is an exception) but everyone is entitled to their own opinions, Right?
Todd

dmontzsta
03-09-2006, 07:47 PM
You don't upset me at all Don,....and....come to think of it, i dont take you or anything you say on these forums seriously, i usually just scroll past what you and the jetboat bashers are usually replying to, but when you and others go into a section that is named "Just Jets" and claim that, "It is the bench racing way",....well that is the exact reason why ol' HB threw in the BR forum! am I wrong?... dont take me wrong Don, i dont have a problem with you or anyone else on these boards (well chet is an exception) but everyone is entitled to their own opinions, Right?
Todd
You make a good point, the way I look at it is...it is just the internet. Things get taken out of context ALL THE TIME. It all depends on the mood of the reader and the tone of voice he uses to read it in his head. It is all very interesting if you sit down to think about it.
BTW: I am no jet boat basher. Look through my threads and you will see I am just arguing a valid point about prop boats being unsafe.

beerjet
03-09-2006, 08:14 PM
dmontzsta is kind of right on about the whole prop thing. ESPECIALLY ON V-DRIVES.If anyone is that close to the prop (ON A V-DRIVE) there is a whole lot more wrong than just the mechanics of the drive. The way I see it is if your that close to a pump , your probably gonna get sucked into the fookin pump.
In my opinion , the only dangerous props are the I/O and O/B . A girl I went to school with was doin some typical partying on an I/O at an idle or something , got bumped , all but got her head cut off. Needless to say she didnt live. Some people like v-drives and some people like jets . I dont know what the big deal is . They all look the same haulin ass.

lilrick
03-09-2006, 09:20 PM
well I believe that we're comparing apples and oranges. Depends on the application of the boat such as: racing, pleasure boating, shallow water, deep water, etc.. I know that in circle racing the more hardware that is in the water the better!!!!!!!!!!

dmontzsta
03-09-2006, 09:50 PM
dmontzsta is kind of right on about the whole prop thing. ESPECIALLY ON V-DRIVES.If anyone is that close to the prop (ON A V-DRIVE) there is a whole lot more wrong than just the mechanics of the drive. The way I see it is if your that close to a pump , your probably gonna get sucked into the fookin pump.
In my opinion , the only dangerous props are the I/O and O/B . A girl I went to school with was doin some typical partying on an I/O at an idle or something , got bumped , all but got her head cut off. Needless to say she didnt live. Some people like v-drives and some people like jets . I dont know what the big deal is . They all look the same haulin ass.
Whatever you say is good with me. (As I stare at your sig) :220v: :)

TRG
03-09-2006, 11:11 PM
You make a good point, the way I look at it is...it is just the internet. Things get taken out of context ALL THE TIME. It all depends on the mood of the reader and the tone of voice he uses to read it in his head. It is all very interesting if you sit down to think about it.
BTW: I am no jet boat basher. Look through my threads and you will see I am just arguing a valid point about prop boats being unsafe.
Prop boats are unsafe! v-drives are not as unsafe in my book of "I know nothing"!

Squirtcha?
03-10-2006, 02:06 AM
If I'm not mistaken, you can go back and look at all the posts regarding prop boats being unsafe and see that the three incidents that were brought up (two there and one here) were with regards to outboards and I/O's..........not v-drives.
Nobody ever said anything about v-drives. So....................untwist those panties before you hurt yourself. :cool:

dmontzsta
03-10-2006, 07:26 AM
If I'm not mistaken, you can go back and look at all the posts regarding prop boats being unsafe and see that the three incidents that were brought up (two there and one here) were with regards to outboards and I/O's..........not v-drives.
Nobody ever said anything about v-drives. So....................untwist those panties before you hurt yourself. :cool:
You are right, I read prop boats as v-drives, cause I dont consider I/Os boats.
:)

superdave013
03-10-2006, 09:06 AM
prop boat are great for a few things. One thing that we did as kids as put Dad's I/O on the boat lift until only the prop and water pick up was in the water. Then bump it in gear and give it some gas until there was a nice prop wash out the back. Then of course we would jump off the swim step into it and get blasted out to sea. My dad came unglued when he found out about that stunt. lol
We always had prop boats. Both I/O and outboards. As kids a bike did us no good as there was no place to ride other then a chip and seal road. The main transpo was fishing boats with 10 ~ 20 hp outboards. Then we started building small 8 ~ 10' wood boats too. We raced them, palyed chicken in them, drove them off the ski jump and all kinds of other crazy, stupid stuff. This all went down before any of us were 16 years old.
All I can say is if some one gets hurt by a prop it's not the boat's fault. It's the guy behind the wheel's fault. Any boat should be shut off when people are getting in and out when swimming or sking. If someone falls off the back and gets wacked that only happend because the driver did not make sure everyone was sitting in a seat when the boat is moving.
Jets, props and even sail. They are all fun in their own way. And if the captain does not have just a little commen sense someone can get hurt on any of them.

Schiada Time
03-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Grew up ina '22 schiada I/O and my Dad was always real anal about us telling him when we were jumping in the water and all us kids still have ten fingers and ten toes. Its all in the operator! Grew up around props and first boat was a jet. I have no issues with jets as they are great for the river and in shallow water conditions but for efficiency in larger boats (a big boat to me is 21-22) jets are inefficient. I cant even imagine my '22 Schiada with a jet-it would be a slug. If you are running a daycruiser with a pump you better have alot of HP or br prepared to crawl. It really depends on the type of boating you do. i use to boat mostly on Needles/Park Moabi, and Blythe but boat mostly on lake Mead now so I bought a V-drive.

86 catalina
03-10-2006, 05:36 PM
I just sold a 68 hallett flattie for a open bow jet love them both....

weekendwarrior
03-10-2006, 09:27 PM
and if jets are so bad, why is it the most popular forum besides the sandbar? Budlight
Because they are inexpensive! Dare I say cheap. No offence jet boat guys. Your the most fun to hang with at the lake.

PLASTIC MAN
03-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Says there are 47 peeps viewing the Jets Section.... :eek: :eek: Deep down those V-Drivers wish they had a jet. :crossx:
YOU SHOULD TALK TO SOFA KING! HE JUST WENT ( AC- DC ) ON ALL YOU JET BOYS. HE NOW HAS ONE OF MOST BAD ASS V-DRIVES IN THE STATE, OR COUNTRY. " JOE ,TALK YOUR WAY OUT OF THIS!!!!

weekendwarrior
03-10-2006, 10:18 PM
YOU SHOULD TALK TO SOFA KING! HE JUST WENT ( AC- DC ) ON ALL YOU JET BOYS. HE NOW HAS ONE OF MOST BAD ASS V-DRIVES IN THE STATE, OR COUNTRY. " JOE ,TALK YOUR WAY OUT OF THIS!!!!
How could you say that? Have you seen every v-drive in the state or country? I like v-drives too, but don't take it too far. :rollside: