PDA

View Full Version : Theft

bfab3
08-18-2008, 05:09 AM
Some thieving bastard stole my prop from the Nautical Inn this weekend. I was staying there and my boat was in the water. At least it was the day we were leaving.
Thanks to all the guys that helped me get my boat out of the water.
And to the guy who took it, curse your mother for having baird a thief for a son and hope you burn extra long in hell. F*%&er

hotlavey
08-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Some thieving bastard stole my prop from the Nautical Inn this weekend. I was staying there and my boat was in the water. At least it was the day we were leaving.
And to the guy who took it, curse your mother for having baird a thief for a son and hope you burn extra long in hell. F*%&er
Sorry to hear about the theft. Did you have a prop lock on?

grads2112
08-18-2008, 09:47 AM
That sucks! What does a prop lock look like?

thumbs
08-18-2008, 09:50 AM
http://www.secureprop.com/

smasher 5000
08-18-2008, 09:55 AM
man thats low enough let alone whilie ur boat was in the water I thought that boat people weren't like this starting to see this shit more and more these days!! Like the moron that stores his boat next to mine. the dumb ass stole my tags off my boat and put them on his like i wouldn't know th check the serial nuber on the sitckers people just have no respect these days!!

rshrp2003
08-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Sorry to hear about the theft. Did you have a prop lock on?
sounds like the boat was in the water at the time it was stolen..... prop lock?

Hardly Satisfied
08-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Sorry to hear, that sucks

hotlavey
08-18-2008, 01:01 PM
sounds like the boat was in the water at the time it was stolen..... prop lock?
I change my prop frequently in the water with the prop lock on. It's a special nut with a swivel collar that takes a special little socket to unscrew.
http://www.wholesalemarine.com/c/12000706/Prop+%26+Drive+Locks.html?gclid=CLGuxdmkmJUCFQRfag odmAmnOg

rshrp2003
08-18-2008, 03:38 PM
I change my prop frequently in the water with the prop lock on. It's a special nut with a swivel collar that takes a special little socket to unscrew.
http://www.wholesalemarine.com/c/12000706/Prop+%26+Drive+Locks.html?gclid=CLGuxdmkmJUCFQRfag odmAmnOg
I was clueless .....I never knew about this thanks for the info :)

prop check
08-18-2008, 05:45 PM
I have a mcgard prop lock it was only around 50.00 at west marine. good insurance against some p.o.s. who steals.

hotlavey
08-18-2008, 06:28 PM
I was clueless .....I never knew about this thanks for the info :)
You're welcome. Glad to help.

slingingsmoke
08-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Remember...thiefs have proplocks too.... they will carry 10 different keyed lock keys w/ them.. Get a custom ground lock. The only downfall is if you loose your key..you're SOL.
It is not uncommon for thiefs to also remove your DRIVE while parked at the nautical as well.
have fun and stay safe..
Jon.

rshrp2003
08-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Remember...thiefs have proplocks too.... they will carry 10 different keyed lock keys w/ them.. Get a custom ground lock. The only downfall is if you loose your key..you're SOL.
It is not uncommon for thiefs to also remove your DRIVE while parked at the nautical as well.
have fun and stay safe..
Jon.
This sounds like an advertisement to stay away from this hotel .Don't they have any security?

Mandelon
08-18-2008, 08:18 PM
This sounds like an advertisement to stay away from this hotel .Don't they have any security?
Last time I stayed there they had a lot of security. Guards cruising around all night.
but they have a lot of shoreline to watch. And ya never know if its an inside job either I suppose.

finsfan4life
08-18-2008, 08:38 PM
It must have been a Raider fan regatta this weekend...!!!

rshrp2003
08-20-2008, 07:21 PM
I wouln't park a Bently at the oakland colosium either

HemiDude
08-20-2008, 10:28 PM
True that ....Fawkin raider fans:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I wouln't park a Bently at the oakland colosium either