PDA

View Full Version : eliminator jet drive,, ever heard of them???

KONAKID
08-08-2008, 04:30 PM
I came across a a couple pumps for sale cheap, the guy says they are eliminator XL 3 stage pumps.
ive never heard of em. any info would be helpful thanks.
here are some pics.
the reason im even interested in the pumps is because ive been wanting to build or up fit an alum boat to run on the rivers here in Idaho.

devanwon
08-08-2008, 06:01 PM
never heard of them, would be interesting to know how they are in comparison to a berk....

jetboatperformance
08-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Had my FIRST call/email last week on this from a guy who just bought a boat "cheap" ,limited production, two and three stage impeller jet pumps , NO relationship to Eliminator boats , my source affectionately called them the the "Seattle sewer pipe" :D , similar to a hamilton jets , long since obsolete probably quite valuable to some on who needs one (or parts) Hope this helps Tom

KONAKID
08-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the info,,, could a guy wrong for 500.00???? you would have an extra for parts:confused:
on the other hand, there is a reason why they were removed? and it could be that they are garbage.

jetboatperformance
08-09-2008, 07:17 AM
The price "seems" right if you have a "market" for the jet, remember we get thousands of calls and emails a year and one call ever on that particular jet:D That said I just sent an email to the folks that had sent the inquiry Tom
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/jetboatperformance/Misc/000_0685.jpg

KONAKID
08-09-2008, 07:41 AM
:idea: ;)

POPs@AggressorJets
08-15-2008, 01:03 PM
never heard of them, would be interesting to know how they are in comparison to a berk....A Very Old Pump- AXIAL Flow- base Company made Sewage Pumps Etc- Around the time all Deep well pump Company were trying to jump into Jet Drives. dave

Bluefin
08-15-2008, 06:11 PM
I saw those pumps on Craigs list also. Have no idea about them. Your post cought my attention because you were from Caldwell, I'm in McCall. I have a 21' Howard Mini Daycruiser BBC 468 w/ 8-71. McCall needs a few more fast noisy boats to piss off the tree huggers. Let me know if you ever make it up.
Later, Mike mtnlvn@msn.com

mike.d.
03-30-2013, 10:09 AM
My dad's cousins were partners with the pump designer Mike Brown. They started a boat dealership (Snake River Marine) in Lewiston, ID. The pumps were installed in the blank transoms on mostly Starcraft Boats...thus, they did not come on Starcraft boats from the factory....

What is unique about them is they are a low-RPM/High Volume 3-stage pump....where your Berkeley jet was a single-stage high-RPM/High volume pump....so with a 350 olds, it ran really well....they used the 455's for Hell's Canyon....

I don't know why they had the slur name with sewer in it...they were extremely reliable...The Coast Guard bought 2 Cabin Cruisers with twin-jets in 1976 for patrols on the Snake River to nail salmon poachers....the poachers would stretch a cable across the river to rip out props, etc....so when they were testing their new boats...one went around the cable...the other shot right over it...then they realized then could just go right over the cables and nail the salmon poachers...

My dad bought a 22 ft. Starcraft with the Olds 350...it got a lot of use on Lake Tahoe and in the ocean at Ft. Bragg for salmon fishing...(occasionally, it would suck some kelp into the intake...so we would just shut off the engine and it would get pulled out by the tide pushing us away...)

Its a tough pump...! If you start it out of water, be sure to get a garden hose Y...attach some water pump hose to it....hook it on a garden hose...and put the Y ends where the hose is attached on the pump....this will cool the motor and lubricate the water-lubricated bearing at the same time....if you start it dry out of water, it will make a HORRIBLE sound...it just needs the water to make that go away...thus the garden hose...

Obviously, the Eliminater in the name wasn't spelled like Eliminator...as it should be....my dad's cousins had the last name of Delamater, thus the twist on the spelling...! It was funny...

email me if you have questions...maybe I can help you....sierrasingledad@yahoo.com....Mike