PDA

View Full Version : 455 to 454 Conversion, PTO issue

Boostedballs
09-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Well, I have the 454 sitting there with the flexplate and PTO attached. The PTO seems a bit too short since the left bank exhaust riser hits the transom before the PTO is around the pump shaft.
It looks like I need a PTO that is about 1.5" longer or I need to make a 1.5" spacer to go between the crank and the PTO. That sounds risky. Any ideas?

Jetoholic
09-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Longer driveline...or install a Jet-A-Way :D
Some pics would help too. How does that old saying go? Oh yeah...
THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS!!! :D

jetboatperformance
09-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Which drivelines are you employing 1310 or "rockwell" (see this for DL ed http://www.jetboatperformance.com/index.php?p=drivelineeducation ) ? is the DL (not the PTO) from the 455 being used on the 454 and are you using 3 pt or 4pt mounts Happy to help we do alot of these swaps Tom

Boostedballs
09-12-2008, 02:58 PM
I know that pics are great but a real PITA in this situation where I don't know if the hoist is going to drop that heavy mother through the floor of the boat.
I have the Rockwell short H bar. It looks like I need the long H bar. Is the spline pattern for this berkley the same as any automotive application? I would love to just separate the joints and put a longer piece on.