PDA

View Full Version : Hot Boat 8, Performance Boat 2

grads2112
07-30-2008, 01:51 PM
That's exactly how many magazines I have received from both companies this year. Keep up the good work Hot Boat. I didn't realize when I signed up for PB in January that it was a bi-annual magazine.

riverbound
07-30-2008, 01:53 PM
That's exactly how many magazines I have received from both companies this year. Keep up the good work Hot Boat. I didn't realize when I signed up for PB in January that it was a bi-annual magazine.
Guess you should have read the card when you subscribed douchebag. ;)

thatguy
07-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Guess you should have read the card when you subscribed douchebag. ;)
LOL!! No kidding, right on all accounts.
Here is an interesting stat I noticed this morning, Grads may find it revealing.
Logged on members : HB= 2
RDP= 54
Have fun in your little world Grads, ya' joke.

grads2112
07-30-2008, 03:59 PM
I just think that boat companies would be less likely to advertise in a magazine that only comes out twice a year.

twocents
07-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Here's the deal. By the end of this year, Hot Boat will have published eleven printed issues of the magazine as promised. Not an easy feat given the tough economic conditions of the high performance boating market. Performance Boats on the other hand may publish one more printed edition in 2008 for a grand total of three for the year. Granted, Performance Boats does post other online versions, but you have to pay to view them. Hot Boat posts all of their issues online for free -- how can you get a better deal than that? Just my opinion as a very long time boating magazine reader, but the Hot Boat product today is significantly better than the Hot Boat of a year ago published by LFP. I applaud the effort that Performance Boats has made as a start-up magazine, but personally, I was disappointed in their recent second printed edition -- it was not nearly as good in content, photos or graphics as the first issue back in February 2008.
As for the Forums portion of the websites, there's no debate that Performance Boats is a lot more active. I think most of this was caused by some initial bad decisions by the new Hot Boat ownership to shut the site down for several months and ban a bunch of members without giving reasonable warning or cause. I think they've learned a valuable lesson and will have to live with those consequences. For me, this site has been running pretty smoothly for the last couple of months and hope it continues that way in the future.

riverbound
07-30-2008, 04:57 PM
I just think that boat companies would be less likely to advertise in a magazine that only comes out twice a year.
Is that really all you have to respond with?
do you know anything about the magazine industry?
do you know first hand the agreements made between EITHER of the mags and their advertisers?
Do you know anything, or do you just have daihrea of the mouth and spout whatever comes to that little mind of yours. Maybe the "King" should get him self some smart people to fill him in on all of the details.;)
you started by comparing 2 publications..one was $29ish for 2 years and the other was $29ish for one year. Now it doest take a rocket scientist to figure out that one would produce fewer issues. Now maybe that would be a little dificult for someone so dimwitted as yourself to figure out...especially when it is spelled out on their website and was explained when one subscribed at the boat show. ;)
Now c'mon grads, you must have something in that head of yours, by some dumb chance of luck you landed a job and are able to at least make minimum monthly payments on the things you own. You should at least be smart enough to think things through when you are going to call someone out :idea:

riverbound
07-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Here's the deal. By the end of this year, Hot Boat will have published eleven printed issues of the magazine as promised. Not an easy feat given the tough economic conditions of the high performance boating market. Performance Boats on the other hand may publish one more printed edition in 2008 for a grand total of three for the year. Granted, Performance Boats does post other online versions, but you have to pay to view them. Hot Boat posts all of their issues online for free -- how can you get a better deal than that? Just my opinion as a very long time boating magazine reader, but the Hot Boat product today is significantly better than the Hot Boat of a year ago published by LFP. I applaud the effort that Performance Boats has made as a start-up magazine, but personally, I was disappointed in their recent second printed edition -- it was not nearly as good in content, photos or graphics as the first issue back in February 2008.
As for the Forums portion of the websites, there's no debate that Performance Boats is a lot more active. I think most of this was caused by some initial bad decisions by the new Hot Boat ownership to shut the site down for several months and ban a bunch of members without giving reasonable warning or cause. I think they've learned a valuable lesson and will have to live with those consequences. For me, this site has been running pretty smoothly for the last couple of months and hope it continues that way in the future.
Well said...wish all members on this site actually thought things through prior to posting.

Nord
07-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Grads............
Is this your new job here?? To bash people and their posts, companies and their forums. Reading posts like this does not make this forum attractive anymore. I am not the mouthpiece for everyone, but you are helping the demise of this forum. What exactly is your motivation here? What do you gain from these negative posts? Is it retaliation for being banned everywhere else? I'm not trying to make waves, but curious.
BTW, I read both magazines. Its not like there is a glut of performance boating magazines on the market.
~NORD~

Havasu1986
07-30-2008, 06:10 PM
Any truth to the rumor that they have closed their office on Kiowa and are operating out of a garage. I hope the editor in chief Darrin Davidson beats his bout with cancer that he wrote about in the last issue of HB.

grads2112
07-30-2008, 09:49 PM
This is not about me, this is about who puts out a better magazine more often. Hot Boat.

ChumpChange
07-31-2008, 09:13 AM
This is not about me, this is about who puts out a better magazine more often. Hot Boat.
More often.....yes. Better? Too soon to compare.

riverbound
07-31-2008, 02:45 PM
Better is a subjective term...and as far as who puts out a mag more often most defintiely HB. Performance boats NEVER clamed to put out a monthly publication. Are you really that dumb? in fact they specifically said they would not be prodcing a PRINT mag every month. Again Grads you are showing your lack of intelligence, maybe all the time you spend on line being butthurt and trying to trash talk others, could be better used taking some online courses and educating yourself. You have shown us ALL time and timae again how much you NEED it. :rolleyes:

hkunz
07-31-2008, 02:45 PM
Any truth to the rumor that they have closed their office on Kiowa and are operating out of a garage. I hope the editor in chief Darrin Davidson beats his bout with cancer that he wrote about in the last issue of HB.
I thought they moved offices to the same building as "Trophy Wife Fiteness".

grads2112
07-31-2008, 05:23 PM
Better is a subjective term...and as far as who puts out a mag more often most defintiely HB. Performance boats NEVER clamed to put out a monthly publication. Are you really that dumb? in fact they specifically said they would not be prodcing a PRINT mag every month. Again Grads you are showing your lack of intelligence, maybe all the time you spend on line being butthurt and trying to trash talk others, could be better used taking some online courses and educating yourself. You have shown us ALL time and timae again how much you NEED it. :rolleyes:
I'm flattered that you think of me so much but please refer to post #10.;)

riverbound
07-31-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm flattered that you think of me so much but please refer to post #10.;)
Maybe you should make apples to apples compariosons then. refer to post #1
You are comparing one company that does not produce a mag monthly and has never claimed to with another company that does. as far as better...if you really read both mags, they are pretty much the same. you could swap the covers between the 2 and nobody would notice.

grads2112
07-31-2008, 06:42 PM
O.K., let's compare apples to apples.
you started by comparing 2 publications..one was $29ish for 2 years and the other was $29ish for one year
So this means that PB is half the price of ***boat correct? This also means that PB would put out half the magazines that ***boat does right? ***boat will put out 11-12 magazines this year, is PB going to print 5-6 this year? How about them apples?

Pepperkornski
07-31-2008, 08:24 PM
O.K., let's compare apples to apples.
So this means that PB is half the price of ***boat correct? This also means that PB would put out half the magazines that ***boat does right? ***boat will put out 11-12 magazines this year, is PB going to print 5-6 this year? How about them apples?
How many years have these companies been in business? Which company was the first to publish a magazine? I just recently subscribed to both magazines and with all this talk about who is who in the boating world I am just curious. Thanks in advance :)

H20 Toie
08-01-2008, 09:43 AM
Well i know one big advantage that PB website has over HB.
No Grads :)

That Guy
08-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Well i know one big advantage that PB website has over HB.
No Grads :)
Amen to that.....;)

MRS.TNB
08-01-2008, 10:19 AM
theirs a new pic of him over on p/b:idea: :D

gigamurph
08-01-2008, 11:43 AM
http://www.rebelrockrunners.org/gallery/d/15399-3/caution.jpg
http://bushwhacked.net/bits/boring.jpg
Even the Pope thinx dat dis $hit is gettin' old!
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n266/champ8000/Funnies/000063621.jpg

rshrp2003
08-01-2008, 01:11 PM
What is performance boat magazine in business for ? don't they want to sell magazines or is it a side business for them .If their publication is not consistant to the point that their readers don't know when to expect a copy , it certantly can't be good for business

deltaAce
08-01-2008, 06:12 PM
HB......PB.........we have choices, competitors try harder to win more customers & thats good for us.

MRS.TNB
08-07-2008, 08:31 PM
HEY GRADS,your wanted over on riverchat.com:D :idea: :D

Pepperkornski
08-08-2008, 05:55 AM
HEY GRADS,your wanted over on gayriverchat.com:D :idea: :D
:eek: