PDA

View Full Version : Corvette Talk...hey Todd969

John.
10-10-2008, 07:33 AM
so yes, this one isn't boating related, but oh well.
if/when we get some money back on the Chevelle disaster, I'm thinking that I'd like to go a different route for my future punishment. I think I'd like to get a 68 or 69 convertible corvette. I've found many that have reasonable prices. i like the look of the stingray. only problem is, Ericka doesn't like them. I was watching rush hour 3 on tv the other day and Chris Rock was cruising in an old convertible stingray and I decided that I really like them.
what do you think? Go buy some Fountain Powerboat stock, or get a new old Corvette? If I get the vette, I've got to get something for Ericka too so she'll be okay with it. She still wants a a dirtbike, so I think that's a fair trade off.

grads2112
10-10-2008, 08:15 AM
if/when we get some money back on the Chevelle disaster, I'm thinking that I'd like to go a different route for my future punishment. I think I'd like to get a 68 or 69 convertible corvette. I've found many that have reasonable prices. i like the look of the stingray. only problem is, Ericka doesn't like them. I was watching rush hour 3 on tv the other day and Chris Rock was cruising in an old convertible stingray and I decided that I really like them.
what do you think? Go buy some Fountain Powerboat stock, or get a new old Corvette? If I get the vette, I've got to get something for Ericka too so she'll be okay with it. She still wants a a dirtbike, so I think that's a fair trade off.
First of all what were you doing watching Rush Hour 3???
Second, why don't you just burn the money in your fireplace, I'll come over and kick you in the nuts as hard as I can and then save the money you would spend on attorney's fees and you will come out ahead.:D

Todd969
10-10-2008, 08:50 AM
I read Gregs post before replying and I couldn't help but laugh.
I'm over old cars....... That's why we bought a new vette. The time,money and constant worry of reliability was the icing.
I'll be the first to appreciate an older car of any make, but just can't own them. 2 recent car shows and I couldn't believe some of the hardware. In Prescott there was probably a dozen 60's, they look pretty, but ours drives better:)
However with your way of thinking an older vette could be right up your alley.:D :D
It's things like this that keep the world going round.... To each their own.

John.
10-10-2008, 10:27 AM
I seriously need to just own a used car lot because there are a ton of cars that I'd like to have at some point...Ericka wants another Mercedes and not the Corvette.

Todd969
10-10-2008, 04:09 PM
I seriously need to just own a used car lot because there are a ton of cars that I'd like to have at some point...Ericka wants another Mercedes and not the Corvette.
Ding ding... You nailed it:eek:
Don't know crap about MB, but I can say our 08 BMW 535I has been fantastic.

rshrp2003
10-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Looking into the new camaro , if it ever comes out ? I think they should be for sale soon probably in the next few months.can't wait to see one on the streets.

rshrp2003
10-12-2008, 08:46 AM
Ericka.... dirtbike ...Hell yeah , back in the day I had two , a yz 250 and a Rm 250.Those bikes kicked my ass , great memories.

John.
10-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Looking into the new camaro , if it ever comes out ? I think they should be for sale soon probably in the next few months.can't wait to see one on the streets.
transformers was on TV last night...Ericka said that she'd be okay with a Bumble Bee car, but it has to talk. :idea:

rshrp2003
10-12-2008, 08:49 AM
transformers was on TV last night...Ericka said that she'd be okay with a Bumble Bee car, but it has to talk. :idea:
that would be an upgrade

frosted tips
10-15-2008, 03:46 PM
:eek: so yes, this one isn't boating related, but oh well.
what do you think? Go buy some Fountain Powerboat stock, or get a new old Corvette? If I get the vette, I've got to get something for Ericka too so she'll be okay with it. She still wants a a dirtbike, so I think that's a fair trade off.:eek: john john stay with a tunnel or 69 camaro .......

SummitKarl
10-15-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm over old cars.......
Gota 100 sitting on my dash,
it's yours if you can grab it when my foots in it.;)
P.S. please bring your own "Depends":D :D

John.
10-15-2008, 07:59 PM
:eek: :eek: john john stay with a tunnel or 69 camaro .......
i would love a 69 Camaro, however Ericka hates them. looks like the 68 or 69 vette is out too.

SummitKarl
10-15-2008, 08:23 PM
I think you should keep on the Chevelle track, yea I read the horror story:rolleyes: (don't let one bad guy ruin it for you);)
but here is why.
as a appreciating Asset the Chevelle is going to out perform the Vette (unless the vette gets a NCRS score of 90+ or becomes a Duntoff award winner) ie... the Vettes that draw the big bucks.
The Chevelle's are becoming more and more desirable (over the getting pricey Cameros) and "Their" Market is more accessible to a much broader base...........
dollar in, to dollar out your going to do better with a Chevelle over a Camero or Vette.
Same thing goes for the Fords, better off to restore a Fairlane or Galaxie 500 than say a cookie cutter Mustang, if your looking for a positive;) return on your investment

Todd969
10-16-2008, 06:41 AM
Gota 100 sitting on my dash,
it's yours if you can grab it when my foots in it.;)
P.S. please bring your own "Depends":D :D
What is it with you and that 289? Arguing with you would be pointless. Lets just say you win and I really don't give a "F" about racing,never talked about racing, have no interest in racing and didn't buy it to race.
Some people's kids:rolleyes:
:D

SummitKarl
10-16-2008, 07:58 AM
What is it with you and that 289? Arguing with you would be pointless. Lets just say you win and I really don't give a "F" about racing,never talked about racing, have no interest in racing and didn't buy it to race.
289?...........:rolleyes:
That ALU. 347 to you Mr.:D :D
GEEZZZ Todd relax don't get your "Huggies" all in a bunch:) :D
you went from Old FORD Fan:D to ...errrrr new Chevy:mad: ......you gota know I am going to tease you a bit about that;)
it's the ol' "dish it out and take it" thing

John.
10-16-2008, 12:41 PM
i used to love jumping on my vette all the way up to about 60 mph. the 20 to 60 mph jump was awesome. put you right in the back of your seat. i wasn't much for actual real racing...don't want to get arrested, lose my car or wreck it.

RiverRatMike
10-16-2008, 04:49 PM
LOL here we go again, why can't we all just get along

Todd969
10-16-2008, 05:26 PM
LOL here we go again, why can't we all just get along
Not at all. Karl was poking and I poked back. How are ya Mike?

Todd969
10-16-2008, 05:28 PM
289?...........:rolleyes:
you went from Old FORD Fan:D
Still am, but there was NOWAY I was going to pay 100K for the 500KR. I will say that the Vette is a fun trip car 85 mph and 27/28 mpg can't be beat.

RiverRatMike
10-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Not at all. Karl was poking and I poked back. How are ya Mike?
doing good, liked your rhino trip photos you posted the other day. Looked like you guys had fun. Took my rhino out to Parker last weekend and logged 75 miles on it. Went everywhere, the weather was great. What you been up to?

Todd969
10-16-2008, 06:08 PM
doing good, liked your rhino trip photos you posted the other day. Looked like you guys had fun. Took my rhino out to Parker last weekend and logged 75 miles on it. Went everywhere, the weather was great. What you been up to?
Cool. So much for Vette talk, I think it was done anyway:D
I'm still hoping to boat a few more weekends. I'm ready\not ready for dirt season. I got some great GPS routes out of Standard that I'm excited to try. I'm also looking to Phuggit for some of that Geo-caching thing this season.
Other than that life is good and I woke up this morning:)

RiverRatMike
10-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Cool. So much for Vette talk, I think it was done anyway:D
I'm still hoping to boat a few more weekends. I'm ready\not ready for dirt season. I got some great GPS routes out of Standard that I'm excited to try. I'm also looking to Phuggit for some of that Geo-caching thing this season.
Other than that life is good and I woke up this morning:)
cool, looking forward to a ride with ya again. Sometimes we camp out at standard wash with the trailer right off hwy 95. We did a ride from there to Bill Williams River a couple of years ago. Very cool trails back there and was around 40 miles one way. That desert just seems to go on forever. Well have a great weekend. I'm heading back down to the Parker river house this weekend with the Rhino and Waverunner. Also will be down there for the Parker 300 boat races. Talk to you soon.
Mike

MODVP22
10-18-2008, 10:21 AM
You can start ordering them as if this week at your Chevy dealers. The "Bumble Bee" color isn't available though

Cat sass
10-21-2008, 05:33 PM
I think you should keep on the Chevelle track, yea I read the horror story:rolleyes: (don't let one bad guy ruin it for you);)
but here is why.
as a appreciating Asset the Chevelle is going to out perform the Vette (unless the vette gets a NCRS score of 90+ or becomes a Duntoff award winner) ie... the Vettes that draw the big bucks.
The Chevelle's are becoming more and more desirable (over the getting pricey Cameros) and "Their" Market is more accessible to a much broader base...........
dollar in, to dollar out your going to do better with a Chevelle over a Camero or Vette.
Same thing goes for the Fords, better off to restore a Fairlane or Galaxie 500 than say a cookie cutter Mustang, if your looking for a positive;) return on your investment
I hate to do this.........but John. - be carefull taking classic car advise from a guy that doesn't know how to spell Camaro:eek:
Sorry summitkarl, couldnt pass it up!:D
And I'm almost afraid to ask, but what happened to the Chevelle John.?

John.
10-21-2008, 09:08 PM
I hate to do this.........but John. - be carefull taking classic car advise from a guy that doesn't know how to spell Camaro:eek:
I want your camaro! that is one super sweet car.

Cat sass
10-23-2008, 08:16 AM
I want your camaro! that is one super sweet car.
Wel, I'd say make me an offer. I doubt I could cover the cost of the motor by selling the whole car right now though. :(
I was also thinking about getting another corvette, having the same problem you are, my wife doesnt like the 69's, and I dont want to pay 60K for a 65. I'd have to agree with the previous posts that the new ones drive way better too. I've had a couple newer ones, and they are nice to drive. Both of the c-4's that I had -I was able to buy, drive them for a year, and then sell them for what I paid. You cant beat that!
Hey, pm me about the chevelle, maybe I can help.

Girl Next Door
10-23-2008, 08:42 AM
I never think about the '63 split-window vette, red leather, 4 on the floor, flared wheel wells, blah, blah, blah that I traded for a VOLKSWAGON!!!!! That's why blondes are called d u m b. When I think about it, I get a little sick.

PHOTOGLOU
10-23-2008, 11:33 AM
I can get that ordered for you with no deposit???

frosted tips
10-24-2008, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE=rshrp2003;2965388]Looking into the new camaro , if it ever comes out ? I think they should be for sale soon probably in the next few months.can't wait to see one on the streets.[/QUOTE Im told on douglas blvd one has been seen by a few people. love the 69 style old or new.Im down to three of them .

SummitKarl
10-24-2008, 10:40 PM
it's cool, I can take it......:)
I have been known to spell Chevy as Cheby sometimes....:D