PDA

View Full Version : Sanger Hydro's

970Daytona
10-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Looking to by a Sanger Pickelfork Hydro,but have never had one before. Can some one tell me the differance between "Drag hydro " and 'Ski hydro"? Hull weight? Set up? One harder to drive than the other? Any info or history appreciated!!

wsuwrhr
10-11-2008, 07:49 AM
I don't know about weights, but a drag hydro has an "outboard" rudder, turns well at speed but not worth a shit at low speed.
A ski hydro has an inboard rudder, similar to a flatbottom.
Brian

nivels
10-13-2008, 03:28 PM
I don't know about weights, but a drag hydro has an "outboard" rudder, turns well at speed but not worth a shit at low speed.
A ski hydro has an inboard rudder, similar to a flatbottom.
Brian And they have passenger seats

sangerfan76
10-17-2008, 02:47 PM
get your self a ski sanger hydro you will like it. they made a drag bottom with ski top but are very hard to find. the ski hydro is safe up to about 120 then it wants to fly and the steering gets hard. thats why the drag has outside rudder and longer so when it blows the tail you can still steer. the drag you got to bolt the rudder on at the ramp and cant tow with it on also it dont steer for shit. the ski rudder is under boat and steers well. i have had many hydros and have a ski now. if you never rode in one go you will love it but will scare the shit out of you at first. then you wont get enough. if its a drag and it blows the tail as is supposed to , trust me you will shit your pants, but o what a rush, the 78-84 are the better with banana bottoms also they are 19 ft or you can get a classic jr which is the 18ft either way you will have fun just dont expect to turn fast.

beernut
11-12-2008, 02:26 PM
what about the shovel nose,what speed were they good for,(mines a ski)did they want to blow over easy?

twisted202
11-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Shovenose hydro's are ban from most clubs that go faster than a 9 second pass for saftey reasons even though i've seen alot go faster than that and not have any problems. My Bitz 502 drag hydro won't steer worth a crap at any speed. Let me know if your serious about a sanger SKI hydro, I maybe able to get you a # of a guy who want to move up to Drag hydro cause it cost to much money to covert over from a ski to a drag hydro.

sangerfan76
11-14-2008, 12:51 PM
very true on the shovel noses although they look bad azz. i have a 79 sanger hydro, there is a 77 on performanceboats sight that he wants to trade for a v hull its bad azz was converted but done right. isnt a bitz hydro a kurtis mainly

twisted202
11-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Bitz Took A Splash Off Of A Kurtis Bottom But Made The Mold Himself On The Upper Haft. The 502 Is A Lake Racing Version, Since Mine Was The 2nd Out Of The Mold I Made Mine A Single Seat Drag Boat To Race And Not To Screw Around Grudge Racing In Some Lake With A Bunch Of Drunks. Since His Shop Burnt Down There Problibly Wont Be Any Other 502 Hull, Just Mine And One Down In Cal. Somewhere Only.

bad influence
11-24-2008, 06:22 PM
i,v been playin with hydro,s for 12 years and i love going fast i,v learned alot in the last 12 years ,i have two hydro,s one is a 78 sanger drag hydro with a blown and injected 496/ 2 speed and clutch and its real fast but i,v hated the way they turn but listen guys there,s a new set up in town and its called duel outboard rudders and believe me its like night and day ,this boat turns and is so much more fun to drive at the river ,and if your motor is making some power its alot safer with outboard rudders,it also slows the boat down alot faster you wouldn,t believe the differance,my new boats a deaver with a blown injected 572 arias /2 speed and clutch,,double rudder and i can,t wait for april test and tune at the river,needles cal,

bad influence
12-06-2008, 01:44 PM
heres a few picures down in needles cal,of my 78 sanger and my friends 80 sanger hydro,s

Whip
12-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Bitz Took A Splash Off Of A Kurtis Bottom But Made The Mold Himself On The Upper Haft. The 502 Is A Lake Racing Version, Since Mine Was The 2nd Out Of The Mold I Made Mine A Single Seat Drag Boat To Race And Not To Screw Around Grudge Racing In Some Lake With A Bunch Of Drunks. Since His Shop Burnt Down There Problibly Wont Be Any Other 502 Hull, Just Mine And One Down In Cal. Somewhere Only.
Great to see that the other 502 hydro is out there racing. Would like to get together sometime and compare boat notes. Later, Ray

twisted202
12-12-2008, 06:28 PM
WHIP, WOW, BITZ TOLD ME THERE WAS ANOTHER 502 OUT THERE BUT I WASN'T SURE IF HE WAS JUST BLOWING SMOKE LIKE HE NORMALLY DOES. POST A PICTURE SO I CAN GET A LOOK. MY BOAT WILL BE AT RED BLUFF AND CHOWCHILLA IF THEY EVEN HAVE THOUGH'S.:sqeyes:

Whip
12-12-2008, 07:02 PM
WHIP, WOW, BITZ TOLD ME THERE WAS ANOTHER 502 OUT THERE BUT I WASN'T SURE IF HE WAS JUST BLOWING SMOKE LIKE HE NORMALLY DOES. POST A PICTURE SO I CAN GET A LOOK. MY BOAT WILL BE AT RED BLUFF AND CHOWCHILLA IF THEY EVEN HAVE THOUGH'S.:sqeyes:
Here is a picture: Rick (Bitz) delivered this hull to my house around midnight on a ski boat trailer with 3 wheels and the hull riding backward. I was worried that he delivered a questionable hull but it has taken all the power i have given it. By the way Joe Shelfo told me that he was lined up next to you at one of the events.

twisted202
12-13-2008, 12:13 AM
HAVE YOU EVER RAN THAT MONSTER MOTOR IN ANY 1/4 MILE DRAG COMPITITION? I NOTICED THE DECALS ON THE SIDE. i'VE BEEN AROUND JOE FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS AND WAS IN THE SEMI'S AT PHEONIX BUT SLEPT AT THE LIGHT AND NEVER GOT TO RUN HIM IN THE FINALS. WHO ASSEMBLED YOUR BITZ FROM SCRATCH. SEND ME YOUR PRIVATE E-MAIL AND I'D LIKE TO SEE SOME PICTURES ON THE INSIDE AND I'LL SEND YOU SOME OF MINE. i TALKED TO RICK AT ONE OF OUR RACES DOWN ON THE COAST. I CAME OUT OF THE WATER AFTER A PASS AND THERE WAS RICK STANDING ON THE RAMP, THE FIRST WORDS OUT OF MOUTH WAS I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD, NOBODY WAS PISSED ENOUGH AT YOU TAKE YOU OUT. I'LL LOAD SOME PIC'S OF A COUPLE OF PASSES

HEMETDRAGRACER
12-17-2008, 10:52 AM
my buddy has a drag shovel nose, steering is useless... lol... bad ass boat though... heres a few pics

Caught N the Act
12-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Looking to by a Sanger Pickelfork Hydro,but have never had one before. Can some one tell me the differance between "Drag hydro " and 'Ski hydro"? Hull weight? Set up? One harder to drive than the other? Any info or history appreciated!!
I saw this a couple of weeks ago and though we'd shed some light on this subject for you.
We were a Sanger dealer from 1972 thru 1984 at which time bought the last Ski (a stage 3) and Drag LT (a stage 1) hulls ever made. Jack offered us the molds (before the molds were cut up) to carry on with at which time we declined.
So, to answer your question, both boats are identical in length (18.2) other then the Drag hull came in either a super light, light, medium or heavy layup and in either a narrow or wide cockpit. There was also a third hull referred to as the TOP FUEL boat Jack made (I sold many in stage 3 set-ups) which had a tunnel, long side runners and was not bent. When people refer to Sanger Hydro's as a "banana" boat they need to do their research. All Sanger Hydro's after 1974 were bent in the molds (not taken out and cut and bent out of the mold finished by hand as previous versions) which would help the boats in quicker planning, safer re-entry after hydroplaning and improved steering. There were also two different Drag Hydro molds which are commonly referred to as the "FIVE RIBs". The difference being in the fork length in the bow. From 1973 thru 1976 they had shallower entry and shorter pickle forks. The 1977 thru 1984 are the most common Five Rib Drag Hydro today. The Junior Hydro's are Conventional or Shovelnose hulls, which have exactly the same bottom in either a Ski or Drag deck and were not a bent hull.
To further answer your question, Ski Hydro's steer very similar to a Jet boat and are very safe at speeds over 120! I personally have run Ski Hydro's over 140 MPH. I had a customer I sold a Ski Hydro to that eventually ran somewhere around 160 MPH on the River. Drag Hydro's on the other hand do not steer like Jet boats but do steer well for what they were designed for. My Son and I are building a 1977 Drag Medium layup Sanger now for the River and I'm not worried about the steering at all.....
970 Daytona, I would highly recommend that you look into a Ski Hydro either in a Pickle fork or Conventional and keep in mind it will take a lot of HP and experienced boat set-up to get it to run 120 plus.
I would also like to add that this is an expensive and serious piece of equipment and should be respected as such.
If you have any questions you contact us directly. Drag boats are our business and our passion.
P.S. we have a 1984 Ski Hydro for sale with a blown 468.
Caught N the Act 225

sangerfan76
12-18-2008, 09:05 AM
thanks for the great post. too bad those molds were not purchased. i think they are priceless if still around. why is it sanger is one of the only hydro not re popped. i have a sanger hydro with the banana bottom. its a ski version. its currently in resto and when i bought it at a estate sale the numbers on the side are gone. i know its a later 77-84 because i have had other older models. is there a distinctive location or way to determain the year of my hull. as far as steering., i planned on useing the cable again. should i upgrade to something else or is that ok. 2 i have seen where a 3 blade cleaver is put on and a longer inboard rudder was on . looked cool but what is the combination i should use. i may repeat may run the boat in the ski class but its being built at a little use trailer queen like my last. im a sanger fanatic and thats all i will own i currently have 4 sangers and looking for more always. i hope you dont mind the questions as i could use your input.
i recently got a 74 sanger runner bottom. what v drive are they supposed to have 12 or 10?

sangerfan76
12-18-2008, 09:07 AM
rumor is molds were cut up but then i have also heard it was the seconds and thirds and the 1sts are in storage. please enlighten ifyou have info

rich seibert
12-18-2008, 10:32 AM
I just bought this 2 weeks ago. i can not find any hull ID # was told it is a 76 and was a blown gas hydro
call Satan`s Toy, 1st owner was Buddy Gregory from so cal. I was told it was orange w/ graphics back in the day.I was told this is a very rare hull.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/3088144754_09379bddd1.jpg

Caught N the Act
12-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Thank you... I appreciate your passion for these world class performance v-drive boats.
All of the "Hot Rod" V-drive molds were cut up at the time we picked up the last Hydro's. I can't tell you what was done with the Hydro, Flat or jet plugs nor the Alley Cat's or the stern drive Cruisers molds. We talk about this nearly very everyday. It definitely brings many memories from the 70's and 80's as we're putting our boat together. I believe the boat died with Jack, as it should have being that he was the creator of the three point and four point Hydro as we know it. You'll find that most of the boat builders today and even at that time were Sanger copies in regards to the bottom the decks were there only distinctive features. Referring to hull numbers; no, there isn't another way to identify the year specifically, but it sounds like you already know have a good idea. Were they ground off or just painted over? Where is the registration? The cable steering system is more than OK, hydraulic is fine to. Another piece of history for you, all Drag Hydro's also utilized cable steering up to 1976. On most of the Ski Hydro's we built, which were "short stage 2's", we would set them up with a three blade cleaver built by our good friend Tom Black from Precision Propellers before he passed. Email me directly what your motor combination, v-drive location, gears and propeller and I'll give a combination. Rudder length should always be approximately 3" below the tip of the prop.
Caught N the Act 225

Caught N the Act
12-18-2008, 11:56 AM
I just bought this 2 weeks ago. i can not find any hull ID # was told it is a 76 and was a blown gas hydro
call Satan`s Toy, 1st owner was Buddy Gregory from so cal. I was told it was orange w/ graphics back in the day.I was told this is a very rare hull.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/3088144754_09379bddd1.jpg
Rich,
Is it indeed a Super lite one layup deck? The hull numbers are located on the right side if the boat near the read about 6" off the transom 1" off the bottom of the boat.
Caught N the Act 225

sangerfan76
12-18-2008, 12:02 PM
reason i brought it up was how did the new memorial hydro get built. there has got to be a mold. i spoke with a guy at sanger boats and says some molds are there. who knows? i spoke with kathy and it sounds like with the bad economy she may consider building old hot boats again, but was very careful what was said by the sound of her voice..ill get measurements and pics tonight for you . as far as year i dont really car but so far my plan is a blown 496 with a 2 speed owens i have. has a casale box but i figured id send to precision craft for rebuild and add of a whirlaway. i know new molds can be made with a hull. but like kathy said some of the reason is without making new it keeps the value of the old up. hondo is re making boats. i think no matter what these boats are history that will never go dead. the factories should help keep it alive . dan

rich seibert
12-18-2008, 09:00 PM
http://pictures.khbeck.com/racing/1987-0711-26.jpg
Caught N the Act
I can recall reading your name each month in National Drag Boat
(pic from Kbeck) Steve Varner has always been one of my heros.
my hull id #s must have been filled in and painted over,
also my hull has never been regestered,race boat all it`s life
it is filled w/ foam
a guy named Mike Ferras had this boat from 84 to 2005 or so,
it also had a Denver Mullens capsule in it when it left Ca.
then was repainted and back to a open boat now it`s in Pa.
sorry guys i did not mean to highjack this topic.

Caught N the Act
12-19-2008, 08:25 AM
Not a problem.
That's us in BGH looks like back East maybe St. Louis. Steve is definitely a talented Drag boat drive and still a very good friend of ours. We talk about the old Drag days once in a while, maybe doing it again.
You know they all get painted over or ground off like my two Hydro's. You can either register it as a home built hull or find someone with cleared serials numbers and change one letter and run through DMV to see if it is used. That's what I'm doing.
Good look' in boat BTW - Looks like a early 392? Are you going to run it?
We knew Buddy, we were running BAH at the time he was in Gas, not in a Sanger I believe.
Caught N the Act 225

sangerfan76
12-19-2008, 09:23 AM
heck i never thought of that , just changing a letter. i been going round and roundtrying to find a 78- hull damaged to buy the title. sorry to dig info but by chance do you have any old brochures i can buy from you. my dad bought the old challenger UFH from roy scannoni ( in sure spelled wrong) that Hippi george drove. it was a fuel hull that was sold . i tried to locate the boat and descovered it was destroyed in 86 buy a jack ass trying to use it in the delta as a lake boat. i did locate the old ski hydro my dad owned but haven sent a letter to the guy and see if willing to sell. back in 81 my dad bought 4 blank hulls from jack a mini day , ski, drag hydro and a flat bottom all on the same day. since years past the mini was sold in 85 but we located it and rebought it. its being restored. the flat and drag hydro are destroyed. the ski is in lake tahoe. my hydro will have the same name as my dad ran his under DEFIANCE with the same number. its a sentimental thing no more.

sangerfan76
12-19-2008, 09:27 AM
i just got a sanger runner 1974 , im looking to see if any history, reason is the odd ol hillbilly i got it from didnt have it long.the boat has a cf number on it but last reg on hull is 1978. it doennot look like any other year taggs were put over it so it may be last time reg. there is the number 753 on the back sides. the paint has definatley shown age and has the painter name on the bow. ill post pics

Caught N the Act
12-19-2008, 09:50 AM
heck i never thought of that , just changing a letter. i been going round and roundtrying to find a 78- hull damaged to buy the title. sorry to dig info but by chance do you have any old brochures i can buy from you. my dad bought the old challenger UFH from roy scannoni ( in sure spelled wrong) that Hippi george drove. it was a fuel hull that was sold . i tried to locate the boat and descovered it was destroyed in 86 buy a jack ass trying to use it in the delta as a lake boat. i did locate the old ski hydro my dad owned but haven sent a letter to the guy and see if willing to sell. back in 81 my dad bought 4 blank hulls from jack a mini day , ski, drag hydro and a flat bottom all on the same day. since years past the mini was sold in 85 but we located it and rebought it. its being restored. the flat and drag hydro are destroyed. the ski is in lake tahoe. my hydro will have the same name as my dad ran his under DEFIANCE with the same number. its a sentimental thing no more.
I don't think I do.
Blanks? Wow, Jack never sold blanks. Closest bare hull you could get would be a Stage 1. Jack must of really trusted your Dad.
Caught N the Act 225

sangerfan76
12-19-2008, 01:33 PM
well the deal was made with the manager at the time. the hulls left blank. no emblems or any holes in them not even a strut hole . cool thing is i have the pics to proove it. when the mini got done first some gas spilled on the deck from the tanks breathing and the boat had to go back for paint repair. at that time jack seen no emblems on boat and was not the happiest. i think because my pops bought 4 boats same day cash. the manager worked a deal he probly shouldnt have. my dad and jack go way back but wasnt more than business . i remember my dad cuttin all holes . im diging up the pics and will post them. when the hulls came home and when the mini was bought back just last year. i wont own anything but sangers. we have had pretty much all models even the 26 ft tahoe sprint and jet hydro. im always lookingfor more sangers. recently my dad gave me the orig yellow crew shirt and jacket from when he was with tim morgan and the flying machine. ill be seeing tim after x-mas for him to sign them . no one knows where the old flying machines went ive heard back east. the kurtis hulls he went to are gone also.

Caught N the Act
12-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Sounds like you're on your way to having one model? Have you looked into an Ally Cat?
I know Jack was very particular his boats and how they ran. That why I'm surprised to hear they were blank.
Looking forward to seeing your photos. I would definitely like to see close-ups of the candy paint layouts. We ordered specific gel coat colors and candy layouts for at the time what was popular down here in So Cal.
Maybe you can help me locate a early 80's v-drive day cruiser project boat?
Have a good weekend!
Caught N the Act 225

Caught N the Act
12-19-2008, 04:48 PM
reason i brought it up was how did the new memorial hydro get built. there has got to be a mold. i spoke with a guy at sanger boats and says some molds are there. who knows? i spoke with kathy and it sounds like with the bad economy she may consider building old hot boats again, but was very careful what was said by the sound of her voice..ill get measurements and pics tonight for you . as far as year i dont really car but so far my plan is a blown 496 with a 2 speed owens i have. has a casale box but i figured id send to precision craft for rebuild and add of a whirlaway. i know new molds can be made with a hull. but like kathy said some of the reason is without making new it keeps the value of the old up. hondo is re making boats. i think no matter what these boats are history that will never go dead. the factories should help keep it alive . dan
Hondo is not making Boats, Jamie's is making a Drag boat under the Hondo name.

sangerfan76
12-19-2008, 05:50 PM
i saw a thread that they were making hulls again. i asked about a new hull and was givin a price of around 6k. but it wasnt a sanger but i wanted a new hull. i thought it was kinda odd, glad you clearified it.
oddly i found my mini day from looking at a alley cat 23 for sale where i live it orig was of course a outboard changed to a I/O and was looking into info it it worked and was safe. I called sanger and spoke with scott. (cool guy) some how we got on the topic of old mini days and he told us about one for sale on a odd ball web site. out of couriosity dad and i looked it up and holly crap it looked just like ours. i called for the hin and cf number they lady that was selling said it came out of napa. well hell thats where were from. all numbers matched and it was our old mini named "shy town hustler" , it was for sale because her dad died in 07 and was sick since 98 and has been sitting. we drove next day to auburn cal. confirmed boat and bought it. still was the same down to the pinstriping less the name , he did add a bow rail, emblems and lights. of course i did not buy the alley cat. right now since im in deep on the hydro in resto, its sitting partially rigged awaiting to go to billy b after i get my hydro back from billy.
my mini is orig the cream hull with browns with brown int. the hydros were all the same colors. black with red/golds purples and blues. typical paint scheme. the flat was a white with blue ring and also on the bubble.
ill shoot you pics i mailed to billy of my mini. the hydro i have listed pics in the past on v drive under sanger restoration

pixrthis
12-23-2008, 07:23 PM
heres a few picures down in needles cal,of my 78 sanger and my friends 80 sanger hydro,s
The name is perfect. Nice boat.

HEMETDRAGRACER
12-23-2008, 09:37 PM
heres more pics of my buddys shovel for anyone that cares...:D

HEMETDRAGRACER
12-23-2008, 09:38 PM
few more...:sqeyes:

bad influence
12-24-2008, 06:29 PM
heres more pics of my buddys shovel for anyone that cares...:D
nice boat,and if your buddy doesn,t like the way it steers,,,double outboard rudder,both of my hydro,s have them and i,ll be down in needles all summer long if he like the check it out,,,,,

1Bahnerjet
12-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Hondo is not making Boats, Jamie's is making a Drag boat under the Hondo name.
http://www.performanceboats.com/html/forums/showthread.php?t=14120

HEMETDRAGRACER
12-29-2008, 07:44 AM
nice boat,and if your buddy doesn,t like the way it steers,,,double outboard rudder,both of my hydro,s have them and i,ll be down in needles all summer long if he like the check it out,,,,,
Ill let him know, hes only had it out a few times, but it took all the river at parker to turn around... is that normal?

bad influence
12-29-2008, 08:19 AM
Ill let him know, hes only had it out a few times, but it took all the river at parker to turn around... is that normal?
thats normal for single outboard rudder,now i can turn around in less than half with the double setup,tell him to come up to the needles end of april,i,ll have two hydro,s with same setup and i,ll give him a ride ,he won,t belive the difference,,,,

stix818
12-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Bad Influence, where do you hang out at in Speedles (Needles, my bad)? I'm up that way working at my old man's shop just about every weekend!!!

bad influence
12-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Bad Influence, where do you hang out at in Speedles (Needles, my bad)? I'm up that way working at my old man's shop just about every weekend!!!
my buddies house is about 1 mile north of the needles bridge,its the only blue house on the az side,we start playing in march weather permiting but we will be up there this weekend working on our morring block before the water rises,if your out there stop by,1065 dike rd,my names darryn and my buddies name is doug,,,,

stix818
12-30-2008, 07:38 AM
my buddies house is about 1 mile north of the needles bridge,its the only blue house on the az side,we start playing in march weather permiting but we will be up there this weekend working on our morring block before the water rises,if your out there stop by,1065 dike rd,my names darryn and my buddies name is doug,,,,
Sweet!!! We've actually ran my old man's boat from a house from that area a few times, long time ago now but anyways, my oldman lives just North of you behind Valley Wheel and Tire. I'm heading up there tomorrow for my old lady's doctors appointment and pick up parts and will be there threw Thursday night Friday morning. Old lady has to work on Friday.:( When you coming out? We'll have to meet up and have a cold one. I was raised there so that's were all our (wife and mine) family is from.

bad influence
12-30-2008, 08:01 AM
Sweet!!! We've actually ran my old man's boat from a house from that area a few times, long time ago now but anyways, my oldman lives just North of you behind Valley Wheel and Tire. I'm heading up there tomorrow for my old lady's doctors appointment and pick up parts and will be there threw Thursday night Friday morning. Old lady has to work on Friday.:( When you coming out? We'll have to meet up and have a cold one. I was raised there so that's were all our (wife and mine) family is from.
should be out there around 10 am friday,,,

rdbjr3
01-03-2009, 08:36 PM
saw the ad in boats ,19ft thought someone might want to get for resto i would but have no place,shitttt:jawdrop: :eek: craigslist boat is in palmdale,look in los angeles.phone [661]917-8167

Caught N the Act
01-07-2009, 07:59 AM
thats normal for single outboard rudder,now i can turn around in less than half with the double setup,tell him to come up to the needles end of april,i,ll have two hydro,s with same setup and i,ll give him a ride ,he won,t belive the difference,,,,
Hey Bad Influence,
How will dual rudders work with outboard cable steering?
Caught N the Act 225

machjim
01-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Caught N The Act I would like to talk to you if possible..Here is my 85 5 rib that never has had a hole in it....It has a vin on the rear...Send me some contact info please...

970Daytona
01-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Thanks for your info Caught N The Act. I wish your blown ski hydro was not so far away. I'm not ready to travel that far yet(in ohio),but may have to. I'm still looking but not finding any in the mid west for sale. I would like to see some pic's of your blown ski hydro if possible.

Caught N the Act
01-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Thanks for your info Caught N The Act. I wish your blown ski hydro was not so far away. I'm not ready to travel that far yet(in ohio),but may have to. I'm still looking but not finding any in the mid west for sale. I would like to see some pic's of your blown ski hydro if possible.
I'll send a few out ASAP.

bad influence
01-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Hey Bad Influence,
How will dual rudders work with outboard cable steering?
Caught N the Act 225
couldn,t tell you,both mine have one long rod with tie rod ends on both ends for adjustment, i,v never seen cable steering on an outboard rudder hydro but i wouldn,t change a thing on mine except for a little nitro one of these years,,,,

Caught N the Act
01-08-2009, 08:07 AM
couldn,t tell you,both mine have one long rod with tie rod ends on both ends for adjustment, i,v never seen cable steering on an outboard rudder hydro but i wouldn,t change a thing on mine except for a little nitro one of these years,,,,
Yah, most of the early Drag hydros were cable until around 1972, I believe.
Nitro... You can't even get an Alcohol motor to run?
Caught N the Act 225

bad influence
01-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Yah, most of the early Drag hydros were cable until around 1972, I believe.
Nitro... You can't even get an Alcohol motor to run?
Caught N the Act 225
shit ,,,it ran all year, and where were you,how about you quit jerkin off and get that pile running before you waste another summer, and your dad could use a little help from time to time,as much time as you waste sittin at that computer you could be gettin something done,,,,,

970Daytona
01-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Hey.... Caught n the act.....How do I get in touch with you ( before this site goes down) send me an email or number please. I have found another hydro and might have a few questions. Expert like yourself are hard to find!!!
tb16000@verizon.net
Thanks.

oz cheek
08-07-2009, 10:47 AM
I have been reading all the former post's and would like some help with the combination I am running. Does any one know how to get in touch with Caught n the act? I purchased a 1980 Sanger Ski hydro with a Merlin 540 13.5 compression, fairly large mechanical roller, tunnel ram and two 750s. This is the first v-drive boat I have owed but grew up with many other boats. I am interested in checking the integrity of the hull and learning the proper maintenance of all the related boat and drive hardware. I have been using the boat in Lake Tahoe after changing the tune. It puts a smile on my face every time I go out. All the Best, Oz