PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum boat fun - video

Xerophobic
09-17-2008, 01:43 PM
A new video of an Eagle 17 X Sport bashing some rocks on the Brazeau River, Alberta, Canada
Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAi7aHfXK30

DELTA~HOLIC
09-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Now that there is sick! What i wonder is how do you prevent sucking up all those rocks into you pump????????????

Cas
09-18-2008, 09:37 PM
I'd love to go for a ride up a river like that, love to drive one also!
cool vid! then again, most of the ones you have are cool!

Aluminum Squirt
09-18-2008, 09:56 PM
A rock grate keeps all the big stuff out. Sand and small pepples can get through but that just helps to polish my bowl and impeller a little better:D . Always makes me wonder about these crazy lake guys who detail their entire pump, wipe the road grime out before launch, etc etc when I have run many a sand bar through my pump and haven't lost a MPH yet. I guess if I was actually putting up some big numbers it would matter but it doesn't at my lowly speeds. By the way, hi Xero, great video, long time no post over here. Kinda dead lately, hope life is well-Aluminum Squirt

Xerophobic
09-19-2008, 06:35 AM
Now that there is sick! What i wonder is how do you prevent sucking up all those rocks into you pump????????????
Who said anything about prevention? :D Basically what AS said and yea there were def some things caught in the grate by the end of the day. Still could get up on plane tho hehe
No kidding there AS i rarely surf this site now its just not the same anymore
Cheers

firstjetinMN
09-19-2008, 08:26 AM
Hey Zero -
Just a general question about the metal boats you run..... do they ever lose value? I have considered getting one but you can not find any for less than 10 grand? Even the new bare hulls are going for 20K ?

Xerophobic
09-19-2008, 10:48 AM
Hey Zero -
Just a general question about the metal boats you run..... do they ever lose value? I have considered getting one but you can not find any for less than 10 grand? Even the new bare hulls are going for 20K ?
In a word, no
Sorry thats not what you want to hear when you're buying one but it sure is nice once you do own one. They hold their value incredibly well as the hulls last and last and dont tend to deteriorate in the same ways as glass or wood hulls do. Styling is usually the only thing that "date's" an aluminum jetboat.
They are also generally easily fixed/repaired so the used market is far more scarce than with other types of boats.
I actually sold a 2001 Eagle a few months back for more than it cost new with 183 hours on it! Try that with other toys like a quad etc....
p.s. new hulls arent THAT bad but they are still over 10K, $13500 for a tunnel

afterdark
09-19-2008, 10:10 PM
hell ill sell ya mine for 12k 19 foot 454 made for white water racing